What are the exact requirements for the Senior Technical Engineer award?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

DaduAndTheMoose #1 Posted 24 January 2019 - 12:55 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41034 battles

Apologies for the dumb question, but it makes a difference in what I do.

Things I understand

- Research every TT tank in the game (premiums don't count and neither do Mercenaries

- Played at least one game in every Tier X tank in (multiplayer I assume)

Clearly if you have played in a tank, you have owned it. Where my I need my clarification though is, do I need to SIMULTANEOUSLY own all of the Tier Xs in my garage when War Gaming runs their database query, or can I have sold some? So to reword the question, If I have played all 49 (?) Tier X tanks at one point and but do not have all tanks in my garage at this moment, do I still qualify for the coin?

My personal case is as follows. I'm SO close to having researched all of the 10s. All except 5 lines are complete, and the new French Heavies and the Polish tank Tier 9s are on maybe 1/4 of the way through XP wise. I own a majority of the 10s, but I'd need maybe 90,000,000 to purchase everything and have all of the tier Xs simultaneously.

Now, hearing that the Italian line is coming in the first quarter has set me to panic a bit because I want to FINISH before they come out and I'll have to start from scratch on another line. And as I'm closing in on that, BOOM out will come the Czech amphibious artillery line, and then the Canadian maple powered tank destroyer line (all in sticky blueprints). I just want to know if I have to sell all my premiums and vertical stabilizers to qualify.

Thanks for the help.

If we don't understand our tactics, how could the enemy hope to?

- Random Internet Person

YouMadBro413 #2 Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:24 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 34282 battles
I was in a similar situation last year I had all the tier 10 TT tanks except one, which I was grinding when they released the new tier 10 lights which reset all my sr tech medals. So I had to grind all those to get my sr tech medals back. At the time the requirement was that you had to research, owned and played a game in each tier 10 TT tank. You do not have to own all the tier 10 simultaneously. At the time i had sold many of the tier 10 tanks because I just didnt play them much (mostly arty). I received my commemorative coin and free premium tank which was really nice (thanks WG).

Gallant Prime #3 Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:52 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 41051 battles
  • [47R]

Have you looked here?

Per RaiBOT01:  (to receive the coin and free premium)

The requirements are: You must research, own, and played in all Tier X tech-tree tanks (Mercenary Tanks do not count towards this achievement)

I believe she has indicated the next cut off data gather date will be end of February.  (Which I would then guess Italian tanks would come in March)

DaduAndTheMoose #4 Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:05 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41034 battles

Thank you both.  I had read the page you referred tom, I guess I had gotten some contradictory information about having all the tanks in the garage.  Just need to finish then before the end of February. Very doable I think.

Thanks again.

If we don't understand our tactics, how could the enemy hope to?

- Random Internet Person

Gallant Prime #5 Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:24 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 41051 battles
  • [47R]

View PostDaduAndTheMoose, on 23 January 2019 - 11:05 PM, said:

Thank you both.  I had read the page you referred tom, I guess I had gotten some contradictory information about having all the tanks in the garage.  Just need to finish then before the end of February. Very doable I think.

Thanks again.

Also, I have been told that they just need to be played--in any game mode.  So War Stories and the other game modes count as well, which is helpful if you don't want to bother equipping the tank.  I myself am working on about 10 lines--most at tier 8, 9, so while I had hoped to finish soon, not sure I will make the date before Italians come.  

Ronin Gaidin #6 Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:11 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 31818 battles

I'm in a very similar situation. Only two lines to finish (New French heavies that will be Tier IX tonight, and the Tier IX Polish that is over halfway to the X). And while I have been buying up a bunch of the Tier X's when they are on sale, I'd still need 122 million silver to buy the ones I do not have at full price, or about 85 million if I lucked into a 30% off sale. Have a bit over 40 million in the bank right now. Ideally I would want to just own all of them at the same time. Suppose I could buy some, play them once, then sell them and re-use the funds to buy the next one down the line. Would blow a ton of Silver in the process, but would get it done. 

View PostGallant Prime, on 24 January 2019 - 12:24 AM, said:

Also, I have been told that they just need to be played--in any game mode.  So War Stories and the other game modes count as well, which is helpful if you don't want to bother equipping the tank. 

This is very interesting, and I wouldn't mind some Official confirmation of that. Getting all of these Tier X's actually Battle Ready would cost a fortune in both Silver and Time. But buy it, run LFE, sell it, repeat sounds a lot quicker. Method has a hefty Silver cost, but would be quick and effective. 

Suppose I could always sell some equipment/tanks. I have a couple hundred tanks in the garage which are all fully equipped. Think I still have about 40 Battle Ready Tier IX's. Just hate to let any of them go. 

First things first, gotta finish out the remaining lines and hit the Ranked Battles this weekend to see how much Silver I can pull in. :coin:  That and hope that Winter Bravo is as lucrative as Winter Alpha was. 

Proper Villain #7 Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 55348 battles

View PostDaduAndTheMoose, on 23 January 2019 - 07:55 PM, said:

Apologies for the dumb question, but it makes a difference in what I do.

Things I understand

- Research every TT tank in the game (premiums don't count and neither do Mercenaries

- Played at least one game in every Tier X tank in (multiplayer I assume)

Clearly if you have played in a tank, you have owned it. Where my I need my clarification though is, do I need to SIMULTANEOUSLY own all of the Tier Xs in my garage when War Gaming runs their database query, or can I have sold some? So to reword the question, If I have played all 49 (?) Tier X tanks at one point and but do not have all tanks in my garage at this moment, do I still qualify for the coin?

My personal case is as follows. I'm SO close to having researched all of the 10s. All except 5 lines are complete, and the new French Heavies and the Polish tank Tier 9s are on maybe 1/4 of the way through XP wise. I own a majority of the 10s, but I'd need maybe 90,000,000 to purchase everything and have all of the tier Xs simultaneously.

Now, hearing that the Italian line is coming in the first quarter has set me to panic a bit because I want to FINISH before they come out and I'll have to start from scratch on another line. And as I'm closing in on that, BOOM out will come the Czech amphibious artillery line, and then the Canadian maple powered tank destroyer line (all in sticky blueprints). I just want to know if I have to sell all my premiums and vertical stabilizers to qualify.

Thanks for the help.

I currently have the STE (01/24/2019) (profile) and I do not own all of the Tier X tanks nor have I ever owned all of the Tier X tanks and thus have never played all of the Tier X tanks. You can confirm the facts that I have the STE and have not played all of the Tier X tanks by checking my profile. You have to take my word that I have never owned all of the Tier X tanks, but I do have 20 or more of them in my garage that I have not played yet. I took advantage of the November Tier X 30% off sale.

Ronin Gaidin #8 Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:04 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 31818 battles

View PostProper Villain, on 24 January 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

I currently have the STE (01/24/2019) (profile) and I do not own all of the Tier X tanks nor have I ever owned all of the Tier X tanks and thus have never played all of the Tier X tanks. You can confirm the facts that I have the STE and have not played all of the Tier X tanks by checking my profile. You have to take my word that I have never owned all of the Tier X tanks, but I do have 20 or more of them in my garage that I have not played yet. I took advantage of the November Tier X 30% off sale.

I think that the OP is more concerned with getting the Real World physical Medal and Free Premium Tank that WG award to periodically to people that have STE and apparently proof to go with it. Which apparently (inexplicably) has a more strict set of requirements. 

To quote RaiBOT01 again from the link provided earlier in this thread by Gallant Prime, I would add the previous line of her post to make this more clear:

"Time to once more celebrate the achievements of our Senior Technical Engineers with an incredible and ultra rare commemorative coin AND a special Premium tank Gift for each!

The requirements are: You must research, own, and played in all Tier X tech-tree tanks (Mercenary Tanks do not count towards this achievement)"

Proper Villain #9 Posted 25 January 2019 - 03:41 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 55348 battles

View PostRonin Gaidin, on 24 January 2019 - 03:04 PM, said:

I think that the OP is more concerned with getting the Real World physical Medal and Free Premium Tank that WG award to periodically to people that have STE and apparently proof to go with it. Which apparently (inexplicably) has a more strict set of requirements. 

To quote RaiBOT01 again from the link provided earlier in this thread by Gallant Prime, I would add the previous line of her post to make this more clear:

"Time to once more celebrate the achievements of our Senior Technical Engineers with an incredible and ultra rare commemorative coin AND a special Premium tank Gift for each!

The requirements are: You must research, own, and played in all Tier X tech-tree tanks (Mercenary Tanks do not count towards this achievement)"

OK lets say the OP is asking about people getting the coin and free tank. I am in a rare group as my name is on the coin list, but I have not requested the coin or a free tank. Part of the reason is tank creep.

Of all of the threads in these forums, these threads about STE and the coin  have to be the most debated after Arty. I should ask for the coin and tank while still not owning all of the Tier X tanks and see what happens. Will have to wait for the next request window.

Edited by Proper Villain, 25 January 2019 - 03:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users