• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

IRON LORD MINK #1 Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26901 battles
  • [TTDB]

Intro

At risk of making this a Generic Forum post the following will be a bunch of Suggestions I would love to see implemented as I feel it would greatly improve the overall health of the game. As a Player that has probably spent way to much on this game in the last 5 years since I have been playing. And Still thoroughly enjoy it. I only want the best for this game and its Community so If you have any Other points you guys would like to make please make it below. Any counter points or disagreements to these suggestions I would like to see these as well. But I only have Request. Please Can this be kept as Civil as possible. 

So Lets begin now thats out the Way.........

monetization

As a F2P game monetization is important to its Success to ensure that Continued development can be undertaken and that WG can keep the lights on. And while I have no issues with the current monetization plan. With a Largely PAY to Progress System. I however want to avoid the Pay to Win Aspects of other F2P games. with the introduction of tanks like the Object 252U and tanks Like the Panzer V/IV I do feel that WoT is slowly moving in this Direction. While this is not as evident as WoT on PC with many Premiums being Released with Nerfs Compared to the PC version this is still something I want to avoid at all costs. And With Premium Ammo being very wide Spread due to the current matchmaking Spread. It seems as if a requirement to play this game and remain competitive is to own premium Time and a Preimum tank to farm credits to fund the use of Premium ammo in game which is also an issue (This Is something I will talk about in the game balance Segment).

Also in terms of monetization I do also Feel that Warchests are also an issue as while they are optional to Purchase.  I feel on a Moral Level these are very harmful to the game not just because it allows Players to Spend absurd amounts of money on the game in the hope of getting a Rare Premium which normally costs around £35 - £45. This is Especially bad if Tanks that are considered P2W like the V/IV are a Potential reward. But at the Same time it also Exploits People with addictive tendencies with this proposition when there is no garentee that the player will get what they wanted even after Spending £300. This Can Create a massive amount of discontent around the game as Players dont get what they want and feel scammed meanwhile some one can Spend £2 and end up with an Obj 252U. 

While WG is deffintly better than other Companies that will remain un-named. By Regulating the Release of Warchests and Providing Info on the Drop Rates on Rewards I do feel that Warchests for purchase do need to be removed. Making them Unlockable only.

Further more alternative monetization streams should be looked into Like Releasing Separate Skins for TT vehicles which can be Purchased and then applied to tanks Via a Special Camo Option. and Have the Skins Vary on Cost depending if they have other characteristics like if they earn additional crew XP , Tank XP , credits or Free exp. Allowing Players to Create Psudo Premiums (much like the Talisman in Warthunder) 

As this will not only benefit the player by granting additional Customization but it is also more justifiable than war chests especially with Recent Events like Beligum Cracking down on Lootboxes. this would be a more Sustainable system that can be available across all markets.

Balance 

Another Controversial issue, Tank Balance is key to an enjoyable experience in WoT. But it Seems at the moment. To much emphasis is placed on adding Heavy Tanks with near un-penable armour into the game. which only adds to the problem of premium ammunition Spam Especially in your in a -2 Tier Game. Because Lets Face it a Tiger 2 isn't gonna have a great time in a Tier X game where it is required to face a Hull Down Maus which has near Double the Hit points  3000 vs 1700 and 50% more damage 490 vs 320. If The Tiger 2 is forced into a Slugging match on a Map like Kerelia or Panama for example it has no chance to do dammage with AP unless it has Side or Rear Shots and the APCR at 285 pen while an Improvement and actually really good compared to other Tier 8s is still going to struggle against the Turret cheeks of a Maus. With the potential of - 25% RNG on Penetration.

As Such i feel two things should be Done to improve Game balance.

+2 -2 matchmaking should be either changed to a +1 -1 Spread or a new Matchmaking System Similar to 3/5/7 from PC should be introduced with the necessary changes to ensure that if a Player finds themselves bottom tier for instance 3 times in a row they should automatically be top tier in the following battle. This should be done to ensure that a Player is Top/bottom tier on 25% of Occasions and mid Tier 50% of the time. 

For Tier 10 this would work as Top tier with Tier 8s in 25% of battles and Should be in Tier 10 only 25% and top tier with Tier 9s and no tier 8s in 50% of battles 

+ 1 -1 Would most likely be an easier fix and this would be preferred as this will ensure players do not get frustrated by ending up in unwinnable situations or wasting credits on Premium ammo with limited effectiveness especially with the Corridor Meta.

Further more Weak spots need to be more widely introduced as the move from 360 to Xbox One has meant updated HD models have removed weakspots like View Ports/ machine gun ports being removed as weak spots. For instance the KV-1 in the past had a machine gun port weakspot at 64mm of Effective armour thickness Pre-HD / Post HD this weakspot was removed making the entire Upper-plate 75mm. 

These changes have effected a number of tanks in the game which only make the -2 situation far worse than it needs to be.

Further more with Changes in MM Pref MM tanks like the KV-5 / IS6 Should see changes so that they fight -1 tanks with a higher likely hood and +1 with a lower likely hood

So somthing like 50% -1 battle with tier 7 and tier 8  20% plus 1 Tier 8 with Tier 9 and 30% Tier 8 only (off course this can be adjusted to what ever is deemed sutible.

Individial Tank balance should also be looked into and re-evaluated 

As I feel the current balancing system is flawed. As balancing tanks based on Winrate is not a good indication of Performance. 

for instance Previously the E-50 and E-50M were Nerfed seveerly due to high win rates. But at the same time these tanks were not the most competitive pre-nerf 

they were generally under played vs there tier 9 - 10 Counterparts and those who did play them were as a result generally higher skill. This is compared to the T54 which generally had lower win rates but was not nerfed because of this fact. Despite having the best combination of fire power mobility and Armour at its tier.

The Same can be said about the TVP - 51 and Skoda T-50 due to the Czech line being Highly unpopular generally the only players who bothered to grind this line were Generally Above average to high skill players as such I feel that is unfair to punish good players for grinding hundreds of hours of game play to get a tank only for it to be nerfed. This is more evident with The Merc tanks like the Slapjack as such I would personally balance tanks based on there Characteristics of the tank vs the tier Primarily and Secondarily on Meta data.

As there was no reason for the T-34 100 or the TVP VTU should be nerfed if anything they probably need to be buffed.

Other Changes

Artillery needs to be re-evaluated because as it stands it is probably one of the biggest turn offs in World of Tanks not because in its self Artillery is frustrating to play due to it being an RNG Slot machine but it is probably even more infuriating to fight against. The fact a Class exists in the game which as a press of a button can lob a shell from one side of the map to the other and nuke a player in one shot in the first minute of a battle is completely unjustified. As a Support class it fails in this dynamic and as its High Alpha only contributes to Arty players focusing light armored targets for easy damage and one shots and as a class to prevent camping it is unreliable as the low accuracy can lead to constant misses or Arty players punishing frontline units.

This only Slows the Pace of Game play as Heavy tanks that you would want to take the Brunt of enemy fire end up camping behind Mountains and other arty cover and Light tanks being to affraid of spotting for TDs due to Splash.

How I would Change Arty

Option 1 PCs Current Stun System (With Reduced R:O:F + Splash)

Option 2 Making Arty a Moderate DPM low alpha Damage class with No ability to deal Critical damage  with Poor Accuracy but fast aim time

Option 3 Turning arty into pure Support Class. With ability to fire Smoke Shells to conceal the battlefield and Cover Allies. the ability to fire flares to reveal unspotted enemy tanks for a short duration 5 seconds. and Reduce damage to very low levels. Increase Rate and ensure fast aim time and accuracy 

Option 4 Artillery can stay as it currently is but will loose Significant Rate of Fire in exchange for slightly enhanced Splash Radius and aimtime and Massively improved accuracy

Alternatively a collection of these ideas could be implemented to ensure Arty both has a purpose and to reduce frustration

I would also make other changes aside from this  I would Cap Arty population to 3 per battle per most with average games only having 1 arty per battle

I would also like to add new sysyems to give players a Counter to artillery. (brighter tracers for arty) and Have A ping show on the mini map for 0.5 seconds when the arty fires showing a rough location within 5 grid squares  and when the arty fires from the same spot on 3 occasions back to back have it show to the enemy arty for 3 seconds

Arty shell sound effect indicating when shell is about to land 

any way list some things you would like to see below 

and See you on the Battlefield

ACS138 #2 Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:18 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18986 battles
Interesting ideas overall, but keep +2/-2 MM.
"Be moderate in your temper, and unyielding in your principles. Or change your mind and yell about it"

PHE0NIX RIS1NG #3 Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:42 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11440 battles
  • [D7CAV]

Good thoughts and just about everything on here has been discussed recently and historically in the forum. WG does evaluate balance but they have pointed out win rate influences that. Hope great players don’t play bad tanks :medal:

PC is going to change matchmaking to where you cannot have more top tier than lower tier. The goal is basically top tier is less than half in a two tier match and 1/3 or less when three tiers are involved. I personally am a fan of that idea. Not sure there is enough players to holistically accommodate a +1/-1 system (just guess not a fact at all). I noticed OPS are now tier 3-10 so they do listen when players were quite upset about the limitations on lower tiers. 

Ive seen thirty different arty posts on here - heated discussion for sure. I love them on my team and hate them on the other. Most people could probably relate to that sentiment. Arty is by design a powerhouse.... it’s a dynamic that is frustrating but is meant to work... well... like arty. As a veteran I assure everyone the anti-arty concept is this: run out of range or find cover. I think limiting the range on all arty could be a positive change. Additionally, adding friendly fire to arty could also help as you wouldn’t be blasting an area with friendly tanks period. Fact. Arty is a long range weapon platform but for game purposes it should be the game changer when teams start crossing the midline of a map.  

IRON LORD MINK #4 Posted 09 February 2019 - 03:18 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26901 battles
  • [TTDB]

View PostACS138, on 08 February 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

Interesting ideas overall, but keep +2/-2 MM.

I personally dont mind +2/-2 but I do recognise its role in breaking balance and Premium Shell Spam.

As its impossible. To balance a tank without either making it too go against = tier and - tier enemies and to poor against + tier enemies.

I have however noticed there are brackets where by the +2 -2 system generaly Works and that the Tier 5 to 7 bracket as most tier 5s have some capacity to damage tier 7s frontally.  (Except Japanese Superheavies )

Peronally the current MM with either a Template or a Smart matchmaking system would probably be the best solution but harder to introduce than +1 -1

I more for +1 -1 personally because it would streamline balance 

As is instead. Or a tank needing to be balanced against a 5 tier spread.  -2 -1 = +1 +2 it would only need to be balaced -1 = +1 

Variety would take a small hit but since there are 500 tanks in the game I see this as a Non issue.

The only issue with +1 -1 is que times but we will only know if this a real issue if its tested.

As such to speed up mm we could introduce intelligent bots in the Tier 1 - 5 Bracket like WoT PC on the Asia server but this may have additional issues with it.

Alternatives like the current MM with a Smart ai augment which can activly evaluate if a player has faced -2 or +2 to many times and can from that point act to place a player in Top mid or bottom tier battle based on data.

Or we could just implement the current mm plan for PC and addapt it to console

IRON LORD MINK #5 Posted 09 February 2019 - 03:24 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26901 battles
  • [TTDB]

View PostC3NTURI0N PR1ME, on 08 February 2019 - 03:42 PM, said:

Good thoughts and just about everything on here has been discussed recently and historically in the forum. WG does evaluate balance but they have pointed out win rate influences that. Hope great players don’t play bad tanks :medal:

PC is going to change matchmaking to where you cannot have more top tier than lower tier. The goal is basically top tier is less than half in a two tier match and 1/3 or less when three tiers are involved. I personally am a fan of that idea. Not sure there is enough players to holistically accommodate a +1/-1 system (just guess not a fact at all). I noticed OPS are now tier 3-10 so they do listen when players were quite upset about the limitations on lower tiers. 

Ive seen thirty different arty posts on here - heated discussion for sure. I love them on my team and hate them on the other. Most people could probably relate to that sentiment. Arty is by design a powerhouse.... it’s a dynamic that is frustrating but is meant to work... well... like arty. As a veteran I assure everyone the anti-arty concept is this: run out of range or find cover. I think limiting the range on all arty could be a positive change. Additionally, adding friendly fire to arty could also help as you wouldn’t be blasting an area with friendly tanks period. Fact. Arty is a long range weapon platform but for game purposes it should be the game changer when teams start crossing the midline of a map.  

Artllery in WoT will allways be heated XD.

But yeah personally the way WoT ballaces Tanks isn't the best but I do need to commend the Devs for getting some stuff right here and ther lije not Giving the Type 5 / 4 mega derp premium HE although didnt see the Type 4 / 5 as and issue when it only had the 140mm (except premium AP pen)

Thx for your comment.  

Rusted Rails #6 Posted 09 February 2019 - 03:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11322 battles
Great topic and well presented.  We need more thinkers in this game, not marketers.

Also tagged with Fixes, Suggestions, Arty, MM, Premiums

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users