Going after a Mercenary contract? collegial advice...

recommendation hints tips how to

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

P6X330 #1 Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:37 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15876 battles
  • [AMXS]

Before I begin, I want to state that at this point, I only have one Mercenary tank: The Tusk. I did not purchase any of the stages.

I am currently after the Stinger, stage VI, but I am not certain I will have the time to complete it. Anyway, I wanted to check my ability to play for specific parts of the contract.

Rule #1: go through each and every stage of the contract you want to enroll into;

-make sure you have all the tanks required to carry out the contract, before you start!

-make sure the XP requirement suits the time you have available to play, within the life span of the contract!

Rule #2: in stages with multiple requirements, always play for medals first, and leave the XP harvest for the end.

-rationale: some of the medals require a different game play than the usual, and maybe tough to get. Once you have bagged them, the XP comes by itself.

Rule #3: Use the best tanks for the job at hand!

-remember that boosts and operation's multipliers do not account in what XP you earn at each battle. But Premium tanks still earn you more XP than the non Premium ones.

Rule #4: Premium time helps in achieving the goal quicker!

-I have done parts of the Tusk operation without Premium time, and it is very tedious in terms of how much more time you need to spend in the game.

Rule #5: Discipline! create a spreadsheet that tracks progress versus time.

-it is very important, since you do not want to run out of time when in the last stage of the game. I created a spreadsheet that predicts how many XP I need to play for each day, based on the amount already accrued, the contract's end date, and the total amount required. Like this, I can play for the minimum required, and not worry about running out of time.

Rule #6: Emergency only! consider purchasing a stage if you have completed the XP harvest, but have been struggling for a particular medal.

-Set a date beyond which you will buy out the stage, to continue the progress.

-Corollary: bail out of the contract, and start another with different tanks. Personally, I failed to get a confederate medal with a Chinese medium tank, the single tank I had for that particular stage. I renounced to the contract. 

Rule #7: keep it fun! it is still a game, and do not make it a "Pride" thing without which life can't continue! there will always be other opportunities!

What did I miss? let me know, I will add it and give you credit for it!

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

Jope2209 #2 Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32654 battles

Looks like a part-time job. :sceptic:

I'd like to play without schedule or spreadsheet, thank you. Insane contracts like Tusk were condemned to failure right from the start. Grinding so much ''useless'' XP with tier X tanks is meaningless. Plus I will always remember MM breakdown when that contract was activated and french lights flooded the MM.

I've finished some contracts, but haven't played a single game with those tanks yet. I just don't see the point cause that XP doesn't add up to anything other than maybe another contract.

I'm curious to see requirements for Machine, they've said something about rebalancing it, because it was basically a whole year grind.

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, M7, T-50

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

Sammael85 #3 Posted 18 February 2019 - 05:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24914 battles
  • [FAC]
I'm surely more than afraid that The Machine is about to be the first year reward in the new op. schedule. Probably nerfed as well.

Some might say i'm not constructive enough... Too bad i'm actually a deconstructivist

Si eres español/hispano y te sientes aislado por WG, no estás solo: Hay un Batallón Exiliado dispuesto a ayudarte

Hear me ROAR!!!

P6X330 #4 Posted 18 February 2019 - 05:22 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15876 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostJope2209, on 18 February 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

I'd like to play without schedule or spreadsheet, thank you. Insane contracts like Tusk were condemned to failure right from the start. Grinding so much ''useless'' XP with tier X tanks is meaningless. Plus I will always remember MM breakdown when that contract was activated and french lights flooded the MM.

I've finished some contracts, but haven't played a single game with those tanks yet. I just don't see the point cause that XP doesn't add up to anything other than maybe another contract.

I'm curious to see requirements for Machine, they've said something about rebalancing it, because it was basically a whole year grind.

I understand that spreadsheets are not for everyone, and I respect that.

I did the Tusk just because I wanted to know if was able to meet all the requirements, I was self testing myself. Yes, there were some unforeseen consequences to the stage requirements, and specifically, the last stage, accessible to only two tanks!

However, I disagree with you on excessive XP farming. If WG was making it less strenuous, they would not get the hidden benefit. Invitation to play the game, and incentive to buy the stages, so there is a financial aspect. They still need to pay the bills!

Edited by P6X330, 18 February 2019 - 05:23 PM.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

P6X330 #5 Posted 18 February 2019 - 05:25 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15876 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostSammael85, on 18 February 2019 - 11:02 AM, said:

I'm surely more than afraid that The Machine is about to be the first year reward in the new op. schedule. Probably nerfed as well.

Nobody knows exactly what the contract will contain. On paper, "The Machine" is a very attractive tank to those who wants to have beasts vehicles. At least, on paper, it is.

Jope2209 #6 Posted 18 February 2019 - 05:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32654 battles

View PostP6X330, on 18 February 2019 - 05:22 PM, said:

However, I disagree with you on excessive XP farming. If WG was making it less strenuous, they would not get the hidden benefit. Invitation to play the game, and incentive to buy the stages, so there is a financial aspect. They still need to pay the bills!

Yes, but for that you need to make the reward to look appealing. Tusk is the worst tier X light tank, there is nothing it can do better than Sheridan or 13-105.

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, M7, T-50

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

Sammael85 #7 Posted 18 February 2019 - 07:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24914 battles
  • [FAC]

View PostP6X330, on 18 February 2019 - 06:25 PM, said:

Nobody knows exactly what the contract will contain. On paper, "The Machine" is a very attractive tank to those who wants to have beasts vehicles. At least, on paper, it is.

Well, it's known to have parts of heavy and medium tanks from britain, france and chzechoslovakia; so that could lend a precious hint IF they are going to release it on contract.

Some might say i'm not constructive enough... Too bad i'm actually a deconstructivist

Si eres español/hispano y te sientes aislado por WG, no estás solo: Hay un Batallón Exiliado dispuesto a ayudarte

Hear me ROAR!!!

dzhey43 #8 Posted 21 February 2019 - 08:26 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 29142 battles
  • [3EBC]
Rule 3 is ok, but sometimes it’s better to play tt tank to grind it along the contract, especially with bravo x2 now.
Spoiler

P6X330 #9 Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:18 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15876 battles
  • [AMXS]

View Postdzhey43, on 21 February 2019 - 02:26 AM, said:

Rule 3 is ok, but sometimes it’s better to play tt tank to grind it along the contract, especially with bravo x2 now.

Absolutely. I did not know that Bravo x2 worked for fulfilling Mercenary contracts. I thought not.

P6X330 #10 Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:21 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15876 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostJope2209, on 18 February 2019 - 11:26 AM, said:

Yes, but for that you need to make the reward to look appealing. Tusk is the worst tier X light tank, there is nothing it can do better than Sheridan or 13-105.

I am still in the discovery process with the Tusk. I would not be that categorical about it. My initial impression was it was as you described. But I am slowly warming to it, as I managed a couple of good games, with some high roll alpha. Now, I do not have the Sheridan, so that may also influence my perception.

P6X330 #11 Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:31 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15876 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostJope2209, on 18 February 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

I'd like to play without schedule or spreadsheet, thank you.

One of the perks of using a progress tracker, is to let you know how much more effort is required, allowing you to organize your time better.

So you can maybe grind the daily required XP for the contract, and do something else after.

Look at my example below;

I started Stage 8 yesterday, 21-Feb-2019; to complete the contract by the deadline, I had to farm a minimum of 17,520 XP. I accrued 29,071.

For today, I only have to farm 16,237. It is more an organizer than anything else.

Posted ImageStinger contract tracking sheet 22-Feb-2019

Edited by P6X330, 22 February 2019 - 09:31 PM.

TennisMan56 #12 Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:42 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30657 battles
  • [STDZ]
The bravo x2 does not work to fulfill the contract, but you still get double the xp for the tt tanks and can kill 2 birds with one stone. I did not have the amx 12t until I started the tusk contract buy stage 6 I had worked through to the amx 13-105.  Then used the sheridan and amx 13-105 to finish off the contract.

P6X330 #13 Posted 22 February 2019 - 11:37 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15876 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostTennisMan56, on 22 February 2019 - 04:42 PM, said:

The bravo x2 does not work to fulfill the contract, but you still get double the xp for the tt tanks and can kill 2 birds with one stone. I did not have the amx 12t until I started the tusk contract buy stage 6 I had worked through to the amx 13-105.  Then used the sheridan and amx 13-105 to finish off the contract.

Roger that!

I am currently alternatively playing my AMX's 50-100 and 65t towards the 50-120 and Mle 51. The Bravo X2 is appreciated...

TennisMan56 #14 Posted 23 February 2019 - 01:16 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30657 battles
  • [STDZ]

View PostP6X330, on 22 February 2019 - 11:37 PM, said:

Roger that!

I am currently alternatively playing my AMX's 50-100 and 65t towards the 50-120 and Mle 51. The Bravo X2 is appreciated...

Yes it is great for making the tt grind xp. Thanks WOT.

Also tagged with recommendation, hints, tips, how to

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users