World of Tanks Console - Ranked Battles Tier VIII are now live!

ranked battles ranked battles tier VIII feedback

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

Merun #21 Posted 02 March 2019 - 02:40 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11050 battles
  • [FRONT]

View PostSteampunkPagan, on 02 March 2019 - 01:58 AM, said:

Just played on Abby & Ravaged Capital but they are not in the map list:

SPP

Ranked Battles uses the Standard battle type and takes place on the following maps, which allow for better 7 v 7 battles:

• Himmelsdorf
  • Himmelsdorf Winter
  • Mines
  • Mines Rain
  • Cliff
  • Cliff Rain
  • Ghost Town
  • Ensk
  • Ensk War
  • Liberty Falls
  • Port
  • Port Snow
  • Komarin
  • Fisherman's Bay War
  • Pilsen

I played on Carelia and Ravaged Capital

Merun, official smartass of clan [FRONT]

"Hello me, meet the real me
And my misfit's way of life"

-Megadeth - Sweating Bullets

Merun #22 Posted 02 March 2019 - 02:42 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11050 battles
  • [FRONT]
I will play more until I give my feedback plus an improvement idea.

Merun, official smartass of clan [FRONT]

"Hello me, meet the real me
And my misfit's way of life"

-Megadeth - Sweating Bullets

l FearMySkill l #23 Posted 02 March 2019 - 03:14 AM

Private

• Players
  • 23890 battles
  • [-NS-]
YOU [edited]RETARDA ARE  LITERALLY THE WORST QND STUPID [edited]COMPANY I HAVE EVER SEEN YOU GUYS ARE THE DISGRACE OF GAMING, JUST MAKE PEOPLE PLAY OP TIER 8 TANKS IN RANKED (DEFENDER,IRON RAIN,T32PROT, SKORPION) SO THEY GET MONEY AND WIN GAMES IN A EASIER WAY THATS DISGUSTING, SHAME ON YOU WARGAMING SHAME ON YOU 

CleverJoey1844 #24 Posted 02 March 2019 - 06:33 AM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 43013 battles
  • [STDZ]
So its basically either Tier10 destroyers or face a number of tier8 tanks. The lack of skill to play a op tier10 destroyer is what has weakened ranked battles. No matter what WG does the playerbase is unhappy. 

Unholy Lucipurr #25 Posted 02 March 2019 - 09:30 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10238 battles
  • [MDKP]
Why does Ranked Battles on console still use a crappy scoring system?  Having to lose points with a good personal performance simply because your team is crap/toxic doesn't come off as fair.  A much better system would be like what PC has for ranked battles, with the top three performers on the losing team moving up.  Only allowing the first place person on the losing team to not receive a penalty is not such a great parameter.  Ranked Battles on console needs a major overhaul of improvement.

"I will rain death upon all who oppose me. I am the embodiment of sky cancer and I will make you rue the day you dare cross into my view and sit thy tank still. Some call me arty scum, but they are fools! I am become sky cancer the destroyer of balance and even if you close in to close range I will call upon the gods of rng and shotgun you into condemnation for no one will associate with a tanker who cannot take out an artillery."  -Unholy Lucipurr 2017 (dictated but not read)

SirDerp-a-lot #26 Posted 02 March 2019 - 09:38 AM

Major

• Players
  • 47996 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostUnholy Lucipurr, on 02 March 2019 - 10:30 AM, said:

Having to lose points with a good personal performance simply because your team is crap/toxic doesn't come off as fair.

I actually like it. You have to win, personal damage records or other things don't count.

In randoms, too many people would avoid the cap and the win to make a couple of hundred points of additional damage. That is prevented by the harsh scoring system.

Unholy Lucipurr #27 Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:51 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10238 battles
  • [MDKP]

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 02 March 2019 - 04:38 AM, said:

I actually like it. You have to win, personal damage records or other things don't count.

In randoms, too many people would avoid the cap and the win to make a couple of hundred points of additional damage. That is prevented by the harsh scoring system.

Those people would still be poor performers and thus would take a reduction in points.  The harsh scoring system is more detrimental to people who perform well but get dragged down bad the poor performers on their team.

"I will rain death upon all who oppose me. I am the embodiment of sky cancer and I will make you rue the day you dare cross into my view and sit thy tank still. Some call me arty scum, but they are fools! I am become sky cancer the destroyer of balance and even if you close in to close range I will call upon the gods of rng and shotgun you into condemnation for no one will associate with a tanker who cannot take out an artillery."  -Unholy Lucipurr 2017 (dictated but not read)

FRlGHTKNIGHT #28 Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:10 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7282 battles
  • [ASYLM]

View Postl FearMySkill l, on 02 March 2019 - 03:14 AM, said:

YOU [edited]RETARDA ARE  LITERALLY THE WORST QND STUPID [edited]COMPANY I HAVE EVER SEEN YOU GUYS ARE THE DISGRACE OF GAMING, JUST MAKE PEOPLE PLAY OP TIER 8 TANKS IN RANKED (DEFENDER,IRON RAIN,T32PROT, SKORPION) SO THEY GET MONEY AND WIN GAMES IN A EASIER WAY THATS DISGUSTING, SHAME ON YOU WARGAMING SHAME ON YOU 

stop shouting, go back to licking your window or chewing your crayons. Better still, try picking up a book and opening it.

Edited by FRlGHTKNIGHT, 02 March 2019 - 11:14 AM.

SirDerp-a-lot #29 Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:15 AM

Major

• Players
  • 47996 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostUnholy Lucipurr, on 02 March 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

Those people would still be poor performers and thus would take a reduction in points.

Did you read my example? They would be top performer, and lose the game anyway.

Unholy Lucipurr #30 Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:20 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10238 battles
  • [MDKP]

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 02 March 2019 - 06:15 AM, said:

Did you read my example? They would be top performer, and lose the game anyway.

In ranked 7 vs 7  straying off or hiding out till your team is dead usually results in a poor score.  More times than not those players will be near bottom of their team.  Hence why the scoring method on PC rewards good game-play.  The big issue with the system on console is allowing poor performers to move up in rank with little to no contribution, simply because their team won.  Punishing everyone for the faults of few is not a fair system.  Granted, those who don't perform well would likely prefer the system of ranked scoring on console as it is now, vs what PC has.

Edited by Unholy Lucipurr, 02 March 2019 - 12:27 PM.

swamp_fox_009 #31 Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:26 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17208 battles
  • [ODH]

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 01 March 2019 - 02:11 PM, said:

So there is not point in ranked battles except that players can grind tanks, earn money just as in random games, train their crews, have fun, test some old tanks in a new environment, win gold, win tanks, win premium time, gain experience in small scale battles but that's it.

Waste of time really.

Yeah, let’s see ranked battles while there is a string theory. :facepalm:

MASHMAN 90 #32 Posted 02 March 2019 - 02:05 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 34482 battles

View PostLeon_SMF, on 02 March 2019 - 12:24 AM, said:

No Port, no Mines, no Komarin in over 30 battles !!! No x2 silver, wins not counting towards Long haul operation !!! 

In addition, more afk ever !!!

You can do better than this WG !!

It didn't count to start with, I had a choice as i don't have as much time this week. Do i choose Long Haul or get frustrated in Ranked for a War Chest i'll never earn. Seemed simple to me. I don't like the points progression system, i've complained but it's like a broken record at this point so i just have to accept it and either get frustrated in Ranked or stay away (like i have been doing) and play Multiplayer and maybe even enjoy it.

I'd rather earn a guaranteed 150 Gold (unless i win a tank) in one War Chest than do Ranked, get stressed and lose my Long Haul progression so i'd have zero chests.

i generally post more News on Twitter these days but "may" post on Forum from time to time on my Future Vehicles Thread

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/205056-future-update-vehicle-changes/ 

Disclaimer Below: If you don't read it and take my guesses as fact then it's not my fault.

MASHMAN 90 #33 Posted 02 March 2019 - 02:09 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 34482 battles

View PostCleverJoey1844, on 02 March 2019 - 06:33 AM, said:

So its basically either Tier10 destroyers or face a number of tier8 tanks. The lack of skill to play a op tier10 destroyer is what has weakened ranked battles. No matter what WG does the playerbase is unhappy. 

Yeah that's the bottom line unfortunately. For me it's the point progression system. I don't mind change of Tiers or that the Rewards changed but i do care how tough it is to progress each stage and worthwhile prize (i.e. One War Chest) is Master League. I cringe when i see that you need 700 points for 30,000 Silver when you could play two stress free battles for Charlie and earn 5,000 less Silver.

i generally post more News on Twitter these days but "may" post on Forum from time to time on my Future Vehicles Thread

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/205056-future-update-vehicle-changes/ 

Disclaimer Below: If you don't read it and take my guesses as fact then it's not my fault.

MASHMAN 90 #34 Posted 02 March 2019 - 02:11 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 34482 battles

View PostXEboi, on 02 March 2019 - 12:19 AM, said:

Just had a average game in my hmh amx 49 thingy & only got 29k siliver (about the only time I've got less siliver is when I found a t57 with my face right at the start of a game)

The amount of defenders/objects out there slinging gold is just silly, I'm getting melted

Unfortunately, will experience it, no matter what Tier WG choose, Theirs always an OP Tank (Maybe Tier 1 is the exception?) in each Tier so theirs no escaping it, no matter what WG do.

MASHMAN 90 #35 Posted 02 March 2019 - 02:13 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 34482 battles

View Postmoeggsy, on 02 March 2019 - 01:32 AM, said:

Players getting what they been asking for, (different tier) and the complaining continues! Crazy if you guys think wargamings gonna give ya x2 silver while running premium tanks. And choosing to run tt tanks is ones choice. 

I don't mind the loss of x2 personally. It encourages players to Win, Try and Fire less Premium Rounds rather than sling Premium at everything and go Damage Farming.

SirDerp-a-lot #36 Posted 02 March 2019 - 02:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 47996 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostUnholy Lucipurr, on 02 March 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

In ranked 7 vs 7 straying off or hiding out till your team is dead usually results in a poor score.

I wasn't talking about those.

The big issue with the system on console is allowing poor performers to move up in rank with little to no contribution, simply because their team won.

That would require the poor performers to get into teams with six good performers every time. How likely is that?

Punishing everyone for the faults of few is not a fair system.

That's not the system. The systems is that you are punished if you don't manage to secure a win for your team. Don't put it as if you had nothing to do with it.

SirDerp-a-lot #37 Posted 02 March 2019 - 02:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 47996 battles
  • [GER_1]

View Postswamp_fox_009, on 02 March 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

Yeah, let’s see ranked battles while there is a string theory. :facepalm:

Plus the Bravo bonus, I don't like it either.

veponz999 #38 Posted 02 March 2019 - 02:44 PM

Private

• Players
  • 8621 battles
Whats up with the map rotation i am playing mostly in maps that are not even in the list and not good for 7v7

TheRhino2020 #39 Posted 02 March 2019 - 03:00 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5038 battles

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 02 March 2019 - 09:13 AM, said:

I don't mind the loss of x2 personally. It encourages players to Win, Try and Fire less Premium Rounds rather than sling Premium at everything and go Damage Farming.

that was my thinking as well. Double silver seems like it just invites cash farmers who go for pure damage and care nothing for wins.

TennisMan56 #40 Posted 02 March 2019 - 03:12 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27279 battles
  • [STDZ]

I played 5 or 6 games on it earlier. Can make more silver in multiplayer, string theory and xp are also better, plus wins in ranked do not count for longhaul. Not complaining but I would rather grind my tt lines with string theory, 13k for wins 5,6,7, and 8 are much better mind. Good luck to all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users