Citadel Tiger Spaced Armour Citadel Tiger OP

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

N0thingButAnger #1 Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:04 AM

Private

• Players
  • 13344 battles

Good Day to everyone

I was wondering why the Premium Citadel Tiger has the tracks on the lower plate count as spaced armour, yet the 131, Hammer and Tiger 1 ( Tech Tree) do not have this placed armour though visually look the same?

The Japanese Heavy tank #6 does not have the piece of track there so understandably does not have any added placed armour.

Why is it that the Citadel is the only variant of Tiger with spaced armour? especially at tier VI!

Happy Tanking ( as hard as that may be ) 

Sgt Becket FEAR #2 Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:09 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10423 battles
  • [ROSA]

Ikr? >_<

I think that Citadel is a model remake/update so the tracks are treated as being there rather than being mere decoration.

Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

Vampire_Izumi #3 Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:12 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23742 battles
  • [LEONI]
didnt they say a wile back that they were going to fix Sandbags and Tracks that do not count as armor or added armor directly to the thickness?

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:

N0thingButAnger #4 Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:12 AM

Private

• Players
  • 13344 battles
Mhmm, So why couldn't WG update the other models? I suppose their not making as much money off them so why bother eh.

Sgt Becket FEAR #5 Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:16 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10423 battles
  • [ROSA]

View Postgreenteam117, on 16 February 2019 - 03:12 AM, said:

didnt they say a wile back that they were going to fix Sandbags and Tracks that do not count as armor or added armor directly to the thickness?

View PostN0thingButAnger, on 16 February 2019 - 03:12 AM, said:

Mhmm, So why couldn't WG update the other models? I suppose their not making as much money off them so why bother eh.

Eh, kind of low on their list of things to do though so they probably will eventually but for now only Citadel has space armor.

Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

Jope2209 #6 Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:53 AM

Major

• Players
  • 29542 battles
Citadel has 950 HP, so it's kinda nice to have at least some additional armor. On the other hand, Jap Tiger also has 950 health, but no spaced armor. I guess Germans sold whole tank in parts except that slapped on piece of tracks on lfp. Japs should've payed a couple of mil extra for that.

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, M7, T-50

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users