Why do bot players play scout tanks?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

DefiantSpurr #21 Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:21 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14235 battles
  • [BNKR]

A combination of no real light tank tutorials, or that no two light tanks are the same, long haul ops encouraging Yolo, mercenary op requirements, op requirements, and importantly..

Let's not forget that recently we have massive XP rewards making progression up the tiers faster, people are often moving into tanks before they really master the previous one, or learn the tier dynamics.

Comparison:

It's taken me an average of 30 games to elite tier 8/9 tanks recently. Previously it took me around 100 games before I moved from the tier 8 french TD to the tier 9 Foch.

Some of that is my skill improving, but the constant do bonuses do impact.

Subscribe to my YouTube! 

https://www.youtube....ser/immortalfae

DefiantSpurr #22 Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14235 battles
  • [BNKR]

View Postchoppermeir, on 11 February 2019 - 12:55 PM, said:

Funny thing is when I have a YOLO light on the reed it always ision thetopposite flank to me, it makes it all the way through the team, kills the Arty and makes it back to is own side of the map without taking damage. If I tried that I'd be dead in no time 

^ this

Sometimes it works. And when it does the rewards can be huge. 

Last game in my type 58 ( I know it's not a light), I hate the tank, I was bottom tier. My Yolo up the east flank of Lakeville ended up netting me 3 kills and around 2k damage and a win. 

I was hoping to just maybe spot someone for the higher tiers...

Subscribe to my YouTube! 

https://www.youtube....ser/immortalfae

BULLPUPBAKERST1 #23 Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 51373 battles
  • [BNKR]
You’ve gotta be careful in your judgement here though...there are games where I’m trying to get to an aggressive, forward bush. If I make it, it wins the game with spotting for you. If I don’t make it, it would appear to you that I yolo’d, but I didn’t. Some of those you are talking about may be a similar player to me. Now, I hate when lights don’t move out of spawn or play back line...I’m with you there. 

100% Credit/Thanks to Violet Viper X for the fantastic Sig. 

The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.-Nietzsche-

Tankatar #24 Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:40 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 8305 battles

View PostJodmeister, on 11 February 2019 - 05:11 AM, said:

The long haul op should be based on xp just to discourage this sort of selfish idiocy. 

A win with at least 1 kill in each win and make it a permanent ops, not weekly.

caglassc #25 Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:07 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49057 battles
  • [-TCB-]
There is also the opposite argument to this - for every light tank player on your team there are also 14 or so other stupids who either don't get into to position to shoot what you spot, hide in the back by or behind the spawn or just can't seem to actually hit anything you spot.  It works both ways.....you would think a competent player would see were the light tank player is going to spot and put themselves into a position to shoot....but I am never surprised when what I spot doesn't get shot......

De opresso liber

steelheadclan #26 Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15573 battles
  • [REAL]

View PostBULLPUPBAKERST1, on 11 February 2019 - 05:30 AM, said:

You’ve gotta be careful in your judgement here though...there are games where I’m trying to get to an aggressive, forward bush. If I make it, it wins the game with spotting for you. If I don’t make it, it would appear to you that I yolo’d, but I didn’t. Some of those you are talking about may be a similar player to me. Now, I hate when lights don’t move out of spawn or play back line...I’m with you there. 

sometimes those aggressive plays work 

BULLPUPBAKERST1 #27 Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 51373 battles
  • [BNKR]

Exactly steelhead...I did this last night in my m46 (not the greatest game, but demonstrates the point).  I got in a bush in the middle of the field before enemy got anywhere...that’s a death trap if I’m spotted and would look like I yolo’d stupidly. Instead, I controlled the entire battle because neither team sent more than 2 tanks to city 

100% Credit/Thanks to Violet Viper X for the fantastic Sig. 

The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.-Nietzsche-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users