Base it off XP. Simple.

"For a pessimist, i'm pretty optimistic"

Perfecshionist #22 Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:35 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12828 battles

View PostmoosehaT o, on 18 February 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

Base it off XP. Simple.

This fixes nothing about the excessive time it takes while making it worse for lower tier players. It only fixes yoloing. 

moosehaT o #23 Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:50 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 26952 battles

View PostPerfecshionist, on 18 February 2019 - 03:35 PM, said:

This fixes nothing about the excessive time it takes while making it worse for lower tier players. It only fixes yoloing. 

Yeah i guess. Maybe in between. 40 wins, 50k xp. Lower tier players could achieve that. 

Your suggestion is good. i'd get the 25 wins, but would have to grind more for higher chest. Force me to play more.

With the current op, i don't bother. 

"For a pessimist, i'm pretty optimistic"

Vorpallion #24 Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:15 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6292 battles
  • [ICC1]

I wish instead of always getting commanders chests I got some of the higher tier ones.

Or, better yet, that it was 50 wins instead of 75. 

Or best of all, progress saved from week to week. 

Getting 75 wins in a week is actually surprisingly difficult and time consuming, and when your reward is 150 gold and 50,000 silver it feels a little sad. 

Cobravert #25 Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:34 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27310 battles
  • [WPLAC]

I reactivate it every week now that I know it's there.

I found it really odd that no ops need to be activated anymore, except that one.... Seems really out of place tbh.

But now I have it running, but have no ambitions to whether I'll complete it or not, for it is the one op I literally have no ability to be in control of. You are entirely at the mercy of whether you get placed on a team that can stay alive or not. Sadly, this just doesn't happen very often, and if you aren't able to carry, there are no wins.

There is nothing in them that I really have any desire to acquire. At least if the 1 that I did get a while back is any indication, I'll never buy any. No point nor purpose.

I will say this (probably belongs on FusionStar's appreciation thread), I really have been happy with the Winter Ops. The ability to recharge the silver reserves, get some gold, and some free xp has been awesome. I hope they keep these up year round, for they have made playing somewhat rewarding, rather than having ops you don't care about for things you don't need.

SandM9 #26 Posted 18 February 2019 - 07:39 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 32225 battles

View PostCobravert, on 18 February 2019 - 09:34 AM, said:

I reactivate it every week now that I know it's there.

I found it really odd that no ops need to be activated anymore, except that one.... Seems really out of place tbh.

But now I have it running, but have no ambitions to whether I'll complete it or not, for it is the one op I literally have no ability to be in control of. You are entirely at the mercy of whether you get placed on a team that can stay alive or not. Sadly, this just doesn't happen very often, and if you aren't able to carry, there are no wins.

There is nothing in them that I really have any desire to acquire. At least if the 1 that I did get a while back is any indication, I'll never buy any. No point nor purpose.

I will say this (probably belongs on FusionStar's appreciation thread), I really have been happy with the Winter Ops. The ability to recharge the silver reserves, get some gold, and some free xp has been awesome. I hope they keep these up year round, for they have made playing somewhat rewarding, rather than having ops you don't care about for things you don't need.

I also found it odd that you need to activate it when there are no other ops that require activation.

Did it twice thinking maybe some thing good would come out didn't realize that there were different payouts. Totally not a gambling mechanic like a slot machine.:hiding:

But not worth the effort. Pretty much found myself playing for no other reason than to get that darn 75th win. Went 0-12 in a Minuteman at one point and just starting yoloing out. Just could not care less at the end. Sorry team mates. 

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

marinefish666 #27 Posted 18 February 2019 - 07:50 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 39859 battles

I forgot about it when they went to the always on OP's.

This is the only one left.

Out of sight and out of mind.

It should be an always on one like all the rest!

Senior Technical Engineer, all tanks unlocked!

TocFanKe4 #28 Posted 18 February 2019 - 07:55 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20508 battles
  • [GIRLS]
I don't even turn it on.  It's not worth it.  I barely play 200 games a month anymore if I'm on a lot.  75 wins would take 2-3 weeks

Nerf the World

psmobius1 #29 Posted 18 February 2019 - 08:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29960 battles
  • [USA1]
I just turn it on at the beginning of that weeks OPS and then play as I usually would. I'll typically hit 75 wins by Sunday or maybe Monday and collect a free chest. I didn't play with the long haul OP in mind, it is just a freebie along the way. Can't say I've ever finished it a second time in one week though. 

Bibo1GerUk #30 Posted 18 February 2019 - 08:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27029 battles
They should make it accumalative without a time restriction. No more than 2 crates a week but also no time limit so you can eventually unlock one. I play quite a bit but I can't seem to get 75 wins in a week. I could use some of the Op prems in tier 5 and 6 but where's the fun in that? But I guess that's what they want.

Edited by Bibo1GerUk, 18 February 2019 - 09:39 PM.

Remember, it's just a game!

My little Youtube channel aka YeOldeGamer: https://www.youtube....xVCaFCLg/videos

HomicidalApple0 #31 Posted 18 February 2019 - 08:50 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2919 battles
I feel like the wins are achievable without over doing yourself evencwith a life outside the game, butnstill the rewards for grinding 75 wins just seem really crapp

simseru #32 Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:15 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24211 battles
I dunno, I 10 wins away from getting both chests.

animatethant #33 Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 77527 battles

- gives people something to work towards while grinding or just playing the game.

- usually you get the minimal rewards which better than nothing.but once in awhile you get a significant  prize. You may get a premium tank and if it's a duplicate you get the equivalent gold which is awesome. 

Dr W0T #34 Posted 18 February 2019 - 10:07 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 49023 battles
People like me who play a lot.... Got a tank in the first commanders chest. Also its not hard to tell if you are on a winning team, if a bad team then I bail and move on to next game.

test777777 #35 Posted 19 February 2019 - 05:53 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11108 battles
  • [RSMOJ]

I'm glad that this is being discussed in the way that I intended it. Definitely not slighting WG or complaining. The reward is nice enough and would definitely add up but for most of us it would seem that the demands on time are too too great to push for it.

I thought there was something in relation to WG being able to transact Gold or Give Gold away due to MS/Sony politics and since these lootboxes do contain gold, that's a bit weird.  Loophole possibly with the loot boxes.

I didn't actually realise the OP was a weekly or ongoing/regular,

I've only ever noticed it at 4 days starting Friday night and ending Tuesday prior to time I get home from work but it may be, , it starts earlier, probably the wee hours of Thursday morning..  If I hadn't heard someone mention it, I wouldn't have known.  Nothing lost, nothing gained and happy for those who get something out of it.

I still don't really understand WGs angle though. There has to be some point for WG to go to the effort beyond satisfaction for the relative few who are able to get the most out of the OP. Perhaps there's more than just a few that typically complete these ops.  

Oddly, the Winter Ops are the opposite, very rewarding for minimal time investment and interestingly too, after completing those, the X2 XP bonus for any battles softens the blow of a below average losing rate.

Playing it safe

Catfishguy1977 #36 Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:19 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11854 battles

It's difficult for me but I've done it a few times. 

Putting aside how many hours a week anyone plays, it basically takes 600 games a month at 50% win rate to earn 1 box a week(150 games/week), or 500 games at 60% win rate.(125 games/week)

Those are tough numbers for most of us, both in # of games played and keeping a win rate. 

I look at this op as a reward for those thats play the most, it's not for everyone.

Mashed #37 Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:11 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 34764 battles

I just select the Op and see how far i get.  This week i managed 66 wins with the Op active.

I sometimes manage to complete it once, it's always a worst Loot Box with 150? gold and a boost or something.  It's really not worth putting any effort in, to be honest.

I once completed the Op twice in a week, it was when i was off work, maybe around Xmas time.

MashedIT | YouTube | Mixer |

You only help your team mates, because they cannot be shot at, if they are dead.

f1mitku #38 Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:39 AM

Major

• Players
  • 45995 battles

Last week I completed the whole Op (for 150 wins) and received 2 Commander's chests for 2 * 150 gold (plus some silver and boosts). Thus usually it doesn't worth the effort but it's still good to be always on... just in case. Anyway we already don't have other Ops to occupy the Ops 3 available slots.

Until now I've won 14 war chests from Long Haul Op in all its previous appearances. From them I've got 12 Commander's always with 150 gold (plus some silver or little FreeXp or boost)... and 2 General's war chests from which I've got 1 Premium day and one award that have payed for all the rest - Atomic premium tank for pretty good gold refund.

Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

Fishfood50 #39 Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:38 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 702 battles
Mostly due to the constant X2 and the fact I'm getting close to finishing every grind I had done both in 3 days last week. But playing excessively just for a crate is a bit silly, 30 plus crates in and I've had a little extra gold twice and one 950 gold tank. OH and they have all been commanders except one Generals, still I've made over 4000 gold in total and for someone who refuses to pay for a flawed game that makes a big difference.

Bibo1GerUk #40 Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:28 AM

Major

• Players
  • 27029 battles
So, I completed 1 Long Haul Op this morning with barely an hour left. Got 275 Gold and 6000 Free XP which was nice. But it definitely was a hard slog getting the last 20. I usually reach about 50 wins and then run out of time/skill/victories. I ended up basically running through the CKV1, Churchill 3 and other tier 5 tanks and when dieing not even waiting for the match to end (not yoloing) but leaving to jump into the next tank and match. On the other hand it did make me play lower tiers again, so there's that. But I still think it would be a better mode without the time constraint.

Edited by Bibo1GerUk, 19 February 2019 - 11:29 AM.

Remember, it's just a game!

My little Youtube channel aka YeOldeGamer: https://www.youtube....xVCaFCLg/videos

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users