Jump to content


Why do bot players play scout tanks?


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

SchildMESSER #1 Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:16 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 23354 battles
  • 301
  • [NWO]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

Honestly i don´t get it , 80% of the scouts are worse than bots they drive straight into the heavy line getting deleted  after 25 sec.

I was a little bit proud for 3 making the german and french scout line but now after trying to 3mark my grille 15 and beeing dependent on my scouts, I realize 

how bad 80 % of the scouts are:(.

So how can you possibly be that bad?

You don´t have to be a genius to know that you will die if you drive in your light tank into 5 heavies.

Whats the point of staying behind your TD´s and try to snipe with your gun at 500 meters? 

Why do they have to be the 1st minute afk?

sometimes i´m tempted to spot with my grille  because on some maps it more than obvious where the enemies are hiding.

But i don´t have the cammo or mobilty to do that without getting punished.

Still not sure that those guys are no bots because you can´t be that bad it has nothing to do with experience or beeing a good or bad player,

they are just trolling it´s the same like pushing your mates out of cover or over a cliff, it´s even worse because the whole team rely on 1 scout,

so those bot´s should be banned.

 


Since we got censorship @ it´s best.

You may want to check out this 

 

 


FRlGHTKNIGHT #2 Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:31 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 9469 battles
  • 816
  • [ASYLM]
  • Member since:
    10-19-2018

If you ask them, they'll say they need spots for a contract or some such nonsense. I saw a guy die in 30 seconds last night. I said 'why would you do that, man?' He replied 'I'm doing the long haul'. I didn't even try to explain how retarded his statement was. You can't fix stupid. 

:facepalm:



SirDerp-a-lot #3 Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:52 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 52589 battles
  • 8,227
  • [GER_1]
  • Member since:
    05-15-2016

View PostFRlGHTKNIGHT, on 11 February 2019 - 10:31 AM, said:

If you ask them, they'll say they need spots for a contract or some such nonsense. I saw a guy die in 30 seconds last night. I said 'why would you do that, man?' He replied 'I'm doing the long haul'. I didn't even try to explain how retarded his statement was.

 

Is it stupid? I think the average game is 8 minutes long. With a 60 % win rate you get 4.5 wins per hour.

 

Now let's assume the yolo scout has a winrate of 40 %. He takes two minutes per game, which gets you 12 wins per hour.

 

Sadly and exceptionally, math supports the stupid.



mikkoj #4 Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:54 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 29733 battles
  • 2,198
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

View PostFRlGHTKNIGHT, on 11 February 2019 - 11:31 AM, said:

If you ask them, they'll say they need spots for a contract or some such nonsense. I saw a guy die in 30 seconds last night. I said 'why would you do that, man?' He replied 'I'm doing the long haul'. I didn't even try to explain how retarded his statement was. You can't fix stupid. 

:facepalm:

 

He is not wrong though. You need huge amount of battles for long haul. When you win under 50% of your battles to begin with you are better of doing yolo suicide. That way you can rack up battles way faster than you usually could. 

Most lights just yolo other lights, lower tier tanks or arty. When they take someone with them they are more than happy. 

Edit: exactly what korben said 


Edited by mikkoj, 11 February 2019 - 09:55 AM.

3-marks: Chaffee, PZ 5/4, VK 30.02 M, Cromwell knight, 34-88, T26E4, Churchill 3, T29, E75, conqueror, ELC, snakebite, T32  (13 tanks)

2-marks: lycan, amx chaffee, Brazilian bulldog, bulldog, T49, Ru 251, amx 13 90, WZ- 132A, Sheridan, T44, CDC, sta1, type59, M46, pta leo, t54, T1, bogatyr, kv2, hammer, is, tiger 2, löwe, kv4, m103, st1, T10, jagdpanther, e25, t28, t30,E8, gorynch (33 tanks)

Much wow, not mark hunter.


SchildMESSER #5 Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:10 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 23354 battles
  • 301
  • [NWO]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014
Anyone who do that should be banned like I said it's much worse than pushing someone out of cover you literally f... up your whole team

Since we got censorship @ it´s best.

You may want to check out this 

 

 


Jodmeister #6 Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:11 AM

    Captain

  • Supertest - Xbox One
  • 18457 battles
  • 1,239
  • [BDGR]
  • Member since:
    08-20-2013

The long haul op should be based on xp just to discourage this sort of selfish idiocy. 

 


3 MOEs - Nashorn, M36 Jackson, SU-100, S35CA, Matilda IV, Jagdpanzer IV, Archer, Wolverine, Achilles

2 MOEs - Type 58, Pzkpfw T25, WT Pz IV, JagdPanther, SU-100Y, Boilermaker, T20, IS-2, T-34-88, T25/2, Borsig, AMX AC 48, Charioteer, Plaguebringer, PzSflIVC, T67, SU-85


BoereJack #7 Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:29 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 35571 battles
  • 3,399
  • [XRM]
  • Member since:
    01-20-2016
Something to do with initial spots needed on win for contracts....

 My Youtube Channel Filled With WOT PS4 Gameplay: https://www.youtube....FnoS605ne-GYwiA

3 MARKED TANKS:

SNAKEBITE, T21, SP1C, LYCAN, T-54 LWT


movado75 #8 Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:41 AM

    Sergeant

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 28331 battles
  • 177
  • Member since:
    05-07-2016
sometimes i will run out there just to try to see where  the reds are moving and going because we have heavy tanks that just sit on base or in the back of the map like pill boxes now and the team not pushing, sadly its like that in every match pretty much now, should be asking why  are these guys are running heavys and sitting on the base all the time

HikenFly #9 Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:49 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9339 battles
  • 116
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

Somehow I could understand these yolo light drivers. When I started playing WOT I had no clue about the mechanics.

Just had fun in my Pz.Kpfw.I Ausf.C with the amazing speed. And the rule I learned quickly is "If you stop you are death".

So I had a lot of fun and as well some success driving into the enemy team, create chaos and get all the attention of the reds, while the rest of my team could take them out.

 

And if you see how quickly new players buy and play high tier tanks, they have never learned the complex and difficult role of a light tank.

The same for me, so I had choosen the Snakebite where I could continue my "no strategy" playstyle and just drive fast over the complete map, because I struggle in all other Tanks.

 

And now some 1000´s game later I become better. Far away from your 3 marking skills (Congrats.), but able to master and 1 mark most of my light tanks.

But this take a lot of effort, read the forum, watch videos, learn maps, train good crews, during the battle check the map & team all the time.

But the success, if you get a huge amount of spotting damage, clean up the rest at the end, is worth the work. 

 

I think most of the players are not willing to take this effort and/or just dont know it better. They have a fast tank, so they would like to drive fast.

So this could be a reason, but I don´t know a solution. Maybe matches which you could only join with tanks who are at least 1 marked or another qualifier?



P3NNYPACK3R #10 Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:54 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14146 battles
  • 173
  • [47R-2]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2014

View PostJodmeister, on 11 February 2019 - 10:11 AM, said:

The long haul op should be based on xp just to discourage this sort of selfish idiocy. 

 

Well said, I agree.



electronaut1976 #11 Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:58 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 16594 battles
  • 429
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015
I gave up on scouting. Why risk your tank when your "teammates" dont even leave spawn and leave you to get shot to bits by your spotted tanks? Back in the days i regularly scored 5k and more spotting dmg matches but nowadays...

SPUK4U #12 Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:02 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 9847 battles
  • 1,394
  • Member since:
    07-24-2018

View PostKougar72, on 11 February 2019 - 10:49 AM, said:

Somehow I could understand these yolo light drivers. When I started playing WOT I had no clue about the mechanics.

Just had fun in my Pz.Kpfw.I Ausf.C with the amazing speed. And the rule I learned quickly is "If you stop you are death".

So I had a lot of fun and as well some success driving into the enemy team, create chaos and get all the attention of the reds, while the rest of my team could take them out.

 

And if you see how quickly new players buy and play high tier tanks, they have never learned the complex and difficult role of a light tank.

The same for me, so I had choosen the Snakebite where I could continue my "no strategy" playstyle and just drive fast over the complete map, because I struggle in all other Tanks.

 

And now some 1000´s game later I become better. Far away from your 3 marking skills (Congrats.), but able to master and 1 mark most of my light tanks.

But this take a lot of effort, read the forum, watch videos, learn maps, train good crews, during the battle check the map & team all the time.

But the success, if you get a huge amount of spotting damage, clean up the rest at the end, is worth the work. 

 

I think most of the players are not willing to take this effort and/or just dont know it better. They have a fast tank, so they would like to drive fast.

So this could be a reason, but I don´t know a solution. Maybe matches which you could only join with tanks who are at least 1 marked or another qualifier?

 

+1

My Snakebite is not made to sit still. :trollface:

 

 

 

 

 

- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -

dave mg 04 #13 Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:17 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 31578 battles
  • 237
  • Member since:
    01-17-2017

View Postelectronaut1976, on 11 February 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

I gave up on scouting. Why risk your tank when your "teammates" dont even leave spawn and leave you to get shot to bits by your spotted tanks? Back in the days i regularly scored 5k and more spotting dmg matches but nowadays...

 

or you go one way straight off just to see your team lemming train down the other flank, and with the maps mainly being corridor you end up stuffed.

whenever i play my lights i always ping the map once at the 5 second mark to let the team and arty to where i will be going(i find as a light i get more help from arty than the rest of the team)

but the amount of games ive been in where i do get a good position and spot the reds just for no-one in the team shoot at them then eventualy i get spotted and swamped and killed. my record is 14 spotted with 0 assist(i met the red lemming train and my team all lemming trained the other flank)

 



R35T NO MORE #14 Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:24 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 15749 battles
  • 22,874
  • [BNKR-]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2013
Scouts for the Grille 15? I play mine frontline, sod relying on the team. It isn't consistent but it's fun. 

SPUK4U #15 Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:42 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 9847 battles
  • 1,394
  • Member since:
    07-24-2018

View PostSchildMESSER, on 11 February 2019 - 10:10 AM, said:

Anyone who do that should be banned like I said it's much worse than pushing someone out of cover you literally f... up your whole team

 

There is aways zero score tanks in the bottom of the list and teams still win. Teams lose because of bad heavy tankers not because of yolo light tankers.  As long as WG does Win count Ops we will see yolo game play and early capping.


- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -

Morpheus02007 #16 Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:00 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 14334 battles
  • 6,282
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 11 February 2019 - 10:52 AM, said:

 

Is it stupid? I think the average game is 8 minutes long. With a 60 % win rate you get 4.5 wins per hour.

 

Now let's assume the yolo scout has a winrate of 40 %. He takes two minutes per game, which gets you 12 wins per hour.

 

Sadly and exceptionally, math supports the stupid.

 

That's why I think there has to be an extra requirement, like at least 300 spotting dmg or 300 dmg or 1 kill.


Garage

Thanks to xRoni7x for this awesome sig!


SPUK4U #17 Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:16 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 9847 battles
  • 1,394
  • Member since:
    07-24-2018

View PostMorpheus02007, on 11 February 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:

 

That's why I think there has to be an extra requirement, like at least 300 spotting dmg or 300 dmg or 1 kill.

 

And with kill and spotting you would get everyone rushing into the front. Arty would be there with shotgun and TD's would try to ram enemies they spot. :trollface:
- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -

cydewaze #18 Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:33 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 6728 battles
  • 885
  • [ALSRN]
  • Member since:
    06-10-2018

View PostBoereJack, on 11 February 2019 - 05:29 AM, said:

Something to do with initial spots needed on win for contracts....

 

Yep, or that daily op where you had to spot x number of vehicles to get a point. I'm crap at light tanks, so I probably look like a bot sometimes, but at least I do try. In fact, I accidentally got a scout medal trying to spot tanks, and lived til the end, so I guess I'm a tiny bit better than a bot. But I don't mind the yoloing lights. They're easy damage to farm. Had a 13 57 try to head-on ram my McDragon last night. It was easy damage/XP.
Certified Potato! 1 MOE: M6 - T29 - T32 - M103 - Tiger I - Tiger II - E75 - Stug III G

choppermeir #19 Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:55 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 9224 battles
  • 1,215
  • [FILTH]
  • Member since:
    01-30-2016
Funny thing is when I have a YOLO light on the reed it always ision thetopposite flank to me, it makes it all the way through the team, kills the Arty and makes it back to is own side of the map without taking damage. If I tried that I'd be dead in no time 
Streaming over on http://www.twitch.tv/choppermeir 

killer etzi0 #20 Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:06 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 58204 battles
  • 18,465
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    06-20-2014
Shades of KNT maybe? 

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

 

Ronald Reagan
 

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users