Jump to content


Choice for a first premium.


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

skittlez34 #1 Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:19 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 2107 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    03-06-2016

STA2, STRV81, panther 8.8, T95/cheif, or  the  FV4202p. My choices have some what to do with price but mostly are due to the tanks seeming to fit my play styles. Of either sniping/support (T95 aside) just looking for feed back from players who have played/owned these tanks to maybe help narrow it down. 



ClichedTree990 #2 Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:30 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16773 battles
  • 740
  • Member since:
    03-23-2014
Panther 8.8 is the best for sniping IMO


Vampire_Izumi #3 Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:30 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 27617 battles
  • 3,382
  • [LEONI]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2015

i would say you should get a Churchill III since it is one of the best crew trainers, 

but if you want a tier 8 get a Sta-2, but i would recommend getting the Black Edition which is only a little bit more but has a HUGE exp bonus compared to the regular one.

 

Edit: Sta-2 black edition is also going to go off sale in the future. (may come back though in the future)

Edit 2: you can find the Sta-2 black edition in the premium Tech Tree (it is above the US and soviet tech tree but below the Mercenary and Polish tech trees).

 


Edited by greenteam117, 11 February 2019 - 03:34 AM.

      A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:


KilroyWasHere17 #4 Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:31 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 15274 battles
  • 1,057
  • Member since:
    07-11-2015
STRV81 is my vote. A nice combo of strong turret, dpm, shell velocity, and mobility. Definitely one of my favorite premiums. Please do not torture yourself and waste your money on the T95 the huge cupola ruins the turret and I know it's called a medium but its slower then a lot of heavies. I traded mine in to get a tier 6 tank for free.

Coupdeteat #5 Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:33 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 30686 battles
  • 1,340
  • [HIRAM]
  • Member since:
    03-19-2014
I would get a few lower tiers if you like sniping and have no other premiums. The boilermaker, the hidden or stug 4, revaloraise, t28htc, may all be options worth exploring. I would stick with some lower tiers, that way maybe you can get a few and have one to ply for different nations. Welcome to the world of buying tanks. 

skittlez34 #6 Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:45 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 2107 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    03-06-2016
i have a premium in the form of my krafts panther. Im just looking to expand my collection a tad and find something i dont feel like im wasting money on since they are a bit expensive for some. So far the STA 2 and strv seem to be solid choices. Im leaning a little more to the strv i think just because of the armor

KilroyWasHere17 #7 Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:04 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 15274 battles
  • 1,057
  • Member since:
    07-11-2015

View Postskittlez34, on 10 February 2019 - 10:45 PM, said:

i have a premium in the form of my krafts panther. Im just looking to expand my collection a tad and find something i dont feel like im wasting money on since they are a bit expensive for some. So far the STA 2 and strv seem to be solid choices. Im leaning a little more to the strv i think just because of the armor

Also forgot to mention the Strv 81 has a great 10 degrees of gun depression making it easy to use the strong turret. 



LignoTestudon #8 Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:11 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 5657 battles
  • 285
  • [D7CAV]
  • Member since:
    11-08-2014
Tanks like Strv 81 and HMH Huntsman happen to have real nice gun depressions as well as other tanks that have powerful gun depressions.

Haukkis #9 Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:16 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 34544 battles
  • 3,089
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015
STA-2 is amazing tank and it has PMM.

skittlez34 #10 Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:17 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 2107 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    03-06-2016
Only bad thing now is i have to wait for them to go on sale

SirDerp-a-lot #11 Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:32 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 55960 battles
  • 8,454
  • [GER_1]
  • Member since:
    05-15-2016

As a first premium tank I would definitely go for a crew trainer. Crews take ages to acquire skills, and a good crew trainer can significantly help you with that.

 

Depending on the nations you play, these are some good options, in decreasing order:

  • AMX Chaffee (USA and France, you need to be comfortable in scouts)
  • Churchill III (USSR)
  • Pz. 38 H (Germany, highest combined crew bonus in the game)
  • T-34-88 (Germany and USSR)

 

Of the ones you listed, I can vouch for the Panther. I played it a lot recently, and it works very well.



Restless_Vermin #12 Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:57 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 38682 battles
  • 1,760
  • Member since:
    01-19-2016

View Postskittlez34, on 11 February 2019 - 03:19 AM, said:

STA2, STRV81, panther 8.8, T95/cheif, or  the  FV4202p. My choices have some what to do with price but mostly are due to the tanks seeming to fit my play styles. Of either sniping/support (T95 aside) just looking for feed back from players who have played/owned these tanks to maybe help narrow it down. 

Hmmm 2k battles? Do you really need a tier 8 premium? 

All those tanks are challenging to play but all will do a job.

Depends which nation your gonna play the most really. Personally, I would go for the STA-2 Black as the chances of it being sold again soon are slim. But the panther might be a sensible choice as it could train all your German crews. The T95 and the FV4202p are both ok tanks but better options are available (but might not be on sale at present) Atomic Centurian springs to mind



SirDerp-a-lot #13 Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:18 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 55960 battles
  • 8,454
  • [GER_1]
  • Member since:
    05-15-2016

View Posttonygillott, on 11 February 2019 - 08:57 AM, said:

Hmmm 2k battles? Do you really need a tier 8 premium?

 

Good point!

Saviour Saint #14 Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:12 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 16932 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    02-22-2014

I would say not to buy anything because you get robbed by wargaming , the reason i say this is because someone who works there as no idea how to run a game,I have well over 10 years of gaming for world of tanks 5 on pc 5 on xbox. I left pc because of the nerf crazy [edited]hole who works for war gaming and refuse to compensate the hand that feeds them.On pc the tier 5 T67 tank destroyer used to be tier8 i worked hard on levels to get to tier 10 but i was so close to getting tier 9 i was about 10k away and they dropped the T67 down from tier 8 to tier 5 and brought out the prot , i lost all my Xp and had to work up that tier from 5 yet again robbed and no compensation. Now the same thing is starting to happen again. First off we experianced players all have had a 50% debuff new players get a 50% buff this is how the muppet who works for war gaming thinks is how its going to make the game fair .next up is the fact the french premium heavy called liberty used to be a nice tank it used to have 100 mm gun but same thing yet again it got nerfed had the gun removed and put on the eglante. This i found an insult because thats a premium tank.no compensation nothing.I am going to seek legal advice from the gaming commission and do what a freind of mine did to another gaming company that did the same thing in his game. He won thousands of pounds and was given everything maxed out in his game because us gamers still have rights.

 



Saviour Saint #15 Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:19 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 16932 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    02-22-2014

View PostSaviour Saint, on 11 February 2019 - 10:12 AM, said:

I would say not to buy anything because you get robbed by wargaming , the reason i say this is because someone who works there as no idea how to run a game,I have well over 10 years of gaming for world of tanks 5 on pc 5 on xbox. I left pc because of the nerf crazy [edited]hole who works for war gaming and refuse to compensate the hand that feeds them.On pc the tier 5 T67 tank destroyer used to be tier8 i worked hard on levels to get to tier 10 but i was so close to getting tier 9 i was about 10k away and they dropped the T67 down from tier 8 to tier 5 and brought out the prot , i lost all my Xp and had to work up that tier from 5 yet again robbed and no compensation. Now the same thing is starting to happen again. First off we experianced players all have had a 50% debuff new players get a 50% buff this is how the muppet who works for war gaming thinks is how its going to make the game fair .next up is the fact the french premium heavy called liberty used to be a nice tank it used to have 100 mm gun but same thing yet again it got nerfed had the gun removed and put on the eglante. This i found an insult because thats a premium tank.no compensation nothing.I am going to seek legal advice from the gaming commission and do what a freind of mine did to another gaming company that did the same thing in his game. He won thousands of pounds and was given everything maxed out in his game because us gamers still have rights.

 

 

i don't use forums that much as you can tell but i wanted you to know the truth before you waste your money.

 



Saviour Saint #16 Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:28 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 16932 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    02-22-2014

Oh forgot to mention light tanks have had a buff up they are well and truly over powered so the balance of the game as been thrown out the window.and a vast majority of other tanks have been nerfed.

 



Tw0PaCpR0 #17 Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:11 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 5827 battles
  • 467
  • [-GRS-]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015
Just a thought, if you could test drive a premium tank from say a premium test drive garage would you? Pay 200 gold for a test drive if you like it that 200 comes off the price if you don't like it you've paid 200 but saved 12,000 for example?

"History writes our future listen to history the future will write its own.

We are gamers not players we make history" 

 search YouTube:Gemini Rogues, search Twitch:GeminiRogues . Twitter @GeminiRogues : https://twitter.com/GeminiRogues?s=09


skittlez34 #18 Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:57 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 2107 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    03-06-2016

View PostSaviour Saint, on 11 February 2019 - 10:19 AM, said:

 

i don't use forums that much as you can tell but i wanted you to know the truth before you waste your money.

 

 



skittlez34 #19 Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:58 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 2107 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    03-06-2016
Ive been playing the game on and off for a few years and wargamings pay models are what really turn me off to buying anything. Im mostly doing this currently because i want to give them a chance. But my mood fluctuates on the subject

SPNNBOX #20 Posted 04 September 2019 - 06:48 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 19412 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    08-26-2015
The Chinese type 64 is one that im def going to get,...again. (Stupidly sold it cuz i didnt know how to play it at the time.) gotta run this one like a light/TD. Now i want my Hellcat jr back. Decked out w/ scope/camo this tank should do you right. Not sure if its a cross trainer(usa/china)




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users