You lose silver in War Stories

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Haukkis #1 Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34205 battles
Nothin new but decided to post this anyway. Ever since Wargaming nerfed War Stories xp and silver income in update 4.8, you lose silver with tier 8, 9 and 10, even if you have premium time. I think that's not fair. Why they make this game mode and advertise it heavily and then nerf the hell out of it so nowone wants to play it anymore? You shouldn't lose silver in War Stories.  Wargaming, please make War Stories relevant and enjoyable experience once again...

pingwrx #2 Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24071 battles
  • [REDIT]

View PostHaukkis, on 21 February 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

Nothin new but decided to post this anyway. Ever since Wargaming nerfed War Stories xp and silver income in update 4.8, you lose silver with tier 8, 9 and 10, even if you have premium time. I think that's not fair. Why they make this game mode and advertise it heavily and then nerf the hell out of it so nowone wants to play it anymore? You shouldn't lose silver in War Stories.  Wargaming, please make War Stories relevant and enjoyable experience once again...

Not if you play a premium tank.

Haukkis #3 Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 34205 battles

View Postpingwrx, on 22 February 2019 - 12:46 AM, said:

Not if you play a premium tank.

Thanks, Captain Obvious... :p

HomicidalApple0 #4 Posted 22 February 2019 - 01:34 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2919 battles
I’m sure people abused it and ran train on the bots with higher tier tanks to gain xp on TT tanks so now you atleast losecsilver in the process. Atleast that’d be my guess

aegisbm #5 Posted 26 February 2019 - 06:09 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 12959 battles

View PostHomicidalApple0, on 22 February 2019 - 01:34 AM, said:

I’m sure people abused it and ran train on the bots with higher tier tanks to gain xp on TT tanks so now you atleast losecsilver in the process. Atleast that’d be my guess

How is using war stories to gain XP on TT tanks "abusing it" ? It was not like an exploit or a bug, the bots match tiers with whatever tank you use plus the AI gets very cheap sometimes also you have to finish the missions in challenge mode to be worth your time which means no HP and Ammo pick ups among other constrains, I believe that some high tier tanks gave a bit too much silver so I understand a nerf was needed but to such a colossal degree that now you cant play the mode even for fun without losing tons of silver seems counterproductive, might as well remove the whole mode because now is almost pointless, for me it was a much needed respite from the drama and RNG lunacy of random battles but I guess they do not want people to play outside Multiplayer

Scientia Potentia Est

Albapfalzd3 #6 Posted 27 February 2019 - 02:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22477 battles

The problem with using the higher tier tanks in War Stories is not just the cost of the ammo but the amounts you have to use. You do a lot of shooting in War Story Missions and when using the upper tier tanks the cost of the ammo is very high and then on top of that the silver payout is terrible so yeah you are going to lose silver, even with a Premium account. And then to add insult to injury a lot of tanks carry so little ammo you cannot win with out picking up ammo pick ups which negates the Challenge Mode so even less silver.  I still play them every now and again, usually after I get sick of being on crappy teams and losing repeatedly. 

Roy

pilotguy79 #7 Posted 05 March 2019 - 06:29 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 17670 battles
  • [LIP]

View PostHaukkis, on 21 February 2019 - 10:30 PM, said:

Try using stock guns. I did and I manage to earn silver. Or use HE if you have a troll gun option or you have a gun capable of effective damage with HE.

PoopStopsHere #8 Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:19 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29595 battles
  • [PCP]
Most use tier 8 premium tanks so they don't lose silver.  Playing tech tree tanks you'll probably lose, break even or gain a little silver.

sulla1111 #9 Posted 10 March 2019 - 04:24 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13482 battles

View PostPoopStopsHere, on 06 March 2019 - 05:19 AM, said:

Most use tier 8 premium tanks so they don't lose silver.  Playing tech tree tanks you'll probably lose, break even or gain a little silver.

Heh, that makes war stories effectively ‘pay to play’. The law of unintended consequences at work.

P6X330 #10 Posted 10 March 2019 - 05:00 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15915 battles
  • [AMXS]

View PostHaukkis, on 21 February 2019 - 04:30 PM, said:

It is the same in Proving Grounds; those were conceived to help new players to learn to handle their tanks better. And to start them up in the World of Tank careers.

I recently started from scratch on an Xbox 360 that I had purchased a long time ago when they came out.

Playing War Stories is actually working quite well when you have almost no tanks, and no battles. You get free XP, tanks, premium days.

But it ends once you turn the corner and start to have more tanks.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users