consumables damage

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

XT356 #1 Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 8855 battles
  • [WOOO]
Between consumables and the type of damage you take? For the life of me, I kept getting the worse luck last night. Gunner kept getting killed, so I change out the automatic fire extinguisher for first aid. Next match, set on fire, so I swap back. Next match, gunner got killed, swap back and forth until I had enough. Why is that?

"I will eat your unhappiness"

"Time... line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!"

"I hope you brought you wallet...cuz the rent in HELL gets paying in advance!"

Tempest fox3 #2 Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:22 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20075 battles
  • [JOCO]
Auto fire extinguisher reduces the chance of fire as a passive.

So yeah kinda.

Also depends what tank you were playing.

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

Browning x420x #3 Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:26 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 35659 battles
  • [RDY5]
.... quit running chocolate and or get rid your repair kit. problem solved.

Ronin Gaidin #4 Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:29 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 34035 battles
Passive bonuses for the three major Large Kits. Large Repair get you +10% to Repair speed, Large First Aid reduces chance that your crew gets injured in the first place, and Auto FE reduces chance that you get set on fire in the first place. That's why I run the Big Three on almost every tank I own these days - the passive bonuses alone are useful, and if I need to use them it spares me the trouble of working with that Repair Wheel. 

XT356 #5 Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 8855 battles
  • [WOOO]

Sorry, I meant to say is why does my tank suffers damaged unrelated to what consumables I am running. If I swap things around, then it starts over.

I also never run food. 

"Time... line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!"

XT356 #6 Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:34 PM

Major

• Players
  • 8855 battles
  • [WOOO]

View PostBrowning x420x, on 20 February 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

.... quit running chocolate and or get rid your repair kit. problem solved.

Is the chocolate supposed to be a jab at my mostly german tanks?

John-berg1995 #7 Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:16 AM

Major

• Players
  • 12362 battles
  • [CIA]
Auto fire extinguisher reduces the chance of fire by a pretty big margin. So why it's more expensive to run. You likely won't go up in flames.

XT356 #8 Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:50 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8855 battles
  • [WOOO]

View PostJohn-berg1995, on 20 February 2019 - 06:16 PM, said:

Auto fire extinguisher reduces the chance of fire by a pretty big margin. So why it's more expensive to run. You likely won't go up in flames.

Well, I got lit up twice twice in a row last night. If I wasnt set on fire, my gunner was killed, replace things, and then the opposite happened. It was a slow spiral into madness.

M4ntiX #9 Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:54 AM

Major

• Players
  • 27032 battles
  • [JOCO]

Are you running premium (large) consumables? Cause if so, then yes, it will definitely make a difference:

Premium Consumables
Purchased with Gold or Credits

LargeRepairkitIcon.png
Large Repair Kit 50 Gold or 20,000 Credits
While equipped, passively adds 10% to crew's field-repair speed. When used, the kit repairs all currently damaged modules until the end of battle when activated by the respective button. Repaired modules can still be damaged again after the repair, and the passive effect is lost during the cool down phase.

LargeMedkitIcon.png
Large First Aid Kit 50 Gold or 20,000 Credits
While equipped, provides 15% passive resistance to crew injury from penetrating hits. When used, heals all currently injured crew members until the end of battle when activated by the respective button. Healed crew members can still be re-injured or perish, and the passive effect is lost during the cool down phase.

AutoExtinguishersIcon.png
Automatic Fire Extinguisher 50 Gold or 20,000 Credits
Activates automatically 0.5 seconds after the tank catches fire and passively reduces the chance to catch fire by 10%.

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

SightlessRogue0 #10 Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:19 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18113 battles

View PostRonin Gaidin, on 20 February 2019 - 08:29 PM, said:

Passive bonuses for the three major Large Kits. Large Repair get you +10% to Repair speed, Large First Aid reduces chance that your crew gets injured in the first place, and Auto FE reduces chance that you get set on fire in the first place. That's why I run the Big Three on almost every tank I own these days - the passive bonuses alone are useful, and if I need to use them it spares me the trouble of working with that Repair Wheel. 

It's shocking to get burned but I prefer to take a second big repair kit because I use it more often than the fire extinguisher.

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

Xenith_Inc #11 Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:37 AM

Major

• Players
  • 6820 battles
Train pain tolerance and firefighting.

+++Generally found on PS4 EU server from 5 - 9pm CET+++

My YouTube Channel

XT356 #12 Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 8855 battles
  • [WOOO]

You guys arent getting what I am trying to get across. As soon as I take off the fire extinguisher for a match, I will be set on fire. I but if I put it back on and then my gunner will always get killed , thus making me regret taking the first aid off.

Its depressing to swap back and forth only for it to have no real impact. 

cydewaze #13 Posted 21 February 2019 - 02:08 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6728 battles
  • [ALSRN]

View PostXT356, on 21 February 2019 - 08:25 AM, said:

You guys arent getting what I am trying to get across. As soon as I take off the fire extinguisher for a match, I will be set on fire. I but if I put it back on and then my gunner will always get killed , thus making me regret taking the first aid off.

Auto Fire Extinguisher: Increases chance of crew injury by 20%

Large First Aid Kit: Increases chance of tank fire by 20%

I think that's what you were getting at ^^^

Certified Potato! 1 MOE: M6 - T29 - T32 - M103 - Tiger I - Tiger II - E75 - Stug III G

XT356 #14 Posted 21 February 2019 - 02:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 8855 battles
  • [WOOO]

View Postcydewaze, on 21 February 2019 - 08:08 AM, said:

Auto Fire Extinguisher: Increases chance of crew injury by 20%

Large First Aid Kit: Increases chance of tank fire by 20%

I think that's what you were getting at ^^^

Thats what it feels like. except it was more of a 80% in my case

M4ntiX #15 Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27032 battles
  • [JOCO]

So even though multiple people gave you a plausible answer to your predicament, you're still insisting it's a conspiracy?

Ok then... I give this thread 6/10 tinfoil hats. :)

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

OldRugger51 #16 Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:39 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19596 battles
  • [BAN-1]

View PostXT356, on 21 February 2019 - 08:25 AM, said:

What everyone is wondering is why you need to swap between the two? If you run the top three then you do not need to swap, but if you have another consumable, like food, then you are switching because you cannot run all three.

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world’s great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.”  ― Norman Maclean, A River Runs Through It

SightlessRogue0 #17 Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18113 battles

View PostXT356, on 21 February 2019 - 01:25 PM, said:

I understand, but I also understand that I thought the same thing as you and that I counted how many times I could burn in a party to prove the plot. In the end I did not burn so often that I believed it, it's just that it's so shocking every time our brains only remember these times.

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

Vorpallion #18 Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:53 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6292 battles
  • [ICC1]
Yes, if you are using large consumables, taking them off will literally make your tank more susceptible to damage. 

Just run one of each type, problem solved. 

Only in a couple tanks do I drop a fire extinguisher for a second repair kit (or food on some auto loaders). Don't do this in tanks with a front mounted engine or high chance of fire engine. 

Some tanks, like the 13-57, are basically entirely engine inside the hull. 

Pit Friend #19 Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:21 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32620 battles
  • [PTATO]

It’s called bad luck. I have the same sort of luck as every single game I try taking a FE off a tank for food, fuel, or a second Repair Kit I WILL be set on fire in the next game or so, even if Inhadn’t been set on fire in that tank the last 100 games. 

I asked an EOD man how he dealt with the stress of his job. 

He said he didn’t have any stress. Either he was right or else it became someone else’s problem. 

Also tagged with consumables, damage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users