Remove Assualt Mode

Assualt Assualt mode Remove

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

PhantomBlckGoat #1 Posted 08 March 2019 - 11:48 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3573 battles
Just another post wondering when the paint eating contest known as Assualt mode is finally going to be deleted from existence. Nobody likes this mode. It’s almost to the point where suicide is a better alternative than ending up on the attacking team and watching your teammates camp in base the whole time.

SirDerp-a-lot #2 Posted 09 March 2019 - 12:26 AM

Major

• Players
  • 51316 battles
  • [GER_1]
I disagree. It's bad on some maps, but not on all.

DwarfOnDrugs #3 Posted 09 March 2019 - 12:52 AM

Major

• Players
  • 30408 battles
  • [-UNL-]

90% of the WGCB assault maps are pure [edited], no other way to say it.

Ardennes assault, Mali assault shows the pure stupidity of CBs map design.

Just follow PC for the love of god

Sammael85 #4 Posted 09 March 2019 - 01:13 AM

Major

• Players
  • 24046 battles
  • [FAC]
...And here goes another "my halfbaked opinion is everyone's opinion" thread! Gotta love Fridays.

Ah, and it's ASSAULT btw. ;)

Some might say i'm not constructive enough... Too bad i'm actually a deconstructivist

Si eres español/hispano y te sientes aislado por WG, no estás solo: Hay un Batallón Exiliado dispuesto a ayudarte

Hear me ROAR!!!

Sammael85 #5 Posted 09 March 2019 - 01:15 AM

Major

• Players
  • 24046 battles
  • [FAC]

View PostDwarfOnDrugs, on 09 March 2019 - 01:52 AM, said:

90% of the WGCB assault maps are pure [edited], no other way to say it.

Ardennes assault, Mali assault shows the pure stupidity of CBs map design.

Just follow PC for the love of god

(damn how i hate doubleposting despite how dumb this board and it's aged flaws are...) I thought that point on how clueless are WG C-B in map designing got clear when they started to throw out the maps with extreme inclemencies and those aberrations like Nomonhan, Caen, Raiseiniai, etc. :mellow:

Some might say i'm not constructive enough... Too bad i'm actually a deconstructivist

Si eres español/hispano y te sientes aislado por WG, no estás solo: Hay un Batallón Exiliado dispuesto a ayudarte

Hear me ROAR!!!

PhantomBlckGoat #6 Posted 09 March 2019 - 01:20 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3573 battles

View PostSammael85, on 09 March 2019 - 01:13 AM, said:

...And here goes another "my halfbaked opinion is everyone's opinion" thread! Gotta love Fridays.

Ah, and it's ASSAULT btw. ;)

Am I wrong though? Assualt mode is an exercise in frustration and a near guaranteed loss for the attacking team, unless the broken matchmaker gifts you 3 top-tier platoons go decent players which almost NEVER happens. I’d love to see the statistics showing win percentages for assualting teams, can’t be more than 25%.

Sammael85 #7 Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:06 AM

Major

• Players
  • 24046 battles
  • [FAC]

The problem on assault mode, putting certain halfbaked maps out of the equation, results on the people itself as you say. I've seen plenty of battles where a defending team camping on the base ended up obliterated like rats because they didn't moved a single bit and got caught on their supposedly good defending positions. And the extreme opposite as well, defending teams that went too far away destroying the attacking team on one flank just to get capped because the attackers succeeded pushing an unnatended or poorly attended flank.

As you can see, the problem is not on the mode itself.

EDIT: I think i'm getting your inner joke in your own personal renaming, not bad! ;)

Hear me ROAR!!!

I am Zweistein #8 Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:48 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32590 battles
  • [2S]
Agreed its not the mode thats the problem...
As with most things the problem isnt the thing or situation itself but much more how it is dealt with... lets take this example:
We are defending... im the scout and i detect 10 of the enemy tanks coming down one flank!
My team has left the base and pushes down the OTHER flank and kill the 5 enemies on that side! 5 enemies dead so far so good!
So i ping the map to make them aware of the 10 tanks coming down the side that is not covered...
And now it gets interesting... several teammates give me an affirmative BUT continue pushing their side... i ping the map again and mark some targets!
Again several teamates give an affirmative BUT STILL KEEP PUSHING THEIR SIDE!
Both teams are now on opposite sides of the map!
The enemy capped out and my team TOO FAR away to do anything!
Just one example...
Or how about RASEINAI... lost to cap in 2minutes because the team went to the castle!
Payback a few games later when i was platooned... i told my platoon what had happened and said lets do the same and again cap in two minutes!

I dont think anything should be changed purely to accomodate the incompetence of some players....

PhantomBlckGoat #9 Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:14 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3573 battles
I just don’t get why we can’t have the option to not play it, players on PC mode have the option to turn the mode off when searching for a match. I feel like it’s just there so the sub-45% WR players can get a free win every once in a while when they get matched on the Defending team (which I guarantee wins upwards of 70% of the time because it’s so easy).

Aethelwulf Rex #10 Posted 10 March 2019 - 09:13 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 33957 battles
  • [MONG0]
My experience is the defending team loses because the [edited]attack instead of defending and get wiped.../sigh ..mongs can’t read see them milling around the diamonds wondering why clock isn’t ticking lol

Blakenstein131 #11 Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:57 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10281 battles
  • [BWCOY]
Nothing wrong with assault mode and it mixes things up which is always good in my book.

StillLifeSkull #12 Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:25 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23104 battles

View PostI am Zweistein, on 09 March 2019 - 11:48 AM, said:

Agreed its not the mode thats the problem...
As with most things the problem isnt the thing or situation itself but much more how it is dealt with... lets take this example:
We are defending... im the scout and i detect 10 of the enemy tanks coming down one flank!
My team has left the base and pushes down the OTHER flank and kill the 5 enemies on that side! 5 enemies dead so far so good!
So i ping the map to make them aware of the 10 tanks coming down the side that is not covered...
And now it gets interesting... several teammates give me an affirmative BUT continue pushing their side... i ping the map again and mark some targets!
Again several teamates give an affirmative BUT STILL KEEP PUSHING THEIR SIDE!
Both teams are now on opposite sides of the map!
The enemy capped out and my team TOO FAR away to do anything!
Just one example...
Or how about RASEINAI... lost to cap in 2minutes because the team went to the castle!
Payback a few games later when i was platooned... i told my platoon what had happened and said lets do the same and again cap in two minutes!

I dont think anything should be changed purely to accomodate the incompetence of some players....

Agree. I have taken to shouting DEFEND THE BASE before the game starts in hopes folks wont play like idiots and assault the assaulters instead of taking up good defensive positions. It seldom works.

StillLifeSkull #13 Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:20 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23104 battles
... --- ...

Edited by StillLifeSkull, 15 March 2019 - 03:44 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users