Platoon Error Fix Matchmaking

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Unholy Lucipurr #1 Posted 04 March 2019 - 11:18 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10297 battles
  • [MDKP]

There are multiple faults with platoons at the moment in regards to some premium vehicles.  The main being premium tanks which have preferential matchmaking.  The Lycan for instance has identical matchmaking to any of the preferential tier 8 premiums, yet we are no longer able to have these two in combination anymore as we used to.  Instead, you can now fail platoon tier 7 vehicles in a platoon with a Lycan and drag them into battler tier 8 and 9 games.  The same goes for the Snakebite and T-50-2, as both have identical matchmaking to preferential tier 7 premiums, but are not able to actually platoon with them.  Again the only way to play those in a platoon is to create a fail platoon and drag standard tier 6 vehicles into battle tier 7 and 8 games.  Another instance occurs when the platoon leader chooses to play a premium vehicle with preferential matchmaking, and the subsequent platoon-mates choose a vehicle with normal matchmaking of the same vehicle tier.  This results in a fail platoon with the platoon leader being dragged into games which their vehicle would not normally play in (ex. Super Pershing fail platooning into a tier 10 match).  There are a number of solutions to this problem, with some being extremely simple; hopefully these issues can be addressed in a near update.

For those who don't understand battle tiering:

Take a normal tier 6 vehicle, say the M4A3E8 Sherman.  The tier of the vehicle is 6, and its battle tiers are 6,7,8.  
Now examine the Snakebite; vehicle tier is 6, but its battle tiers are 6,7 as this vehicle has preferential matchmaking.
If one platoons these two vehicles together, it creates a fail platoon with the M4A3E8 playing only battle tiers 7 and 8, thus making it impossible for it to be top tier at any given time in a battle tier 6 game.

Edited by Unholy Lucipurr, 04 March 2019 - 12:42 PM.

"I will rain death upon all who oppose me. I am the embodiment of sky cancer and I will make you rue the day you dare cross into my view and sit thy tank still. Some call me arty scum, but they are fools! I am become sky cancer the destroyer of balance and even if you close in to close range I will call upon the gods of rng and shotgun you into condemnation for no one will associate with a tanker who cannot take out an artillery."  -Unholy Lucipurr 2017 (dictated but not read)

killer etzi0 #2 Posted 04 March 2019 - 12:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 57664 battles
  • [47R]
the only "fail platooning" that is possible anymore is when the platoon leader picks a TT tank, and someone else in the platoon picks a premium tank of the same tier, but said premium tank gets PMM.  I guess that's what you where trying to say..... maybe?

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

Unholy Lucipurr #3 Posted 04 March 2019 - 12:28 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10297 battles
  • [MDKP]

View Postkiller etzi0, on 04 March 2019 - 07:23 AM, said:

the only "fail platooning" that is possible anymore is when the platoon leader picks a TT tank, and someone else in the platoon picks a premium tank of the same tier, but said premium tank gets PMM.  I guess that's what you where trying to say..... maybe?

Yes I already stated that above.  However the Lycan and Snakebite examples still stand as being broken for matchmaking and cause fail platoons as they are unable to platoon with vehicles which have identical battle tiering.  Note the difference between vehicle tier and battle tier.  The image shows that quite clearly.

"I will rain death upon all who oppose me. I am the embodiment of sky cancer and I will make you rue the day you dare cross into my view and sit thy tank still. Some call me arty scum, but they are fools! I am become sky cancer the destroyer of balance and even if you close in to close range I will call upon the gods of rng and shotgun you into condemnation for no one will associate with a tanker who cannot take out an artillery."  -Unholy Lucipurr 2017 (dictated but not read)

SirDerp-a-lot #4 Posted 04 March 2019 - 12:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 51199 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostUnholy Lucipurr, on 04 March 2019 - 12:18 PM, said:

There are multiple faults with platoons at the moment in regards to some premium vehicles. The main being premium tanks which have preferential matchmaking. The Lycan for instance has identical matchmaking to any of the preferential tier 8 premiums, yet we are no longer able to have these two in combination anymore as we used to. Instead, you can now fail platoon tier 7 vehicles in a platoon with a Lycan and drag them into battler tier 8 and 9 games. The same goes for the Snakebite and T-50-2, as both have identical matchmaking to preferential tier 7 premiums, but are not able to actually platoon with them.

Agreed, these are very easy to fix, and I see no reason why Wargaming wouldn't change the tiers to +1 PMM tomorrow.

Max explained that the Lycan couldn't possibly be uptiered, because then it could be failed into tier X battles, and it can't handle those. I don't follow this argument at all: First of all, the Lycan was regularly matched in tier X games before the scout change. Second, you can now fail eg. an E25 into tier IX games, and the tank is not at all able to compete at that tier.

So simply change all three into tier +1 PMM, problem solved.

View PostUnholy Lucipurr, on 04 March 2019 - 12:18 PM, said:

Another instance occurs when the platoon leader chooses to play a premium vehicle with preferential matchmaking, and the subsequent platoon-mates choose a vehicle with normal matchmaking of the same vehicle tier. This results in a fail platoon with the platoon leader being dragged into games which their vehicle would not normally play in (ex. Super Pershing fail platooning into a tier 10 match).

That's not ideal, but a small price to pay to get rid of the failed platoons we had before.

Unholy Lucipurr #5 Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:04 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10297 battles
  • [MDKP]
The easiest solution would be to bump up the Lycan to a tier 8, the Snakebite and T-50-2 to tier 7, and then restrict preferential matchmaking vehicles to only be able to play with vehicles of identical battle tiers.

SirDerp-a-lot #6 Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 51199 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostUnholy Lucipurr, on 04 March 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

restrict preferential matchmaking vehicles to only be able to play with vehicles of identical battle tiers.

There are no tanks that have the same battle tiers. It's an approximation anyway, and the current method requires less explanation.

Unholy Lucipurr #7 Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:46 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10297 battles
  • [MDKP]

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 04 March 2019 - 08:30 AM, said:

There are no tanks that have the same battle tiers. It's an approximation anyway, and the current method requires less explanation.

There are no tanks that have the same battle tiers?  Do you understand what battle tier range is?  There are plenty of examples for such.  The image posted is a good reference if you are unsure.

SirDerp-a-lot #8 Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 51199 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostUnholy Lucipurr, on 04 March 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

restrict preferential matchmaking vehicles to only be able to play with vehicles of identical battle tiers.

I think I misunderstood. You want to restrict PMM tanks to be only able to platoon with other PMM tanks?

That's far too restrictive.

Unholy Lucipurr #9 Posted 05 March 2019 - 10:13 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10297 battles
  • [MDKP]

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 04 March 2019 - 08:48 AM, said:

I think I misunderstood. You want to restrict PMM tanks to be only able to platoon with other PMM tanks?

That's far too restrictive.

Or at least allow tanks with preferential battler tiering to platoon together.
Snakebite should be able to play with other vehicles that have battle tiering 7 and 8 but right now that is not an option, same goes for other said preferential lights.  Example being that a Snakebite should be able to platoon with a Tiger 131 and E-25 as all of these vehicle have identical matchmaking, but as of recent platoon restrictions this became impossible to do.

Edited by Unholy Lucipurr, 05 March 2019 - 10:52 AM.

Also tagged with Platoon, Error, Fix, Matchmaking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users