Jump to content


What happened here?


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Kaizer Billy #1 Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:31 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 8552 battles
  • 904
  • [CNUT]
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013

So I had a really stupid moment yesterday, I had to leave for a couple of minutes at the start of a game, came back to see the enemies lit up and advancing rather quickly so I panic fired and went to what I thought was a safe position. Then tried to hide myself somewhere safe, anyway the whole thing was an absolute mess on my behalf but I'm almost certain when I slide down the ledge both my tracks land safely on the ground without me taking damage then it looks like I ram into the rock and explode. Can anyone see anything different?

 

https://xboxdvr.com/.../video/67976148


1st MoE's: Obj 430 II ~ Type 59 (RIP) ~ AMX 13 75 ~ M6 ~ T29 ~ Pz.IV H ~ Tiger II ~ E75 ~ AT7 ~ Lycan ~Pz. V/IV ~ T37 ~ M41 Bulldog ~ IS ~ Batchat AP ~ Knight

2nd MoE's: Pz IV H

 

Derp tanks are love, Derp tanks are life


zZGROGZz #2 Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:37 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 19028 battles
  • 2,817
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014
Rock collision killed you. It’s been a thing for a while.

!KING OF THE POTATO SKRUBLORDS!


Kaizer Billy #3 Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:40 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 8552 battles
  • 904
  • [CNUT]
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013

View PostzZGROGZz, on 24 January 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

Rock collision killed you. It’s been a thing for a while.

 

Wow thanks mate, didn't even realise that was a thing! Is there certain parameters that cause it to happen? I've rammed into plenty of rocks before and this hasn't happened.

Edited by Kaizer Billy, 24 January 2019 - 09:41 AM.

1st MoE's: Obj 430 II ~ Type 59 (RIP) ~ AMX 13 75 ~ M6 ~ T29 ~ Pz.IV H ~ Tiger II ~ E75 ~ AT7 ~ Lycan ~Pz. V/IV ~ T37 ~ M41 Bulldog ~ IS ~ Batchat AP ~ Knight

2nd MoE's: Pz IV H

 

Derp tanks are love, Derp tanks are life


RadiantPup27709 #4 Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:50 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 26887 battles
  • 6,273
  • Member since:
    02-06-2014

It has something to do when you're sliding down those steep slopes that make your tank lose control and/or if your tracks were off the ground.

I believe if you do either of those you're susceptible to impact damage.



MASHMAN 90 #5 Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:53 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 35649 battles
  • 12,036
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

View PostKaizer Billy, on 24 January 2019 - 09:40 AM, said:

 

Wow thanks mate, didn't even realise that was a thing! Is there certain parameters that cause it to happen? I've rammed into plenty of rocks before and this hasn't happened.

 

Once in a Light Tank, i got killed by a Pebble back on the 360 years ago on Sand River. I was facing forward, did a jump, landed on a Pebble and died. I couldn't record it obviously (or i would) as it was on the Xbox 360 back in the day. I stress it was on the 360 as will be people who will say "Pics or it didn't happen" but Xbox 360 doesn't offer anything to record with unlike the XB1.

i generally post more News on Twitter these days but "may" post on Forum from time to time on my Future Vehicles Thread

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/205056-future-update-vehicle-changes/ 

 

Disclaimer Below: Read the Spoiler, If you don't and assume i'm 100% Truthful then it's not my problem.


Kaizer Billy #6 Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:15 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 8552 battles
  • 904
  • [CNUT]
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013

View PostRadiantPup27709, on 24 January 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

It has something to do when you're sliding down those steep slopes that make your tank lose control and/or if your tracks were off the ground.

I believe if you do either of those you're susceptible to impact damage.

 

Ah I think I see what you mean, there's a period where your susceptible to impact damage after your tracks have left the ground and you've landed?

 

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 24 January 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

 

Once in a Light Tank, i got killed by a Pebble back on the 360 years ago on Sand River. I was facing forward, did a jump, landed on a Pebble and died. I couldn't record it obviously (or i would) as it was on the Xbox 360 back in the day. I stress it was on the 360 as will be people who will say "Pics or it didn't happen" but Xbox 360 doesn't offer anything to record with unlike the XB1.

 

Hahaha those damn murderous pebbles! I believe you mate, it sounds like textbook derpy WoT physics to me :teethhappy:.

1st MoE's: Obj 430 II ~ Type 59 (RIP) ~ AMX 13 75 ~ M6 ~ T29 ~ Pz.IV H ~ Tiger II ~ E75 ~ AT7 ~ Lycan ~Pz. V/IV ~ T37 ~ M41 Bulldog ~ IS ~ Batchat AP ~ Knight

2nd MoE's: Pz IV H

 

Derp tanks are love, Derp tanks are life


RadiantPup27709 #7 Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:24 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 26887 battles
  • 6,273
  • Member since:
    02-06-2014
It's hard for me to explain, but you know when your tank starts sliding and there's a loss of control when you're on too much of an incline, or get on top of rocks? I believe you are susceptible to impact damage when you are sliding. I think that's what got you here, because I've never taken damage from an environment impact unless I was sliding down a slope or I had gotten air.


Kaizer Billy #8 Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:38 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 8552 battles
  • 904
  • [CNUT]
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013

View PostRadiantPup27709, on 24 January 2019 - 10:24 AM, said:

It's hard for me to explain, but you know when your tank starts sliding and there's a loss of control when you're on too much of an incline, or get on top of rocks? I believe you are susceptible to impact damage when you are sliding. I think that's what got you here, because I've never taken damage from an environment impact unless I was sliding down a slope or I had gotten air.

 

Ah that makes perfect sense, it was a first for me but I know to be much more cautious in future, thank you.

1st MoE's: Obj 430 II ~ Type 59 (RIP) ~ AMX 13 75 ~ M6 ~ T29 ~ Pz.IV H ~ Tiger II ~ E75 ~ AT7 ~ Lycan ~Pz. V/IV ~ T37 ~ M41 Bulldog ~ IS ~ Batchat AP ~ Knight

2nd MoE's: Pz IV H

 

Derp tanks are love, Derp tanks are life


Dyslexsticks #9 Posted 24 January 2019 - 11:32 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 34095 battles
  • 9,946
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014
Can confirm about sliding, you don't even have to hit a rock, you just have to hit a sharp enough stopping point to take damage.

Did you manage to stand my post? You might like: My Twitter (fixed!)My Xbox to YouTube Guide


Kaizer Billy #10 Posted 24 January 2019 - 11:39 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 8552 battles
  • 904
  • [CNUT]
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013

View PostDyslexsticks, on 24 January 2019 - 11:32 AM, said:

Can confirm about sliding, you don't even have to hit a rock, you just have to hit a sharp enough stopping point to take damage.

 

Cheers mate, there's always something new to learn in the game I guess, the physics are still a mystery to me!

1st MoE's: Obj 430 II ~ Type 59 (RIP) ~ AMX 13 75 ~ M6 ~ T29 ~ Pz.IV H ~ Tiger II ~ E75 ~ AT7 ~ Lycan ~Pz. V/IV ~ T37 ~ M41 Bulldog ~ IS ~ Batchat AP ~ Knight

2nd MoE's: Pz IV H

 

Derp tanks are love, Derp tanks are life


Neurotic Cell #11 Posted 24 January 2019 - 12:15 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 23125 battles
  • 7,757
  • [FLT]
  • Member since:
    12-14-2013

View PostKaizer Billy, on 24 January 2019 - 06:39 AM, said:

 

Cheers mate, there's always something new to learn in the game I guess, the physics are still a mystery to me!

 

In fairness, they’re clearly a mystery to WG as well.  :trollface:

"Win or lose, naught to choose - all men are equal when their memory fades. No one knows, friends or foes, if Valhalla lies beyond the grave." - Motörhead “Deaf Forever”


Dyslexsticks #12 Posted 24 January 2019 - 12:20 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 34095 battles
  • 9,946
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

Although physics are still...uhh, "inconsistent" sometimes...see 2:52.

 


Did you manage to stand my post? You might like: My Twitter (fixed!)My Xbox to YouTube Guide


ClichedTree990 #13 Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:36 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16470 battles
  • 740
  • Member since:
    03-23-2014

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 24 January 2019 - 03:53 AM, said:

 

Once in a Light Tank, i got killed by a Pebble back on the 360 years ago on Sand River. I was facing forward, did a jump, landed on a Pebble and died. I couldn't record it obviously (or i would) as it was on the Xbox 360 back in the day. I stress it was on the 360 as will be people who will say "Pics or it didn't happen" but Xbox 360 doesn't offer anything to record with unlike the XB1.

 

I remember that pebble. I don't believe it ever killed me but I remember on time it killed most of my crew and damaged a bunch of modules. I just sat there trying to figure out what happened


CattMeister #14 Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:41 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 6176 battles
  • 282
  • Member since:
    07-01-2017
I actually once got murdered by a tree, or atleast I'm pretty sure it was a tree....

MASHMAN 90 #15 Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:48 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 35649 battles
  • 12,036
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

View PostClichedTree990, on 24 January 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

 

I remember that pebble. I don't believe it ever killed me but I remember on time it killed most of my crew and damaged a bunch of modules. I just sat there trying to figure out what happened

 

Yep if i remember my tank nosedived and Lower Plate hit the Pebble then i died from full health. I can't remember if my Dad was in the game but i told him after. I wasn't mad but i was half stunned, half amused that a pebble that you can find in your back garden can actually kill a tank.

i generally post more News on Twitter these days but "may" post on Forum from time to time on my Future Vehicles Thread

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/205056-future-update-vehicle-changes/ 

 

Disclaimer Below: Read the Spoiler, If you don't and assume i'm 100% Truthful then it's not my problem.


Vampire_Izumi #16 Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:50 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 25509 battles
  • 2,940
  • [LEONI]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2015

i once died going down a hill fast onto a flat rock, i think it was on Skorpion Pass, this also happened a long time ago.

 

Edit: yet i somehow survive stuff like this VVVVVVVV :D


Edited by greenteam117, 24 January 2019 - 01:51 PM.

    A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:


Kaizer Billy #17 Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:42 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 8552 battles
  • 904
  • [CNUT]
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013

View Postgreenteam117, on 24 January 2019 - 01:50 PM, said:

i once died going down a hill fast onto a flat rock, i think it was on Skorpion Pass, this also happened a long time ago.

 

Edit: yet i somehow survive stuff like this VVVVVVVV :D

 

Oh my god :teethhappy: 10/10 absolute grace

1st MoE's: Obj 430 II ~ Type 59 (RIP) ~ AMX 13 75 ~ M6 ~ T29 ~ Pz.IV H ~ Tiger II ~ E75 ~ AT7 ~ Lycan ~Pz. V/IV ~ T37 ~ M41 Bulldog ~ IS ~ Batchat AP ~ Knight

2nd MoE's: Pz IV H

 

Derp tanks are love, Derp tanks are life





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users