Pansy messing around with camos, paints, styles and models (PC Stuff)

pansy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Desyatnik Pansy #1 Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:17 AM

Major

• Players
  • 94 battles

I had a topic way back when I started doing PC Modding (you could literally see as I improved as a modder over the course of the thread) and messing around with camos. I've linked it directly below in case anyone wants to check that out:

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/138433-messing-with-camo-patterns-re-textures-and-in-game-models/

Rather than bumping and maintaining that, I'll just create a fresh thread for whenever I get bored and sign into here and post stuff that I might have done. Mind you, I've long since passed my modding heyday and now mostly just mess with stuff for myself personally, or atleast to pass on ideas to other folks. Starting off I'll first show off a Crusader remodel, though the sideskirts themselves are courtesy of Milkym4n, not myself (and damn it why does the base Crusader not have them).

Spoiler

The forcedEmblems (those two on the sideskirts, forcedEmblem meaning they can't be swapped to a different emblem) are planned on moving further down the skirts and were placed there as my original mock-up featured a bar from the Sherman III On the sides that meant where I wanted to put the emblems overlapped onto the bar and looked horrible. Here's the original mock-up which had a bit more in the way of stowage (pardon the emblems being unedited so they are overlapping onto stuff).

Spoiler

Otherwise, my main focus modding-wise is the paint and styles system that PC Has, which I think is an underappreciated addition that I greatly wish got expanded upon (namely the cost should be reduced for buying paints and camos should be modified to include more transparency, so that paints are actually worth buying, but such complaints fall on deaf ears). Firstly, the paint edits. Most of my new paints have a historical background (atleast inspired rather than being 100% Historically accurate), but some are just personal preference or that I couldn't think of any others. 

Spoiler

To showcase atleast three (I should go back and get some better screenshots of comparisons now, but I've been busy with the upcoming styles part to do such lately).

Spoiler

Due to the image-limit, the rest of the OP Will be in the post below.

Edited by Desyatnik Pansy, 21 March 2019 - 02:18 AM.

I am a PC Player who randomly posts on here sometimes. 

I also do mod stuff. You can see some of it here.

Desyatnik Pansy #2 Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:17 AM

Major

• Players
  • 94 battles

Moving on from paints and onto the style system. The styles are an awesome addition that like the paints are severely underappreciated even by WG Themselves. Neither the rental or Gold styles available to tanks make use at all of the paint system, By using ids associated with each camo pattern, paint, decal and so on, the style system allows me to just assign a camo to an id and voila, it uses that camo now. My first immediate plan was to create what I called "Beutepanzer styles", for obvious reasons, and from there I've just went on improving other styles where I saw fit. Heck, partway into my work I then discovered I could also make custom Marks through a recently introduced system and as such then made by Beutepanzer styles utilise this by also assigning them the appropriate marks (such as my Captured German style for the Germans using Soviet marks accordingly).

Unfortunately, no comparison images here to show my edits versus the original WG Work, but you can likely see the work I've put into it even without the comparisons.

Note before I post the images that these are not the final products and have already in fact been modified slightly after I made these images. Namely, the IDF Style (Gamescom style) has no final emblem as of right now and the Finnish style (Halloween style) I plan on trying to add camos to if I can find camos with the appropriate colours to work with. While I can path to basically any camo through the style system, I cannot make up for the lack of tiling being done for specific tanks nor can I unfortunately edit the colours to be the most accurate, but hey, it works right?

Spoiler

The only other style to highlight that isn't included these is my Berlin Brigade style, editing an existing style and then making part of it transparent to assign the brown colour which unfortunately doesn't come off so well in these screenshots (note how on the first image it looks almost black, but you can clearly see it's brown on the second. It may also be caused by the remodel, but I doubt that).

Spoiler

Anywho, now I'm off to find more old remodel stuff to probably post. I have also been "stealing" camos from PC And have shown that off a bit on the Bunker forums and I'll add that in a post below.

Desyatnik Pansy #3 Posted 27 March 2019 - 08:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 94 battles

IS-3M Remodel test. Haven't touched the textures at all so they may look off (I'm not sure if I plan on doing so either, the sideskirts look like they might have smoothing issues and I can't really be bothered to go crazy just to make this work).

Spoiler

I'd like to do something to the turret though. At the moment it's just the hull I modified, so I'd like to make the turret a bit more unique as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users