matchmaking

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

FeelTheSk1LL #41 Posted 20 March 2019 - 12:13 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 13778 battles

View PostI am Zweistein, on 18 March 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

If ppl rush through the tiers because they want a tier 10 but have no clue what to with the current tier and tank they are in then thats hardly fault of other ppl!

Btw, we've talking too much about being the lower tier tank with higher tiers, but i've just realised that i've started this topic with the problem of having different number of same tier tanks in both teams...

StillLifeSkull #42 Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:01 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20131 battles

View PostFeelTheSk1LL, on 20 March 2019 - 12:13 PM, said:

Btw, we've talking too much about being the lower tier tank with higher tiers, but i've just realised that i've started this topic with the problem of having different number of same tier tanks in both teams...

Both are issues, but they are different:

1) If I am low tier in my Absilution, it sucks, but I can still do stuff. If I climbing the tech tree and I am low tier in any unimproved tank I am little but cannon fodder for the other team.

2) Different numbers of tier tanks can be an issue, but if my Absolution is the only Tier VI in a Teir VIII game it is understandable. The real issue is when clans take advantage of the matchmaking system. Since the MM only looks at the leader's tank the clan can manipulate higher tier or change the heavy/light mix in the game. This needs to be looked at.''

Edited by StillLifeSkull, 20 March 2019 - 03:02 PM.

XGR369er #43 Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:16 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37471 battles

View PostFeelTheSk1LL, on 20 March 2019 - 12:13 PM, said:

exactly. i can understand one more top tier tank but when they are getting 4 or 5 more then you that could be fixed and shouldn't happen.  The fact that is does is just bad programming.

sulla1111 #44 Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:03 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13482 battles

View PostXGR369er, on 21 March 2019 - 11:16 PM, said:

exactly. i can understand one more top tier tank but when they are getting 4 or 5 more then you that could be fixed and shouldn't happen.  The fact that is does is just bad programming.

This plus the inability to match up tank types; I’m still seeing matches where one side gets top tier heavies and the other gets top tier mediums. If it was solely because platoons broke matchmaking i would be unhappy but understand it. But this is happening even without platoons. Basically we are getting non-games needlessly at the moment.

XGR369er #45 Posted 01 April 2019 - 04:55 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37471 battles

View Postsulla1111, on 22 March 2019 - 05:03 AM, said:

This plus the inability to match up tank types; I’m still seeing matches where one side gets top tier heavies and the other gets top tier mediums. If it was solely because platoons broke matchmaking i would be unhappy but understand it. But this is happening even without platoons. Basically we are getting non-games needlessly at the moment.

agreed.  this weekend was pummeled by this crap.  Look over and see more top tier heavies and more top tier because we got medium and bottom tier heavies and as you said not a single platoon in the mix.  I am just thinking so the MM couldn't balance this out better then this crap.  To make things worse the maps seemed to be town heavy this weekend to boot so that made it even more painful.

Oh and just a reminder for people to look at.  Here is what they say about matchmaking.

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/news/mm-explained

It is a bit old now and they should send out a new update if things have changed cause i think it still has stuff for lights playing 3 tiers up and down.

Edited by XGR369er, 01 April 2019 - 04:57 PM.

SANDSTALKER 005 #46 Posted 01 April 2019 - 11:31 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 9048 battles

View Postjabba1966-uk, on 06 March 2019 - 10:49 PM, said:

Its not the matchmaking its the skill level ive noticed 

Some tankers ive checked havent even.got premium accounts...

Since when does have a premium account mean anything? The matchmaking is [edited]and they know it. They don’t care !   Can’t wait till World of Warships Legends. Attthey only play one tier higher !

rick007cmx1 #47 Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:08 AM

Major

• Players
  • 56201 battles

View Posthexine, on 05 March 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

i think wg should ban anyone who posts about mm without pictures and examples

there is nothing wrong with the mm, its probably just you

get some specific examples with PHOTOS or we can't have a discussion

U need a photo to confirm what OP says about matchmaking? Just play to confirm. Love how u NPCs are quick to censor or call for a ban. Sarcasm 

rick007cmx1 #48 Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:26 AM

Major

• Players
  • 56201 battles

View PostI am Zweistein, on 10 March 2019 - 10:00 AM, said:

So if matchmaking is so bad then why can some ppl come out of a tier 10 game placing top on xp, dmg, assisted dmg, and enemies detected when playing their tier 8 and others can not?!

i agree we need to remove everything unfair from the game and make it as easy as possible so that everyone gets a trophy!

scrap all the tactics and game mechanics... lets make it a respawn game where everyone can yolo without consequenses so they dont have to cry their eyes out after they failed to make an effort!

no lower tier is uselees in a higher tier game... maybe ppl should just change their attitude from...oh how unfair... to what are my strengths in this situation!

If you feel incapable of doing anything else then Sopt, support, cap, hunt artillery etc...

but you can always carry on playing the victim and hide behind a rock all game or even go as far as drowning your tank which i also see a lot of ppl do... it becomes pretty obvious that someone is butthurt when 2 or 3 platooned tanks suddenly drown even though they would have been a perfect asset in the lineup!

they simply took themselves out of the current match because they didnt know how to use their current tank effectively... therefore its had nothing to do with matchmaking... or platoons but with willingness and ability to addapt to the situation!

when i look at the matchmaking at the start of the battle i ask myself whats on the other side, how many, are they likely to wolfpack, which tanks are likely to be on which side of the map... will certain tanks be following them etc etc then i make a plan what im going to do with a plan B and C already in the back of my head!

I do this before the battle starts... i do NOT wait to see where everybody goes because i already know this by experience 95% of the time anyway... should things be different than predicted then i already have B and C in mind and even if those dont work i addapt to the new situation! Regardless of my tier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just do not get the argument... im sorry i really do NOT!

Simple! A tier 8 that damages 9s and 10s gets a BONUS. Tier 10 CANT punch above its weight clas to get the bonus. Love the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Also one can fail thier way to tier ten. Id est some tier ten tankers may not be as good as others. You show a stunning lack of perspective. I doubt u r human, just an NPC programmed to fake rage whenever someone criticizes your WG overlord. That or u are just a shameless, boot-licking, butt-sniffing sycophant.

iceman2108 #49 Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:09 PM

Private

• Players
  • 8801 battles
  • [HAVAL]

maybe they will fix mm after the 15 when half the players jump ship for wows console they got the hint that 1 tier mm is much easyer to balance than 2 tier trash.

i just see this refusal to simplfy mm in world of tanks in favor of over complicated trash that never works pcs been trying useless mm balancing for years. they plan do balance it again this year but everyone allready knows that will change nothing it just another waste of time and resources.

unless they plan to make heavys only tier up 1 and down 1 and light tanks tier up 2 and down 1. then there might be hope.

the platoon balance was a joke its manpulated even more now as a 5 man t10 platoon has a high chance of getting matched to a lower.

so fun racking up wins in low peak hours as theres only 3-4 5 man platoons then.

honestly speaking i rather they fix the large number of inbalanced tanks over doing something useless to mm as they will either make it worse like platoons or have no effect.

AutographGrain9 #50 Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:59 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33907 battles
The matchmaking is terrible.

Ze Oberst Klink #51 Posted 09 April 2019 - 05:06 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 7305 battles

I am getting tired of my tier 6's matching up against 8's almost every time. A VK P is little threat to a VK 100 or anything really beyond a 7. I get that the KV-2 is stronk tank at tier 6, but the rest of them tanks at that tier are basically spam in a can. 

I can count on the initial two to maybe four games of decently matched battles, with the next ten to fifteen being completely outclassed and uptiered.

Also what's the deal with light tanks? Why are the lights allowed to play on their own tier games? I remember them being uptiered almost always, that was the con of playing one. A light will run rampant if its a decent player over most same tiered tanks. 

Kampf mit dem KMD , um Ruhm , Spaß und Otaku überall!

Also tagged with matchmaking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users