• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

Joco3000 #61 Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 26517 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostSeagullOfEvil, on 14 January 2019 - 10:33 PM, said:

Well they could add stuff from PC such as tier X reward tanks, personal missions, personal reserves, ability to sell consumables, increased camo customization, etc. 

They could have done that at any point within the last five years.

There is hope, but it's a fools hope.

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

TheOnlyTrueNoob #62 Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:40 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18305 battles
  • [KAPPA]

View PostJoco3000, on 14 January 2019 - 10:35 PM, said:

They could have done that at any point within the last five years.

There is hope, but it's a fools hope.

Yeah I guess, but aside from continuing to press on with the disaster that is mercenaries, idk what else they could do.

3 Marked Tanks

Major Englush #63 Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16546 battles

Everyone's reaction when they read an arty player is quitting:

GUSTO 24 7 #64 Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:08 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 50135 battles
  • [4TH]

View PostJuke Ninja, on 14 January 2019 - 03:38 PM, said:

Oh I know that theres no sympathy coming. Someone has to speak out about it and I have chosen to be one of the only honest pro Arty topic contributers for a couple years.

Arty will never be removed from the game, do u know the honest answer why? 

Tech Engineer badge.

As stated in this thread numerous times not alot of people enjoy Arty. Add in the fact its the worst xp slog in the game... what do you end up with? 

A free xp dumpster fire that spits out hot dollar bills from all the players who "buy" their way thru the lines or buy their way thru the worst of them.

In fact, I am willing to bet you that besides the Waffle and Deathstar, there is no other bigger free xp converting machine then the Arty lines. What I mean by that is people spend money to finish them or bypass certain tanks in the lines.

Its a wall, and a rather big one if you are setting your sights on achieving the Tech Engineer award. It makes WG money. 

When I got into playing Arty years ago, and was playing on average 40 hrs of tanks a week give or take, (with a few days off here and there, some days I'd play 10hrs +) it took me over 14 months to grind every Arty line from the ground up. Only using earned free xp and not spending money on xp conversion. 14 months, thats a huge [edited]wall.

Its the only reason to keep Arty in the game after basically stoping creating content for it. Is it broken? Thats up for debate, it is however extremely unpopular and yes people have quit because of Arty. The only justification for non action against Arty or the complete removal of it is $$$.

You all can try trolling me and say what you will about me leaving, but the bottom line is this: I use to spend 60-100$ a month on this game. Thats one more paying player walking away.

Really nothing this arty hater can disagree with you on here, I agree that it is likely about $$$. It is also probably the least played and most hated class, and even they may have actually realized it is bad for their business to cater much to the arty crowd. 

Damn the torpedoes.........full speed ahead!

Juke Ninja #65 Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:15 AM

Major

• Players
  • 29436 battles

View PostSgt Becket FEAR, on 14 January 2019 - 10:27 PM, said:

Sad to see you go, Juke.

Thank you for your kind words, nice to know some people will miss me :) 

I'll be on Wows, hope to see some of you there.

T00_Late_Checkm8 #66 Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:16 AM

Major

• Players
  • 20373 battles
  • [CCNL]
Bye

3 MOE: IS-6 - Aufkl Panther - Tiger 131 - Jackson - Pz.V/IV. 

Juke Ninja #67 Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:22 AM

Major

• Players
  • 29436 battles

View PostJoco3000, on 14 January 2019 - 10:16 PM, said:

OP, if it makes you feel any better, we aren't getting much in the way of new stuff at all for the next year at least.

I see one new line, and that's it.

Thats not going to be good. New TT lines are what keep people playing and old players coming back... a year with only one added line after releasing the pc tanks in a nerfed state (made some players angry is all im implying).... it really might be the end of days for WoT in a year or 2.

And you know wows will hit the wotc player base pretty hard initially... how much of a lasting impact it will have is anyones guess.

Sad news to hear for sure.

Sgt Becket FEAR #68 Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:39 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10423 battles
  • [ROSA]

View PostJuke Ninja, on 14 January 2019 - 07:15 PM, said:

Thank you for your kind words, nice to know some people will miss me :) 

I'll be on Wows, hope to see some of you there.

Of course ^_^

You know me :)

I'm probably going to be playing it as well so I'll keep an eye out :justwait:

Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

RadiantPup27709 #69 Posted 15 January 2019 - 05:00 AM

Major

• Players
  • 27788 battles

Don't worry OP, i'll play arty in your absence and continue on farming salty hate mail in your name.

Hopefully i'll get at least one tanker to quit wot to balance out your absence.

Warthog II #70 Posted 15 January 2019 - 05:01 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 43500 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostJuke Ninja, on 14 January 2019 - 09:38 PM, said:

You all can try trolling me and say what you will about me leaving, but the bottom line is this: I use to spend 60-100$ a month on this game. Thats one more paying player walking away.

And all that Sky View play helped encourage more players to spend less.

The bottom line is:

When it's an Arty Main is sticking around spending money, it's a net loss for WGW

Edited by Warthog II, 15 January 2019 - 05:02 AM.

Some people claim Ensk should be tier restricted.   I don't believe their lies. 

Imagine if this forum had only players who actually win more than lose trying to tell others how to play. Would be the best forum ever. Instead, we have a bunch of bad advice from players who lose more often than not trying to tell their betters how to play their tanks.

fozfactor #71 Posted 15 January 2019 - 05:22 AM

Major

• Players
  • 58999 battles

View PostJuke Ninja, on 14 January 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

say what you will about me leaving...

Dude you are actually leaving? I thought you were just feeling let down. Sad to see ya go if you do, the cheerleading you gave me over the mic that one match on Scorpion Pass in my King tiger was epic. Turned the beginning of what looked to be going pear shaped into one of my best games ever.

non nobis solum

FATAL ASSERTION #72 Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:51 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21489 battles

Glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read post number 2!

Nothing against the OP of this thread, I just thought the first response was hilarious. I am sure you're a great person, and don't sweat it, plenty of people leave this game, they just usually don't tell everyone all about it.

;}

R35T NO MORE #73 Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:04 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16006 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostJuke Ninja, on 14 January 2019 - 09:41 PM, said:

It very much is, and in fact I had the pleasure of being an alpha tester... who also had the most games played during the alpha out of the xbox playerbase.

Enjoy the Texas then :-) 

My WoT tank reviews

If you enjoy them please do share/sub. Thanks. 

xXlAmbitionzlXx #74 Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:11 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23996 battles

View PostWarthog II, on 15 January 2019 - 05:01 AM, said:

And all that Sky View play helped encourage more players to spend less.

The bottom line is:

When it's an Arty Main is sticking around spending money, it's a net loss for WGW

i find this to be complete [edited]. Id say players leaving felt ignored by the devs, changes to tanks i.e nerfs and buffs overtime, being constantly bombarded with "Personal offers" when they load back into the garage as we all know WG has became greedy and will do just about anything to get you to spend money on this game. The whole [edited]of adding one aspect/change that i despise. (Global accuracy nerf) to help solve the issues surrounding snapshotting tanks from a distance. (Really? How does that work? Solving the issue of RNG by adding more RNG) *Goodluck to having anything remotely competitive now* Esports werent even an option with how much [edited]is in the game xD. Releasing OP broken tanks like the Iron Rain, Chrystler K, reskins of reskins, not resolving any of the issues present till this day with tier X. I find theres alot more to players leaving the game than just this total smear campaign against arty. Im not a total fan boy of arty, i despised the idea of it for years but its not going to change and when i think of it, arty does not have a severe impact on how well i do as a player considering how "broken" it is. I still slap people even if arty ruins one of my games, im still just as disgusting in the other 5 which follow on. 

swindle 321 #75 Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:43 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 38408 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostMajor Englush, on 14 January 2019 - 11:03 PM, said:

Everyone's reaction when they read an arty player is quitting:

Image result for bye felicia gif

FTFY :teethhappy:

YouTube

KD9WjLi.jpg

scwirpeo #76 Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:08 AM

Major

• Players
  • 40633 battles
  • [CRY]

Why add an Arty line that only like 30 people are going to play? They won't make any money that way, and it should be decently obvious they don't care about actually making the game better just making cash money.

Watch the next reskin also be from "player feedback". Because no one is actually asking for reskins but WG is going to flip assets till the day the game dies because all they care about is easy money, the games health be darned.

MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

milesizdead #77 Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:17 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 17953 battles
  • [47R]

View PostJuke Ninja, on 14 January 2019 - 09:46 PM, said:

You have completely pushed me away from this game. As an Arty lover the game is dead. No new content for years for Arty players.

I didnt want to stop playing, but you have killed the game for me. My ambition to load up WoT has hit an all time low, I dont ever see it recovering. 

Why?

I know even if you added a new Arty TT line that we wouldnt see any additional Artillery lines or premiums to keep things fresh for another long long time.

"World of Tanks Mercenaries". I was excited about the possibility of a few Arty tanks coming out of the Merc contracts but thats a dead end. Apparently your dev team doesnt have big enough balls to take the kick from the community for promoting Arty play by creating a contract that requires playing Arty. (This has been stated on live streams numerous times that they dont ever see a merc Arty coming because of the exact reason above.)

You have utterly failed me as a consumer, and every other Arty lover out there.

-Juke

Even though I usually prefer not to play arty, I agree. For many it is the only class they can play with comfort, and not having any new content must be boring.

Jope2209 #78 Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:24 AM

Major

• Players
  • 33836 battles

There's no potential in expanding arty lines in game, it's already overextended as it is. Plus, we already have at least one premium arty per faction (UK has two).

Actualy, Soviets don't have premium arty, so I guess there is a potential for one reskin in that department, but other than that, arty is depleted source.

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, M7, T-50

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

Juke Ninja #79 Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29436 battles

View PostJope2209, on 15 January 2019 - 11:24 AM, said:

There's no potential in expanding arty lines in game, it's already overextended as it is. Plus, we already have at least one premium arty per faction (UK has two).

Actualy, Soviets don't have premium arty, so I guess there is a potential for one reskin in that department, but other than that, arty is depleted source.

You never seen Joco's Arty ideas? 

You're misinformed.

"We already have 1 premium Arty per faction" seriously man? 

What guidelines are you thinking the game follows by that standard? Therees like what? 20 Russian heavy premiums alone AT TIER 8.

Get a clue or stop the glue.

Ronin Gaidin #80 Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:27 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35278 battles

View PostJope2209, on 15 January 2019 - 06:24 AM, said:

Actually, Soviets don't have premium arty, so I guess there is a potential for one reskin in that department, but other than that, arty is depleted source.

Three are two Sexton's (US,UK), the FV305, The French Tier V ("Lefty"), and.....     end of list. None for the Soviets OR Germany. Nor any other nation that does not have a full Arty line (would be interesting to have a one-off arty for nations that have none - unlike PC, we don't need to match crew layouts or classes so they could just be stand-alone).  I don't know that I would consider that an overextended area with no potential for expansion. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users