Are you a bad player? Then get a NEW CONTROLLER! (funny story inside)

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

KajitaBerlin #1 Posted 14 February 2019 - 09:14 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16210 battles

Okay folks, so this might will make you laugh...

I bought a ps4 like 2 years ago. Everything was fine. I played alot of games and play daily wot only now.

I was curious about tanks with great gundepression, so I started to grind several lines. I was wondering why I am sooo bad player and why some tanks don't have a good gundepression. I am talking about Super Conqueror! What the hell is wrong with this tank I thought.....horrible gun depression? wth?

But the it hit me! My right analog stick was broken and diden't worked well anymore. I sold my SC, because I thought this is so horrible gundepression and now I realized it was just because of my stupid controller lol...

SonI bought new one and I can tell you guys: this is like a new game for me now! So my advice when you are frustrated with your aiming or your game, then think about getting a new controller! Your old controller might still works okay, but a new one seriously makes a big big difference!

Seriously, many people forget about such a thing(like stupid me lol), so instead of getting a new premium tank next time, think about a new controller for your console, it seriously makes a big big difference!

Dyslexsticks #2 Posted 14 February 2019 - 09:16 AM

Major

• Players
  • 32932 battles
  • [BNKR]
I've considered getting an elite controller several times, but those reviews on xbox sure are confidence inspiring...

BTW. Im a world xhamp in destiny 1. Cup winner in cod4. Nations cup winner in bf3. Amongst other things. 9 games out of 10 i pick up i still find myself in the world top 10 or 1 percent even im my 30s still so i would say i know how to play smart.

Did you manage to stand my post? You might like: My Mixer channel | My YouTube Channel | My Twitter

Want to share your content? I might be able to help with that: My Xbox to YouTube Guide

M4ntiX #3 Posted 14 February 2019 - 09:19 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 22225 battles
Get frustrated enough and you will need a new controller anyways. They don't seem to be particularly "wall resistant."

Btw, is there an "Elite" version of a PS4 controller one can buy? Or perhaps and aftermarket option you would recommend?

milesizdead #4 Posted 14 February 2019 - 09:45 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 14515 battles

View PostDyslexsticks, on 14 February 2019 - 11:16 AM, said:

I've considered getting an elite controller several times, but those reviews on xbox sure are confidence inspiring...

Elite controller for X1? Apart from the rubber bits coming loose from the back of the controller (easy to stop with a drop of glue) those controllers are golden. I've got two, and a couple of my friends have bought them as well after trying at my place.

Rubbelito #5 Posted 14 February 2019 - 10:05 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 20609 battles
  • [TNT]

View PostDyslexsticks, on 14 February 2019 - 10:16 AM, said:

View Postmilesizdead, on 14 February 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

Elite controller for X1? Apart from the rubber bits coming loose from the back of the controller (easy to stop with a drop of glue) those controllers are golden. I've got two, and a couple of my friends have bought them as well after trying at my place.

I really like my elite and probably couldn't play with a regular controller now...

I am, however, on my 3rd controller in 2½ years now (last one I got on warranty) because for some reason I manage to ruin the left bumper all the time...

The rubber holds just fine for me, but that left bumper...

Perhaps once WG has "fixed" the rep wheel my left bumper will be left intact for a longer period of time. :teethhappy:

Dyslexsticks #6 Posted 14 February 2019 - 10:11 AM

Major

• Players
  • 32932 battles
  • [BNKR]

View Postmilesizdead, on 14 February 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

I shouldn't have to buy such an expensive controller to spend more on fixing it. :popcorn:

BTW. Im a world xhamp in destiny 1. Cup winner in cod4. Nations cup winner in bf3. Amongst other things. 9 games out of 10 i pick up i still find myself in the world top 10 or 1 percent even im my 30s still so i would say i know how to play smart.

Did you manage to stand my post? You might like: My Mixer channel | My YouTube Channel | My Twitter

Want to share your content? I might be able to help with that: My Xbox to YouTube Guide

KajitaBerlin #7 Posted 14 February 2019 - 10:31 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16210 battles
Holy moly....109 is pretty crazy amount of money....I payed 60 euro bow and found this not cheap at all...

milesizdead #8 Posted 14 February 2019 - 10:54 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 14515 battles

View PostDyslexsticks, on 14 February 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

I shouldn't have to buy such an expensive controller to spend more on fixing it. :popcorn:

I hear you, I wasn't exactly happy about the rubber bits getting loose, but other than that I consider it money well spent. Like Rubbelito said, I couldn't play with a regular controller anymore. Well, I coooouuld, but I don't want to :)

In addition, gaming is really the only place I spend money on apart from cycling, so I don't consider 129€ (what I paid for each controller) that much of an investment. Back in the day I would've spent that on a hangover.

Tempest fox3 #9 Posted 14 February 2019 - 11:03 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18695 battles

View PostDyslexsticks, on 14 February 2019 - 10:11 AM, said:

Those prices are Rediclulus, I paid £70 a week after release for mine. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

Rubbelito #10 Posted 14 February 2019 - 11:18 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 20609 battles
  • [TNT]

View Postmilesizdead, on 14 February 2019 - 11:54 AM, said:

Back in the day I would've spent that on a hangover.

lol

Those were the days...

P6X330 #11 Posted 14 February 2019 - 12:54 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 12727 battles
  • [AMXS]

For PS4 users, I wrote a comprehensive review of the aftermarket "Razer Raiju" controller!

Here's the link to it.

If you can't be bothered to read it, all the non OEM controllers are (very) expensive, and of lesser quality;

Some are more expensive than the purchase of a new console (Scuff).

The OEM controller is better built, and will last longer. The advantages procured by the additional triggers are infinitesimal. 

Stay with the MS/Sony original controllers!

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

LadyTanker #12 Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 5867 battles
A controller that expensive better not be missing any shots--I'm just saying. I don't get what is so elite about these over regular ones.

PYLE33 #13 Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:04 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 7427 battles
I'm gonna have to dig out another controller and see what happens. I keep seeing players in good spots but when I attempt to use them with the same tanks I don't have the gun depression. This has been baffling me since I started playing again.
           Equal opportunity does not necessarily mean equal outcomes. 

P6X330 #14 Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:17 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 12727 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostLadyTanker, on 14 February 2019 - 08:02 AM, said:

A controller that expensive better not be missing any shots--I'm just saying. I don't get what is so elite about these over regular ones.

Don't be mistaken, they have perks, but they largely rely on your own dexterity.

The most obvious advantage of an aftermarket controller are L3 and R3 remaping to additional triggers. Not having to depress your camera thumbstick to get the zoom and throwing your aiming is gold. Same for L3 and cruise control, to a lesser extent.

Then comes the Ammo switch and Reload container on the D-pad... if you are driving, escaping, whatever, not having to remove your thumb from the stick to switch ammunition or reload container is incredibly powerful!

Now, all of the above comes at a cost (pun intended). The non OEM manufacturers have to make profit, and as they cannot hope to sell as many as OEM controllers, they have to cut corners. This is why, I basically returned to my PS4 original controller.

I loved the Razer, but it had two main design issues, (shooting by itself), depressing too hard on a button activated another function (duh!), and I dropped it from a very low height, and the trigger broke. Taking a look inside, I saw the construction is flimsy. The trigger is held in its cavity by very small plastic tabs, failure prone!

I got out with a relatively small loss, because I purchased through Amazon, and I returned the controller after the 90 days warranty period, and they still took it back, minus a restocking fee.

I recently received an offer from Scuff, to buy their newest controller with a 20 bucks in game credit from Sony, but I read the reviews, and once again, those controllers are too fragile. For the price you are going to spend, you can buy an extra console, if you have not already.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

milesizdead #15 Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:33 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 14515 battles
Razer controller for the 360 was of poor quality as well. 

P6X330 #16 Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:15 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 12727 battles
  • [AMXS]

View Postmilesizdead, on 14 February 2019 - 08:33 AM, said:

Razer controller for the 360 was of poor quality as well. 

It figures... they have to make a profit, so they need to make them as cheap as possible.

I have given them a few suggestions; the most blatantly obvious one, why do they even selling the carrying case with it?

I used the Raiju for six months, and the controller never went into its carrying case a single time.

Make it an optional item, and inject the cost saving in making the Raiju more robust.

Every thing is hard plastic, it just breaks like crystal.

The same goes for both the Scuff and Nacon.

LordWilliam71 #17 Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:47 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9468 battles

I bought a refurbished Elite Controller (had everything with it) for Xbox off of Ebay from a reputable seller for less than a new regular controller and could not be happier. I originally used it with the regular Xbox One and immediately noticed it was sharper and had a crisper response than the regular controller.

When I upgraded to the One X over Christmas I tried using the included controller for a couple of days but then switched back. The Elite was still better and just feels more responsive. It has taken two bad falls since I got it but there have been no issues after either incident. 

HomicidalApple0 #18 Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:56 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 669 battles
  • [D7CAV]

View PostDyslexsticks, on 14 February 2019 - 09:16 AM, said:

I just bought a new sport white one that just has a rubber texture to help with grip when you play a long session, I’ve used the elite before at a friends and definitely wish I’d just spent the extra money and went with that one. 

I’d highly recommend so you can change ammo or use supplies without taking thumb off aiming stick 

cydewaze #19 Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:11 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5951 battles
  • [ALSRN]
I think my controller needs a new me. Then we'd be better at the game.

Gallant Prime #20 Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:20 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 41067 battles
  • [47R]
Regular controller cleaning and maintenance is necessary if you play a lot.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users