Black tanks

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

VAlPULU #1 Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:34 AM

Private

• Players
  • 15483 battles
  • [RETRO]

When wargaming told me these tanks wouldn't be sold again I believed them. I even did some odd jobs to make sure I could afford these tanks, and now here they are again.

I think what irks me the most is that every time people asked for the black tanks back, we all got a speech about integrity and player trust. That means deep down you know that this is a shady move, but powers on high wanted the money more than the community.

The emblem feels like a consolation prize, the first thing I did was deck out my tanks with emblems and inscriptions. Now I feel that you've handed me another one that labels me as a sucker.

Your word is your bond and you have broken it. I know I'm not the only player to have their trust broken by your actions, I hope you find a way to make this right.

Vampire_Izumi #2 Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:50 AM

Major

• Players
  • 25473 battles
  • [LEONI]
well, atleast players that came after they were sold are now able to get one. (imagine if you really wanted a tank, but it was never sold again and you never had a chance to buy one.)

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:

KY PRO 2008 #3 Posted 08 February 2019 - 05:08 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 42534 battles
I feel the same about the t23e3 i bought in the 1st founders pack

Kaboost #4 Posted 08 February 2019 - 07:38 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 14967 battles
  • [JOCO]

They shouldn’t have the 100 year emblems on them but WG has done this a few times.

The two founder tanks were supposed to be never sold again and yet it seems like everyone has the PZ V/IV.

The Hydrostat was originally sold for $50 and was marketed as a super rare tank that would rarely ever be sold and that was their reasoning for the stupid high price. Now anyone can buy it from the premium tech tree for less than $15.

I’m sure there are other examples but they’ve shown a few times now that they’ll just say whatever they want to get a sale.

Edited by Kaboost, 08 February 2019 - 07:39 AM.

Lights tanks need rebalanced(again)

​Update 4.2 and 4.6 were terrible

SGT Rock 1963 #5 Posted 08 February 2019 - 07:38 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 12844 battles
  • [JOCO]
Without tanks being bought and sold, You wouldn't even be able to play. Be glad they were offered, And that people cared enough, About this game to support it. Tanks like the T23e3's,T34-88's and 5/4's wouldn't even exist. Quite possibly not even the game.

SGT_Rock_1963   On mixer, Leave a follow. 

VAlPULU #6 Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:30 PM

Private

• Players
  • 15483 battles
  • [RETRO]

I have a hard time swallowing the whole "they need money to make the game" argument. Firstly, they upcharged the tank for the initial buyers and we paid it out so they made their money on these tanks already. Second making money by lying to your customers isn't a good long term bussiness plan.

The next point I see made is "what about tank collectors, or new adopters", this angle is slightly less bitter, but I felt the black tanks(or even the founders tanks) were special because you had to have been one of the longest standing players to have them. So in the end, they're punching their oldest most dedicated players, in order to pat the new guys.

deadman1921 #7 Posted 09 February 2019 - 03:07 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 26698 battles
  • [-STO-]
It’s done. No use crying over spilled milk.

Soldiers of the One/ #GlenIsOurs

Also tagged with Black tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users