I have no problem with the MM, nor do I have one with Arty! what is wrong with me?

Match Making MM Arty SPG

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

P6X330 #1 Posted 28 February 2019 - 07:50 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 13121 battles
  • [AMXS]

There's rarely a week, let alone a day, without someone coming to rage over either one of these two sadly illustrious alleged issues.

Most of the match-making rants are only that... its broken, its unfair, its ugly, its impossible, its totally unbearable.... with very little solutions to make it better, without creating another larger problem.

Like everybody else, I have my good and bad moments, but isn't it part of the risk we are taking when we queue up for battle? or do we only want to like the match-making when we are top Tier?

I came to accept whatever I am getting, because I does not put my knickers in a twist either way. Actually, it subjugates me, as I need to find ways to not be terminated early.

Arty? I really can't be bothered. Yes, its annoying when you are impaired in your ability because you have to protect yourself from the eye in the sky. But is it really that different from being shot at by one of these huge alpha leeches, such as the Death Star?

Each time one of these posts appear in the forum, I read, and I try to get a feel for what the OP is portraying, his irate raw description of what makes his World of Tank life miserable, and I fail. 

Is there any cure for that? I feel that I am missing something.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

mr_rainmaker777 #2 Posted 28 February 2019 - 07:57 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28171 battles
  • [EX1LE]
maybe they didnt pray enough to RNGebus..... :D

RUReady2Die #3 Posted 28 February 2019 - 08:12 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 28954 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

Matchmaking is not broken. The number of players is dwindling thus making matchmaking tougher. We have lost thousands of player to games like PUBG and Apex.

Arty on the other hand is broken. Your example is terrible I can react to a Deathstar because I see him and even if he is camping that shot will give him away immedietly. I cannot react immedietly to the all powerful eye in the sky cancer realm. Now I could camp, I could supposedly time his shots but try that with four on the enemy team. That is all I can do. Arty has zero risk and all reward. My 5 yr old plays arty and he can barely write his name. 

Tempest fox3 #4 Posted 28 February 2019 - 08:57 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19214 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostP6X330, on 28 February 2019 - 07:50 PM, said:

Arty? I really can't be bothered. Yes, its annoying when you are impaired in your ability because you have to protect yourself from the eye in the sky. But is it really that different from being shot at by one of these huge alpha leeches, such as the Death Star?

It's entirely different, you can easily avoid a deathstar. For one thing if you're paying attention you can see when it aims at you and take appropriate action, you can angle or expose your tracks so while it will still do damage it will not get a full pen. Or go to a different area of the map altogether to avoid it.

None of that is true with artillery. You have no idea when artillery is aiming at you, you can try to hide from it all game but there's no guarantee the cover you're using will actually stop it (depending on if you know what part of the map arty is hiding in). If it does fire at you it will either kill you or it won't, you have no say in the matter.

Plus, some arty can miss your tank entirely by over 5 meters and still do 900+ damage to you. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

EL3PHANT RID3RS #5 Posted 28 February 2019 - 10:13 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 25303 battles
  • [FLT]
I've been here since bete, arty and match making never bothered me either...but. Recently I'm beginning to see and understand the MM issues for what they truly are and it is rediculous. I recently was the only heavy in a tier IX battle, reds had six and we got mediums. The reds stomped us 15/2. Another match we had two td's and reds had seven, it was on Prok and I took advantage of the situation in my STA-2 and dominated the match. As for arty, I'll go out of my way to protect them if I can because they are my teammate.

TocFanKe4 #6 Posted 28 February 2019 - 10:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19835 battles
  • [GIRLS]
Play tier 8 when there's 2500 people on the server.

I'm not Camping, I'm Glamping

Hypocrite #7 Posted 28 February 2019 - 10:40 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 28673 battles
  • [BUNNY]

View PostTocFanKe4, on 28 February 2019 - 04:29 PM, said:

Play tier 8 when there's 2500 people on the server.

That's generally happening when I'm either asleep or at work, so I expect that a lot of other people are are, too. 

Yes-Man WarGaming Shill since 2014

"you've made your fanboy status and unwillingness to admit anything other than sony sucks and Microsoft are gods clear do you have any actual point beyond that though" - TemplarKnight75

TocFanKe4 #8 Posted 28 February 2019 - 10:55 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19835 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostHypocrite, on 28 February 2019 - 04:40 PM, said:

That's generally happening when I'm either asleep or at work, so I expect that a lot of other people are are, too. 

Playing then shows you whats wrong with MM because the issues will happen much more often.  It gets better when there are more players, but still happens. 

I didn't care much about MM until sever populations dropped during more peak hours. 10:00 at night and there's 5600 on NA, I'm not taking a tier 8

I'm not Camping, I'm Glamping

Also tagged with Match Making, MM, Arty, SPG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users