The final nail in the coffin

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

mjaue #1 Posted 05 March 2019 - 10:04 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7220 battles

Have mainly been playing ws after the release of mercenaries as I can not stand the ugly mess mp battles has become. Totally destroys immersion. 

After starting out as a beta tester then supertester, paying for premium for almost 5 years to support a game that I really liked, I am sadly placing my money elsewhere.

With an increasing amount of poor gameplay & design decisions (in my mind), more pay to win (insane spamming of prammo and unbalanced premium tanks), this ws nerf was the final nail in the coffin for me. I agree that ws needed to be adjusted but this is just embarrassing. They obviously doesn't bother to test it before throwing it in to the patch. 

It saddens me to see what this once great game has become. After continually going against the wishes of they that once was their core playerbase there are now half empty lobbies with sometimes ridiculously long waiting to get into a match. The poor decisions just keep raining all over while this sinking ghostship is steaming full speed ahead. 

Now that the small oasis of realism that once was ws has been hit with the 17 cm shitstick and left for dead there is not much left for me here. I will probably pop in from time to time out of morbid curiosity, and to bring out some of my many belowed tanks, but for now I can not see any reason to support this game with more of my hard earned money.

All the best wishes to the future of Wot and a small hope of a miraculous resurrection. 

Mjaue

SirDerp-a-lot #2 Posted 05 March 2019 - 10:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 55036 battles
  • [GER_1]
I don't even know what this "ws nerf" is that you are talking about....

SteampunkPagan #3 Posted 05 March 2019 - 10:22 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 93513 battles
  • [HDC-R]

I was one of the biggest supporters of WS but they have so nerfed the earnings that firing NO premium & using NO consumables you still lose silver. I now stand with those that say get rid of them they serve no purpose unless WGCB returns the earnings to a point that this sort of thing does not happen.

https://twitter.com/...836683104567296

SPP

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Very Classy #4 Posted 05 March 2019 - 10:44 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32647 battles
  • [JOCO]
What else did they do to WS? Genuinely curious.

There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?
                                                                                         -- allhavoc

RUNNINGDUDE1 #5 Posted 05 March 2019 - 10:50 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 23930 battles
Fare ye well and good luck. We will be seeing you again shortly 

IEnjoythissee #6 Posted 05 March 2019 - 11:41 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 69641 battles
There was some kind of flaw with the artillary part of ws so instead of fixing it (i was ok with it) it was removed. playing it before i begin gaming was fun but no longer. :(

SightlessRogue0 #7 Posted 05 March 2019 - 11:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19482 battles

If you know what you're talking about .....

Today I played with my E25, despite my anger because of the loss of the handbrake, I had a lot of fun. Tonight the meta was different and the TD without turret became unplayable, in replacement I played with my STA-2 Black, I had good games with him and a lot of fun.

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

PoopStopsHere #8 Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:11 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29622 battles
  • [PCP]

Understand that War Stories isn't the same as it was.

Prem ammo was always in the game. If you need to use it, why not if u can afford it.  Some tanks you can't pin with standard rounds in some tanks.

Player base is still there, bigger on weekends or week nights or during special event offers.

XGR369er #9 Posted 06 March 2019 - 11:17 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39947 battles

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 05 March 2019 - 10:10 PM, said:

I don't even know what this "ws nerf" is that you are talking about....

the put it back to like when it first came out.  they reduced the amount of exp and silver you get if you use higher tier tanks.  So basically if you use most tanks 7 and higher you will only make a few hundred exp and loose thousands of silver even if you are just shooting regular rounds.  It is massively annoying.  Makes no sense you should be able to atleast break even or make 1000 silver but not loose 35,000 because you decided to play and amx 30.

Albapfalzd3 #10 Posted 07 March 2019 - 06:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22503 battles

Just re-read the release notes for 4.9 and can find nothing related to nerfed Silver or XP earnings. 

Roy

AutographGrain9 #11 Posted 07 March 2019 - 07:53 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35709 battles
It was previously nerfed

UTU2TM #12 Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:45 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 44202 battles
  • [BEARD]

I've played one match since the silver/xp nerf hit WS. I still pop in here to see if they have put it back,

I've moved on from WoT (or whatever the name is now :D).

cheers all, hope all is well!

x Papadox #13 Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:17 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14970 battles
  • [RDDTX]
Don't understand why the nerf to WS made you leave when WoT is primarily a multiplayer game, but okay.  Hope you had fun!

"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon." - Napoleon Bonaparte

UTU2TM #14 Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:40 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 44202 battles
  • [BEARD]

View Postx Papadox, on 08 March 2019 - 08:17 AM, said:

Don't understand why the nerf to WS made you leave when WoT is primarily a multiplayer game, but okay.  Hope you had fun!

If you are asking me, I've played a lot, always adding to my garage, not sure how many tanks I have, 350 maybe, so always grinding. Ultimately it would have been, me trying to own the whole grind tree.

Grinding silver thru WS was helpful, and when it went away, I started seeing what lines were going to be added, and the sense that I was going to be grinding silver relentlessly. The scale began to tip from the joy I was getting from playing the game to, this feels like a job.

I'm not attacking anyone else, I'm my own person, I've had my fun. That's all.

MEGAblaster96 #15 Posted 09 April 2019 - 06:25 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5396 battles

View PostXGR369er, on 06 March 2019 - 05:17 PM, said:

the put it back to like when it first came out.  they reduced the amount of exp and silver you get if you use higher tier tanks.  So basically if you use most tanks 7 and higher you will only make a few hundred exp and loose thousands of silver even if you are just shooting regular rounds.  It is massively annoying.  Makes no sense you should be able to atleast break even or make 1000 silver but not loose 35,000 because you decided to play and amx 30.

I haven't touched WS since they came out due to OPs, Mercenaries, and grinding new tanks. What a absolute joke though. I saw it as being a good mode to train with, but emptying the pockets of players just wanting to practice is just criminal.

liambobson #16 Posted 10 April 2019 - 08:45 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5050 battles

I am predominantly a WS player too. Since the nerf unless you are using a premium tank anything above tier 7 you will probably lose silver. Such a shame as myself and my mate enjoy spending our time rolling out and bullying the bots.

It's like they released WS's and for a while it was great, then they nerfed it and there hasnt been any new missions for a while now. WS has been abandoned. If they remove them I will probably stop playing as I can't stand the [edited]show that is multiplayer. :(

Make WS great again!

Doctor_Who_22 #17 Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:07 PM

Major

• Players
  • 13493 battles
  • [-WHO-]

View Postmjaue, on 05 March 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

Have mainly been playing ws after the release of mercenaries as I can not stand the ugly mess mp battles has become. Totally destroys immersion. 

After starting out as a beta tester then supertester, paying for premium for almost 5 years to support a game that I really liked, I am sadly placing my money elsewhere.

With an increasing amount of poor gameplay & design decisions (in my mind), more pay to win (insane spamming of prammo and unbalanced premium tanks), this ws nerf was the final nail in the coffin for me. I agree that ws needed to be adjusted but this is just embarrassing. They obviously doesn't bother to test it before throwing it in to the patch. 

It saddens me to see what this once great game has become. After continually going against the wishes of they that once was their core playerbase there are now half empty lobbies with sometimes ridiculously long waiting to get into a match. The poor decisions just keep raining all over while this sinking ghostship is steaming full speed ahead. 

Now that the small oasis of realism that once was ws has been hit with the 17 cm shitstick and left for dead there is not much left for me here. I will probably pop in from time to time out of morbid curiosity, and to bring out some of my many belowed tanks, but for now I can not see any reason to support this game with more of my hard earned money.

All the best wishes to the future of Wot and a small hope of a miraculous resurrection. 

Mjaue

Best wishes and good luck! There are many of us who started at the very beginning (I started on the 360 and moved to the PS4), and I was in the supertest program, but the state of this game for quite a while has left a bad taste with many players. Unfortunately, most of the newer players have no idea just how much different this game was a few years ago.  I was once once of the 'whales' that supported this game because I loved playing it. Sadly I've also been sticking more to War Stories as the Multiplayer has become a huge dumpster fire of bad play, bad or unbalanced tanks, more p2w than ever before, and just some very questionable game play and marketing decisions over the years. So nerfing WS even more simply makes me not want to play at all, even though I'll occasionally jump into a few MP games just for the laughs. I'm sitting on nearly 70 million in silver, just under 4,00 gold, less than 6 months of premium time, well over 100 premium tanks, and nearly 80 available garage spaces (and I have nearly 150 tanks in my garage), so its not for lack of resources that I no longer play - its simply that WGCB has changed the game so much from it's original version that it doesn't feel like the same game anymore, and I don't find it fun to play. 

I quit playing regularly over 6 months ago, and even when I jump back in for a few matches, it just isn't fun any longer for me. I still keep an eye on some of the forum and whats going on, but I'm no longer 'active' in any meaningful way. The only reason I came to post now is because this topic just hits home with me and I can continue to see the downward spiral this game has been in for quite some time. WGCB is doing an 'okay' job (barely) of keeping things afloat, but just like the titanic after it hit the iceberg - this game is on borrowed time, no matter how much anyone wants to believe otherwise.

WGCB has managed to run off most of the 'core' original players because they want to attract a more casual and diverse (and younger) player base, however those are also the ones who will not remain loyal over the long-term. Here's a friendly hint for WGCB: don't alienate your core customers because once gone they will be very unlikely to return. 

Beware the Banshee Comet! According to Irish folklore, a Banshee is a ghost-like creature that wails (keens) to warn you of your impending death. However on the battlefield, the last screams you hear will be your own!   

NOTE - I am taking a temporary leave from playing World of Tanks due to certain family obligations. I hope to see many of you back out in battle soon!

AutographGrain9 #18 Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:05 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35709 battles

View PostDoctor_Who_22, on 11 April 2019 - 11:07 AM, said:

Best wishes and good luck! There are many of us who started at the very beginning (I started on the 360 and moved to the PS4), and I was in the supertest program, but the state of this game for quite a while has left a bad taste with many players. Unfortunately, most of the newer players have no idea just how much different this game was a few years ago.  I was once once of the 'whales' that supported this game because I loved playing it. Sadly I've also been sticking more to War Stories as the Multiplayer has become a huge dumpster fire of bad play, bad or unbalanced tanks, more p2w than ever before, and just some very questionable game play and marketing decisions over the years. So nerfing WS even more simply makes me not want to play at all, even though I'll occasionally jump into a few MP games just for the laughs. I'm sitting on nearly 70 million in silver, just under 4,00 gold, less than 6 months of premium time, well over 100 premium tanks, and nearly 80 available garage spaces (and I have nearly 150 tanks in my garage), so its not for lack of resources that I no longer play - its simply that WGCB has changed the game so much from it's original version that it doesn't feel like the same game anymore, and I don't find it fun to play. 

I quit playing regularly over 6 months ago, and even when I jump back in for a few matches, it just isn't fun any longer for me. I still keep an eye on some of the forum and whats going on, but I'm no longer 'active' in any meaningful way. The only reason I came to post now is because this topic just hits home with me and I can continue to see the downward spiral this game has been in for quite some time. WGCB is doing an 'okay' job (barely) of keeping things afloat, but just like the titanic after it hit the iceberg - this game is on borrowed time, no matter how much anyone wants to believe otherwise.

WGCB has managed to run off most of the 'core' original players because they want to attract a more casual and diverse (and younger) player base, however those are also the ones who will not remain loyal over the long-term. Here's a friendly hint for WGCB: don't alienate your core customers because once gone they will be very unlikely to return. 

Agreed, very well worded. 

SuperSherman44 #19 Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:30 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21571 battles
It's pretty sad to see the decline:(

I Heart The Sherman (Best tank of WWII)

I got a new Xbox One S so I'm really excited!

R.I.P. Xbox 360 E ~2014-2019

AutographGrain9 #20 Posted 07 May 2019 - 12:08 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35709 battles
War Stories has become unplayable , losing silver almost every battle. Very dissatisfied and disappointed. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users