• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

test777777 #1 Posted 24 February 2019 - 08:20 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11092 battles
  • [RSMOJ]

Hi folks

I’ve been watching a TV series on YouTube called Tank Overhaul. It’s very interesting. Just finished episode 2 which features a 1944ish Panther tank pulled from a polish river back in 1990. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_Overhaul

While each episode does focus on a particular tank restoration project, it doesn’t purely focus on the drama of the restoration but there are elements of that plus it provides some very interesting insight into the tanks their history(both specific vehicles story plus general vehicles of same model), comparative effectiveness during the war, tank specs, impact on war, and future designs, tear down highlighting design elements plus insight into restoration method and tools. 

Not technically heavy but interesting to me as a layman and someone with a general interest in WW2 military history and tanks.

Playing it safe

choppermeir #2 Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:49 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 8219 battles
  • [FILTH]
Wow that's an old programme, didn't realise it was on YouTube. It was on discovery channel originally. The lads restoring the Comet are in the Isle of Wight and it's a cracking little museum they have, went a few years a go and the display the do in their arena is good fun 

Come see me stream on twitch.tv/choppermeir you never know you might enjoy it.

YouTube as well https://www.youtube....user/choppermeir

reviews and tips 

test777777 #3 Posted 24 February 2019 - 11:17 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11092 battles
  • [RSMOJ]

View Postchoppermeir, on 24 February 2019 - 06:49 PM, said:

Wow that's an old programme, didn't realise it was on YouTube. It was on discovery channel originally. The lads restoring the Comet are in the Isle of Wight and it's a cracking little museum they have, went a few years a go and the display the do in their arena is good fun 

yep about a decade old,.. :) 

Playing it safe

grayman2908 #4 Posted 24 February 2019 - 11:34 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12484 battles
I love them restoration programmes and ww1, ww2 discovery's. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users