bounty success operation event

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

P6X330 #1 Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:54 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 13133 battles
  • [AMXS]

I have not made a precise count, but I have played more than 150 battles as a bounty this week-end.

The feed-back I heard was all the players liked the idea, and suggested to have a special camouflage as a global reward for destroying a bounty tank.

On Friday and Saturday, and even today, I found some players unaware of why one tank was highlighted in yellow.

In all these battles, I only twice had an alter ego in the red team, and only today! so maybe next time, we need to have more bounties? many of the players actually told me they wished there were more.

@TanksForNothing

I saw some bounty players playing like absolute morons..from full cruise control yoloing in front of 10 guns in the first minute of the game..to the polar opposite of full hp camping the corner of the base till whole team was dead. If WG is going to do the bounty thing more often i really hope they select more competent players. Who actually care about playing well and make it an actual challenge to kill them.

To fully appreciate the situation, you would have had to be a bounty; I have been destroyed while in the middle of green tanks, by enemies advancing in the open, simply to get the bounty while receiving fire from multiple guns.

After so many battles, I introduced some innovation to the role.

For example, I did the "Dancing with the Wolves" shoot me if you can type of review, where I simply went out and dodged the bullets.

Just bringing a little bit of joy in a stern play.

DIE ChAoTICS510

I didn't even play because the rewards were a joke, so not worth it 

The reward was not the actual LRK and boosts... I think you missed the point.

Ragyoo

I didn't like the idea with such low prizes it was just awkward. 

And I only saw 5 or 6 bounties, half of them were on my team. Just like no event took place to me...

Same as above re the "low prize"; it was symbolic. The real reward was enjoying the bounty hunting!

All and all, the lack of bounties was the biggest disappointment, and while I originally meant to only play on Friday, I did an entire week-end of it, just for you guys!

Goxland

One of the most idiotic events that I have seen. Yes, I saw these targets, all ran headlong to kill them ... An event where ANYTHING does not depend on you. I would dismiss everyone who invented it.

I think you are looking at it too seriously; this was meant to introduce some fantasy in the game, pure entertainment.

To be fair, when does anything single-handedly depend on you in this world?

I respect your opinion, but in their vast majority, the players enjoyed this "recess" from the classroom. And it was 1 week-end only.

Edited by P6X330, 25 February 2019 - 01:59 PM.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

AutumnFuture949 #2 Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:11 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 13813 battles
  • [DUM]

They need to bemore bounty

TanksForNothing #3 Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:26 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 10136 battles
  • [EZ8TH]
I saw some bounty players playing like absolute morons..from full cruise control yoloing in front of 10 guns in the first minute of the game..to the polar opposite of full hp camping the corner of the base till whole team was dead. If WG is going to do the bounty thing more often i really hope they select more competent players. Who actually care about playing well and make it an actual challenge to kill them.

super_omega_aids #4 Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:31 AM

First lieutenant

• Supertest - PS4
  • 28502 battles
  • [VENOM]
My issue was my teammates paying more attention to me then the reds and I’d get popped for it.

DIE ChAoTiC519 #5 Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:33 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17716 battles

I didn't even play because the rewards were a joke, so not worth it 

Ragyoo #6 Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:41 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20311 battles

Hello,

I didn't like the idea with such low prizes it was just awkward. 

And I only saw 5 or 6 bounties, half of them were on my team. Just like no event took place to me...

P3NNYPACK3R #7 Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:42 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 12839 battles
  • [VYPER]
I saw one when I played Friday night..Sadriel Fett. That was it. Please WG, consider adding more bounty opportunities. I second the notion for unique camo as a reward. Good idea.

SlickFawn149411 #8 Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:53 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34531 battles

Played solidly all weekend t5-7 xbox na Never saw any bounty. But thats not unusual.

I used to be lazy but now I'm just bitter

Goxland #9 Posted 25 February 2019 - 04:30 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14113 battles
One of the most idiotic events that I have seen. Yes, I saw these targets, all ran headlong to kill them ... An event where ANYTHING does not depend on you. I would dismiss everyone who invented it.

Gallant Prime #10 Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:18 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 41909 battles
  • [47R]

I like the idea of a special camo for killing a bounty.  Reminds me of old Halo Recon armor.  Got to kill Recon to get Recon right? 

Might be a bit harder to do camo though as opposed to say an emblem.  This sounds like a neat idea for some type of infection event.  

View PostTanksForNothing, on 24 February 2019 - 08:26 PM, said:

How many did you kill and who?  

Sovietdeath #11 Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:25 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15284 battles

View PostGoxland, on 24 February 2019 - 11:30 PM, said:

It's really not an idiotic event as it really doesn't affect gameplay, except to those that think getting a bounty is more important than winning a game. 

It's lead to a few hillarious games to be honest.

I got way more kills that I should have because of low health tanks yoloing me for my bounty :P

TanksForNothing #12 Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:08 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 10136 battles
  • [EZ8TH]

View PostGallant Prime, on 25 February 2019 - 05:18 AM, said:

I like the idea of a special camo for killing a bounty.  Reminds me of old Halo Recon armor.  Got to kill Recon to get Recon right? 

Might be a bit harder to do camo though as opposed to say an emblem.  This sounds like a neat idea for some type of infection event.  

How many did you kill and who?  

Personally i didnt kill any of them..i just saw them playing like complete morons..like they werent even trying to play the game..an fv215b heavy tank yolos out in the open in front of sniper ridge on skorpion pass to get farmed by literally 10-12 players and die in first 45 seconds..one of the other ones was a fv215b 183 on severgorsk..they just hid in the back corner by the cap circle while their whole team died..then full hp 183 gets yolo farmed by 6 tanks..i just want the bounty players to be competent at least..i almost think it was the WG employees themselves lol

KilledByPing #13 Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:25 AM

Major

• Players
  • 13201 battles
  • [-C-]

I only met a bounty target once and it immediately led to ruined game.

Bounty dude got spotted at first seconds and every1 just stop doing anything meaningfull and started to simply stare at him letting enemy team kill them.

I mean rly, it looked like 12 out of 15 people were so amazed with the fact they met a Bounty target they forgot how to play a game and just stand afk.

Nobody actualy tryed to kill or even damage that bounty. Every1 just stared at him, thats it.

Edited by KilledByPing, 25 February 2019 - 08:30 AM.

Jimmy3722 #14 Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:27 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37687 battles
Never saw any bounty tanks, don't know if this was due to colour blindness settings or band luck.

WidowMaker1711 #15 Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:34 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11338 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostJimmy3722, on 25 February 2019 - 08:27 AM, said:

Never saw any bounty tanks, don't know if this was due to colour blindness settings or band luck.

That'll be down to luck. When they were spotted their icon had a yellow colour band (in normal setting) round it.

For Russ and the Allfather

M4ntiX #16 Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:37 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23943 battles

Sovietdeath
Today, 05:25 AM

"It's really not an idiotic event as it really doesn't affect gameplay, except to those that think getting a bounty is more important than winning a game.

It's lead to a few hillarious games to be honest.

I got way more kills that I should have because of low health tanks yoloing me for my bounty"

You have managed to contradict yourself in the same post. You're saying bounties didn't affect gameplay to then comment how funny it was to kill low health, yoloing enemies (who normally wouldn't do that).

Let's be real. It was a fun event and something new to look out for in WOT, but it DID AFFECT GAMEPLAY as most players were more focused on killing the bounty than anything else. Nearly every game that had a bounty on the opposing team was a loss, because all the green's were tunnel-visioned on getting that kill so much.

Also, while I don't necessarily agree with Tanksfornkthing's tone, he does have a point. Some bounties were playing below a level you would expect from seasoned players they are. Whether it was intentional or not, it did make for a rather "interesting" weekend.

T0per Harley #17 Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:39 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8256 battles
  • [BIFI]

this is absolutely a bad thing as most of players do not give a f*** on the teamplay & rush to do the kill.

Each time there was a bounty on enemy team, I lost the game.

Please do not to this never again.

Rubbelito #18 Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:48 AM

Major

• 21689 battles
  • [TNT]

View PostM4ntiX, on 25 February 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

Also, while I don't necessarily agree with Tanksfornkthing's tone, he does have a point. Some bounties were playing below a level you would expect from seasoned players they are. Whether it was intentional or not, it did make for a rather "interesting" weekend.

How many did you see?

I'll admit to self destruction on two occasions (out of 149 battles), but it wasn't intentional and I do apologize for depriving the enemy of a possible reward. :(

M4ntiX #19 Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:52 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23943 battles

I saw 5 bounties.

3 corner camped all game, 1 yoloed and died instantly, 1 had a good game in a TD.

All were tier VIII - X.

​PS. Guess which one was the one game we won? :P

Rubbelito #20 Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:02 AM

Major

• 21689 battles
  • [TNT]

View PostM4ntiX, on 25 February 2019 - 09:52 AM, said:

I saw 5 bounties.

3 corner camped all game, 1 yoloed and died instantly, 1 had a good game in a TD.

All were tier VIII - X.

​PS. Guess which one was the one game we won? :P

I can tell you that it was kind of difficult being consistently useful as a bounty.

Be aggressive (as usual) and it could end very fast, looking like yolo.

Be passive, and try not to overextend, and look like a camper.

Finding the balance was almost impossible due to the reds being very unpredictable.

There were times when I completely forgot I had the bounty tag because enemies didn't bother too much and wanted to win and played normally, and the next game 3 lights show up and wants to kill you completely disregarding everything else.

Edited by Rubbelito, 25 February 2019 - 09:07 AM.

Also tagged with bounty, success, operation, event

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users