Mercenary Contract 'Caboose'

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

onedown3togo #1 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:53 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17246 battles

Okay, locked, loaded and probably legally drunk again so here we go....warning vent mode!

Damn you WOT for sticking a Confederate medal requirement in the middle of this op.  This is actually the first merc contract I have made a serious try for (mainly because I didn't have the tanks before, got the Absolution so that works for the Japanese ops).  

Has anyone actually 'tried' for a Confederate medal before?  It's damn all hard to freaking do!  Why not give the option to kill six tanks (or less) as an alternative.  I forget what medal that is but I have about a dozen or so of them (I'm sure someone will fact check that so don't hold me to the count).  I also have a like number of Confederate medals but those have always been accidents.

May flesh eating termites infest the crotch of whatever retard stuck that requirement in this op.  I have passed up a dozen kills trying to get that damned medal.  I have likely cost my team games trying to get that damned medal.  My poor Stug has let T1's and KV-1's walk (clout shots too) to get that damned medal! 

It's a stupid requirement that forces players to play below their (in my case admittedly not stellar) skills.  It's corrosive, dumb and counters everything the game is supposed to be!

Vent mode off...I need to take the Stug out again. 

zZGROGZz #2 Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:20 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19025 battles
Platoon up with one or two others, then let them kill 6 tanks that you’ve hit. That’s all you gotta do dude.

!KING OF THE POTATO SKRUBLORDS!

SHREK T T #3 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:13 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 59483 battles
  • [MDK]

Lol that was super easy all you got to do is hit 6 tank's and let your team kill them you can hit a tank more than once just do not kill that said ..... im not sure what you'r expecting from the caboose but it is even worse than the stubs this is why

It cant damage a tank above tier 3

99% of the battles you only see tier 5 

it has a slow reload 

The other tier 3 is 500 x better and the stages are alot easier 

P.s this is my opion!

Where's my tier X coin been 3 months now 

SpandexRockstar #4 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:27 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21475 battles
  • [OD1N]
Confederate is one of the toughest to do in this context, one could even suggest this difficulty spike exists (in most merc contracts) purely to persuade players to pay gold and skip? Get in something fast with a high rate of fire and yolo and stick to the lower tiers. I think I've been quite successful in my Snakebite with these, but yeah, it's very hard

onedown3togo #5 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:33 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17246 battles

View PostzZGROGZz, on 12 February 2019 - 09:20 AM, said:

Platoon up with one or two others, then let them kill 6 tanks that you’ve hit. That’s all you gotta do dude.

Thanks dude but I don't platoon.

onedown3togo #6 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:36 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17246 battles

View PostSpandexRockstar, on 12 February 2019 - 10:27 AM, said:

Confederate is one of the toughest to do in this context, one could even suggest this difficulty spike exists (in most merc contracts) purely to persuade players to pay gold and skip? Get in something fast with a high rate of fire and yolo and stick to the lower tiers. I think I've been quite successful in my Snakebite with these, but yeah, it's very hard

Got my choice of pz Iv, Tiger 1, Hammer or Stug with the Absolution thrown in as an alternate.  None particularly fast.  I have been using the Stug because most of my Confederate medals have been in TDs.  Thanks for the comment.

onedown3togo #7 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:37 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17246 battles

View PostSHREK T T, on 12 February 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

Lol that was super easy all you got to do is hit 6 tank's and let your team kill them you can hit a tank more than once just do not kill that said ..... im not sure what you'r expecting from the caboose but it is even worse than the stubs this is why

It cant damage a tank above tier 3

99% of the battles you only see tier 5 

it has a slow reload 

The other tier 3 is 500 x better and the stages are alot easier 

P.s this is my opion!

The first one I found that I had the tanks for (before I got Absolution in recent contest) and the only Tier III active at the moment.

real FUGAR #8 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:50 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 23144 battles
  • [OTO]

View Postonedown3togo, on 12 February 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

Okay, locked, loaded and probably legally drunk again so here we go....warning vent mode!

Damn you WOT for sticking a Confederate medal requirement in the middle of this op.  This is actually the first merc contract I have made a serious try for (mainly because I didn't have the tanks before, got the Absolution so that works for the Japanese ops).  

Has anyone actually 'tried' for a Confederate medal before?  It's damn all hard to freaking do!  Why not give the option to kill six tanks (or less) as an alternative.  I forget what medal that is but I have about a dozen or so of them (I'm sure someone will fact check that so don't hold me to the count).  I also have a like number of Confederate medals but those have always been accidents.

May flesh eating termites infest the crotch of whatever retard stuck that requirement in this op.  I have passed up a dozen kills trying to get that damned medal.  I have likely cost my team games trying to get that damned medal.  My poor Stug has let T1's and KV-1's walk (clout shots too) to get that damned medal! 

It's a stupid requirement that forces players to play below their (in my case admittedly not stellar) skills.  It's corrosive, dumb and counters everything the game is supposed to be!

Vent mode off...I need to take the Stug out again. 

Feel You, been there (Caboose is the small Jap that rots since i won it?) got a medal chest full with thoose and other PayStep requirements, but NO WGA wants a shiny new one, and like all Merc Contracts all EXP You grind up before You pass this middleBoss dont count for the last big 2 XP grind steps ( neaty cheeky :trollface:).  Hey BF V kinda copied that bright idea (do 10 headshots prone in 1 Life). When You clench through the OPs You get to feel the intend. Winter Games watered down a bit of Salt, not the big Snowcones though.

My eternity is longer than Yours _ Make boosters selectable consumables after battle, rather than a RNG MM wager _ The tallest ones confirm: MM is not broken, its ADVANCED

WoT WoT   oTo (put nuts and bolt logo in here) 

http://xboxdvr.com/g.../video/37825507

IBROX 04 #9 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19936 battles
  • [BNKR]
Grandson keeps skipping stages, But i managed to Finished the last stage on Saturday/Sunday. Starting to question whether saying he can play and do what he wants, well except selling tanks. Was a good idea.. 

ZeMajor #10 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:54 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 34784 battles
  • [P-R-K]
:(

tvcigar #11 Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:31 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19713 battles
I did the Caboose over winter break.   Just shoot tanks but don't try to kill them.  Hit one and move on.  Eventually you will win the award.   The tank itself stinks. 

Koncorde #12 Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:58 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 24079 battles
Confederate is remarkably easy to do. You just need a high ROF tank and to shoot and move. Most lines have at least a few tanks with popguns that you can do well in by spreading your shots around.

Can't remember what the Caboose requires, but take a look at your available tank list and then see if there is one you can pick up with silver that might be more suitable.

In contrast, Demolition Expert can be nigh on impossible depending on the tanks that you have to play that are available.

oldZ54 #13 Posted 23 March 2019 - 08:53 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 26448 battles
  • [GEZRS]
Some of the things they put in these contracts are so out of your control.  I've gotten the confederate, but consider myself lucky.

onedown3togo #14 Posted 10 April 2019 - 01:36 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17246 battles

Thanks for all the comments.  Just an update to say how it went.  I didn't get the little bastard.  I rage quit for like six days and didn't have enough time after that.

I won't sign another merc contract.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users