• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Sgt Becket FEAR #1 Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10423 battles
  • [ROSA]

Good afternoon everyone.

How is your Friday going? I hope that it has been great so far :)

So, I am sure you guys have already discussed this tank to death the past few days but several of us have been requesting this Tiger for years so I am going to post my thoughts about her even though they don't matter much.

All right...here we go :hiding:

-----

General Overview/Summary of my thoughts so far:

Advantages:

• Slightly higher Alpha per hit without sacrificing the Tiger's trademark DPM
  • Mobility is still perfectly usable and it can actually turn faster than its German counterparts
  • Ausf. E turret means great view range for a Tier 7
  • It is fairly competitive overall and Tiger players will be very comfortable almost right from the start
  • It actually looks pretty awesome
  • Low shell cost means decent silver making potential

Disadvantages:

• It is such an oddball compared to contemporary Russian tanks that its usefulness as a Crew Trainer will be limited.
  • It suffers from the same module problems that the other Tigers suffer from.
  • Less engine horsepower means that terrain will be an issue and ramming will be more awkward and less effective because of the problems with gaining enough momentum.
  • The larger maps will be more frustrating if you do not plan accordingly or if you are forced to try to adapt to emergency situations unfolding at the far ends the map.
  • It itself is not particularly noteworthy in terms of performance compared to its free TT German counterpart and it is in the same tier as tanks like the Minuteman and Tiger 131.
  • You will be paying real money for tank that is basically a more sluggish Tiger I with a slightly bigger gun in a nation that has tanks that make things go BOOM while being Stronk.

------

Wall of text incoming alert!

I go in-depth below if you want to read what I specifically think about things in the list above.

------

The T-VI-100's whole deal is that it trades the Lange 88 of the Tiger I for a 100mm gun.

No, the extra average Alpha per hit (250 vs. 240)  does not make it a death cannon. However, allow me explain why that is significant when you combine it with the Tiger in particular. The Tiger carries 72 shells and it has the DPM to pump out a lot rounds in a short amount of time so it is slightly more average Alpha over potentially dozens of rounds per match if you let the Tiger do what it does best. It will add up faster than you think it will.

Remember, you play chess in a Tiger so tiny differences are a big deal.

----------

The Russian Tiger's gun handling is a lot better than i would have thought.

(T-VI-100) Aim Time of 2.40s coupled with an accuracy of 0.36 at 100m with a reload time of 6.88 seconds.

vs.

(Rosa) Aim Time of 2.70s coupled with an accuracy of 0.34 at 100m with a reload time of 6.70 seconds.

The DPM is not significantly more or less than a regular Tiger with the Lange 88. You are basically getting that extra Alpha for "free".

So, she is still a Tiger through and through...a ruthless DPM monster that eats enemy tanks alive from either afar or right in their faces :justwait:

Only an enemy 131 being played properly will be a genuine problem if you have to slug it out with any of the German Tigers without backup or with low HP because of its far superior RoF.

Against heavily armored tanks, you also have access to an APCR round that has more pen than Rosa's APCR so you will be even more capable of facing basically anything that MM can throw at you. So, there is a silver lining to the fact that the 100mm's AP has lower pen than the AP of Rosa's 88mm...face less armored tanks with less pen in your AP but have more pen in your APCR against the biggest and baddest of your MM range.

However, be aware that the 100mm has a lower shell velocity so you might have a small issue readjusting if you are used to high velocity guns. I say small because it is 895m/s vs 1,000m/s comparing the standard AP round of the 100mm and the 88mm and 1,119m/s vs 1,250m/s when comparing their APCR rounds.

-------

Now, the main thing people seem to be focusing on: the mobility.

Like the Hammer, you have the 700 HP engine.

To be perfectly honest, the 870 HP that Rosa has is overkill for how she wants to fight. You can still get up to your top speed under your own power, hills and terrain are a bigger pain but not to the point of being a deal breaker, and as long as you spend a little extra time to strategically plan out your movements around the map, you will probably never find yourself in a situation where you are so far away from the fight that you are dead weight to your team.

T-VI-100 can actually turn faster than her German counterparts. ( 28 deg/s vs. 26 deg/s). It makes the Tiger's favorite way to troll enemy tanks by sidescraping a bit easier :playing:

------

However, now comes the main issue: Is it worth buying?

Overall, the T-VI-100 is not significantly better or worse than its Tiger counterparts so if you are looking for a Russian Tiger 131, this is not the tank for you.

Yes, it has small things that someone like me is interested in because they give it a unique playstyle and I want to see how far I can push it :izmena:

Yes, it actually looks cool and I even genuinely considered getting clear camo because its stock appearance is awesome.

Yes, it is competitive if you work with its playstyle just like any other Tiger.

However, it is a Russian Premium.

I'm  a collector and a diehard Tiger fan. I did not buy it for the silver or crew training. I play Rosa and her sisters as competitively as possible because that is just my thing in this game.

Considering how different a Tiger is to the Russian Heavies, unless you are just jump starting a fresh crew through the initial basic skills/perks before reassigning them back to whatever tank they were in before, I am not sure that it is worth it as a Crew Trainer. Maybe for Medium crews...but I only really know them from the T-34-85 and KV-13 so I really don't know.

Luckily, the shells are relatively cheap and you do not really need to load up on premium supplies so you can make decent silver...for a Tier 7 at least. It might be worth it if you need a silver earner but, again, this tank is an oddball and the Russian Tree has a lot of good options that would work better as both a trainer and silver earner.

Again, I am saying that it is comparable to the other Tigers excluding Tiger 131...for a Tier 7, it is a beast...but...it is still a Tiger in the Russian tree, which already has plenty of excellent Premium tanks to pick in stead if you are after it for the benefits that it offers as a Premium tank rather than being after it since it is a Tiger.

So, not so great in terms of being a Premium tank but still a good tank in itself.

-------

Anyway,

She will probably be "meh" for most people but I never thought that she would get introduced into the game so...yeah...this rambling mess was my honest opinion about the new Tier 7 T-VI-100 premium tank so far.

Thank you for your time and I hope that this was helpful even just a little bit to someone ^_^

WG, if you look at this post, you did good with this one :)

You earned this...and my money :3 :

Spoiler

Sample match for anyone who has not bought it or seen one in action yet:

Results:

Spoiler

Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

D3M0LITI0N MANN #2 Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:05 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13910 battles
  • [JOCO]
Very nice review. I hope I am able to pick up this tank, as I also love the Tiger tanks. Also what did you name her?

Pit Friend #3 Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:09 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32985 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostD3M0LITI0N MANN, on 15 February 2019 - 05:05 PM, said:

Very nice review. I hope I am able to pick up this tank, as I also love the Tiger tanks. Also what did you name her?

I’m hoping for Svetlana. :)

Una nox dormienda - You only live once (but classier)

D3M0LITI0N MANN #4 Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:13 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13910 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostPit Friend, on 15 February 2019 - 03:09 PM, said:

Not scary enough. Haha

LGz JETHRO66 #5 Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:16 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 25781 battles
  • [LGZ]
Can you train german crews as well??

D3M0LITI0N MANN #6 Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:17 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13910 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostLGz JETHRO66, on 15 February 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

Can you train german crews as well??

No it’s not a duel trainer 

Sgt Becket FEAR #7 Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10423 battles
  • [ROSA]

View PostD3M0LITI0N MANN, on 15 February 2019 - 04:05 PM, said:

Masha :3

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

D3M0LITI0N MANN #8 Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:24 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13910 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostSgt Becket FEAR, on 15 February 2019 - 03:22 PM, said:

Masha :3

Is that name from something? If I get the tank I am naming it Clara

And you’re welcome :)

Sgt Becket FEAR #9 Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10423 battles
  • [ROSA]

View PostPit Friend, on 15 February 2019 - 04:09 PM, said:

LOL I would have to start writing their names down if I did long names :P

DoomPanzer #10 Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:36 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30312 battles
  • [-USA-]
Nice review Beckett! I will picking this up as I love tiger tanks! I remember when I first downloaded this game almost 5 years ago, i gotta get that tiger tank first! I love ww2 history and tanks with a passion. Good job Wargaming for adding another ww2 era type tank!

*3 Marks of Excellence*

Centurion AX, Chieftain, FV215b, T110E4, IS-7, T110E5, Conquerer, E-75, M103, T-34B, 112, Type 59, Motherland, Fatherland, Obj 252u, IS-M, Fcm 50t, T26E4, KV-5, Primo Viktoria, HMH Amx M4 Mle. 49, T95e2, Legion, STA-1, Emil 1, ChieftainT95, IS-2, T29, Tiger 1, Tiger 131, 45TP, The Warlord, T-34-88, Boilermaker

Sgt Becket FEAR #11 Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10423 battles
  • [ROSA]

View PostD3M0LITI0N MANN, on 15 February 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

Is that name from something? If I get the tank I am naming it Clara

And you’re welcome :)

BioShock xDDD

She survived hell while only being a little girl.

Oh, nice! Love Clara :great:

IBROX 04 #12 Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20111 battles
  • [BNKR]
Actually been waiting on your input mate, seen your battle results on the xbox community feed, nice results btw ,  so before i purchase the soviet tiger I'll tead this later . Wee bit drunk tonight so I'll leave this here and read it tomorrow. Cheers 

Sgt Becket FEAR #13 Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10423 battles
  • [ROSA]

View PostDoomPanzer, on 15 February 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

Nice review Beckett! I will picking this up as I love tiger tanks! I remember when I first downloaded this game almost 5 years ago, i gotta get that tiger tank first! I love ww2 history and tanks with a passion. Good job Wargaming for adding another ww2 era type tank!

Indeed, I am so thrilled that WG introduced it ^_^

TocFanKe4 #14 Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20736 battles
  • [GIRLS]
I was a no on getting it because I don't really have a need, but your review made me consider it. I'm still probably not going to jump on it right away. If it comes out as a good discount offer, I may get one eventually after reading this

The E25 was built for Shenanigans

Sgt Becket FEAR #15 Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10423 battles
  • [ROSA]

View PostIBROX 04, on 15 February 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

Actually been waiting on your input mate, seen your battle results on the xbox community feed, nice results btw ,  so before i purchase the soviet tiger I'll tead this later . Wee bit drunk tonight so I'll leave this here and read it tomorrow. Cheers 

I wanted to post something sooner but I needed a moment to decompress after all the exams I had this week in my courses :P

I hope you find it helpful when you read it ^_^

Sgt Becket FEAR #16 Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:07 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10423 battles
  • [ROSA]

View PostTocFanKe4, on 15 February 2019 - 04:41 PM, said:

I was a no on getting it because I don't really have a need, but your review made me consider it. I'm still probably not going to jump on it right away. If it comes out as a good discount offer, I may get one eventually after reading this

Yeah, unless you just have to have it, I would wait for the base bundle or wait for when it comes back discounted.

It is good but not special enough for 10K Gold :P

grayman2908 #17 Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:59 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13854 battles
  • [7UP]
Yep i've been waiting for the sarges report and indeed worth waiting for.:great: i'm skint so maybe for the future, ta buddy.

Sgt Becket FEAR #18 Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:14 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10423 battles
  • [ROSA]

View PostTopsmuggler65, on 15 February 2019 - 05:59 PM, said:

Yep i've been waiting for the sarges report and indeed worth waiting for.:great: i'm skint so maybe for the future, ta buddy.

:honoring:

I'm glad that it was worth the wait.

T00_Late_Checkm8 #19 Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:18 AM

Major

• Players
  • 20184 battles
  • [CCNL]

The only person from which i want to read a Tiger review.

I said i wasn't spending any more money on WoT but this thing is making it very hard for me...

3 MOE: IS-6 - Aufkl Panther - Tiger 131 - Jackson - Pz.V/IV. 

Tempest fox3 #20 Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:23 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20409 battles
  • [JOCO]
It's 240 alpha (German long 88)vs 250 alpha (Russian 100mm).

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users