tier 10 FV4202

FV4202 gold tier 10 meta all tier 10 games

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: tier 10 FV4202 (60 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 50 battles in order to participate this poll.

What should be the gold shell for FV4202?

1. HEAT (8 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

2. Prem HESH (52 votes [86.67%])

Percentage of vote: 86.67%

Vote Hide poll

scoopers1913 #1 Posted 07 March 2019 - 11:27 AM

Private

• Players
  • 21344 battles
Is there anyone who think that the Fv4202 should have heat for gold shells instead of premium hesh? I like the 4202 a lot but i often find myself in situations where i need to go head on with tier 10 heavies, and without the heat, i'm simply unable to pen them whatsoever. i think WG should change the gold shells to heat so that the 4202 can fit the meta nowadays better. don't forget the 4202 was balanced around the meta a few years ago where it's still possible to pen maus and type 5 without gold because they actually had weak point that were weak

FusionStar287 #2 Posted 07 March 2019 - 11:42 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20104 battles
  • [JOCO]
The FV4202 should keep its premium HESH rounds for multiple reasons.

Firstly, they make the tank very unique and offer a risk vs. reward style of ammo. Instead of just pressing a button for more pen you get an ammo type that can drastically increase your DPM when used well, and at the same time there are many cases in which its premium HESH is a worse option than its standard APCR since the HESH does have lower pen and can't pen through tracks/spaced armor. This adds extra tactics in every engagement the FV4202 is in and makes the tank feel much more rewarding to play.

Secondly, its standard APCR rounds are perfectly fine against the vast majority of tanks. Against most enemies having 268mm of pen is plenty to go through, and even many well armor tanks can be penned reliably though their weak points (which are also easily hit thanks to the FV4202's great gun handling). The only tanks that a FV4202 can't pen reliably in the open are the Maus and Type 5 Heavy, and both of those tanks are very easy to flank or retreat from when necessary (plus neither tank is very common to see in each match).

And lastly, the FV4202 is already an amazing tank as it is, so even if you view it getting a high pen HEAT round as a buff (which I'd argue isn't the case) you're arguing that one of the best, if not the best, tier X medium should be made even better. The FV4202 is in a great place where it is, as it's a great medium that really rewards high-skill play while requiring less experienced players to actually aim for weakpoints, flank, etc. instead of giving them the easy option of pressing the A button after they bounce a shot. The premium HESH adds to the character and the fun of the FV4202, as well as making it a devastating tank against enemies with mediocre armor, and to change that ammo to HEAT would be nothing but a bad change.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

Thrillhelm #3 Posted 07 March 2019 - 11:46 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32741 battles
  • [7ARMD]
Removing HESH would make the FV4202 more a piece of junk than it is right now.

FusionStar287 #4 Posted 07 March 2019 - 11:50 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20104 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostThrillhelm, on 07 March 2019 - 06:46 AM, said:

Removing HESH would make the FV4202 more a piece of junk than it is right now.

Sure, one of the most mobile tier X mediums that has very good frontal armor and a great gun is a piece of junk, let's go with that.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

R35T NO MORE #5 Posted 07 March 2019 - 11:53 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 15641 battles
  • [BNKR-]
I'm with Fusion here. The 4202 always had to pick and handle engagements carefully, it was part of the joy of playing the tank, because when you did it right and got that HESH going, it tore things up. Without the HESH, may as well just be the Patton. 

Thee Turtle God #6 Posted 07 March 2019 - 12:16 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 42469 battles
Lol if you need to spam prem play a different tank. 

I like turtles.

suicidalblues #7 Posted 07 March 2019 - 12:48 PM

Captain

• Supertest - PS4
  • 40656 battles
  • [WOFT]
In a span of less than 12 hours both the STA-2 and the 4202 have been called junk.

Just what exactly is going on here?

M4ntiX #8 Posted 07 March 2019 - 12:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27032 battles
  • [JOCO]
Is it finally a balanced tank then? No HEAT to spam so it's bad (according to some cartoon characters hehe). :P

I can't wait to unlock it, guys. Looks like an awesome piece of equipment.

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

GameWinner_001 #9 Posted 07 March 2019 - 01:10 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 41587 battles
  • [TOP-N]

View PostFusionStar287, on 07 March 2019 - 12:42 PM, said:

Firstly, they make the tank very unique and offer a risk vs. reward style of ammo. Instead of just pressing a button for more pen you get an ammo type that can drastically increase your DPM when used well, and at the same time there are many cases in which its premium HESH is a worse option than its standard APCR since the HESH does have lower pen and can't pen through tracks/spaced armor. This adds extra tactics in every engagement the FV4202 is in and makes the tank feel much more rewarding to play.

Secondly, its standard APCR rounds are perfectly fine against the vast majority of tanks. Against most enemies having 268mm of pen is plenty to go though, and even many well armor tanks can be penned reliably though their weak points (which are also easily hit thanks to the FV4202's great gun handling). The only tanks that a FV4202 can't pen reliably in the open are the Maus and Type 5 Heavy, and both of those tanks are very easy to flank or retreat from when necessary (plus neither tank is very common to see in each match).

And lastly, the FV4202 is already an amazing tank as it is, so even if you view it getting a high pen HEAT round as a buff (which I'd agree isn't the case) you're arguing that one of the best, if not the best, tier X medium should be made even better. The FV4202 is in a great place where it is, as it's a great medium that really rewards high-skill play while requiring less experienced players to actually aim for weakpoints, flank, etc. instead of giving them the easy option of pressing the A button after they bounce a shot. The premium HESH adds to the character and the fun of the FV4202, as well as making it a devastating tank against enemies with mediocre armor, and to change that ammo to HEAT would be nothing but a bad change.

I fully agree, that premium HESH round is one of the points that makes this tank so special.

Stedyone01 #10 Posted 07 March 2019 - 01:16 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23954 battles

View PostFusionStar287, on 07 March 2019 - 06:42 AM, said:

Secondly, its standard APCR rounds are perfectly fine against the vast majority of tanks. Against most enemies having 268mm of pen is plenty to go though, and even many well armor tanks can be penned reliably though their weak points (which are also easily hit thanks to the FV4202's great gun handling). The only tanks that a FV4202 can't pen reliably in the open are the Maus and Type 5 Heavy, and both of those tanks are very easy to flank or retreat from when necessary (plus neither tank is very common to see in each match).

And lastly, the FV4202 is already an amazing tank as it is, so even if you view it getting a high pen HEAT round as a buff (which I'd agree isn't the case) you're arguing that one of the best, if not the best, tier X medium should be made even better. The FV4202 is in a great place where it is, as it's a great medium that really rewards high-skill play while requiring less experienced players to actually aim for weakpoints, flank, etc. instead of giving them the easy option of pressing the A button after they bounce a shot. The premium HESH adds to the character and the fun of the FV4202, as well as making it a devastating tank against enemies with mediocre armor, and to change that ammo to HEAT would be nothing but a bad change.

^^^This absolutely This. Great post and reply^^^

PinkishOcean430 #11 Posted 07 March 2019 - 02:10 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3915 battles
  • [UMFF5]
Wait...so a premium round that trades pen for damage!?  Almost like it makes sense, vs pen gain for zero trade off.

Tempest fox3 #12 Posted 07 March 2019 - 02:18 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20079 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostM4ntiX, on 07 March 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

Is it finally a balanced tank then? No HEAT to spam so it's bad (according to some cartoon characters hehe). :P

I can't wait to unlock it, guys. Looks like an awesome piece of equipment.

Fusion and I were testing the Armour in a team training room, the turret is actually tougher than I thought it would be. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

Thrillhelm #13 Posted 07 March 2019 - 02:44 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32741 battles
  • [7ARMD]

View PostFusionStar287, on 07 March 2019 - 11:50 AM, said:

Sure, one of the most mobile tier X mediums that has very good frontal armor and a great gun is a piece of junk, let's go with that.

It's a redundant tank nonetheless, talk about frontal armor when comparing it to Obj. 140 and Obj. 430 U, and "a great gun" isn't something other Tier X mediums lack. But I guess fanboyism is a valid argument in this forum now.

R35T NO MORE #14 Posted 07 March 2019 - 03:05 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 15641 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostThrillhelm, on 07 March 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

It's a redundant tank nonetheless, talk about frontal armor when comparing it to Obj. 140 and Obj. 430 U, and "a great gun" isn't something other Tier X mediums lack. But I guess fanboyism is a valid argument in this forum now.

What? Lol. Go check its effective armour. Facts..Try using them instead of nonsense. 140s frontal hull armour isn't anywhere close to the 4202s. Far from redundant. The only 105 armed tank that can compete is the M48. Which is a better tank than the Soviet meds itself. 

People are going to learn the hard way it seems. This 4202 is far better than the old version. I've seen tier X heavies bounce less enemy shots than this tank does. Underestimating it isn't wise. 

Thrillhelm #15 Posted 07 March 2019 - 03:21 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32741 battles
  • [7ARMD]
There we are, FVanboys at work. Keep talking like its the hottest thing ever, its a redundant tank with HESH being its only redeeming quality. I wonder how long WG will last when they cater to clans who push their agendas.

Thee Turtle God #16 Posted 07 March 2019 - 03:34 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 42469 battles

View PostThrillhelm, on 07 March 2019 - 11:21 AM, said:

There we are, FVanboys at work. Keep talking like its the hottest thing ever, its a redundant tank with HESH being its only redeeming quality. I wonder how long WG will last when they cater to clans who push their agendas.

I like turtles.

Thrillhelm #17 Posted 07 March 2019 - 03:38 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32741 battles
  • [7ARMD]

"Oh the FV4202 is the greatest WG gift to manking but I want it for free even though I got compensated with a much better tank and a premium tier 8 on top of that, and it's such a good tank in an environment where WG nerfed E50 M and STB-1, has still OP Soviet medium tanks and let's ignore for a moment that other mediums exist on tier X so I can dream about what a great tank the FV4202 is."

I guess WG had no better things to do than putting up a smokescreen for their lack of communication,

Thee Turtle God #18 Posted 07 March 2019 - 03:45 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 42469 battles

View PostThrillhelm, on 07 March 2019 - 11:38 AM, said:

"Oh the FV4202 is the greatest WG gift to manking but I want it for free even though I got compensated with a much better tank and a premium tier 8 on top of that, and it's such a good tank in an environment where WG nerfed E50 M and STB-1, has still OP Soviet medium tanks and let's ignore for a moment that other mediums exist on tier X so I can dream about what a great tank the FV4202 is."

I guess WG had no better things to do than putting up a smokescreen for their lack of communication,

1 that is subjective. AX is not better than the 4202, it is just different. The 8 prem was not wanted and is awful compared to other prems, and comparing it to the old 4202, the p is a disgrace. 

2 Soviet meds are not OP.

People were dreaming of this tank because IT WAS NEEDLESSLY REMOVED FROM THE GAME. They have finally acknowledged this and re-added, there was no smokescreen, and this is not the "clans" doing.

I like turtles.

AwardedSteak863 #19 Posted 07 March 2019 - 04:14 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24885 battles
  • [47R]

View PostFusionStar287, on 07 March 2019 - 05:42 AM, said:

Secondly, its standard APCR rounds are perfectly fine against the vast majority of tanks. Against most enemies having 268mm of pen is plenty to go through, and even many well armor tanks can be penned reliably though their weak points (which are also easily hit thanks to the FV4202's great gun handling). The only tanks that a FV4202 can't pen reliably in the open are the Maus and Type 5 Heavy, and both of those tanks are very easy to flank or retreat from when necessary (plus neither tank is very common to see in each match).

And lastly, the FV4202 is already an amazing tank as it is, so even if you view it getting a high pen HEAT round as a buff (which I'd argue isn't the case) you're arguing that one of the best, if not the best, tier X medium should be made even better. The FV4202 is in a great place where it is, as it's a great medium that really rewards high-skill play while requiring less experienced players to actually aim for weakpoints, flank, etc. instead of giving them the easy option of pressing the A button after they bounce a shot. The premium HESH adds to the character and the fun of the FV4202, as well as making it a devastating tank against enemies with mediocre armor, and to change that ammo to HEAT would be nothing but a bad change.

I completely agree.  The 4202 is such a unique tank at tier X.  No reason to make it like all the other heat spamming tanks at tier X.

Signature by METALHELLIONx84

El Materdor43 #20 Posted 07 March 2019 - 04:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 31944 battles
  • [HACKS]

View PostThrillhelm, on 07 March 2019 - 10:21 AM, said:

About the same amount of time catering to bad players who don’t want OP tanks nerfed who push their agendas

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users