HMH AMX Modele 58 - My Opinion of It so far

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

The Turkey Tank #1 Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:02 PM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 34554 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

WN8:4100   Twitch   My Youtube  LTTB Guide  Ru 251 Guide Batchat 25t.

Signature by Desyatnik Pansy General Scout Tips & Tricks

xxBattleroyAL #2 Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:41 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17638 battles
Great review and great stream yesterday of the tank!  

SINSTR 01 #3 Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:50 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33711 battles
  • [N3RDS]
Good stuff, nice video, great game-play.

TDECK1 #4 Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:51 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46717 battles
Thanks for the detailed review. I’m passing on this one. It should have been preferred match making.

markyjmeech #5 Posted 20 March 2019 - 10:03 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 34827 battles
  • [AP-EX]
Nice video :honoring:

A prestigious member of the Senior Technical Engineer Club 

Twitch channel if anyone is interested  https://www.twitch.tv/markyjmeech Twitter @Markyjmeech Discord Markyjmeech SZQWCz9.jpg

The Turkey Tank #6 Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:56 PM

Major

• 34554 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostxxBattleroyAL, on 20 March 2019 - 04:41 PM, said:

Great review and great stream yesterday of the tank!  

View PostSINSTR 01, on 20 March 2019 - 04:50 PM, said:

Good stuff, nice video, great game-play.

View PostTDECK1, on 20 March 2019 - 04:51 PM, said:

Thanks for the detailed review. I’m passing on this one. It should have been preferred match making.

View Postmarkyjmeech, on 20 March 2019 - 05:03 PM, said:

Nice video :honoring:

thanks all

prionsarebad #7 Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:21 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 46776 battles

View PostThe Turkey Tank, on 20 March 2019 - 11:56 PM, said:

thanks all

Can I just say that, although I appreciate you were reticent at first, adding voice-over has really elevated your videos to amongst the very best of console community contributors. I don't think that, as good as some of them are, anyone can match your skill/achievement level with running analysis of decision making processes.

My only polite request would be if occasionally you could post content not using the compass map. I know, I know....I've listened to you explain why you play with it, I get it, and I appreciate that you, personally, are a better player using it.....however some of us struggle with "situational awareness" and game-state overview with only the compass. An example might be on an open map when active scouting i might be actively driving by looking at my mini-map for a period of time to monitor my detection ranges and not watching the tank drive.

Thanks! :great::honoring:

happybill1968 #8 Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:55 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5987 battles

I bought the tank, it’s not bad but the lack of pen means mostly low damage games. Fix the pen I can work work with the rest of the package. 

Still this goes  along with the current WG plan of release nerfed tanks and hopefully it gets a buff one day 

SpandexRockstar #9 Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:14 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25336 battles
  • [OD1N]
Thanks for the review, mostly similar to what I've found so far and not an easy tank to play well alone. Very satisfying though when it comes together as tactics and strategy play more of a role than it's peers. In a platoon of two it really shines, is a lot of fun and we were making about 80k avg silver so in this respect I do think it's a good tank. Also, it looks a bit good.

MegladonALPHA #10 Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:22 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28102 battles
Maryland baby!

Xenith_Inc #11 Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 7043 battles

Thanks for the review, I'll probably pass on this one, even though it's gorgeous. Also, I know you're showing off the tank, but do you have any 'bad' games where we can see the other end of the spectrum? You don't recommend it, but still show you can have great games. What's the % of good to bad games? I can take a few awful games if on average it's, well. average for a Tier VIII light. 

You're a gifted player, but in almost all your videos, you do something and then immediately say "I'd recommend you don't do that". Isn't knowing when to  do that thing what makes a good player? Knowing when to push your luck, etc?

+++Generally found on PS4 EU server from 5 - 9pm CET+++

My YouTube Channel

The Turkey Tank #12 Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:57 PM

Major

• 34554 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View Postprionsarebad, on 21 March 2019 - 04:21 AM, said:

Can I just say that, although I appreciate you were reticent at first, adding voice-over has really elevated your videos to amongst the very best of console community contributors. I don't think that, as good as some of them are, anyone can match your skill/achievement level with running analysis of decision making processes.

My only polite request would be if occasionally you could post content not using the compass map. I know, I know....I've listened to you explain why you play with it, I get it, and I appreciate that you, personally, are a better player using it.....however some of us struggle with "situational awareness" and game-state overview with only the compass. An example might be on an open map when active scouting i might be actively driving by looking at my mini-map for a period of time to monitor my detection ranges and not watching the tank drive.

Thanks! :great::honoring:

appreciate the praise, unfortunately there's just no way since when I stream the overlay covers 2 rows of grid squares, even if I did switch that's too much missing information for me

The Turkey Tank #13 Posted 21 March 2019 - 08:00 PM

Major

• 34554 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostXenith_Inc, on 21 March 2019 - 08:39 AM, said:

Thanks for the review, I'll probably pass on this one, even though it's gorgeous. Also, I know you're showing off the tank, but do you have any 'bad' games where we can see the other end of the spectrum? You don't recommend it, but still show you can have great games. What's the % of good to bad games? I can take a few awful games if on average it's, well. average for a Tier VIII light. 

You're a gifted player, but in almost all your videos, you do something and then immediately say "I'd recommend you don't do that". Isn't knowing when to  do that thing what makes a good player? Knowing when to push your luck, etc?

frankly I just don't have the storage to capture my average games and thus the good games will take precedence. The reason I say that is because I really struggle to understand why I do some things and am able to get away without dying, so I tend want people to learn the basics then maybe start to push themselves rather immolating how I play directly because honestly I sometimes play like a chicken with its head cut off lol

animatethant #14 Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 84674 battles

Talent and then work/practice.

Turkey, you have the talent and you've augmented the talent with practice and specific work. 

Many times I have to catch myself from trying to save some dude who's overextended and hopelessly gonna die. Like one person drowning becoming two people drowning.

In wot its a learned behavior for me now to assess the situation and sometimes have to resist my initial habits in order to do my best to win the game. It's the limited experience player or poor player that complains about being not supported when they don't realize they have overextended.

So, some people just know what to do and have higher normal situational awareness where some people start out much lower. It is what it is. 

For you, people are just looking for insight on how and why you do the things you do. You can't cover everything but adding voice over has really helped.

Besides, to use an analogy, a really good basketball player playing out of control is still going to be much better than an average player playing in control.

BloodNmyCoffee2 #15 Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:12 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30815 battles
  • [DTTR]
Thanks a lot for the review Turkey!  You saved me some change because I was about ready to buy it.  Im now passing on it unless it gets a buff.

The Turkey Tank #16 Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:22 PM

Major

• 34554 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View Postanimatethant, on 21 March 2019 - 04:37 PM, said:

Talent and then work/practice.

Turkey, you have the talent and you've augmented the talent with practice and specific work. 

Many times I have to catch myself from trying to save some dude who's overextended and hopelessly gonna die. Like one person drowning becoming two people drowning.

In wot its a learned behavior for me now to assess the situation and sometimes have to resist my initial habits in order to do my best to win the game. It's the limited experience player or poor player that complains about being not supported when they don't realize they have overextended.

So, some people just know what to do and have higher normal situational awareness where some people start out much lower. It is what it is. 

For you, people are just looking for insight on how and why you do the things you do. You can't cover everything but adding voice over has really helped.

Besides, to use an analogy, a really good basketball player playing out of control is still going to be much better than an average player playing in control.

yeah, its hard to explain when I get that feeling that I can do something that most would never bother with. I try to explain most situations but sometimes its just instinct I guess

ChrisH77 #17 Posted 22 March 2019 - 03:07 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 19403 battles
What equipment do you use? I usually go optics with fast lights but if view range is poor maybe binoculars would be better. Passive scouting isn't really that viable on console though and it would be a waste of its mobility.

Xenith_Inc #18 Posted 22 March 2019 - 07:34 AM

Major

• Players
  • 7043 battles

View PostThe Turkey Tank, on 21 March 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

yeah, its hard to explain when I get that feeling that I can do something that most would never bother with. I try to explain most situations but sometimes its just instinct I guess

Oh, I know exactly why you did it, and its overall knowledge of map etc.

I just think that rather than saying "I wouldn't do that, saying why you did it, e.g., "this was a risky move, however I was unspotted and he had no support" or "I know that tank has max turret and track traverse of 80deg/sec so I can easily circle" would take it to the next level

+++Generally found on PS4 EU server from 5 - 9pm CET+++

My YouTube Channel

XERXEZS #19 Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27011 battles

Just looking at the stats, #1 extremely low dpm, #2 extremely low penetration on standard rounds(165? LoL) and premium rounds (210? Laughable), it's a french light guaranteed to be sluggish. Pass.

This tank isn't worth 5000 gold, get a tier VIII premium Medium x10 better than this.

Kebabsaurus Rex #20 Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20788 battles
  • [ASYLM]
Easy pass from me, thanks for the great video and commentary :honoring:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users