Question about assisted dmg? @WG

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Koneko Da Best #1 Posted 17 March 2019 - 09:59 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25903 battles
  • [K-F-C]
So I've been wondering this for awhile but why does damaging a module like an engine, ammo rack or fuel tank not give any assisted? I mean if you damage someone's engine it's quite literally the same as tracking them and yet you get no assisted. And when you damage an ammo rack and then your teammate pop's their turret off next shot it seems a bit annoying that you get no assisted for that given they couldn't have gotten said ammo racking shot without your previous shot. Same with damaging a fuel tank then a teammate getting a fire off of it right after... So I'm curious on why all of that doesn't garner any assisted? :confused:

ooo NO ONE ooo #2 Posted 17 March 2019 - 12:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 55534 battles
  • [MMTLS]
I totally agree with ammo rack. The others may be a little less clear cut, not sure.

3 MoE's: Tier V: M-7, Stug III G, SU 85 - Tier VI: AMX Chaffee, AMX 12-t, M4A3E8, VK30.01.D, VK.30.02.M, VK30.01.P, JPanz IV, T 34 85, T 34 88, A 43, Chi-To, Hellcat, MT-25, Fury - Tier VII: T-71, T-20, Panther, VK.30.02.D, T-43, AMX 13 75 - Tier VIII: AMX 13 90. T-44. - Tier IX: Leopard PTA, T-54.

100%

Sammael85 #3 Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:49 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21458 battles
  • [FAC]
Assist works in this way, the closer you are the more you get, but if someone shoots something within it's own range you don't percieve nothing even if you're the one actually painting tanks.

That said, i've perceived assists from module damaging, ammo racks and fire included. It's kinda random as i've perceived track assistance of 0 damage sometimes :rolleyes: 

"Como se te ocurre pensar eso, ¿no ves que todos los "Pros" tiran premium ? Por algo sera, solo unos pocos están capacitados para hacerlo" - By Enjamio

Si eres español/hispano y te sientes aislado por WG, no estás solo: Hay un Batallón Exiliado dispuesto a ayudarte

Frags, autism, shenanigans and utter lag HERE

Rubbelito #4 Posted 17 March 2019 - 06:08 PM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 21307 battles
  • [TNT]

View PostSammael85, on 17 March 2019 - 06:49 PM, said:

Assist works in this way, the closer you are the more you get,

Ehmmm....what?

What exactly are you saying and where did you find that info?

Sammael85 #5 Posted 17 March 2019 - 11:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21458 battles
  • [FAC]

View PostRubbelito, on 17 March 2019 - 07:08 PM, said:

Ehmmm....what?

What exactly are you saying and where did you find that info?

That's "info" perceived after several battles doing active and passive scouting, i detect a number of guys, a heavy/medium/flock of forementioned gets way too closer, people starts shooting the stuff detected and bam, they get assistance because they are now the ones "detecting" the objective as they are dangerously more closer than me and their radios are on touch with the radios of the shooters.

Sure they end up destroyed in the most miserable ways as they deserve for being so brainlessly reckless, but they got the assisted damage that should have been mine, a look on the post-battle stats at the end tells it perfectly.

"Como se te ocurre pensar eso, ¿no ves que todos los "Pros" tiran premium ? Por algo sera, solo unos pocos están capacitados para hacerlo" - By Enjamio

Si eres español/hispano y te sientes aislado por WG, no estás solo: Hay un Batallón Exiliado dispuesto a ayudarte

Koneko Da Best #6 Posted 18 March 2019 - 01:10 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25903 battles
  • [K-F-C]

View PostSammael85, on 17 March 2019 - 05:11 PM, said:

That's "info" perceived after several battles doing active and passive scouting, i detect a number of guys, a heavy/medium/flock of forementioned gets way too closer, people starts shooting the stuff detected and bam, they get assistance because they are now the ones "detecting" the objective as they are dangerously more closer than me and their radios are on touch with the radios of the shooters.

Sure they end up destroyed in the most miserable ways as they deserve for being so brainlessly reckless, but they got the assisted damage that should have been mine, a look on the post-battle stats at the end tells it perfectly.

Spot assist has nothing to do with how close you are I've been within 50 meters of a guy and someone 300 meters out will get the assisted so....

Sammael85 #7 Posted 18 March 2019 - 01:55 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21458 battles
  • [FAC]

View PostKoneko Da Best, on 18 March 2019 - 02:10 AM, said:

Spot assist has nothing to do with how close you are I've been within 50 meters of a guy and someone 300 meters out will get the assisted so....

One day i'll get you a screenshot proving my point.

Rubbelito #8 Posted 18 March 2019 - 06:23 AM

Major

• 21307 battles
  • [TNT]

View PostSammael85, on 18 March 2019 - 12:11 AM, said:

That's wrong.

Distance doesn't matter. Either you spot them, or you don't.

If you're getting low assist numbers it's because there are several of you that can spot the same targets and therefore you share the assist.

f1mitku #9 Posted 18 March 2019 - 07:01 AM

Major

• Players
  • 40916 battles

Spot damage depends on the distance of course and how many other tanks see the red tank while the shooters don’t see it and so on.

But tracking assist is not dependent on the distance. And I think assist damage in this case is counting all the cases when the red tank can’t move at all - thus if it’s tracked (red tracks) or its engine is fully damaged (red engine).

Rubbelito #10 Posted 18 March 2019 - 07:31 AM

Major

• 21307 battles
  • [TNT]

View Postf1mitku, on 18 March 2019 - 08:01 AM, said:

Spot damage depends on the distance of course and how many other tanks see the red tank while the shooters don’t see it and so on.

It's not dependent on the distance more than that you need to be close enough to spot the target.

test777777 #11 Posted 18 March 2019 - 09:22 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 10632 battles
  • [RSMOJ]

I have wondered the similar thing.

There are so many actions which assist in the killing. For many of them there is a direct damage component which rewards the player so for example, if I set someone on fire and watch it tick down only for someone to kill it while it's still on fire, I feel I've been robbed of the arsonist medal but there's still the XP(I think) and silver earned from the burning damage ticks but there's nothing if the damage is minimal.

This is especially noticeable y when under gunned and can't put out much damage or fail to do damage at all but manage to critically hit crew and modules such as gun, ammo rack, driver, loader or engine which all contribute to nullifying a red tank.

Is there any XP or silver earned for critical hitting modules at all if it's less than 5? 

Playing it safe

f1mitku #12 Posted 18 March 2019 - 09:31 AM

Major

• Players
  • 40916 battles

View PostRubbelito, on 18 March 2019 - 09:31 AM, said:

It's not dependent on the distance more than that you need to be close enough to spot the target.

Yes... that was what I've meant when mentioning distance. It's not that the distance is measured directly to calculate the assisted damage, but you have to be close enough to spot the red tank, plus it depends how many other green tanks also have spot on that red (so the spot assist will be spread and calculated for them too) and also the shooters shouldn't have their on sight in order that spot assists take place. 

test777777 #13 Posted 18 March 2019 - 09:35 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 10632 battles
  • [RSMOJ]

View PostRubbelito, on 18 March 2019 - 03:31 PM, said:

That's as I understand it too.  I don't have it qualified though. There's certainly a distance component when it comes to XP for direct damage but whether that applies in any way  to assisted damage, I don't think so but I do not know.  As far as I know, if i'm Face hugging a red and green arty  drops a 1 shot and i'm the only one who has spotted it, I get the same XP and assist damage as if I was hidden in the bushes nearby. I don't know what would happen with the assist XP for Spotting and Tracked damage in that situation if I was the only person to spot and also tracked it. I suspect tracked assist would be awarded. Whether the XP for tracked assist is the same as the XP for spot assist, I also do not know. 

Playing it safe

Fishfood50 #14 Posted 18 March 2019 - 11:33 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 702 battles
I would agree with the engine, hell I get a bit annoyed not getting assisted even though the guy can't move because he has no engine. As to racking and fire, they can both be done with a single shot so did the damage you did help? It will sometimes and others make no odds so I don't have an issue with no assistance for this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users