Jump to content


AMX 13 57 needs a buff

French Light Tank AMX 13 57 Premium Tank

  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

DevilishCobra07 #1 Posted 24 February 2019 - 09:58 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 16893 battles
  • 16
  • [-THT-]
  • Member since:
    02-10-2016
Lets start off with a Ammo Swap with APCR as Standard and HEAT as Gold.  Also can we get a Pen and Damage buff, but by doing so drop the shot count to 6.  There are other Light Tanks that can out perform it like the AMX Chaffee, Lycan and the AfulPanther.  I've seen Quicky Baby's video bout it and indeed it needs buffs to fight off Tier 9 Tanks that's included of the Heavy Armored HTs like the Type 4 and such, esp if you're the only Light Tank that would also fight Tier's 8 and 9 that can hit you harder than your 7s.

Sammael85 #2 Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:28 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 25577 battles
  • 5,096
  • [FAC]
  • Member since:
    08-20-2015

Of course, one of the best Premium Light tanks in Tier 7 needs a buff because it's not good enough. It has the best DpM shared with the Type 62 with way better mobility, a nimblier chassis which results on better camo values (and a smaller gun helping in the same issue), and even better gun handling. But still needs a buff because the most popular moron on YouTube says it. And when the king of the Muppets talks... :rolleyes:

 

About the tanks you compare with, the AMX Chaffee lacks some HP in comparison but it still sits on the media of HP per tier, The Lycan had a terrible nerf in ground resistance and it's actually a Tier 7.5 which means that it's more likely to be paired with 8's and 9's than with 7's. And the AufsklarungPanzer actually has their particular ginormeous chassis and not way more than that.

If you see yourself underperforming in the 13 57 it's your own fault. Check out how actual good players use it and try yourself to put that same on practice. Still, i don't think that you're actually doing it THAT bad on it...


 

 


moeggsy #3 Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:37 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 31132 battles
  • 582
  • [GRUMP]
  • Member since:
    02-22-2016
Its beautiful the way it is. 

Blossomy_Hippo #4 Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:51 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 7576 battles
  • 501
  • [ALPI]
  • Member since:
    12-10-2015
it's better than the 13 75, so no.

*PS4 Stats*

 

 

 


ATHFjman18 #5 Posted 24 February 2019 - 11:28 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 18647 battles
  • 7,444
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

Meh I’d say it doesn’t need a buff. It’s a stronger tank than the 13-75 or AMX Chaffee. 

 

I do wish the shell count would get buffed from 72 to 80, as the AP can bounce a bit, but I can probably mitigate that by just adding a clip more of APCR over AP. 



Speedster202 #6 Posted 24 February 2019 - 11:43 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 15916 battles
  • 92
  • Member since:
    02-15-2014

The 13 57 does not need a buff. It has great camo values, good mobility, and a gun that can tear enemys to shred(provided you pen them).

Just because QB says something needs a buff doesn't mean it does. Play the tank right and it is easily one of the most dangerous vehicles on your team.


I make YouTube videos on WoT Console

Link: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber 

 


SirDerp-a-lot #7 Posted 24 February 2019 - 11:47 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 55778 battles
  • 8,454
  • [GER_1]
  • Member since:
    05-15-2016

View PostDevilishCobra07, on 24 February 2019 - 10:58 PM, said:

Lets start off with a Ammo Swap with APCR as Standard and HEAT as Gold.  Also can we get a Pen and Damage buff, but by doing so drop the shot count to 6. There are other Light Tanks that can out perform it like the AMX Chaffee, Lycan and the AfulPanther. I've seen Quicky Baby's video bout it and indeed it needs buffs to fight off Tier 9 Tanks that's included of the Heavy Armored HTs like the Type 4 and such, esp if you're the only Light Tank that would also fight Tier's 8 and 9 that can hit you harder than your 7s.

 

The tank is fine, does not need a buff.

 

I have to say it's irritating that you want to take away it's awesome gun. Why don't you just pick another AMX 13 if you don't like this one?



SirDerp-a-lot #8 Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:11 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 55778 battles
  • 8,454
  • [GER_1]
  • Member since:
    05-15-2016

View PostSammael85, on 24 February 2019 - 11:28 PM, said:

Of course, one of the best Premium Light tanks in Tier 7 needs a buff because it's not good enough. It has the best DpM shared with the Type 62 with way better mobility, a nimblier chassis which results on better camo values (and a smaller gun helping in the same issue), and even better gun handling.

 

Not even close. The Dragon is 10 % better, the Aufklärungspanther is more than 30 % better.

 

It's still decent for an autoloader though.

 

View PostSammael85, on 24 February 2019 - 11:28 PM, said:

The Lycan had a terrible nerf in ground resistance and it's actually a Tier 7.5 which means that it's more likely to be paired with 8's and 9's than with 7's.

 

7.5? It essentially a tier VIII PMM, and does not see battle tier VII.

 

View PostSammael85, on 24 February 2019 - 11:28 PM, said:

And the AufsklarungPanzer actually has their particular ginormeous chassis and not way more than that.

 

Wait what? It has the best DPM of its class, best view range of its class, very good accuracy and penetration and a lot of hit points. On paper, I'd say it's the best tier VII scout in the game.



Sammael85 #9 Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:26 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 25577 battles
  • 5,096
  • [FAC]
  • Member since:
    08-20-2015

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 25 February 2019 - 01:11 AM, said:

 

Not even close. The Dragon is 10 % better, the Aufklärungspanther is more than 30 % better.

 

It's still decent for an autoloader though.

 

 

7.5? It essentially a tier VIII PMM, and does not see battle tier VII.

 

 

Wait what? It has the best DPM of its class, best view range of its class, very good accuracy and penetration and a lot of hit points. On paper, I'd say it's the best tier VII scout in the game.

 

Point per point:

1: The Type 62/Dragon has several good points, a Soviet wise 85mm with a good punch for every 5 seconds being it's better thing, but sure mobility is a bit lackluster in comparison making it way more like a medium. the 13 57 is more versatile as a true light tank, both passive and specially active. Something the Aufs. could achieve as well if it wasn't a Megachonker in comparison.

 

2: It hasn't supossed to BUT can actually see Tier VII battles. One or two per 100 battles but there it is, i've been in that exact number of battles as Top Tier with it and there's more reported cases as well. One has just to be extremely lucky with the MM.

3: The 13 57 and the Type 62 have actually better view range (by 10 mere meters) better accuracy specially on the move, and along with the DpM difference (1904 for the Aufs., 1906 for the 13 57, and 2047 for the Type), way more better penetration specially considering standard ammo which puts any supossed Aufs. advantage on shambles. Sure the Aufs. has both more armor and HP, better acceleration due to a better power to weight ratio (it has a whooping 900Hp engine in comparison with the chinese 430Hp barbecue and the lacklusting french 250Hp number wise) as long as a better aim time than both tanks, but there it is.


 

 


atwilliams07 #10 Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:57 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 30168 battles
  • 210
  • Member since:
    03-25-2017

View PostDevilishCobra07, on 25 February 2019 - 07:58 AM, said:

Lets start off with a Ammo Swap with APCR as Standard and HEAT as Gold.  Also can we get a Pen and Damage buff, but by doing so drop the shot count to 6.  There are other Light Tanks that can out perform it like the AMX Chaffee, Lycan and the AfulPanther.  I've seen Quicky Baby's video bout it and indeed it needs buffs to fight off Tier 9 Tanks that's included of the Heavy Armored HTs like the Type 4 and such, esp if you're the only Light Tank that would also fight Tier's 8 and 9 that can hit you harder than your 7s.

 

It’s fine as it is.  Just needs a slightly different play style to some other lights, due to it’s relatively poor speed, but when used properly it’s a devastating tank.



SirDerp-a-lot #11 Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:19 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 55778 battles
  • 8,454
  • [GER_1]
  • Member since:
    05-15-2016

View PostSammael85, on 25 February 2019 - 01:26 AM, said:

1: The Type 62/Dragon has several good points, a Soviet wise 85mm with a good punch for every 5 seconds being it's better thing, but sure mobility is a bit lackluster in comparison making it way more like a medium. the 13 57 is more versatile as a true light tank, both passive and specially active. Something the Aufs. could achieve as well if it wasn't a Megachonker in comparison.

 

Not sure what I should make of your response. I was merely commenting on your claim about the 13 57's DPM.

 

View PostSammael85, on 25 February 2019 - 01:26 AM, said:

2: It hasn't supossed to BUT can actually see Tier VII battles. One or two per 100 battles but there it is, i've been in that exact number of battles as Top Tier with it and there's more reported cases as well. One has just to be extremely lucky with the MM.

 

First, which data points do you record about each games? How many games did you record for the Lycan, and how many games of each tier did you see?

 

Second, I don't really care about fringe cases coming up in 1 % of cases. That's not a reasonable basis for a vehicle buff.

 

Third, I don't know that battle tier VIII games necessarily have to have a tier VIII tank in them.

 

View PostSammael85, on 25 February 2019 - 01:26 AM, said:

3: The 13 57 and the Type 62 have actually better view range (by 10 mere meters) better accuracy specially on the move, and along with the DpM difference (1904 for the Aufs., 1906 for the 13 57, and 2047 for the Type), way more better penetration specially considering standard ammo which puts any supossed Aufs. advantage on shambles. Sure the Aufs. has both more armor and HP, better acceleration due to a better power to weight ratio (it has a whooping 900Hp engine in comparison with the chinese 430Hp barbecue and the lacklusting french 250Hp number wise) as long as a better aim time than both tanks, but there it is.

 

You have a lot of your data wrong. All of it really.

 

  • View range for the Aufklärungspanther is 400 m, the 13 57 and the Type 62 have 390 m.
  • Accuracy for the Aufklärungspanther is 0.34, the other two have 0.37. The 13 57 also has to take a substantial DPM hit to fully aim shots at medium or long distance.
  • Penetration is 157/221 for the Aufklärungspanther, 143/195 for the 13 57 and 145/220 for the Type 62.
  • The Aufklärungspanther has a DPM of 2383, the 13 57 has an even 1800, the Type 62 has 1964.

 

So in summary, the Aufklärungspanther has

  • The best view range in class.
  • The best DPM in class.
  • Most accurate gun in class, with the second best aim time.
  • Second highest penetration in class, only beaten by a tiny amount (2/9) by the WZ, which has two thirds of its DPM
  • Best armor in class
  • Most hit points in class
  • Best weight in class

 

It's actually not my favorite, not even my second favorite, but that's not a reason to ignore its fantastic stats.

 

(Note: I don't consider the Lycan to be a tier VII for this comparison.)



Vorpallion #12 Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:58 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 6557 battles
  • 362
  • [ICC1]
  • Member since:
    02-09-2016
The only thing the 13 57 needs is a massive cost reduction in the premium round. (actually I think almost all 57mm premium rounds have this problem). Something that does 80 damage should not be costing half as much as a round that does 800 damage (slight exaggeration for effect))

SpeedyCZECH #13 Posted 02 April 2019 - 07:23 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 20452 battles
  • 68
  • [CSTD2]
  • Member since:
    10-10-2014
Buff? Why? I think its very funny tank. 8 shell reloaded in 15 second. Its not camper tank. AMX CHAFFE need HP buff. 

rick007cmx1 #14 Posted 02 April 2019 - 08:15 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 58268 battles
  • 2,554
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostSammael85, on 24 February 2019 - 04:28 PM, said:

Of course, one of the best Premium Light tanks in Tier 7 needs a buff because it's not good enough. It has the best DpM shared with the Type 62 with way better mobility, a nimblier chassis which results on better camo values (and a smaller gun helping in the same issue), and even better gun handling. But still needs a buff because the most popular moron on YouTube says it. And when the king of the Muppets talks... :rolleyes:

 

About the tanks you compare with, the AMX Chaffee lacks some HP in comparison but it still sits on the media of HP per tier, The Lycan had a terrible nerf in ground resistance and it's actually a Tier 7.5 which means that it's more likely to be paired with 8's and 9's than with 7's. And the AufsklarungPanzer actually has their particular ginormeous chassis and not way more than that.

If you see yourself underperforming in the 13 57 it's your own fault. Check out how actual good players use it and try yourself to put that same on practice. Still, i don't think that you're actually doing it THAT bad on it...

DPM? Lol! DPM. DPM assumes the shots pen.



wake_the_move #15 Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:33 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 11152 battles
  • 300
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

The only thing I could wish for is a significant engine buff. The 13 57 could use some better acceleration. More importantly it loses way too much velocity when going uphill. Using high octane fuel does not really make a difference here. Unlike the Aufklärungspanther the 13 57 is meant to be a flanking harasser, not a sniper. So being able to retain speed is of the essence. Top speed is fine.

 

The equally tiered AMX 13 75 sports 300/400 horsepower options. The AMX Chaffee even got 560 horsepower. Upping the 13 57‘s engine to 320-350 horsepower shouldn‘t be too much to ask for.

 

edit: Well, I also second the argument about cheaper prammo for it.



Waka-Waka-Waka-W #16 Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:47 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27732 battles
  • 167
  • [B_H_D]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2016
After complaining about the rhe french light line which I still stand on reload times are the only thing need tweaking just little faster by little faster I don't mean 20 secs maybe 5-9 secs on some packages or increase pen on others . Other then that they have great speed manuvabilty turret  traverse , camo rating,  ect ect the tank you want to buff already exceeds in these areas. An to player said the dragon 10% better do you even have any these tanks yes the dragon is a Good tank but the ground resistance alone knocks it out of competition with the French lights where it catches fire non stop the French tanks get ammo racked if you say perk off roading it still will not contend with the French lights an then I say to you, if you compare perks skills then you most have that same skill perk on both tanks to compare. Yes I like my dragon the fires an little long on reload but hey at least it fires faster then the ltg.  Faster then ltg but has less manuvabilty due to ground resistance.  Were as the French line exceeds in these aspects .

wake_the_move #17 Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:38 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 11152 battles
  • 300
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015
 

View PostWaka-Waka-Waka-W, on 16 April 2019 - 01:47 AM, said:

After complaining about the rhe french light line which I still stand on reload times are the only thing need tweaking just little faster by little faster I don't mean 20 secs maybe 5-9 secs on some packages or increase pen on others . Other then that they have great speed manuvabilty turret traverse , camo rating, ect ect the tank you want to buff already exceeds in these areas. An to player said the dragon 10% better do you even have any these tanks yes the dragon is a Good tank but the ground resistance alone knocks it out of competition with the French lights where it catches fire non stop the French tanks get ammo racked if you say perk off roading it still will not contend with the French lights an then I say to you, if you compare perks skills then you most have that same skill perk on both tanks to compare. Yes I like my dragon the fires an little long on reload but hey at least it fires faster then the ltg. Faster then ltg but has less manuvabilty due to ground resistance. Were as the French line exceeds in these aspects .

It seems you are mistaking the AMX 13 57 for another French tank. The AMX has a rather quick reload time. 16 seconds, if I recall right. Not including vents, BoA, and strong coffee. Reducing it by another 5-9 seconds would make this getting totally out of hand. The 250 HP engine however hurts it a lot.



Waka-Waka-Waka-W #18 Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:46 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27732 battles
  • 167
  • [B_H_D]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2016
Your set up with those consumables make the tank a fast attack vechile not a light scout tank, I suggest using your tank as a scout vechile first view range  either moving binocular,  or sitting still telescopic binoculars,  with camo , camo perk,silent driving,then throw in maybe snap shot,or addition grouse,  maybe vent or gas but your main mod is not dmg 7nless necessary. But play as a fast attack tank your really hurting  your team. But that is the nice thing about this game you play your tank the way you want.
     I am only giving you suggestions on how to play that style tank.
  I had to set up the Russian tier7 ltg more and a attack vech because its poor view range so I put telescopic bionics camo camo gear silent driving off road add I nvr had a use before even gas because the ground resistance is terrible.  With the gas the tank becomes ungainly fast an turns so fast I often run into walls lol.
   Like I previously said each tank is diffrent

wake_the_move #19 Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:10 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 11152 battles
  • 300
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

Since when can a light tank not be both, scout and flanker? 60 kph may not be the best, but it makes you flexible enough. Your suggestion does not work with the 13 57. It may work on the M41 90mm or the Aufklärungspanther for example, where you got an adequately penetrating, accurate and damaging gun for that. And as a flanker you do not hurt your team in any way when you know when to strike. 

 

Silent driving is useless on most light tanks as they got the same camo rating, stationary or moving alike. Check the tank stats for further information. The Russian LTG for sure keeps it‘s camo rating while moving.

 

My setup with the 13 57 is vents, stab, and coated optics. That‘s pretty much standard on this vehicle.



Waka-Waka-Waka-W #20 Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:45 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27732 battles
  • 167
  • [B_H_D]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2016
I gave you my opinion  as to why not give it another buff , but like you if I think I have a good point it will be hard to change my mind. This is not an insult but just to say if you think it is something you are right about keep up points an W G  an others might start to agree an get the changes you suggest




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users