Mercenaries MOE Skulls are OK Moar skulls are OKer

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

M4ntiX #1 Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:09 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23932 battles

Howdy tankers,

having recently three-marked the Spyglass while grinding a Stinger contract I have realized this was one of the most fun, yet at the same time challenging MOE quests i have ever embarked on.

So here's a question directed to the more experienced tankers that three mark tanks for breakfast. :)

In your opinion, are Merc tanks harder to three-mark than regular TT tanks and if so, why?

My theory is, because they come fully researched and with a trained crew that has at least one perk and/or skill, their initial MOE requirements are higher. What do you think? Did you also find them more challenging?

John Arrowsmith #2 Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 71642 battles

I'm no expert on the 3 mark situation but I'm certain  less people overall are playing the tanks giving the requirements a smaller margin.  

A few have seemed straight forward,   but a few have also been more luck based than skill, especially the longbomb.

This forum needs the Fake Marine

Snore,   the only person I know of that likes mushy peas in a taco with cinnamon sprinkles. 

scwirpeo #3 Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 39455 battles
  • [CRY]

With the low battle count on non prem mercs good players should be swinging the stats substantially upwards. (People chasing 3rd moe will be playing more battles)

Keep in mind alot of them are terrible. So that can also make the moe easy. Like on stubs.

MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

ThermalStone #4 Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29076 battles
  • [80085]

Some of them are so terrible that it's hard to have consistent games to move that damage standing forward.  In general, it's probably harder than tech tree tanks because the contracts are targeted towards more experienced players (you need a big garage to do multiple contracts) and there are no stock tanks bringing the numbers down.

I don't know how big a factor the crews are.  The skills they cone with usually aren't ideal and most players don't have a spare highly skilled crew to put in their new merc tanks.

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.

BrogueOne #5 Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:28 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 21873 battles
  • [ELDER]
I’m not one of those players who chases MoEs, but I do pay attention to my Damage Standing as a means to help gauge overall performance.  If I’m tracking at 1-1.5% per game I feel confident that I’m playing that tank at an average or better level; anything over 2% rise per game indicates I’m performing above average.  If I check the Damage Standing against the Wotinfo stats I nearly always find those assumptions are correct.  That being said, I find the Mercenaries track along the same expectations as regular nation tanks and have been earning my first MoEs on them between 50-70 games.

XT356 #6 Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:30 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 7228 battles
  • [SCRBS]

I have yet to get an MOE on any of them. Damn achievement. 

On a side note, the merc camos are pretty cool actually. 

Edited by XT356, 20 February 2019 - 09:37 PM.

"I will eat your unhappiness"

"Time... line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!"

"I hope you brought you wallet...cuz the rent in HELL gets paying in advance!"

Vorpallion #7 Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:41 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6003 battles
  • [ICC1]
Don't less than 1% of players have the claim of actually completing a mercenary contract? You might be competing not against the playerbase at large but instead the very most dedicated (which at least slightly correlates to skill) segment of the playerbase. 

AnonymousHobo69 #8 Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:46 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35739 battles
  • [KMD]

The Cruncher wasn't a bad three MOE at all:

Spoiler

LignoTestudon #9 Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:40 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5653 battles
  • [CNUT]

View PostAnonymousHobo69, on 20 February 2019 - 06:46 PM, said:

Spoiler

Great work. You actually earned 3 marks on your Cruncher? Great work.

M4ntiX #10 Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:46 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23932 battles

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 20 February 2019 - 09:16 PM, said:

I'm no expert on the 3 mark situation but I'm certain  less people overall are playing the tanks giving the requirements a smaller margin.  

A few have seemed straight forward,   but a few have also been more luck based than skill, especially the longbomb.

If anyone here is an expert, it's you John. Your three marking achievements may be used as a benchmark for others, tbh. I don't know how you do it...

Less people, higher averages. Yup, makes sense.

View Postscwirpeo, on 20 February 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

With the low battle count on non prem mercs good players should be swinging the stats substantially upwards. (People chasing 3rd moe will be playing more battles)

Keep in mind alot of them are terrible. So that can also make the moe easy. Like on stubs.

I agree, there is still very few Mercs on the battlefield comparing to regular TT tanks.

View PostThermalStone, on 20 February 2019 - 09:27 PM, said:

Some of them are so terrible that it's hard to have consistent games to move that damage standing forward.  In general, it's probably harder than tech tree tanks because the contracts are targeted towards more experienced players (you need a big garage to do multiple contracts) and there are no stock tanks bringing the numbers down.

I don't know how big a factor the crews are.  The skills they cone with usually aren't ideal and most players don't have a spare highly skilled crew to put in their new merc tanks.

Some of them are terrible, that's true. But I only play the good ones. Spyglass is definitely one of the more enjoyable Mercs and it's a keeper. I even like its looks.

As far as more experienced players completing contracts and raising the bar... Well... KNT completed a few of them, so I don't buy it. ;)

View PostBrogueOne, on 20 February 2019 - 09:28 PM, said:

I’m not one of those players who chases MoEs, but I do pay attention to my Damage Standing as a means to help gauge overall performance. If I’m tracking at 1-1.5% per game I feel confident that I’m playing that tank at an average or better level; anything over 2% rise per game indicates I’m performing above average. If I check the Damage Standing against the Wotinfo stats I nearly always find those assumptions are correct. That being said, I find the Mercenaries track along the same expectations as regular nation tanks and have been earning my first MoEs on them between 50-70 games.

I think you would find a difference if you'd go over 80% MOE. At least that's where the difficult steps started for me. I am sure for better players that threshold may be higher or even non-existent.

View PostXT356, on 20 February 2019 - 09:30 PM, said:

Well, if you have the Spyglass, run it with food, optics, binocs and vents for a few battles and you'll get it no time. It's a decent active and passive spotter this.

I agree, camos are awesome.

View PostVorpallion, on 20 February 2019 - 11:41 PM, said:

Don't less than 1% of players have the claim of actually completing a mercenary contract? You might be competing not against the playerbase at large but instead the very most dedicated (which at least slightly correlates to skill) segment of the playerbase. 

Yeah, something like that. So again, it's the low numbers that raise the average. Makes sense.

View PostAnonymousHobo69, on 20 February 2019 - 11:46 PM, said:

Spoiler

Sexy!

PS. I am a little disappointed nobody appreciated nor commented on the artistic effort that went into making that spiffy collage. (not really, my phone did it for me but I really dig that winter camo) :P

AnonymousHobo69 #11 Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:29 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35739 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostLignoTestudon, on 20 February 2019 - 06:40 PM, said:

Great work. You actually earned 3 marks on your Cruncher? Great work.

Thank you

The Turkey Tank #12 Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:36 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 31264 battles
  • [IMTLZ]
the Turtle was pretty easy to 3 mark I thought, but maybe more people have it since it was a premium 

WN8:4100   Twitch   My Youtube  LTTB Guide  Ru 251 Guide Batchat 25t.

Signature by Desyatnik Pansy General Scout Tips & Tricks

BigZoomBear #13 Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:42 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 48954 battles
Shame we don't have MoEs on tier IVs, the Bucket and Roundabout are my fave mercs. The Plaguebringer is ok too I guess but I'm seeing way too many tier 8 games in it.

"It's all about the K/D ratio." - Rommel;  "Winning matters, not WN8" - Churchill;

"MoEs are worthless if your win rate is below 60%" - Montgomery

3 MoEs: Hellcat, Knight, ELC (100%), T67 (100%), T-50, Archer, SU-85I

M4ntiX #14 Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:47 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23932 battles

View PostThe Turkey Tank, on 21 February 2019 - 01:36 AM, said:

the Turtle was pretty easy to 3 mark I thought, but maybe more people have it since it was a premium 

Hi Turkey Tank!

How awesome of you to have stopped by. Just so you know, I'm a huge fan and you're one of the reasons I have improved my game play to the point that would allow me to create a thread like this in the first place, i.e. three-mark a light tank. :)

So, thanks for the awesome games you've uploaded and tutorials you wrote. They were of immense help and they've made me a better light tanker. 100% respect, man.

Sadly, I do not own the Turtle nor do I see it very often in battle, but it doesn't surprise me when you say the 3rd MOE was easy... Was there ever a tough one...?

M4ntiX #15 Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:49 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23932 battles

View PostBigZoomBear, on 21 February 2019 - 01:42 AM, said:

Shame we don't have MoEs on tier IVs, the Bucket and Roundabout are my fave mercs. The Plaguebringer is ok too I guess but I'm seeing way too many tier 8 games in it.

If MOEs were introduced to lower tiers, this would only promote further seal-clubbing. I am glad they exist on tiers V and up. At least here players have *some* experience and are able to defend themselves.

deadman1921 #16 Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:58 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 24937 battles
  • [-STO-]
Congrats. Best looking MoE’s I think.

I only have one on poor little Stubbs.

Running 1-1.5/match so far on the others.

Too many new tanks to play to chase though.

Congrats again!

Soldiers of the One/ #GlenIsOurs

The Turkey Tank #17 Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:59 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 31264 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostM4ntiX, on 20 February 2019 - 08:47 PM, said:

Hi Turkey Tank!

How awesome of you to have stopped by. Just so you know, I'm a huge fan and you're one of the reasons I have improved my game play to the point that would allow me to create a thread like this in the first place, i.e. three-mark a light tank. :)

So, thanks for the awesome games you've uploaded and tutorials you wrote. They were of immense help and they've made me a better light tanker. 100% respect, man.

Sadly, I do not own the Turtle nor do I see it very often in battle, but it doesn't surprise me when you say the 3rd MOE was easy... Was there ever a tough one...?

thanks and yeah, the STB-1 and TVP (before the nerfs) were kind of difficult 

WN8:4100   Twitch   My Youtube  LTTB Guide  Ru 251 Guide Batchat 25t.

Signature by Desyatnik Pansy General Scout Tips & Tricks

M4ntiX #18 Posted 21 February 2019 - 02:10 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23932 battles

View Postdeadman1921, on 21 February 2019 - 01:58 AM, said:

Congrats. Best looking MoE’s I think.

I only have one on poor little Stubbs.

Running 1-1.5/match so far on the others.

Too many new tanks to play to chase though.

Congrats again!

Thank you and congrats on 3-marking the Stubbs. It's one of the Mercs I will not be getting, unfortunately.

Yeah, the skulls are OK I guess. I like them in combination with the camo, they do look pretty bada$$.

View PostThe Turkey Tank, on 21 February 2019 - 01:59 AM, said:

thanks and yeah, the STB-1 and TVP (before the nerfs) were kind of difficult 

Ah, both tier X's. It will be a while before I attempt marking any of those. I will stick to the "easy" stuff for now.. :)

fozfactor #19 Posted 21 February 2019 - 02:20 AM

Major

• Players
  • 57340 battles
Very nice work dude. I'm sure the upcoming 3rd mark on my BB will make me persona non grata to some but ce la vie. Maybe the 3rd Jammer mark will make up for it?  :bajan:

Shockwave IIC #20 Posted 21 February 2019 - 08:46 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16247 battles
  • [47R]

View PostXT356, on 20 February 2019 - 09:30 PM, said:

Same, and I'm not exactly a stranger to MoE's either....

Chaffee ***, M10 Wolverine ***, Hellcat **, Fury **, Easy 8 ***, M6 ***, T29 ***, T71 **, T69 **, Comet I IT34 **, T34 85 ** T150 ***, KV4 **, VK30.01D III III III, VK30.02D III III, Tiger P III III,

Signature by METALHELLIONx84 http://forum-console...our-average-joe

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users