Dumb Things Heard In Game

WTF?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

UBERSICKO #1 Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:12 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36183 battles

Today I was playing a game on Caen and I struck up a conversation with the arty as you do and we started talking about the tank I was in (LEO) about its pro's and con's. Well the next thing you hear is a guy telling us that he had to turn on his headset to tell us to be quite because we were being to loud for him and to keep the comms open but the stupid thing was arty and I were the only two talking, then all of a sudden more jumped in to the conversation telling this guy he's a idiot for talking for telling people to be quite about talking about tanks in the game. He quickly shut up after that.

Any other crazy/stupid things people have said to you?

FusionStar287 #2 Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:20 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20413 battles
  • [JOCO]
I rarely ever end up in game chat (and when I do it's usually by accident), but I'm always amazed just how much bad and incorrect advice gets thrown around as though it's fact (actually, that might explain alot about randoms). I've heard everything from the old classics like crushing the boxes in your cap circle let the enemy cap faster (which some people still believe) to enemy tanks hacking because a teammate is being shot by an undetected tank. I've given up even trying to correct these people at this point since so many of them try to say I don't know what I'm talking about and continue talking about how the KV-2 is supposed to be firing AP ammo with the 152mm gun.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

UBERSICKO #3 Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:28 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36183 battles
I had a guy in a Conway telling me I'm going the wrong way on a map and kept arguing with me about it instead of helping out the team which lemming trained and got kill while myself and another two tanks destroyed all that we faced and captured the enemy flag, didn't hear peep out of him.

HomicidalApple0 #4 Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:55 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2919 battles

View PostFusionStar287, on 14 March 2019 - 05:20 PM, said:

I rarely ever end up in game chat (and when I do it's usually by accident), but I'm always amazed just how much bad and incorrect advice gets thrown around as though it's fact (actually, that might explain alot about randoms). I've heard everything from the old classics like crushing the boxes in your cap circle let the enemy cap faster (which some people still believe) to enemy tanks hacking because a teammate is being shot by an undetected tank. I've given up even trying to correct these people at this point since so many of them try to say I don't know what I'm talking about and continue talking about how the KV-2 is supposed to be firing AP ammo with the 152mm gun.

I love the hacking comments they make me laugh so much. Its crazy how people can play this game for a lot longer than myself and not take a little time to look into the machanics, it’s 2019 and as easy as a google search to find stuff to read here or YouTube vids explaining. 

I had a tier 10 match yesterday where I was low tier in my Borsig, I moved with two other TDs to the left side where I had a bush I was putting suppressing fire down to the right side that was getting pushed. A tier 9 batchat got himself rolled over and sat there all match yelling how we were all doing the wrong thing. End game stats come up and he did 0 damage with 500 assisted to my 4,000 dmg. 

I dint mnow what people expect other than that drom a low tier td with paper mache armor. 

I never hnderstand the peiple that yell on a video video game when they get absolutely steamcrolled and don’t pull their weight and when they have plenty of support themselves they still blame everyone else

Sammael85 #5 Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 26140 battles
  • [FAC]
I've actually muted the in-game chat because of the non-sense and stupidity one hears most of the time, specially on NA.

People just think that having a mouth entitles them to be heard all the Scheize they have to spew.

Sadriel Fett #6 Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:42 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 28386 battles
  • [DARMY]

This is why I have the game chat volume all the way down.  

"No time for love, Dr. Jones."

~ "This game would be great, if it wasn't for our teammates." ~

~ There's no such thing as Arty Safe. You have to play Arty Aware. You have to play SmArty. ~

psmobius1 #7 Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32125 battles
  • [USA1]
In game chat is annoying and useless 99% of the time. I start the game and then start a party chat, switch it to private, and enjoy the game in peace and quiet. 

xz TC zx #8 Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:47 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 25334 battles
  • [N3RDS]
couple days ago had a guy throwing a cussing fit because the surviving tanks wouldn't cap....it was a team destruction match. :amazed:

SaltyMcD #9 Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:04 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 21969 battles
  • [GUARD]
I don’t like to hear chit chat during a battle.  I just mute individuals/platoons that annoy me .  

“ Never trust a forum member that uses an Anime profile pic .”      - SaltyMcD 

ThermalStone #10 Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33439 battles
  • [80085]

My team early capped and I signalled "Negative" "Attack".  I got a message accusing me of being a never cap kill all nutcase.  I looked up his stats: sure enough, 46 percent WL.

I tried very politely to explain to him the philosophy behind never capturing and how it could make him a better player.  I suggested that he try not capturing under any circumstances for 1000 games and see what that does to his win percentage.  I don't know if I got through but we did exchange some polite messages after that.  I hope I was helpful.

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.

HomicidalApple0 #11 Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:33 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2919 battles

View PostSaltyMcD, on 14 March 2019 - 08:04 PM, said:

I don’t like to hear chit chat during a battle.  I just mute individuals/platoons that annoy me .  

I do the same with muting. It really is irritating when platoons come on talking about nonsense, why would you not make a party? Then you can talk about whatever you want while playing

Curious Dan #12 Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:37 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33815 battles
Once in the post-battle screen, I overheard someone complaining that they still lost silver even though we won the match. Someone else came on the microphone to offer advice.

He said "Man if you want to make silver playing these higher tiers, you gotta turn off auto-resupply in the garage menu, then you'll make some money."

I just sat there in silence. Does this explain when my teammates die without firing a shot? Maybe they didnt feel like paying for ammo anymore.

BLADE R0GERS #13 Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:26 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 21452 battles

View Postpsmobius1, on 14 March 2019 - 06:48 PM, said:

In game chat is annoying and useless 99% of the time. I start the game and then start a party chat, switch it to private, and enjoy the game in peace and quiet. 

This is what I have been doing for the last few months. I wish I had started doing that years ago. 

test777777 #14 Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:14 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11108 battles
  • [RSMOJ]

Firstly, i'm suffering old person syndrome so I'm going to blab on a bit and one might assume it's a rant, it's not really, it's just stubborn old man banter. 

So here it is:

A mute is dumb, a person who speaks is not. Not all Dumb people are mutes but all dumb people cannot speak.  That's how it used to be....ahhh but for the proles.  Proles with no clue get involved and due to their ignorance and limits of understanding they believe a person who is dumb ie cannot speak  is only dumb because they must be intellectually stupid and over time the idea that dumb relates to an inability to speak is completely lost on those people and we end up with dumb in the dictionary as being a word synonymous with stupid(ok so it's informal and not usually definition 1 or 2) but still, welcome to stupid evolution of the English language.

Since i'm suffering from old person syndrome, I'm mildly miffed at that.  I might be inclined to think the premise and concept of the topic itself with the use of the word dumb and the context as being completely ridiculous --- stupidest thing a dumb person has said? . Dumb people don't speak so people don't say dumb people don't say things. People who aren't dumb do that. I might even be inclined to be offended by the belief that dumb people are stupid people. however, being offended by continued misuse(in my world) of the word dumb would be stupid since it's quite commonly used in that way and being offended by something like that is stupid in itself but  I'm not going to use it in that way because i'm a stubborn old codger.  Feel free to flame away, I deserve it and this take is realistically flame worthy.

I know the topic wasn't intended to be about "dumb" and more about stupid people and the things people say in game but I can tie both in. By far the stupidest things that I have heard actually  come from those who act dumb  when it matters due to no Mic or not bothering to speak during battle. These people who act dumb, aren't really, they just don't bother when it matters and get themselves into all sorts of bother and then wow, their dumbness is cured. They equip a mic or start using their Mic for the purpose of complaining, ranting and insulting. Way to go stupid person, you have misunderstood how to use your voice to communicate anything useful in relation to the game. Stupid people doing stupid things.  Hello Stupid!!! 

When it comes to communication and coordinating as a team, blanket enforcing dumb on everyone by not allowing anyone's voice to be heard is a bit stupid too. While I might agree that much of what is heard on Mic comes from a proponent of players who abuse the communication channel, there's a bunch of times when valid communication is requested or desirable and without the ability to be part of that, it is limiting team effectiveness. When I speak and ask if anyone has any idea where a certain tank is,  forcing every player  to be dumb by muting everyone or turning off in game chat all together so I am mute is counter productive to the team effort.   Refusing to be involved with communication due to the minorities abusing the Mic is somewhat stupid. 

If there are lots of non game prattle or foreign language prattle or noise which detracts from communication effectiveness, It's smarter to actively turn those into dumb mutes by using the mute function. Making them dumb doesn't mean I'm making them stupid, forcing dumb on everyone universally is stupid.  

Edited by test777777, 15 March 2019 - 05:17 AM.

Playing it safe

tbh smh fam #15 Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:56 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5091 battles

View PostBLADE R0GERS, on 15 March 2019 - 01:26 AM, said:

This is what I have been doing for the last few months. I wish I had started doing that years ago. 

There's an option in the audio settings to turn down the volume of chat in game. 

deadman1921 #16 Posted 15 March 2019 - 06:07 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 30012 battles
  • [NONE]
Don’t mute and enjoy the ignorance

Soldiers of the One | Loyalty to NONE

test777777 #17 Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:09 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11108 battles
  • [RSMOJ]

View PostThermalStone, on 15 March 2019 - 04:11 AM, said:

My team early capped and I signalled "Negative" "Attack".  I got a message accusing me of being a never cap kill all nutcase.  I looked up his stats: sure enough, 46 percent WL.

While I agree their attitude seems to be rather limiting on their part, I don't think they would have the influence in battles to overcome the more dominant forces which control win/loss.  I don't think it's very wise to draw any specific conclusions as to why players might have a below average win rate or above average win rate or even average win rate apart from the idea that they aren't elite.  Almost every player fits in the same category for a multitude of reasons.

I suspect too that there are players out there who prefer capping over attrition who have  above average WR% and a much higher base capture point per game rating too. Yes this latter statement is purely speculation. 

Playing it safe

Afro Palestine #18 Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:35 AM

Major

• Players
  • 57325 battles
  • [HKC]

View Posttest777777, on 15 March 2019 - 05:14 AM, said:

Firstly, i'm suffering old person syndrome so I'm going to blab on a bit and one might assume it's a rant, it's not really, it's just stubborn old man banter. 

So here it is:

A mute is dumb, a person who speaks is not. Not all Dumb people are mutes but all dumb people cannot speak.  That's how it used to be... 

I get it, but:  150 years ago. Since your grandfather was a child 'dumb' has been understood to be a reference to intellectual status.  And understood to have a defunct meaning: unable to speak. 

So really, a mute person is not know as 'dumb' any-more.  They are mute, or 'unable to speak'. 

M4ntiX #19 Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:42 AM

Major

• Players
  • 30935 battles
  • [JOCO]
Heard all kinds of stupid things, but one is for certain.

If there is a guy on comms at the beginning of the game telling you how crap the teams are and that he keeps on losing because of that, he will be the first one to yolo and die only to call you all idiots and leave the game. Had this happen so many times I will, on occasion, unmute the mic to tell the team what will happen. I will also sometimes send him a message saying we carried his useless behind and won. Know the type I'm talking about?

You can click on my e-peen:

"No one in history has ever been insulted into agreement." - Arthur Brooks

LEEFERNEE #20 Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:50 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 16030 battles
  • [BNKR-]

Years ago I had someone rage at me for destroying the crates in our cap. 

Stating that the crates give the greens a quicker reload as they are ammo boxes and you should never drive through them as it affects everyone's reload. 

If nothing else works, a total pig headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through. 

Also tagged with WTF?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users