Op premium tanks

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

MockCrescent323 #1 Posted 24 March 2019 - 03:34 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 16383 battles

The Absolution: WG thought it would be good to introduce a tank with good gun handling, excellent dpm, strongest armor for its tier, great mobility

The downsides? none. The only tank with no downsides at its tier, lol

Also the ridiculous rampanzer. I do not even enjoy playing it, it is just too damn op and requre ZERO skill

They nerf every tech tree tanks on release and still choose to release premium tanks like the absolution (sound like a tv shop product btw) and plan for the upcoming op Machine

Is this the start of pay to win tanks?

veponz999 #2 Posted 24 March 2019 - 03:53 PM

Private

• Players
  • 8703 battles
Yeah true the absolution needs nerf and soon.But most of the premium tanks are relatively balanced.

FusionStar287 #3 Posted 24 March 2019 - 04:07 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20114 battles
  • [JOCO]
Overpowered premium tanks have been in the game since the beginning and have continued to be added over time. I mean, you have the pre-nerf V/IV, US Sexton, E25, T28 HTC, MTLS, and so on, plus they're have been OP premiums given out for free as well like the Absolution, Blitzen T1E6-X, etc. "Pay-2-win" tanks are nothing new, and the timing of this thread is odd considering that the last couple premium tanks released have actually been underpowered.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

ATHFjman18 #4 Posted 24 March 2019 - 04:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17988 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostMockCrescent323, on 24 March 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

That ship set sail a while ago. Plenty of OP tanks have been released. In all honesty, who wants to buy a crappier version of a TT tank these days? 

Case in point: The Vindicator or Fighting Girlfriend T-34. 

Joco3000 #5 Posted 24 March 2019 - 04:35 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 26499 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostATHFjman18, on 24 March 2019 - 04:31 PM, said:

Case in point: The Vindicator

I will fight you.

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

fozfactor #6 Posted 24 March 2019 - 04:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 58733 battles

View PostMockCrescent323, on 24 March 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

...The only tank with no downsides at its tier, lol

The downside of the Absolution is knowing yer a stat padding heel. :bajan:

Spoiler

non nobis solum

LiteralComic635 #7 Posted 24 March 2019 - 04:46 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 325 battles

Both the Premium lines and the Tech tree lines have tanks that are called OP, and more than a few are indeed very tough to deal with. While it's very good, and I earned one, Absolution has plenty of weak spots and can be dealt with by mist of the tanks I own and play that meet up with them. Win some, lose some of course, but I don't generally avoid battling with Absolution's or any other tanks in the game.

Quality of the player in any opposing tank, not he really the specific tank itself, Premium or Tech tree makes the most difference in my opinion. If anyone is going to stick with a small number of the better tanks in the game, more power to them, but while I have over 280 tanks in my garage, many of them called OP, some of them are very easy to play fitting my playstyle and being correctly considered great tanks, it would be boring to me to only play them. Challenges are good. With effort, even the best tanks can be beaten, and when you do, are also the most satisfying kills in the game.

ChubbyBuckle06

Hypocrite #8 Posted 24 March 2019 - 04:53 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 30477 battles
  • [BUNNY]

View PostMockCrescent323, on 24 March 2019 - 09:34 AM, said:

The Absolution: WG thought it would be good to introduce a tank with good gun handling, excellent dpm, strongest armor for its tier, great mobility

The downsides? none. The only tank with no downsides at its tier, lol

Also the ridiculous rampanzer. I do not even enjoy playing it, it is just too damn op and requre ZERO skill

They nerf every tech tree tanks on release and still choose to release premium tanks like the absolution (sound like a tv shop product btw) and plan for the upcoming op Machine

Hold on..... you're complaining about "Op premium tanks" but your most played tank is the Lycan, with more than 10% of your total battles in it?

Is this a cry for help?

Are you asking Wargaming to stop you before you play it again?

"you've made your fanboy status and unwillingness to admit anything other than Sony sucks and Microsoft are gods clear do you have any actual point beyond that though"

Yes-Man Wargaming Shill-Bot Since 2014

ATHFjman18 #9 Posted 24 March 2019 - 04:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17988 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostJoco3000, on 24 March 2019 - 11:35 AM, said:

I will fight you.

LOL I think you are one of five people who bought it. 

Joco3000 #10 Posted 24 March 2019 - 04:57 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 26499 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostATHFjman18, on 24 March 2019 - 04:56 PM, said:

LOL I think you are one of five people who bought it. 

Oh, loads brought it, thanks to that very nice Skorpion, Yazi and Vindicator bundle.

I am probably one of five who kept it though.

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

Hypocrite #11 Posted 24 March 2019 - 04:58 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 30477 battles
  • [BUNNY]

View PostJoco3000, on 24 March 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

Oh, loads brought it, thanks to that very nice Skorpion, Yazi and Vindicator bundle.

Two of Five!

"you've made your fanboy status and unwillingness to admit anything other than Sony sucks and Microsoft are gods clear do you have any actual point beyond that though"

BDaddy Cheno #12 Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:01 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 27892 battles
  • [SPSR]

View PostJoco3000, on 24 March 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

I am one of the other 4 of the 5.  Got it in that bundle, too.  I like that tank!
"I'm going to deal with this the only way us Bundys know how----with swift and blinding violence." -----Kelly Bundy

MockCrescent323 #13 Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:01 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 16383 battles

View PostFusionStar287, on 24 March 2019 - 04:07 PM, said:

Overpowered premium tanks have been in the game since the beginning and have continued to be added over time. I mean, you have the pre-nerf V/IV, US Sexton, E25, T28 HTC, MTLS, and so on, plus they're have been OP premiums given out for free as well like the Absolution, Blitzen T1E6-X, etc. "Pay-2-win" tanks are nothing new, and the timing of this thread is odd considering that the last couple premium tanks released have actually been underpowered.

Fair enough, but  only the sexton can compete with the absolution in terms of op`ness

It is absoulutely foolproof. And if Machine comes out with current stats it will make for two of the most well rounded op tanks ever

View PostHypocrite, on 24 March 2019 - 04:53 PM, said:

Hold on..... you're complaining about "Op premium tanks" but your most played tank is the Lycan, with more than 10% of your total battles in it?

Is this a cry for help?

Are you asking Wargaming to stop you before you play it again?

oh, no. I have been exposed!

You went and looked at my stats to shame me?

Lycan was my only premium tank for a looong time and a way to grind credits. It is nowhere close to op in the average players hands, especially not anymore

Jerkoff

Edited by MockCrescent323, 24 March 2019 - 05:06 PM.

Hypocrite #14 Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:08 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 30477 battles
  • [BUNNY]

View PostMockCrescent323, on 24 March 2019 - 11:01 AM, said:

oh, no. I have been exposed!

You went and looked at my stats to shame me?

Lycan was my only premium tank for a looong time and a way to grind credits. It is nowhere close to op in the average players hands

Jerkoff

It's not to shame you, it's to get a handle on what your viewpoint is on the subject; what tanks you play, what your style appears to be, and where you might be coming from.

And yes, I was surprised to find that you had that many battles in what is generally considered to be one of the more OP premium vehicles in the game while complaining about OP vehicles, and no, I'm not particularly surprised by your reaction to having that pointed out.

MockCrescent323 #15 Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:19 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 16383 battles

View PostHypocrite, on 24 March 2019 - 05:08 PM, said:

It's not to shame you, it's to get a handle on what your viewpoint is on the subject; what tanks you play, what your style appears to be, and where you might be coming from.

And yes, I was surprised to find that you had that many battles in what is generally considered to be one of the more OP premium vehicles in the game while complaining about OP vehicles, and no, I'm not particularly surprised by your reaction to having that pointed out.

And your most played tank is the Matilda, lol

Difference is you actually need to know what you are doing a little bit to play the Lycan well

Go play 50 games in the Lycan, then and compare your wn8 rating to your Matilda, or what you would get in the foolproof Absoulution

FusionStar287 #16 Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:23 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20114 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostMockCrescent323, on 24 March 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

Fair enough, but  only the sexton can compete with the absolution in terms of op`ness

It is absoulutely foolproof. And if Machine comes out with current stats it will make for two of the most well rounded op tanks ever

I really disagree with that statement. The Absolution is OP, but against a good player (or pretty much anyone who knows where to shoot it) it can be taken down fairly easily. There are plenty of premium tanks that are significantly more overpowered than the Absolution, namely tanks like the E25, US Sexton, and especially the T-Rex (which I'd argue is easily the most OP tank in the game).

Also, while the Machine will be OP if it's released without being nerfed at all (and will almost certainly be the best tier X tank) it will still have a fair amount of weaknesses to it since it will be a very large target with basically no side armor while also being less mobile than most mediums, plus it will still have a gun that lacks in on and DPM. Again, it will certainly be OP since what weaknesses it does have can easily be worked around, but I still expect many Machines to be taken apart without doing much since it will require a good player in it to excel.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

PumpkinEcobar #17 Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14711 battles
Like I've said before, there are easy mode tanks and hard mode tanks. It's all part of the game.

TheRhino2020 #18 Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:41 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5736 battles

I found the Absolution to be terrible. I avoid using it. I think it's probably because I'm not a good Heavy player. 

I also don't find the Absolution OP. Difficult to pen, but easy to flank. I can't duel one with a Sherman variant, but I don't think that's intended anyways. 

Now the Rampanzer, that's over the top because of the combination of speed, frontal armor and the wthhit points pool for its tier. 

SPUK4U #19 Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:48 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 9315 battles

View Postveponz999, on 24 March 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

Yeah true the absolution needs nerf and soon.But most of the premium tanks are relatively balanced.

Not true,  this game is full of tanks that can be considered OP until you learn how to take them down.  V/IV is a classical example, really OP until you learn to aim at it's turret.  Same with Absolution, just aim lower part of the tank, it's Panther down there.  People should stop relaying auto lock, it's just a tool to turn the gun towards the enemy tank before you enter into scope and aim the shot.   If you can't aim, switch to premium ammo and spam it down, RNG makes sure that some of your shells hit the weak spots.

- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -

RAGNAR0K N ROLL #20 Posted 24 March 2019 - 06:04 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19008 battles
  • [JOCO]
Absolutions seem to catch fire easily too. Especially if shot in the rear end. Done it numerous times with the 13 57 and the Ariete as well. They are annoying sure but hardly invinsible. The problem is if you auto aim on one you will more than likely bounce and a lot of people like to auto aim

The Warrior of The Wasteland...The Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users