• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Jodmeister #41 Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:35 PM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 18437 battles
  • [BDGR]

View Postchoppermeir, on 25 February 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

Yep I didn't get many yolos from the reds but I was absolute sick of the greens just staring at me an doing bugger all 

a green team player did more than that to me; pushed me off a cliff. The easiest report ever. 

3 MOEs - Nashorn, M36 Jackson, SU-100, S35CA, Matilda IV, Jagdpanzer IV, Archer, Wolverine, Achilles

2 MOEs - Type 58, Pzkpfw T25, WT Pz IV, JagdPanther, SU-100Y, Boilermaker, T20, IS-2, T-34-88, T25/2, Borsig, AMX AC 48, Charioteer, Plaguebringer, PzSflIVC, T67, SU-85

Afro Palestine #42 Posted 25 February 2019 - 03:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 56221 battles
  • [HKC]
Have been in battle with some several time - on my team - and not noticed anything different.   Gallant Prime was one, and he motored to the front of battle and dictated terms the poor reds like it was any other day.

Vorpallion #43 Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:05 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6292 battles
  • [ICC1]
Saw a couple bounties on the red team, didn't get to shoot at any of them. 

One of them was a light tank on Ensk and led all our heavies on a merry chase through the town maze while they got wrecked by the other reds for a crushing loss :D

Hypocrite #44 Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:19 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 30698 battles
  • [BUNNY]

Thanks to my Saturday being largely eaten up by unforeseen circumstances, I only got around 100 battles in as a bounty. My observations:

• Every battle begins exactly the same: my team notices that I exist, multiple of them turn their turret towards me to stare, and inevitably one of them starts firing at me. He follows me, firing at my rear as soon as he reloads until he is finally shot by an opposing vehicle. He may continue to fire at me instead of the enemy tanks.

• If in a light tank, there is no such thing as passive scouting; as soon as you are spotted there will be a flow of enemy vehicles moving toward you at speed. It is now your job to run away; if you can drag them in front of your team's guns this can be a winning strategy provided your team remembers to fire instead of staring.

• Being in a Bounty Tank is enough to get Artillery players to reposition for better firing angles. Until you are dead, Artillery has no other target.

• The enemy will forget all caution if you are spotted and - for the first and possibly only time in their time playing World of Tanks - actually push over a ridge en masse and overwhelm what would ordinarily be a static front until one side is encircled by the other.

• Enemy Light tanks will ram you. It doesn't matter what you are in, they will ram you in the desperate hope that they will somehow kill you despite being outweighed by tons.

• As a Bounty, if you die early there is likely going to be that player on your team who is convinced you played poorly, no matter what else happens. I was in an Object 705, Top-Tier in a mostly Tiers 7 & 8 match, and died shortly after finding myself a nice (mostly) hull-down position on Caen's center ridge when an unspotted ISU-152 managed to detonate my ammo with a single shot. Lucky hit, unlucky end, oh well - on to the next match. Shortly thereafter I was informed via message that I should "At least make it a challenge - otherwise what's the point?" Doesn't matter that you were mostly hull-down in an Object 705, doesn't matter what happened, there are always armchair Commanders who know you need to do something different.

• That something different, by the way, usually appears to be hiding; the number of matches I received requests to follow someone followed my map-pings indicating I should be in the rear (no matter what class of vehicle I was playing) is almost exactly the same number of matches I played as a Bounty.

• There is significant down-time between matches answering messages asking why you are glowing, thanking you for the Bounty prize, and other random questions/interactions. Future events need to add something to the splash screen as player log in to the game to explain what is happening.

For the most part, I enjoyed the event - people were generally pleasant, it was a definite change of pace, and it was fun experiencing that Full Felony Meter Experience from the Driver series of games again.

"you've made your fanboy status and unwillingness to admit anything other than Sony sucks and Microsoft are gods clear do you have any actual point beyond that though"

Yes-Man Wargaming Shill-Bot Since 2014

P6X330 #45 Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:44 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15711 battles
  • [AMXS]

@Hypocrite;

I concur in a lot of ways with your narrative;

1) I got shot at by my team at almost every battle start. I could never understand what was the purpose of it.

2) As soon as spotted, the majority of enemies would converge with me, no matter where, and even if I was attempting to hide behind our lines, they would still follow me.

3) I was in several battles with two to three SPG's, and even once with 5 on each side. As soon as detected, a deluge of projectiles would rain on me, even after no longer spotted. I was even rammed by an artillery while surrounded by reds, he made sure he got the kill.

This was one of the times where I was fully entertained for the duration of the event. Kudos to whoever had that idea the first time!

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

Albapfalzd3 #46 Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21426 battles

I played around 90 matches this weekend, maybe 100 and the only bounty tanks I saw were on the Green team twice, although there may have been one match where there was one on the Red team as my platoon mate was wondering why he got 150 gold. He may have fragged one and not realized it was a bounty tank and I may not have been paying attention. I would have to go back and review the match.

Roy

UngainlyTitan1 #47 Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:57 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 32806 battles
I thought it was a cool idea and over the weekend I played 140 or so games and only saw 3 bounty tanks all on the green team. 

Sovietdeath #48 Posted 26 February 2019 - 06:49 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15347 battles

View PostUngainlyTitan1, on 25 February 2019 - 01:57 PM, said:

I thought it was a cool idea and over the weekend I played 140 or so games and only saw 3 bounty tanks all on the green team. 

Since it was basically CCs and maybe some devs/sts for the most part you weren't going to catch a whole lot of bounties (specially with the windstorms blowing out alot of power in the Eastern US was stuck all of Sunday with no power myself)

P6X330 #49 Posted 26 February 2019 - 02:22 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15711 battles
  • [AMXS]

I only saw two bounty tanks on the Sunday, both in the enemy team on PS4;

I played over 150 battles from Friday morning until Sunday afternoon.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

Also tagged with bounty, success, operation, event

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users