I’m worried about the life of this game. Concerns: Packages, Communication, Bugs, Content

Packages Modules Communication Bugs NewContent

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

THAI V1P3R #1 Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 22460 battles
  • [7F]

POPULAR

I know WG wants to make this a very popular game on the Xbox 360, but they are not doing a very good job at making their game appeal to new players. The first problem, of course, is the awful package system. Many tanks would not even have close to the excruciating grinds that we have to go through currently. For example, the T29's first package costs 48,200 exp to unlock if you came from the Sherman Jumbo or 34,200 coming from the M6 because they decided it was a good idea to upgrade everything about the tank in one package. The T29 stock is quite useless, especially if you are fighting higher tiers. On the PC you can immediately mount the 90 mm gun coming from the M6 or grind out just 14,000 coming from the Sherman Jumbo. Here is a direct quote from the wiki for the PC about the T29: " The 90mm Gun carries over from the M6 (or if you previously played the T20) and should be installed immediately. The 76 mm is insufficient for anything at this tier. Free XP is strongly recommended if you came from the E2 Jumbo Sherman and don't have the 90mm M3." The wiki even tells you to avoid, at all costs, playing the T29 stock! I know some players have accepted the package system, but why should we when there is no viable reason for it. I have not seen one instance where they have put packages together intelligently. In fact, it is quite the opposite. The VK 36.01 H is a good example of this. Its first upgrade package gives you the Konisch 7.5 cm gun, which is by far the best gun for that tank. The last two packages offer two separate guns that are worse, but you now get the Maybach HL 230 P45 engine, which is the best engine. No one in their right mind would equip a tank with anything but its best modules unless it comes to a preference of gun choice; it seems that WG has done that though. Currently there is no possible way to play the VK 36 with its best configuration. If you think about it, the excuse that we could make "bad builds" for tanks if we had modular upgrading is really just a ploy for them to make more money; their philosophy is probably something like: More frustrating grinds means a player will be more likely to spend money to skip the grind. On the contrary, I think if we had modular upgrading there would be more players that stick with this game and more would spend money. I can see a player converting 1,000-2,000 gold to 25,000-50.000 free experience so s/he could get a high tier module for his/her tank that could make it decently playable. When a player sees that it would cost 4,000-6,000 gold to get the 100,000-150,000 experience to get a package full of expensive modules, his/her likely response is, "Nope! No way I'm spending that much!" That would be on a single tank! S/he would be more likely to just accept the grind or quit this game altogether. Now I do understand this could also have been influenced by Microsoft because Microsoft will get a percentage of all purchases made on this game. It's still a bad business practice either way. Which is would earn you more money, 1,000 players who spend $50+ on the game or 50,000 players who spend $10-15 on the game?

The second thing is the bugs this game released with. Specifically the account lockout bug. This bug kept many players, beta veterans and newbies alike, from playing this game for hours or days at a time. I know many players on Xbox like to try new games when they release, but if the game won't even let them play it they move on. 

The third issue is that we have an utter lack of communication from the developers. Patch 1.0.3 came out yesterday, and we only heard about it a day prior. We were given no information they were releasing the Super Pershing or the Jagtiger 8.8 on March 1. It would be nice if they would give us some useful information well in advance, so we're not kept in the dark feeling like we're in limbo the whole time. People want to know what's going on, or they may not stick around. Even if new content was not coming for another month or more, at least we would know and have something to look forward to, which brings me to the last issue.

When are we going to get new content? I'm not talking about one map here, a two new premiums there, but the finishing of the American, German, or British trees, a new nation, or maybe a couple of maps. All I ever hear or see from the devs on the forums is the word "Soon", and a tweet they sent out yesterday said, "Good things come to those who wait, but we have no details about future content at this moment." Well, when are you going to have any information? A new patch came out with no new content. Players are getting bored here. This game has been virtually the same since the last two months of the beta, minus a couple of bugs. Let's face it, the players from the beta still make up the core of the dedicated community, and we're getting burnt out on this game. 

In the end, a game should be fun to play in all aspects. It's not fun when a game becomes frustrating to play, has a game-breaking bug, and has a lack of communication about patches and new content. How is this game going to draw in new players when there are many other games out there that are fun to play from the start and stay fun all throughout.

Disclaimer: The paragraphs contained herein are my opinions and I have expressed them to the best of my knowledge and ability. If any person has a disagreement or issue my claims, please express your concern with respect and politeness.

spyder544 #2 Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16650 battles

couldn't have put it any better.

Rarefication #3 Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:25 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14544 battles
After reading this write-up it's hard to find anything within its contents that isn't factual. Nicely put.

Godwings102 #4 Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4191 battles
Was a longer read than most, but puts it out there, lets get this topic booming for WG to see. Oh, something that has been mentioned before: If the modules are there for each package, aren't they coded into the game? And in either case if they're this adamant about keeping packages around, why not custom packages? Would only need 1 and PLEASE do not make them premium only or cost gold, would make me lose respect for you entirely, and my wallet would go with it.

Undefined tw0 #5 Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15747 battles

QQ Th41 V1P3R, and lets play BF4.  How are we supposed to take anyone who can't even spell "viper" correctly seriously?  

Wait for it...............

:3

Undefined tw0 #6 Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:42 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15747 battles

Developer states players might make bad builds 

Developer makes bad builds.  Scumbag hats all around.

Rarefication #7 Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14544 battles

“We were given no information they were releasing the Super Pershing or the Jagtiger 8.8 on March 1. It would be nice if they would give us some useful information well in advance, so we're not kept in the dark feeling like we're in limbo the whole time.” I must say this comment stands out the most to me in terms of business/marketing. People can say what they want about CoD but games like CoD market upcoming product in advance to increase interest, anticipation and most of all: sales. It’s just a good business practise as the players are made aware of the new content in advance to build the interest and, in some cases, to gather the finances necessary and set them aside for the new product once it is released. For a game that is free and is literally “banking” its existence on in-game product sales they really drop the ball when it comes to promotion of inside merchandise.

the exiled west #8 Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:55 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 3372 battles

Seriously.  Anybody see the new page they have on the new deals in the startup/home page? It talks about the new tanks and packages in the shop and its dated March 5th lol.  If I were WG I'd be yelling it on every street corner that new content is out the minute it arrives.  And the OP makes a great point.  

I get that WG doesnt want people to get frustrated by accidently making a bad build, but why not give us tutorials and let us choose between packages and modules?  If you give your community one thing to protect them from themselves and they all want another it a different way whats the point in sticking to the original format? 

yWEt0fx.png

Rarefication #9 Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:03 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14544 battles

View Postthe exiled west, on 06 March 2014 - 07:55 AM, said:

Seriously.  Anybody see the new page they have on the new deals in the startup/home page? It talks about the new tanks and packages in the shop and its dated March 5th lol.  If I were WG I'd be yelling it on every street corner that new content is out the minute it arrives.  And the OP makes a great point.

I get that WG doesnt want people to get frustrated by accidently making a bad build, but why not give us tutorials and let us choose between packages and modules?  If you give your community one thing to protect them from themselves and they all want another it a different way whats the point in sticking to the original format?

Exactly. And the very fact they don’t promote new content in advance tells me they either lack the confidence in delivering the product without some sort of bug issue or they simply aren’t interested in doing so. It seems to me it’s a lost opportunity on their end either way. A few days before the SP and J8.8 came out they could of threw some hints of upcoming product to get the people excited and talking. People LOVE to try and predict what is coming next product-wise on mic, it’s a great way to get the people engaged and psyched. Players here are effing blood thirsty for any, ANY, news of any new product and WG doesn’t see the lost opportunity to take advantage of that. It’s only common sense you market what you are releasing AHEAD of time. C’mon, it’s marketing 101.

cornish boss #10 Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:03 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 8973 battles
Hi they have backed themselves into a corner they can't put the price down as it will alienate the existing players but it will put of new players and existing players if they keep it so high without giving new content often 

Pooty Poots #11 Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:08 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4052 battles

View Postcornish boss, on 06 March 2014 - 07:03 AM, said:

Hi they have backed themselves into a corner they can't put the price down as it will alienate the existing players but it will put of new players and existing players if they keep it so high without giving new content often 

Am I missing something here?

Zvika Force

"When we go into battle we play music very loud...scares the hell out of people." 

BigHawkeye94 #12 Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:20 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5412 battles
I agree with all of you guys 100 percent. I watch a lot of wot videos and there was and still is a large number of players who ate confused on which builds to go with. So much so that people have to male tutorial videos all the time. So if people struggled with the system on pc but some were able to grasp it and help out others then why couldn't we do the same. Especially since all we would have had to do is look up the information up on the internet. I mean isn't that what people do? You know they check the original iteration as a point of reference. So having exposed that lie that they were protecting us let's move on to another glaring issue which is COMMUNICATION . I think these guys believe that by not communicating that were somehow Going to make a break through and our brains will reach a level of greatness that has only been achieved a few times before. Yes you guessed it...telepathy. I don't know about you guys but I'm no yoda, and when I try to be it usually takes a turn for the worse because I start to hear these dev voices in my head and they keep saying " We just have to keep them occupied for a year or so..how hard can it be? Give them a few maps once in a blue moon oh and also let the naive player base defend our lack of communication and our strong belief that our fan base are not Intelligent people capable of helping progress this game even more so than the product on the pc but in fact they are " Console players " aka test monkeys aka lab rats. Throw them a bone and they will get hungry. But they will always stay on the anticipation of when the next bone is coming and will be satisfied no matter what the size of the CONTENT . With all of that being said let's hope that the devs wake up sooner or later and allow us to genuinely have input in this game thus not only making the game better but making each other better as well.

" A message to all you miserable bugs out there seeking to ruin my experience in this game. If you dont show yourselves this instant you will be serverly dealt with. Hmmm very well..paparapapa! "

ViolenceForHire #13 Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:21 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 9234 battles

Well put, Thai! +1.

Nyx is on leave, and I think she was in charge of announcements and general world saving. LOL. Since she cut out for surgery(no pun intended) there seems to be issues with getting the info out. Example: Medal contest winners being announced before the contest was over. But this in itself is a good point to add to your thread. Why is there even one moment being wasted on games within the game, when there is still work to do on the game itself? A sense of community is good for games like this, but I think the community's happiness would be better served with playable content, and their hard earned gaming money made to stretch further.

Posted Image 

D4rk50ul #14 Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:24 PM

First lieutenant

• Supertester
  • 2783 battles
Packages are simply a money grab. You either suffer the worst possible grind or you go premium and or convert xp. There is no logic that suggests otherwise. We may be more willing to pay than the average pc player but we aren't stupid. I'm pretty sure people can figure out a high HP engine is better or that upgrading the gun produces different characteristics.

Johnny Cairns #15 Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:28 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16741 battles
Cant fault the OP at all here, had the same tanks since November and its gettin abit stale so come on WG pull the finger out and inject fresh content please

Matthew J35U5 #16 Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 14028 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostTHAI V1P3R, on 06 March 2014 - 06:16 AM, said:

I have not seen one instance where they have put packages together intelligently. In fact, it is quite the opposite.

The Hetzer. The StuG III. Both of these have good packages, including the ability to use either a 75 mm or the 105 mm with the best equipment. The T32. The T18, and the T82 (not the T40 or Wolverine though). The T28 has intelligently designed packages as well (just think, they could have put the suspension with the 105 mm gun instead of with the 120 mm). The T95's packages are as good as they can be considering that the enhanced suspension equipment is non-functional in this game. The M4 has intelligently designed packages, and the M46 now has reasonably intelligently designed packages (other than the sidegrade package that should just have the alternate 90 mm gun). And so on and so forth. I found that other than some egregious exceptions (VK36, M4A3E2, T29 and E75) the packages on most tanks are either well designed, or pretty close, needing just a few tweaks to be better. But if you think I'm wrong about that, why not go here and tell me exactly why I'm wrong when I say package x on tank y is good/well designed. 

KeystoneCops, on 14 June 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

Rarefication #17 Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14544 battles

View PostBigHawkeye94, on 06 March 2014 - 08:20 AM, said:

I agree with all of you guys 100 percent. I watch a lot of wot videos and there was and still is a large number of players who ate confused on which builds to go with. So much so that people have to male tutorial videos all the time. So if people struggled with the system on pc but some were able to grasp it and help out others then why couldn't we do the same. Especially since all we would have had to do is look up the information up on the internet. I mean isn't that what people do? You know they check the original iteration as a point of reference. So having exposed that lie that they were protecting us let's move on to another glaring issue which is COMMUNICATION . I think these guys believe that by not communicating that were somehow Going to make a break through and our brains will reach a level of greatness that has only been achieved a few times before. Yes you guessed it...telepathy. I don't know about you guys but I'm no yoda, and when I try to be it usually takes a turn for the worse because I start to hear these dev voices in my head and they keep saying " We just have to keep them occupied for a year or so..how hard can it be? Give them a few maps once in a blue moon oh and also let the naive player base defend our lack of communication and our strong belief that our fan base are not Intelligent people capable of helping progress this game even more so than the product on the pc but in fact they are " Console players " aka test monkeys aka lab rats. Throw them a bone and they will get hungry. But they will always stay on the anticipation of when the next bone is coming and will be satisfied no matter what the size of the CONTENT . With all of that being said let's hope that the devs wake up sooner or later and allow us to genuinely have input in this game thus not only making the game better but making each other better as well.

Well put. I often think WoT entered the xbox 360 realm way too late in the game for them to really care too much. Afterall the servers will be up just a few more years. I think they have their eyes set on transitioning to the Xbox One console and are using this as a learning opportunity. This gives them plenty of time to develop their WoT Xbox One blueprint and it allows them two things: it allows them to test the game with a huge xbox 360 user-base while allowing the time necessary for Xbox One to build a large gaming community of their own.

Dakiras WG #18 Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:41 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 85 battles

Thanks for the feedback, THAI V1P3R. Definitely we want the game to be popular, have a good long life, and enjoyable to play so the feedback is much appreciated. Tweaks to packages are very likely, but as for removing them completely in favour of a different system I would think it is unlikely on the Xbox 360 Edition. Since the game is not "complete" as far as content that we want to add, there is definitely room to maneuver and make improvement tweaks with player feedback so I would say to definitely keep posting any things you run into that you believe require some attention so that we can compile the feedback to the development team. :)

Matthew J35U5 #19 Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:43 PM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 14028 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostDakiras WG, on 06 March 2014 - 07:41 AM, said:

Thanks for the feedback, THAI V1P3R. Definitely we want the game to be popular, have a good long life, and enjoyable to play so the feedback is much appreciated. Tweaks to packages are very likely, but as for removing them completely in favour of a different system I would think it is unlikely on the Xbox 360 Edition. Since the game is not "complete" as far as content that we want to add, there is definitely room to maneuver and make improvement tweaks with player feedback so I would say to definitely keep posting any things you run into that you believe require some attention so that we can compile the feedback to the development team. :)

inb4 "Wargaming confirms WoT on Xbox One" :tongue:

KeystoneCops, on 14 June 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

DARKFALZ VIP #20 Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7320 battles
Funny how WG claims that they forced the package upgrade system on us so new players would not be frustrated with "bad builds", yet as the OP points out, the very system they have given all of us CONTAINS BAD BUILDS!  Your excuse if null and void WG.  Give the community you claim to love so much what they want.  As I'm sure your numbers show since launch, the idiots have tried the game and have already left in frustration.  As a Beta player myself, I am quickly growing burnt out.  I purchased my T29 a few days ago (coming from Jumbo path), and likely won't reach the first upgrade for a few more days under the current system (won't be dropping ANY $ on converting XP).  If we had the module system, I would have easily been able to grind out the XP needed to upgrade my gun.  Enjoy your mediocre launch while it lasts.  This game will be a fizzling hulk of a mess by summer if you continue with this line of logic.

Edited by DARKFALZ VIP, 06 March 2014 - 01:07 PM.

Also tagged with Packages, Modules, Communication, Bugs, NewContent

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users