Spotting Assistance Bug

Spotting assisted damage scout light tank mark of excellence

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

RF YIN #1 Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:25 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 13537 battles
Okay so i’ve come across an issue with the spotting mechanics and whether it is common i don’t know, so during games i will spot a vehicle FIRST and they will get hit 5 times for example and i will only receive 2 of these penetrations as assisted damage, i even watched games back and it’s blatant penetrations but no damage assistance is awarded, a fix needs to take place as it is especially annoying in Light Tanks... not being able to put as much combined damage as i should be since Lights rent really renown for their firepower 

DwarfOnDrugs #2 Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28803 battles
  • [-UNL-]

Clip please :)

(And yes i do need a new banner i can't be bothered to change it yet)

https://www.youtube....GOV0Ca_kQVSX2-w

Ptracki #3 Posted 20 January 2019 - 05:14 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 47447 battles
  • [-NS-]

The player who makes the initial spot on an enemy tank isnt whats important.

Whats important when it comes to receiving spotting damage is having an enemy spotted whilst they are outside of the view range of the teammates that are damaging your spotted tank(s).

If you arent receiving any spotting assist damage its mainly because the teammates doing the damage are also within spotting distance of the tank youre spotting. Also teammates that can give you spotted assist sometimes exclusively do track damage, view port damage, etc without an actual penetration and this will give you a 'spotted target hit' ribbon - but no actual assisted damage.

Also take into account the fact that if you and somebody else on your team both have a tank spotted that gets hit by teammates sitting back far enough; youre sharing the spotted damage equally between the 2 of you. So if you and 6 other people have the same tank spotted at the same time and arty hits that tank; the damage the arty hits for will be split 7 ways, so remember this if youre wondering why you only got 200 assisted damage when you saw the enemy get hit for 1400.

RF YIN #4 Posted 20 January 2019 - 09:15 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 13537 battles

View PostPtracki, on 20 January 2019 - 05:14 PM, said:

The player who makes the initial spot on an enemy tank isnt whats important.

Whats important when it comes to receiving spotting damage is having an enemy spotted whilst they are outside of the view range of the teammates that are damaging your spotted tank(s).

If you arent receiving any spotting assist damage its mainly because the teammates doing the damage are also within spotting distance of the tank youre spotting. Also teammates that can give you spotted assist sometimes exclusively do track damage, view port damage, etc without an actual penetration and this will give you a 'spotted target hit' ribbon - but no actual assisted damage.

Also take into account the fact that if you and somebody else on your team both have a tank spotted that gets hit by teammates sitting back far enough; youre sharing the spotted damage equally between the 2 of you. So if you and 6 other people have the same tank spotted at the same time and arty hits that tank; the damage the arty hits for will be split 7 ways, so remember this if youre wondering why you only got 200 assisted damage when you saw the enemy get hit for 1400.

oh don’t get me wrong i’ve been playing for 5 years i one exactly how the mechanics work,  in referring to outright not being awarded assistance when i’m the only tank spotting and artillery hits but no assistance, i’m also aware of the no damage but assistance that isn’t the issue 

RF YIN #5 Posted 20 January 2019 - 09:23 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 13537 battles

View PostDwarfOnDrugs, on 20 January 2019 - 04:47 PM, said:

Clip please :)

i’m not sure how i’d get a clip to you but for example i’m playing in SpyGlass and i’m the only talk on the hill i spot 8 tanks and there’s 3 arty, they all land hits and do about 3000 combined roughly and i received 624 damage which was the last round to hit a tank... consistently i’m spotting vehicles that aren’t in anyone’s view range but in render range, especially arty and i’ll get no damage on the board‍♂whether this is ping related or just a bug idk but with the new replay update there’s evidence definitely 

DwarfOnDrugs #6 Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28803 battles
  • [-UNL-]

View PostRF YIN, on 20 January 2019 - 09:23 PM, said:

i’m not sure how i’d get a clip to you but for example i’m playing in SpyGlass and i’m the only talk on the hill i spot 8 tanks and there’s 3 arty, they all land hits and do about 3000 combined roughly and i received 624 damage which was the last round to hit a tank... consistently i’m spotting vehicles that aren’t in anyone’s view range but in render range, especially arty and i’ll get no damage on the board‍♂whether this is ping related or just a bug idk but with the new replay update there’s evidence definitely 

xbox or ps4?

(And yes i do need a new banner i can't be bothered to change it yet)

https://www.youtube....GOV0Ca_kQVSX2-w

RF YIN #7 Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:49 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 13537 battles
xbox

Steel Wolf 31 #8 Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:12 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 17292 battles
  • [VGC]

View PostRF YIN, on 21 January 2019 - 05:49 PM, said:

xbox

Next time the issue occurs use your DVR to record it. Then you can post a link to your clip using sites like xboxclips or you can use the Xbox YouTube app to upload the clip and embed it directly on the thread. 

What ever tactic you use is legit, but if the emey does it then its a cheap unfair OP noob tactic. 

http://www.wotinfo.n...687&server=xbox

Floorboss #9 Posted 26 January 2019 - 11:17 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15413 battles
  • [TKIA]
This is one of many problems on wot console. It happens to me also and other friends I have.

Also tagged with Spotting, assisted, damage, scout, light, tank, mark, of, excellence

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users