• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Mythfication #1 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:28 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5747 battles
  • [-GRS-]

Hello tankers!

I am here today to discuss the current situation with the rewards that players obtain throughout the year, depending on when you first started. As I have been watching the live streams almost every week now lately, I've noticed in the giveaways, you typically see someone say "I've been on the game for x amount of years!" Most of the players I see have been around for 2-3 years average. I like how players have stuck with the same game for such a long time, but Wargaming, my word, I get the whole idea of giving players rewards each year to show your appreciation, but you guys are doing it so so wrong. Here, let me explain:

DISCLAIMER: I am not trying to put Wargaming or ANYBODY down! This is just my opinion which I do hope is taken into consideration!

The rewards players get for their years of service to me are complete jokes. As a fellow five year veteran in a day and 2 hours (estimate), I am going to receive the following:

- 5 year symbol

- A week of premium

... What's that you say? "Is there not anything else?" No, there isn't. This honestly is ridiculous, Wargaming. We, as players, appreciate that you're trying to show your appreciation by these gifts, but they feel so un-personalised and generic, not to mention the fact that these are essentially worthless in my own opinion. Why are veterans of console world of tanks, receiving essentially what any newish player would receive, when the veterans have stuck by you and your game for literally HALF A DECADE. Five year veterans honestly deserve so much more appreciation than the previous years and I can list many reasons to why;

- Five year players are becoming more and more scarce by the minute. For me personally, I've not even seen many four years players in the matchmaker, yet alone seeing five year veteran players.

- Many five year players have spent hundreds, if not thousands of hours playing your game. Doesn't that mean anything?

- Many five year players have spent lots and lots of money on gold (including me) whether that's to buy tanks or just convert free xp. Who knows?

- Five year veteran players have been by your side for so long. We have been through a lot and seen massive improvements together as one, Wargaming.

Now, I'm not one to complain and not offer a solution, so here's what I think should happen:

A user who has received their five year veteran symbol should be given the option in-game to pick any tier 7 or below premium tank on the premium tank tech tree, regardless if it's for sale or not. This also ties in to what RaiBot said in one of the weekly assault streams for bringing back the black tanks (can't find the exact timestamp of when she said this, but please take my word): "We released the black tanks again because we have more newer players who are tank collectors who really wanted to get the black tanks, but just couldn't for whatever reason". Many five year veterans are also potentially tank collectors, so can't we see some appreciation along with a reward which will actually make our time more worthwhile? I see no downside to this suggestion, as to me, it seems like a solid idea.

This is NOT intended to attack anyone, I just want to voice my own opinion. But what do you guys think? Do you agree, or disagree? Tell me what you guys think down below, I am interested in what you guys have to say.

- SkY Mythic

Edited by SkY Mythic, 12 February 2019 - 10:37 PM.

Tempest fox3 #2 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:29 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21039 battles
  • [JOCO]
You know most games don't give you anything right?

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25 - In order obtained

Spoiler

Mythfication #3 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:31 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5747 battles
  • [-GRS-]

View PostTempest fox3, on 12 February 2019 - 10:29 PM, said:

Yes, I do. However, if they're going to make the effort to show the appreciation anyway, don't make it half-attempted. That's like finishing a job, but only doing half the amount of required work of a task on purpose. What's the point in doing the job in the first place then?

Edited by SkY Mythic, 12 February 2019 - 10:34 PM.

P6X330 #4 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:32 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 16076 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostTempest fox3, on 12 February 2019 - 04:29 PM, said:

I had not realized that;

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

XT356 #5 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10550 battles
  • [FOE]

View PostTempest fox3, on 12 February 2019 - 04:29 PM, said:

Halo CE gave me a reason to buy xbox. It pains me to see my beloved franchise doing down the drain. 343 killed HALO
“Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent. It depends in part upon the myth-making imagination of humankind. The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in. He must reflect what is projected upon him. And he must have a strong sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples him from belief in his own pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits him to move within himself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a man.”

TemplarKnight75 #6 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:34 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22297 battles
  • [OJD]

View PostSkY Mythic, on 12 February 2019 - 05:31 PM, said:

Yes, I do. However, if they're going to make the effort to show the appreciation anyway, don't make it half-attempted. That's like finishing a job, but only doing half the amount of required work. 

making a suggestion for better yearly rewards is fine and dandy but calling wg lazy for not liking the rewards is kind of a crappy thing to do.

Mythfication #7 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:35 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5747 battles
  • [-GRS-]

View PostTemplarKnight75, on 12 February 2019 - 10:34 PM, said:

making a suggestion for better yearly rewards is fine and dandy but calling wg lazy for not liking the rewards is kind of a crappy thing to do.

It's not 'calling them out', it's giving them back criticised feedback. Also, I clearly stated that I am NOT trying to attack them, this is just my own opinion.

Edited by SkY Mythic, 12 February 2019 - 10:36 PM.

Otis Z Firefly #8 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:51 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21397 battles

Ordo ab Chao.

Mythfication #9 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:57 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5747 battles
  • [-GRS-]

View PostOtis Z Firefly, on 12 February 2019 - 10:51 PM, said:

KFOR99 #10 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:59 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 25859 battles

View PostSkY Mythic, on 12 February 2019 - 10:28 PM, said:

Hello tankers!

I am here today to discuss the current situation with the rewards that players obtain throughout the year, depending on when you first started. As I have been watching the live streams almost every week now lately, I've noticed in the giveaways, you typically see someone say "I've been on the game for x amount of years!" Most of the players I see have been around for 2-3 years average. I like how players have stuck with the same game for such a long time, but Wargaming, my word, I get the whole idea of giving players rewards each year to show your appreciation, but you guys are doing it so so wrong. Here, let me explain:

DISCLAIMER: I am not trying to put Wargaming or ANYBODY down! This is just my opinion which I do hope is taken into consideration!

The rewards players get for their years of service to me are complete jokes. As a fellow five year veteran in a day and 2 hours (estimate), I am going to receive the following:

- 5 year symbol

- A week of premium

... What's that you say? "Is there not anything else?" No, there isn't. This honestly is ridiculous, Wargaming. We, as players, appreciate that you're trying to show your appreciation by these gifts, but they feel so un-personalised and generic, not to mention the fact that these are essentially worthless in my own opinion. Why are veterans of console world of tanks, receiving essentially what any newish player would receive, when the veterans have stuck by you and your game for literally HALF A DECADE. Five year veterans honestly deserve so much more appreciation than the previous years and I can list many reasons to why;

- Five year players are becoming more and more scarce by the minute. For me personally, I've not even seen many four years players in the matchmaker, yet alone seeing five year veteran players.

- Many five year players have spent hundreds, if not thousands of hours playing your game. Doesn't that mean anything?

- Many five year players have spent lots and lots of money on gold (including me) whether that's to buy tanks or just convert free xp. Who knows?

- Five year veteran players have been by your side for so long. We have been through a lot and seen massive improvements together as one, Wargaming.

Now, I'm not one to complain and not offer a solution, so here's what I think should happen:

A user who has received their five year veteran symbol should be given the option in-game to pick any tier 7 or below premium tank on the premium tank tech tree, regardless if it's for sale or not. This also ties in to what RaiBot said in one of the weekly assault streams for bringing back the black tanks (can't find the exact timestamp of when she said this, but please take my word): "We released the black tanks again because we have more newer players who are tank collectors who really wanted to get the black tanks, but just couldn't for whatever reason". Many five year veterans are also potentially tank collectors, so can't we see some appreciation along with a reward which will actually make our time more worthwhile? I see no downside to this suggestion, as to me, it seems like a solid idea.

This is NOT intended to attack anyone, I just want to voice my own opinion. But what do you guys think? Do you agree, or disagree? Tell me what you guys think down below, I am interested in what you guys have to say.

- SkY Mythic

I have 100 tanks in my garage (not my garage that's attached to my home, that would be crazy!!) Of those I probably have about 25,30 tech tree tanks the rest are all premium. I haven't bought many of those, maybe ten, although they all have permanent camo. All the others have been given away or earned in ops. Not bad for five years gaming with a money grabbing company!

Otis Z Firefly #11 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:59 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21397 battles
Be grateful for what you get. Make a bit more effort in your retort too.
Ordo ab Chao.

P3NNYPACK3R #12 Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:00 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14465 battles
  • [47R-2]
I will be receiving my 5 year emblem in a couple of weeks...but I have never used any of my previous years of service emblems on a single tank. Just not really keen on the idea.

Mythfication #13 Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:01 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5747 battles
  • [-GRS-]

View PostOtis Z Firefly, on 12 February 2019 - 10:59 PM, said:

Be grateful for what you get. Make a bit more effort in your retort too.

Never said that I wasn't being grateful and did you even read the thread? I said that I appreciate that they are trying to do something nice for us. Also, what is a retort?

Gallant Prime #14 Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:01 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 45746 battles
  • [47R]

Logs in day one, logs out.  Logs in 5 years later, alright a free tank!  I've been supporting the game the whole time, honest!  How about a reward for games played, like say a free premium with all tier 10s unlocked!

:great:

Mythfication #15 Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:04 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5747 battles
  • [-GRS-]

View PostGallant Prime, on 12 February 2019 - 11:01 PM, said:

Logs in day one, logs out.  Logs in 5 years later, alright a free tank!  I've been supporting the game the whole time, honest!  How about a reward for games played, like say a free premium with all tier 10s unlocked!

:great:

Obviously that'd have to be avoided. Also, not everybody has 12 hours a day that they can grind out on WoT, so people most likely aren't going to research every single tank line. Do you honestly think that they will, when people are working full time?

Otis Z Firefly #16 Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:08 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21397 battles

View PostSkY Mythic, on 12 February 2019 - 11:01 PM, said:

Never said that I wasn't being grateful and did you even read the thread? I said that I appreciate that they are trying to do something nice for us. Also, what is a retort?

If you are grateful then why ask for more? You've got the internet in front of you, try finding out for yourself what a retort is.
Ordo ab Chao.

Gallant Prime #17 Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:10 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 45746 battles
  • [47R]

View PostSkY Mythic, on 12 February 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

Obviously that'd have to be avoided. Also, not everybody has 12 hours a day that they can grind out on WoT, so people most likely aren't going to research every single tank line. Do you honestly think that they will, when people are working full time?

I work 50 hrs a week, volunteer another 10-15, help out as a forum ambassador, in a clan, and still get 6-8 hours a week in and am almost done--mostly without premium time.

I would say the last year of premium I have had has maybe saved me a six months to a year--though it would be easier if the pace of releases were not quite so hot lately.  

Mythfication #18 Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:10 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5747 battles
  • [-GRS-]

View PostOtis Z Firefly, on 12 February 2019 - 11:08 PM, said:

If you are grateful then why ask for more? You've got the internet in front of you, try finding out for yourself what a retort is.

I don't understand the problem, why can't you just tell me? I'm not that interested to the point where I'm going out of my way to find out. Also, there's nothing wrong with wanting more? Most likely, we'll never meet, so why do you care so much on what I want?

Edited by SkY Mythic, 12 February 2019 - 11:11 PM.

Mythfication #19 Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:12 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5747 battles
  • [-GRS-]

View PostOtis Z Firefly, on 12 February 2019 - 11:08 PM, said:

You must be a very good player then

Otis Z Firefly #20 Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:15 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21397 battles

View PostSkY Mythic, on 12 February 2019 - 11:10 PM, said:

I don't understand the problem, why can't you just tell me? I'm not that interested to the point where I'm going out of my way to find out. Also, there's nothing wrong with wanting more? Most likely, we'll never meet, so why do you care so much on what I want?

I don't understand the problem? Why can't you just search for it? It would have taken less effort to search than you put into that post. Wants to know enough to make a post, doesn't want to know enough to put the word into a search engine. 
Ordo ab Chao.

Also tagged with World of tanks, Veterans, loyalty, Premium tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users