The final nail in the coffin

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Huncho_Mystic #21 Posted 07 May 2019 - 02:03 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11130 battles
  • [ELDER]

I think they needed to "nerf" war stories as this is predominately a multiplayer game.  No criticism to those who enjoy the PVE experience. A separate PVE campaign would be awesome to blow off steam and practice, but I wouldn't expect the benefits to transfer to the multiplayer game.

1) Do many multiplayer games have a PVE mode that lets you get currency and level up things like tanks and crews, which you can then use in multiplayer, for basically free?

2) MM needs as many players players in it as possible, every player in WS is one less in MM

3) Many players were grinding stock tanks and crews and then only taking them into multiplayer fully upgraded.  Seems an unfair advantage maybe? Too protect stats?  I dunno

4) People were exploiting WS for silver and cashing in- we all saw the posts of people making 100k+ silver on island race every day. This could damage the game economy- hence the changes in earnings

XLilabnerX #22 Posted 08 May 2019 - 04:27 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 62875 battles
  • [-THT-]
Launch boats, rust tanks, reskin boomsticks is their idea of running a business. WG Bury your head in the sand, only peek out to late and say 'what happened?' You are stupid plain and simple.

real FUGAR #23 Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:17 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 23960 battles
  • [OTO]

View Postmjaue, on 05 March 2019 - 10:04 PM, said:

Have mainly been playing ws after the release of mercenaries as I can not stand the ugly mess mp battles has become. Totally destroys immersion. 

After starting out as a beta tester then supertester, paying for premium for almost 5 years to support a game that I really liked, I am sadly placing my money elsewhere.

With an increasing amount of poor gameplay & design decisions (in my mind), more pay to win (insane spamming of prammo and unbalanced premium tanks), this ws nerf was the final nail in the coffin for me. I agree that ws needed to be adjusted but this is just embarrassing. They obviously doesn't bother to test it before throwing it in to the patch. 

It saddens me to see what this once great game has become. After continually going against the wishes of they that once was their core playerbase there are now half empty lobbies with sometimes ridiculously long waiting to get into a match. The poor decisions just keep raining all over while this sinking ghostship is steaming full speed ahead. 

Now that the small oasis of realism that once was ws has been hit with the 17 cm shitstick and left for dead there is not much left for me here. I will probably pop in from time to time out of morbid curiosity, and to bring out some of my many belowed tanks, but for now I can not see any reason to support this game with more of my hard earned money.

All the best wishes to the future of Wot and a small hope of a miraculous resurrection. 

Mjaue

Full speed ahead World of Warships, new Game, fresh blood/money.

My eternity is longer than Yours _ Make boosters selectable consumables after battle, rather than a RNG MM wager _ The tallest ones confirm: MM is not broken, its ADVANCED

WoT WoT   oTo (put nuts and bolt logo in here) 

http://xboxdvr.com/g.../video/37825507

SpartanFire71 #24 Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:27 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23814 battles

View Posthmsmystic, on 06 May 2019 - 08:03 PM, said:

I think they needed to "nerf" war stories as this is predominately a multiplayer game.  No criticism to those who enjoy the PVE experience. A separate PVE campaign would be awesome to blow off steam and practice, but I wouldn't expect the benefits to transfer to the multiplayer game.

1) Do many multiplayer games have a PVE mode that lets you get currency and level up things like tanks and crews, which you can then use in multiplayer, for basically free?

2) MM needs as many players players in it as possible, every player in WS is one less in MM

3) Many players were grinding stock tanks and crews and then only taking them into multiplayer fully upgraded.  Seems an unfair advantage maybe? Too protect stats?  I dunno

4) People were exploiting WS for silver and cashing in- we all saw the posts of people making 100k+ silver on island race every day. This could damage the game economy- hence the changes in earnings

I don't believe anyone is saying they expect $100k for PVE, just not to be punished.  The issue is when there's few people in the queue or you just want to run a bit by yourself, war stories or proving grounds should be an option.  They should be keeping players playing one way or the other which will impact the multiplayer when they move to that.  Playing in the queue is not worth it when low numbers are playing.  If you want to play, you shouldn't be punished playing PVE.  Should it be a cash cow?  No, but it should be an ok option to continue to play.  Currently, there's two options for PVE that are not really worth it.  

There are still some severe frustrations, but I still love to play.

DoomDeliverer4 #25 Posted 25 May 2019 - 02:00 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11227 battles

View PostSpartanFire71, on 24 May 2019 - 03:27 AM, said:

I don't believe anyone is saying they expect $100k for PVE, just not to be punished.  The issue is when there's few people in the queue or you just want to run a bit by yourself, war stories or proving grounds should be an option.  They should be keeping players playing one way or the other which will impact the multiplayer when they move to that.  Playing in the queue is not worth it when low numbers are playing.  If you want to play, you shouldn't be punished playing PVE.  Should it be a cash cow?  No, but it should be an ok option to continue to play.  Currently, there's two options for PVE that are not really worth it. 

^^^This. I'm not asking to line my pockets with silver and XP. I imagine the developers created WS to be played and if I want to play it then I shouldn't be punished and bleed red for playing a legitimate game mode. Why should a player go 1000's in the red having met the mission criteria (i.e won the Chapter), having used no premium rounds, and having used no consumables, and having taken little to no damage to their tank in the process? Where's the incentive?  What's the point? It used to be a fun and relaxing game mode to get used to using a new tank, practice game mechanics, introduce new players to the game, or just step away from mixed matchup for a bit while making a bit of silver and XP for your efforts.  Now...like proving grounds...its just dead weight.

Swimsuit Yuri #26 Posted 25 May 2019 - 02:08 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9370 battles

huh. 

I stopped taking this game (well it was more like the game devs) seriously when they told us we were too dumb to play the game without the package system. 

eh? whatever.

DAD Commander72 #27 Posted 29 May 2019 - 06:05 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21764 battles
I love this game, amazing, incredible game.

dragonjim64 #28 Posted 27 August 2019 - 12:37 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11628 battles
The programmers and coders who work here are the worst at their jobs in human history. The "thinking" or "wisdom" at this company is myopic at best. It really amazes me that people who dont understand and CANT do basic math have a job in a field that is predominately math/number based. 

Edited by dragonjim64, 29 August 2019 - 09:09 AM.

PapaG9CY #29 Posted 28 August 2019 - 08:57 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 21721 battles
  • [CYLOK]
I used to play WS when I had 5 loses in a row in multiplayer. It was relaxing playing the Live fire exercise if I remember correct( the first war story)

Greek Cypriot Squadron. The merge of -CYP- and LOK! You mad bro?

Add Cyprus flag ingame! Keep Calm and Respect small countries!

EE-9 Cascavel Commander 2001-2003 Cypriot National Guard.

dragonjim64 #30 Posted 29 August 2019 - 09:01 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11628 battles

View PostHuncho_Mystic, on 07 May 2019 - 02:03 AM, said:

this is EXACTLY the type of IDIOTIC thinking prevalent at WG/WoT. To answer your question
1 YES MOST multi-player games have single person PVE/ PVAI that allow you to play and level up. And since this is SUPPOSED to be a FREE game why does this bother you?!?!?!
2 If they made the game more fun like it used to be they wouldnt need to worry about number of players in PVP/MP or in WS/PG
3 REALLY?!?!? WHO CARES!?!?!?! as long as they are PLAYING THE GAME!!! You would rather NOBODY played, even in the myopic and dysfunctional multiplayer than have someone ENJOY a DIFFERENT aspect of the game than you do! I think its blatantly UNFAIR that this is a PAY TO WIN scheme and you have NO problem with that?!?!? So instead of acknowledging a unique way of bypassing the garbage that is PVP and allowing players to combat the Pay to Win premium tanks AND the measly XP points from being nothing more than a target you would rather shut it down. Brilliant thinking!!
4 This is so petty it makes me laugh. you sound jealous that you didnt think of it or that others "out-gunned" you. I have read where people have used nothing but premium shells and LOST 250k silver in a single match (multiplayer). I dont have that kind of money to be able to buy $100 worth of gold every month so I can shoot premium shells all day long. Or keep up with the latest premium tanks. 
Like I said, this is the exact lack of thought rampant at this company. They would rather make it so NOBODY wants to play.
Here are some ways I feel to make it better
change match parameters to 1 up, 1 down and NOT 2. i.e. tier 10 would NOT see tier 8, only 9 and 10. tier 8 would see tiers 7,8 and 9, etc
change WS back to what it was and allow players who dont want to play multiplayer a valid alternative (like MOST other games)
change ends on EVERY map EVERY match. there are distinct advantages on certain maps
I think those 3 would be the best ways to get more new players and have the core gamers come back

DANCING FLAMES #31 Posted 30 August 2019 - 03:40 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 41689 battles
I haven't even finished half of them. I didn't really see the point other than a novelty. I think what's sad is that ws and merc tanks are a great idea they implemented them horribly. To me it's a story of... could have, should have, but didnt, and unlikely never will at this point. Truly sad.

PureZX123 #32 Posted 17 October 2019 - 10:17 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8141 battles

I play War Stories a lot, they were a welcome addition to the game IMO. I test loadouts, upgrade tech tree tanks and sometimes even fully research them by playing WS. I always found WS to be a relaxing way to play without the stress of being hampered by 14 random muppets that seem hell bent on dying as quickly as possible but I still put money into the game, I buy premium time and tanks. I have noticed a definite downturn in earnings from WS, in both silver and XP. Initially you could earn around 100-150k per day by doing all the WS ops but that was massively nerfed when it came to the attention of WG. I believe it's been nerfed several times since then, only slightly but fairly regularly, why?  Could it be that WS is more popular than Multiplayer mode and the trend is making WG nervous?  There have been times when I have tried to join a multiplayer game only to find a very limited number of players in the queue, even though there have been a substantial number of players connected to the server.

I think that a far more pressing concern should be the number of career seal clubbers at tiers 1 and 2. I have seen someone with 9500+ games played in a Pz II. These people load premium ammo, fit binoculars to their tanks and then decimate the other team. I have seen platoons of seal clubbers doing this at low tiers, that's what's killing off the user base IMO. It's natural for players to play a game regularly, become proficient at it and/or get bored then move on to other things, it's the new players you need to look after. 

Highlordwurm #33 Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:14 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17609 battles

I see the sentiment of every PVE player is one less PVP player, but, if people don't want to play PVP but still want to drive around in tanks, screw them?  No fun for you!

I remember a day when people tried to sell entertainment by pleasing the customer, not telling them they are bad people for not enjoying what they are told to enjoy.  Sea of Thieves left a bad taste in my mouth on this topic, I would still be sailing my pirate ship alone (or with friends) in my safe little world, fighting Krakens and skeletons and just enjoying sailing in a beautiful world, but no!  I was denying PVP jerks the right to troll me so I had to go!  If MP was fun, we would not have to protect it from PVE, no?  I would like to be clear:  I only hold WG partly responsible for decisions, and no more so than any other company, yes, they have made bad decisions (and some really good ones, too, lets be honest), but really, when I have a frustrating game I want to blame MM, or the map, RNG, but mostly it is my bad decisions/skills or just the random luck of too many reds deciding 'left' over 'right' at the beginning of the match.

Capn Ratchet45 #34 Posted 21 October 2019 - 11:37 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21732 battles

View Postdragonjim64, on 29 August 2019 - 09:01 AM, said:

this is EXACTLY the type of IDIOTIC thinking prevalent at WG/WoT. To answer your question
1 YES MOST multi-player games have single person PVE/ PVAI that allow you to play and level up. And since this is SUPPOSED to be a FREE game why does this bother you?!?!?!
2 If they made the game more fun like it used to be they wouldnt need to worry about number of players in PVP/MP or in WS/PG
3 REALLY?!?!? WHO CARES!?!?!?! as long as they are PLAYING THE GAME!!! You would rather NOBODY played, even in the myopic and dysfunctional multiplayer than have someone ENJOY a DIFFERENT aspect of the game than you do! I think its blatantly UNFAIR that this is a PAY TO WIN scheme and you have NO problem with that?!?!? So instead of acknowledging a unique way of bypassing the garbage that is PVP and allowing players to combat the Pay to Win premium tanks AND the measly XP points from being nothing more than a target you would rather shut it down. Brilliant thinking!!
4 This is so petty it makes me laugh. you sound jealous that you didnt think of it or that others "out-gunned" you. I have read where people have used nothing but premium shells and LOST 250k silver in a single match (multiplayer). I dont have that kind of money to be able to buy $100 worth of gold every month so I can shoot premium shells all day long. Or keep up with the latest premium tanks. 
Like I said, this is the exact lack of thought rampant at this company. They would rather make it so NOBODY wants to play.
Here are some ways I feel to make it better
change match parameters to 1 up, 1 down and NOT 2. i.e. tier 10 would NOT see tier 8, only 9 and 10. tier 8 would see tiers 7,8 and 9, etc
change WS back to what it was and allow players who dont want to play multiplayer a valid alternative (like MOST other games)
change ends on EVERY map EVERY match. there are distinct advantages on certain maps
I think those 3 would be the best ways to get more new players and have the core gamers come back

nobody pays for prem shells with gold. its easy to be able to fire 'gold' with in game currency.

stop looking only at one match. you CAN lose on one match, and earn it back on the next.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users