Do we all get an equal chance of fair MM?

MM Steamrolls

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Tempest fox3 #61 Posted 11 March 2019 - 01:33 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20121 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostOulSider, on 10 March 2019 - 04:59 PM, said:

Here is a good read for yall. Link to the patent in the article.

http://exposingwot.c...d-match-making/

Do more research, patenting something doesn't mean it's used. You patent things to prevent others from using it without your permission (and usually involving payment for said permission) 

They don't use that system. It's pretty easy to prove that they don't. If they did, people with 60-70% solo win rates wouldn't exist.

Not even to mention that, in order to rig win rates the game would need to have a near perfect way of quantifying someone's skill level in order to achieve the desired result. And it would have to do this for each of the 30 players in any given match in a way that allows it to accurately predict the outcome so that each player achieves their quota of wins and losses. 

Simply put, too many variables for it to achieve that.

I always find it funny that players need to find something to blame for losses. Always gotta reach for that tinfoil hat, 'I lost because the system rigged the outcome'. But when you go on a winning streak, where's the tinfoil hat then? 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

OulSider #62 Posted 11 March 2019 - 02:25 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 15216 battles

View PostTempest fox3, on 10 March 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

Do more research, patenting something doesn't mean it's used. You patent things to prevent others from using it without your permission (and usually involving payment for said permission) 

They don't use that system. It's pretty easy to prove that they don't. If they did, people with 60-70% solo win rates wouldn't exist.

Not even to mention that, in order to rig win rates the game would need to have a near perfect way of quantifying someone's skill level in order to achieve the desired result. And it would have to do this for each of the 30 players in any given match in a way that allows it to accurately predict the outcome so that each player achieves their quota of wins and losses. 

Simply put, too many variables for it to achieve that.

I always find it funny that players need to find something to blame for losses. Always gotta reach for that tinfoil hat, 'I lost because the system rigged the outcome'. But when you go on a winning streak, where's the tinfoil hat then? 

Is fine to disagree with black and white and i never said they used it as you so nicely quoted me. And its even fine to say they don't use the patent. The patent never said you could not achieve a higher win rate.

If you have facts...lets here them. Show them...I showed you mine.

I always find it funny when some people use opinions as truth and have their feelings hurt when shown black and white facts. Prove the patent wrong, because win percentage is not going to do it for you.

test777777 #63 Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:14 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11108 battles
  • [RSMOJ]

View PostTempest fox3, on 11 March 2019 - 09:33 AM, said:

I don't believe it's rigged by WG but I think circumstances can set someone up to lose.

I find it likely that some players will have better or worse MM than others due to limited match making combinations which are more often available to the Match Maker during the times that some players play. 

Apart from Tank tiering which the match maker considers in a very broad sense and we all know being bottom or top tier with only 3 top tier tanks in a 2 tier spread is quite different to being bottom tier with 90% of the combatants being top tier and yet as far as I know the match maker sees them as both worthwhile. When numbers are limited in some tiers, some players will probably get the raw end of that stick more often than others but apart from that, the distribution of capable, players, platooning players, players who are grinding lines, and tank tier numbers will be different for different people and consistently so mostly due to time when a player plays.

This is part of the issue I have with the community trying to use things like WR% and WN8 as universally comparable as a measure of a players ability. It only works if everyone gets to face off against equal opposition, and receives equal match making or if someone is exceptionally capable. 

It's  not just about a players skill but about other players skill too and how much a players skill might deviate from the specific population group present during their play time as well as the match Making probabilities from a battle tier perspective during their play time.  

Playing it safe

Also tagged with MM, Steamrolls

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users