PS4 Controller recurrent wear issue; left thumb stick in full forward position does not result in ma...

controllers issue PS4 Controllers damage speed thumb stick left thumb stick

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

P6X330 #1 Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:44 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 13102 battles
  • [AMXS]

I purchased my PS4 in 2017, with an extra controller.

Both of them have now that same problem, which I can verify by switching between cruise control and full forward.

I remember that I read a post from a player who was affected similarly, to which Max Chaos answered it may have been the controller, which turned out it was.

Since both mine have caught the debilitating disease, I am wondering if it is a known issue. It did not happen at the same time, the second one has exhibited the symptoms a few days ago.

Both these controllers have been submitted to a lot of abuse by the kids though.....

Edited by P6X330, 20 February 2019 - 06:46 PM.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

movado75 #2 Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:52 PM

Sergeant

• Supertest - PS4
  • 25478 battles
had the same problems just had to get  a 3rd one after getting a second one 4 months ago ive been suspecting others been  having this problem also

SlprSrvc #3 Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:39 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13536 battles
  • [SMOKN]

I've noticed this as well, as soon as I use cruise control the speed increases. I was in two minds as to thinking it could be a left thumb stick issue, but have been coming to the conclusion that it is an issue with the game.

If it was the controller, I would expect the overall sensitivity of the left thumb stick to be affected and not just the forward aspect of it, only started doing it with me in the last month or two.

P6X330 #4 Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:02 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 13102 battles
  • [AMXS]

It sounds like something that I am going to take up with Sony...

At least, I am going to make sure they acknowledge the problem, and give us the ability to correct it, if at all possible.

Question being, why does it only happen to the left stick, or does it only? maybe it also happens on the right, but we have no way to verify that it does.

At the very least, they need to give us a software tool, to test the response versus input from the controller.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

SlprSrvc #5 Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:37 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13536 battles
  • [SMOKN]

View PostP6X330, on 20 February 2019 - 09:02 PM, said:

Question being, why does it only happen to the left stick, or does it only? maybe it also happens on the right, but we have no way to verify that it does.

Would think you could change the control options so right stick controls the speed, then could test if it is a controller or game issue. Don't have my PS4 on just now but will try and look tomorrow.

choppermeir #6 Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:20 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8107 battles
  • [FILTH]
I'll be honest I'm still on my original PS4 controller that I bought a out a month after launch, I've seen a lot of issues with the controllers thumb sticks though so I think I've been lucky.

Come see me stream on twitch.tv/choppermeir you never know you might enjoy it.

YouTube as well https://www.youtube....user/me3614 

reviews and tips 

P6X330 #7 Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:21 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 13102 battles
  • [AMXS]

I am just off a chat with Sony support;

1) they are unaware of any issue affecting the left stick input versus output, or any issue for that matter.

2) they proposed to reset the controller, by using a paperclip to hold the reset button underneath next to the L2 trigger.

3) then reset your console

4) we are sorry for your inconvenience....

I asked if they could provide a tool on the PS4, so we can check the health of our controller. My request will be put on the list.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users