Artillery Desperately Deserving Improvements.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

RIGGASAURUSREX1 #1 Posted 22 March 2019 - 10:15 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5653 battles
  • [WIYW]

Developers please explain how a cannon built to be accurate at long distances has trouble shooting straight at 100m. And when it does hit at point blank range arty such as the GW Tiger can make only 400 damage from a light tank such as the amx 13 90? Artillery already suffers due to 1.putting arty on tiny city maps, 2. Not getting the damage deserved from a massive shell hitting a target, 3. Unrealistic accuracy (that being way less accurate than the real world ability) 4. No armor.  5. Terrible reload times. 6. Terrible aiming times. 7. Terrible traverse speeds

The least that you could do would be to give arty reliable and quick aiming at close range shot. The bloom should shrink faster at close range than at long range.  But that doesn't happen. If you ask me this is a factor overlooked for far too long. Also if an artillery round was fire at a target from 100m away the destruction would far surpass any tank armor. At least give the ability to destroy a heavy if you hit it at close range. I remember the accuracy once was close to perfect in relation to reality.  Was it changed due to players complaints about arty?  The only players that like arty are arty and teammates. The rest of the WOT players are gonna hate on anything that can destroy them from a distance. It's to be expected but don't make arty players suffer unrealistic consequences such as at 100m distance the  shell impacting 20meters wide from the intended point of impact. That is uncalled for. You might as well replace arty rounds with nerf rounds or paintballs and give us 100% accuracy.  

My suggestions are as follows. Feel free to choose one or all of my suggestions. Any improvement on the arties as a whole would be very appreciated  1. The aiming time should be longest at longer distances and the closer a target gets the bloom should get smaller faster. 2. Within a couple hundred meters distance there shouldn't be a bloom needed for accuracy.  The shell should go where you put it when you squeeze the trigger. Just like a pistol round. This is realistic. As a veteran I know this to be true. 3. When a shell hits at close range within 100m range it should destroy anything it hits including heavies or at minimum take away the lower range of its damage. This would make games more interesting when there are nothing but arty left on a team vs heavies etc...  it would balance the scales a bit more. At least they would stand somewhat of a chance, also this too is realistic. 4. The higher tier arty such as G W TIGER, M53/M55, etc...  should be able to plant the stabilizer/ anchor to improve accuracy and aim time but doing so loses traverse ability while anchor is planted this is also realistic. This is like a siege mode for some tanks. 5. Make better perks to help tailor crews for arty. Camoflauge seems like a waste for higher tiers as the concealment is almost non existent or make camo more effective It's all the defense arty has. 6. PLEASE stop putting arty on tiny maps packed with houses. It is an u fair advantage to the other types and arties are sitting ducks, unless of course you take my advice about making arty more accurate at close ranges and have no aim time. Some maps are better off without arty and some arty are better off without certain tiny congested maps that arty cant get a shot off on. Thanks for reading. Hope to see some improvements to make the arty players more of an even playing field AMD less of a sitting duck.  

Sammael85 #2 Posted 22 March 2019 - 10:21 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25293 battles
  • [FAC]
Or else stop playing RNG slot machines and use something else.

Seriously, the only "skill" actually needed to play SPG's are location/relocation, patience and map reading, anything else is just RNG granting good shots or bamboozling you landing up to 50m away perfectly aimed shots.

If you play other vehicles however, you'll see even more ludicrous cases like perfectly aimed shots going out of the objective (when not landing in the only and most strong point of your target) beyond 200m even with glass canon TD's.

Some might say i'm not constructive enough... Too bad i'm actually a deconstructivist

Si eres español/hispano y te sientes aislado por WG, no estás solo: Hay un Batallón Exiliado dispuesto a ayudarte

Hear me ROAR!!!

AskingCupid78 #3 Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:52 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46024 battles
Dont feed the troll

SGT Rock 1963 #4 Posted 23 March 2019 - 02:26 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 12844 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostRIGGASAURUSREX1, on 22 March 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

You might as well replace arty rounds with nerf rounds or paintballs and give us 100% accuracy.  Excellent Idea, Approved.

6. PLEASE stop putting arty on tiny maps packed with houses. It is an u fair advantage to the other types and arties are sitting ducks.                                 " Yeah lights and tds like city maps, As much as heavies and rolling bunkers, Like open maps and fields. Every class has disadvantages. They should also penalize all classes, Any silver and xp earned. In any game they commit suicide on. Accidentally or on purpose. Same as they do Team killers."  

SGT_Rock_1963   On mixer, Leave a follow. 

ALF EXTREME #5 Posted 23 March 2019 - 02:34 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 49419 battles

View PostRIGGASAURUSREX1, on 22 March 2019 - 04:15 PM, said:

Developers please explain how a cannon built to be accurate at long distances has trouble shooting straight at 100m. And when it does hit at point blank range arty such as the GW Tiger can make only 400 damage from a light tank such as the amx 13 90? Artillery already suffers due to 1.putting arty on tiny city maps, 2. Not getting the damage deserved from a massive shell hitting a target, 3. Unrealistic accuracy (that being way less accurate than the real world ability) 4. No armor.  5. Terrible reload times. 6. Terrible aiming times. 7. Terrible traverse speeds

The least that you could do would be to give arty reliable and quick aiming at close range shot. The bloom should shrink faster at close range than at long range.  But that doesn't happen. If you ask me this is a factor overlooked for far too long. Also if an artillery round was fire at a target from 100m away the destruction would far surpass any tank armor. At least give the ability to destroy a heavy if you hit it at close range. I remember the accuracy once was close to perfect in relation to reality.  Was it changed due to players complaints about arty?  The only players that like arty are arty and teammates. The rest of the WOT players are gonna hate on anything that can destroy them from a distance. It's to be expected but don't make arty players suffer unrealistic consequences such as at 100m distance the  shell impacting 20meters wide from the intended point of impact. That is uncalled for. You might as well replace arty rounds with nerf rounds or paintballs and give us 100% accuracy.  

My suggestions are as follows. Feel free to choose one or all of my suggestions. Any improvement on the arties as a whole would be very appreciated  1. The aiming time should be longest at longer distances and the closer a target gets the bloom should get smaller faster. 2. Within a couple hundred meters distance there shouldn't be a bloom needed for accuracy.  The shell should go where you put it when you squeeze the trigger. Just like a pistol round. This is realistic. As a veteran I know this to be true. 3. When a shell hits at close range within 100m range it should destroy anything it hits including heavies or at minimum take away the lower range of its damage. This would make games more interesting when there are nothing but arty left on a team vs heavies etc...  it would balance the scales a bit more. At least they would stand somewhat of a chance, also this too is realistic. 4. The higher tier arty such as G W TIGER, M53/M55, etc...  should be able to plant the stabilizer/ anchor to improve accuracy and aim time but doing so loses traverse ability while anchor is planted this is also realistic. This is like a siege mode for some tanks. 5. Make better perks to help tailor crews for arty. Camoflauge seems like a waste for higher tiers as the concealment is almost non existent or make camo more effective It's all the defense arty has. 6. PLEASE stop putting arty on tiny maps packed with houses. It is an u fair advantage to the other types and arties are sitting ducks, unless of course you take my advice about making arty more accurate at close ranges and have no aim time. Some maps are better off without arty and some arty are better off without certain tiny congested maps that arty cant get a shot off on. Thanks for reading. Hope to see some improvements to make the arty players more of an even playing field AMD less of a sitting duck.  

I swear it trolls like this that cause people to lose hope in humanity

I AM KING

and i declare death to all artillery, who will follow me on this righteous quest for freedom

HomicidalApple0 #6 Posted 23 March 2019 - 03:11 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2919 battles

View PostAskingCupid78, on 22 March 2019 - 11:52 PM, said:

Dont feed the troll

I don’t think he’s trollljng. Has 1700 games played and over 1200 are in arty.... 

play other machjnes OP they are much more fun, less annoying for you and the enemy. They are needing the PC arty so expecting console to buff them is laughable 

StillLifeSkull #7 Posted 23 March 2019 - 07:29 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23488 battles

View PostRIGGASAURUSREX1, on 22 March 2019 - 10:15 PM, said:

Just quit playing arty and actually learn to play tanks, not support vehicles which are already given every adavantage in the game.

TURDF3RG3S0N #8 Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:28 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21061 battles
  • [SDRGN]
Of all the things arty needs, a buff is not one of them.

BUCKWHEAT l #9 Posted 29 March 2019 - 04:41 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16862 battles
  • [GOONS]

HA! Buff arty get out of here, WG needs to Nerf arty HARD!! Tier ten I still get one shotted by t9 Arty's. Complete [edited]! Nerf alpha to where arty will only do a all time max of 500 damage.

TrailerJF #10 Posted 29 March 2019 - 03:37 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 35513 battles
  • [IMTLZ]
Arty is a broken mechanic and thankfully for PC players their developers recognized this and nerfed them to the ground and giving them another nerf in the near future. Our developers...well the Italian line, 183 HESH, WT E100, tier 10 TD 850 alpha, all still remaining whileTVP/E50/E50M is nerfed speaks volumes on their competence. Maybe if enough sub 800 wn8 players cry to the developers they will buff arty as well as the other broken tier 10 TDs and continue nerfing tier 10 meds.

M4ntiX #11 Posted 29 March 2019 - 04:07 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29434 battles
  • [JOCO]

Since there is no "Forum Suggestions" section I might as well post this here (seems appropriate given the subject at hand).

Please bring back the down vote button.

Thank you.

"I live in reality and let me tell you, there is no one here."

"For some reason you feel the need to troll stink bomb a statement of fact."

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

Blossomy_Hippo #12 Posted 29 March 2019 - 04:25 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7576 battles
  • [ALPI]

OP if you actually tried playing the game like you're supposed to...you know play tanks not spgs, you'd realize arty is the most broken class out there.

Why? It deals stupid amounts of damage (and critical damage to modules and crew) without ever being exposed to any danger and more often than not there is no viable counterplay, because at some point you will have to stop hugging rocks and houses or camping at the back and start making plays.

*PS4 Stats*

SourceOfSoy #13 Posted 29 March 2019 - 07:17 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14391 battles

700 WN8 and 44wr? Sounds about right. Look, arty never needs a buff (Coming from a T10 arty owner) because artillery never has to invest anything to get damage. 

Lets say im in my 4202. I want to flank an E100 to get damage, but he has allies about 3 quadrants away. I run the risk of them coming to his aid as I flank him. Ergo, most tanks have a risk/reward thought process that leads to succes when you weigh your options reasonably. Put simply, HP on duh line for the yellow numbers.

Arty never puts itself in harms way, never risks their well being to get a lot of damage. This is why, despite having very low real DPM, an arty (M55 for example) can have very high damage games only doing 600-900 damage a minute; they will almost never risk death while doing damage.

So I am in my medium, flanking an E3, thinking I am about to get an easy 2k damage. An artillery from across the map splashes me for 850DMG. I am tracked, E3 blaps me, gg. Who should get more damage? In a balanced world, me. I risked my HP to do more damage. Currently, an arty can get more by letting his/her team go spot and be 5-15 minute meatshields. WG should never make that easier for arty.

Tldr: git gud.

RIGGASAURUSREX1 #14 Posted 04 April 2019 - 08:07 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5653 battles
  • [WIYW]
SourceofSoy Oh was that you I hit? J/K.  Being arty is just like anything else it has pros and cons. I have hundreds of stories from the other prospective. 30 seconds  into the game barely loading a shell a light tank comes screaming across the map and spots the teams arty. Arty being too big and slow to run or to move side to side to attempt a shot the light tank runs behind me and shoots me while I spin as fast as a snail to attempt to get a shot. If by chance they make a mistake and end up 20 feet in front of my barrel nothing frustrates more that having them dead to rights and the shell literally coming out of the barrel at a 30 degree angle to the right, left or dirt because I didnt let the tank sit for 10 seconds to allow accuracy to dial in at point blank range. After the miss the light tank makes it's way again to the rear of the arty and repeatedly fires an autoloader til dead. And the artys that are left spotted are shot from clear across the map with a one shot heavy and explode or are wiped out by the light tank aswell.  That is the most unrealistic ridiculous aspect of this game.  You can get as aggravated about artillery as you want but the fact is of this game is suppose to be fair and fairly realistic artys current hindrances are horribly unrealistically magnified for the benefit of the masses and keeping everyone else content by only getting blown up by arty sometimes. I would dare anyone to put the real physics to the test by crawling in any real life tier 10 model and parking yourself 50 yards from a tier 8 arty and take a round. Let's see if the round would jump sideways 30 degrees or if the tank would hold up to that blast or if anyone would be intelligent enough to attempt it. Then let's see who's left after impact. Thank your lucky stars that the developers have tied both hand and one leg behind artys back and allowed you the unfair and unrealistic advantages you do have. Removing a few of the smaller handcuffs they put on arty could help game play all the way around.
As for the guy who says I should learn to play the way it was intended. If it wasn't intended to be played with arty the developers wouldn't have made artillery a part. Light tanks would not need spotting near as much and light tanks would get away less kills. If you remove arty you have to change the whole game and then it isn't WOT. Gentlemen my post was more for the rare chance developers will see my suggestions and consider some changes. Arty being slow and huge and low health and limited by no turret and low accuracy etc... makes it the most vulnerable piece on the map and the easiest to kill. If you have not played long enough as arty to be decently experienced your opinion is one sided and hardly credible.  I encourage you to play through to at least one Tier X Artillery before making determinations and condemning arty. If arty gets nerfed who is left to penetrate the colossal heavies that dominate 2 tiers  below? Answer: no one. Then everyone would cry about the heavies being heavy and the lights being light and so on. Eventually everyone drives an M4 with a BB gun glued to the front and we all get participation medals and yellow sticky note that says thanks for playing. I won't post on this thread again. I was just offering food for thought to the developers. Not interested in arguing with players. Thanks for your responses and giving my post the time you took to respond, read, and etc...

See you on the battle field. GGs

AskingCupid78 #15 Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:29 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46024 battles

View PostRIGGASAURUSREX1, on 04 April 2019 - 08:07 PM, said:

SourceofSoy Oh was that you I hit? J/K. Being arty is just like anything else it has pros and cons. I have hundreds of stories from the other prospective. 30 seconds into the game barely loading a shell a light tank comes screaming across the map and spots the teams arty. Arty being too big and slow to run or to move side to side to attempt a shot the light tank runs behind me and shoots me while I spin as fast as a snail to attempt to get a shot. If by chance they make a mistake and end up 20 feet in front of my barrel nothing frustrates more that having them dead to rights and the shell literally coming out of the barrel at a 30 degree angle to the right, left or dirt because I didnt let the tank sit for 10 seconds to allow accuracy to dial in at point blank range. After the miss the light tank makes it's way again to the rear of the arty and repeatedly fires an autoloader til dead. And the artys that are left spotted are shot from clear across the map with a one shot heavy and explode or are wiped out by the light tank aswell. That is the most unrealistic ridiculous aspect of this game. You can get as aggravated about artillery as you want but the fact is of this game is suppose to be fair and fairly realistic artys current hindrances are horribly unrealistically magnified for the benefit of the masses and keeping everyone else content by only getting blown up by arty sometimes. I would dare anyone to put the real physics to the test by crawling in any real life tier 10 model and parking yourself 50 yards from a tier 8 arty and take a round. Let's see if the round would jump sideways 30 degrees or if the tank would hold up to that blast or if anyone would be intelligent enough to attempt it. Then let's see who's left after impact. Thank your lucky stars that the developers have tied both hand and one leg behind artys back and allowed you the unfair and unrealistic advantages you do have. Removing a few of the smaller handcuffs they put on arty could help game play all the way around.
As for the guy who says I should learn to play the way it was intended. If it wasn't intended to be played with arty the developers wouldn't have made artillery a part. Light tanks would not need spotting near as much and light tanks would get away less kills. If you remove arty you have to change the whole game and then it isn't WOT. Gentlemen my post was more for the rare chance developers will see my suggestions and consider some changes. Arty being slow and huge and low health and limited by no turret and low accuracy etc... makes it the most vulnerable piece on the map and the easiest to kill. If you have not played long enough as arty to be decently experienced your opinion is one sided and hardly credible. I encourage you to play through to at least one Tier X Artillery before making determinations and condemning arty. If arty gets nerfed who is left to penetrate the colossal heavies that dominate 2 tiers below? Answer: no one. Then everyone would cry about the heavies being heavy and the lights being light and so on. Eventually everyone drives an M4 with a BB gun glued to the front and we all get participation medals and yellow sticky note that says thanks for playing. I won't post on this thread again. I was just offering food for thought to the developers. Not interested in arguing with players. Thanks for your responses and giving my post the time you took to respond, read, and etc...

Have you ever asked yourself why Wg main Company have not introduced any artillery lines after the first four,here is a hint, THEY KNOW IT IS BROKEN.

Nobody cries about heavys we can deal with them, and if you think you need some extra armor or advantages to sit at the back of the map and point and click you are either delusional or a troll.and you think you have an arm and a leg tied behind your back when you can shoot from across the map, and one more thing, do you really think that it is balanced and realistic that a He shell from artillery splashing a tank does more damage than a 122mm or 130mm Shell penetrating?.

:facepalm:

The only class in the game that have unfair and unrealistic advantages,is artillery, ask yourself why dont 122mm or 130mm He Shells from tanks do the same amount of splash damage.

Edited by AskingCupid78, 04 April 2019 - 10:51 PM.

SourceOfSoy #16 Posted 09 April 2019 - 01:43 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14391 battles

View PostRIGGASAURUSREX1, on 04 April 2019 - 08:07 PM, said:

SourceofSoy Oh was that you I hit? J/K. Being arty is just like anything else it has pros and cons. I have hundreds of stories from the other prospective. 30 seconds into the game barely loading a shell a light tank comes screaming across the map and spots the teams arty. Arty being too big and slow to run or to move side to side to attempt a shot the light tank runs behind me and shoots me while I spin as fast as a snail to attempt to get a shot. If by chance they make a mistake and end up 20 feet in front of my barrel nothing frustrates more that having them dead to rights and the shell literally coming out of the barrel at a 30 degree angle to the right, left or dirt because I didnt let the tank sit for 10 seconds to allow accuracy to dial in at point blank range. After the miss the light tank makes it's way again to the rear of the arty and repeatedly fires an autoloader til dead. And the artys that are left spotted are shot from clear across the map with a one shot heavy and explode or are wiped out by the light tank aswell. That is the most unrealistic ridiculous aspect of this game. You can get as aggravated about artillery as you want but the fact is of this game is suppose to be fair and fairly realistic artys current hindrances are horribly unrealistically magnified for the benefit of the masses and keeping everyone else content by only getting blown up by arty sometimes. I would dare anyone to put the real physics to the test by crawling in any real life tier 10 model and parking yourself 50 yards from a tier 8 arty and take a round. Let's see if the round would jump sideways 30 degrees or if the tank would hold up to that blast or if anyone would be intelligent enough to attempt it. Then let's see who's left after impact. Thank your lucky stars that the developers have tied both hand and one leg behind artys back and allowed you the unfair and unrealistic advantages you do have. Removing a few of the smaller handcuffs they put on arty could help game play all the way around.
As for the guy who says I should learn to play the way it was intended. If it wasn't intended to be played with arty the developers wouldn't have made artillery a part. Light tanks would not need spotting near as much and light tanks would get away less kills. If you remove arty you have to change the whole game and then it isn't WOT. Gentlemen my post was more for the rare chance developers will see my suggestions and consider some changes. Arty being slow and huge and low health and limited by no turret and low accuracy etc... makes it the most vulnerable piece on the map and the easiest to kill. If you have not played long enough as arty to be decently experienced your opinion is one sided and hardly credible. I encourage you to play through to at least one Tier X Artillery before making determinations and condemning arty. If arty gets nerfed who is left to penetrate the colossal heavies that dominate 2 tiers below? Answer: no one. Then everyone would cry about the heavies being heavy and the lights being light and so on. Eventually everyone drives an M4 with a BB gun glued to the front and we all get participation medals and yellow sticky note that says thanks for playing. I won't post on this thread again. I was just offering food for thought to the developers. Not interested in arguing with players. Thanks for your responses and giving my post the time you took to respond, read, and etc...

Lol, I have a tier 10 arty and I marked it. And the strongest arty in the game, M55. Believe me, I know what im talking about. Arty being weak doesn't matter. If a tank goes screaming across the map to kill the arty, 9/10 times they get put down. Why? Not because the team wants to protect the arty, but because it is easy damage. It wont make it most of the time, much less get out. How do I know? I three marked the chaffee and played it in tier 10, and I play all tiers of light tanks. You dont actually know what it is like for every different tank class. You just got whooped because youre bad and inexperienced. 

JASOCveteran #17 Posted 12 April 2019 - 08:31 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 72142 battles

WOT should listen to the expert with no real life experience and less than 2500 games played? Bah Ha Ha Ha!

KanderisBAE #18 Posted 12 April 2019 - 08:38 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29483 battles

View PostStillLifeSkull, on 23 March 2019 - 07:29 AM, said:

Just quit playing arty and actually learn to play tanks, not support vehicles which are already given every adavantage in the game.

well said , thats exactly my sentiments , improve arty more like get rid of the lot of them , they shoot without risk and ruin games 

TancDeCurseRO #19 Posted 24 April 2019 - 07:24 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13400 battles
  • [STRNG]

how about you go play forknote?

you want WTe100 accuracy on artys?? :D MADLAND

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users