Jump to content


Any News on Cross Platform Play?


  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

suicidalblues #21 Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:48 PM

    Captain

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 40398 battles
  • 1,694
  • [WOFT]
  • Member since:
    03-02-2016

View PostXERXEZS, on 15 January 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

^^

Let us play vs pc.

 

Never happen with the 360 still in play. Not only would they have to rebalance all the tanks, they'd have to redo most of our maps. Even though we share basic themes and map names, console maps are typically very different. PC maps are larger and generally more complex. 

 

Oh, and the bushes. Lots of foliage in the PC version. 360 can't handle what the current systems have, it'd start a house fire trying to run updated PC maps.



Thee Turtle God #22 Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:50 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 41253 battles
  • 892
  • Member since:
    02-03-2014

View PostBlackjack2448, on 14 January 2019 - 04:08 PM, said:

If there is cross platform play I want it between Xbox and PS4. Having cross play with PC would give console players a huge disadvantage

 

pfffffffff nah I would love to stomp the pc community. The pc playerbase is even more incompetent than on console.

I like turtles.


Thee Turtle God #23 Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:51 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 41253 battles
  • 892
  • Member since:
    02-03-2014

PS and Xbox cross-play would definitely resuscitate the game, or at least bring the small communities together to make a, erm, medium community.

I am for it.


I like turtles.


T-Bear420 #24 Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:51 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 40793 battles
  • 335
  • Member since:
    02-01-2016
Everyone is forgetting the one major truth!  Money!!! The issue being, if someone on Xbox gifts someone on Playstation a tank, Playstation doesn't make any money.  Also the same if it's reversed, then Microsoft won't make money. They have to hash out everything on the micro-transactions before they will go forward with anything.

TemplarKnight75 #25 Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:01 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20500 battles
  • 3,809
  • [OJD]
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

View PostT-Bear420, on 15 January 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

Everyone is forgetting the one major truth! Money!!! The issue being, if someone on Xbox gifts someone on Playstation a tank, Playstation doesn't make any money. Also the same if it's reversed, then Microsoft won't make money. They have to hash out everything on the micro-transactions before they will go forward with anything.

 

they actually don't microtransactions are still handled console side as is gifting between accounts that won't change of cross play happens all it means is players can all play on the same server that's it. Everything else is still handled on the platform holder's servers in terms of money changing hands 

Pit Friend #26 Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:56 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 32339 battles
  • 17,587
  • [PTATO]
  • Member since:
    07-14-2014

View PostXERXEZS, on 15 January 2019 - 08:24 AM, said:

^^

Let us play vs pc.

 

It can never happen. The games have too many differences between them. 

I asked an EOD man how he dealt with the stress of his job. 

 

He said he didn’t have any stress. Either he was right or else it became someone else’s problem. 


HAIR OOH INN #27 Posted 03 March 2019 - 07:52 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 17915 battles
  • 2,038
  • [XRAN]
  • Member since:
    08-07-2013
So is ps4 and xb1 cross yet or no ?

NOW RECRUITING, MSG 4 DETAILS <------------

Pit Friend #28 Posted 03 March 2019 - 10:06 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 32339 battles
  • 17,587
  • [PTATO]
  • Member since:
    07-14-2014

View PostDOPAMINE DRIP 0, on 03 March 2019 - 02:52 PM, said:

So is ps4 and xb1 cross yet or no ?

 

In house yes.  To the public no because Sony. 


I asked an EOD man how he dealt with the stress of his job. 

 

He said he didn’t have any stress. Either he was right or else it became someone else’s problem. 


Blakenstein131 #29 Posted 04 March 2019 - 08:22 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10271 battles
  • 203
  • [BWCOY]
  • Member since:
    01-09-2016

Yup crossplay for sure should be added to WOT and I would say progression also. It’s the way ahead for all online games now, WGN should be lobbying hard to make this happen.

 

Epic games lit the torch and all should be following now. I believe HiRez studios is also doing it for Paladins so that’s another games maker to add to the list.

 

Don’t see why crossplay and progression couldn’t happen with the PC community also, just handle it the same way Fortnite does.



ProPAINdelivery #30 Posted 17 March 2019 - 02:05 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10956 battles
  • 165
  • [B0NE]
  • Member since:
    12-29-2016
From what I understand. Pc, xbox, and ps4 all perform different due to hardware. Some would dominate others because of being faster stronger processors, hard drives, etc

Tempest fox3 #31 Posted 17 March 2019 - 02:35 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 19694 battles
  • 16,785
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View Postsuicidalblues, on 15 January 2019 - 06:48 PM, said:

 

Never happen with the 360 still in play. Not only would they have to rebalance all the tanks, they'd have to redo most of our maps. Even though we share basic themes and map names, console maps are typically very different. PC maps are larger and generally more complex. 

 

Oh, and the bushes. Lots of foliage in the PC version. 360 can't handle what the current systems have, it'd start a house fire trying to run updated PC maps.

 

Console / PC cross play can't happen for WoT. WGCB has made too many "we're different" choices with regard to content and balancing for that to ever be a possibility. 


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained


Pit Friend #32 Posted 17 March 2019 - 03:58 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 32339 battles
  • 17,587
  • [PTATO]
  • Member since:
    07-14-2014

View PostTempest fox3, on 17 March 2019 - 09:35 AM, said:

 

Console / PC cross play can't happen for WoT. WGCB has made too many "we're different" choices with regard to content and balancing for that to ever be a possibility. 

 

This is a good thing. PC games always have an advantage over consoles because of mods and outright cheats available, not to mention mouse and keyboard controls. 

I asked an EOD man how he dealt with the stress of his job. 

 

He said he didn’t have any stress. Either he was right or else it became someone else’s problem. 


RAGNAR0K N ROLL #33 Posted 17 March 2019 - 04:05 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 18939 battles
  • 10,731
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2013

I’m curious as to what the benefit sales-wise of a given Console is with regards to cross platform support. I doubt seriously most if any of these games are system movers. Can’t really say i have heard of anyone buying an Xbox or PS4 to play WoT or fortnight with their buddies.

 

Really if anything the fact they would see revenue from added gold sales and other marketplace items would probably be about the only real benefit for Sony. With regards to progression my understanding at least in WoT is that all Gold purchases are policed by PSN/MS and not direct by WG so that may be the single biggest hurdle aside from Sony being butts of course.

 

 


The Warrior of The Wasteland...The Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla....

 


Tempest fox3 #34 Posted 17 March 2019 - 06:55 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 19694 battles
  • 16,785
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostPit Friend, on 17 March 2019 - 03:58 PM, said:

 

This is a good thing. PC games always have an advantage over consoles because of mods and outright cheats available, not to mention mouse and keyboard controls. 

 

Mouse and keyboard is only an advantage in strategy games or reaction speed based shooters. WoT is neither. 

 

But I agree with the mods point, there are quite a lot of cheaty mods on pc that I'm glad we don't have to worry about. 


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained


Blossomy_Hippo #35 Posted 17 March 2019 - 07:11 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 6889 battles
  • 501
  • [ALPI]
  • Member since:
    12-10-2015

View PostBlackjack2448, on 14 January 2019 - 08:08 PM, said:

If there is cross platform play I want it between Xbox and PS4. Having cross play with PC would give console players a huge disadvantage

 

You can't crossplay with PC anyway, we have a different game.

*PS4 Stats*

 

 

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users