I’m worried about the life of this game. Concerns: Packages, Communication, Bugs, Content

Packages Modules Communication Bugs NewContent

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

Meido #21 Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 41141 battles
  • [NFTG]
I'm ok with them  surprising us with something new in the market place , We did in fact know the founders pack  was ending on  the end of the month. But still huge lack of communication by WG  be it the all so many ninja nerfs/ buffs , Telling the  non beta testers there is a huge forum based community  on the website. Just a lot of missteps by WG that quite  frankly has made this game extremely mundane  and a very real problem with staying popular over the course of a year . Making this gamer  seriously question where his money will be spent as soon As his remaining premium  expires.

Barbarossa101 #22 Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:14 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 41526 battles

Some excellent points raised in this thread. At the moment I'm still thoroughly enjoying the game.

I wish the platoon size was larger, possibly 4-5 team-mates in one platoon 

Tech trees need some work, and the prices are way too steep, but this game has tons of potential, with more maps, better equipment, new nations, new weapons etc.

How about the possibility of 'Kursk ' like engagements with more players and larger maps?

We may live more boring lives than than those who lived in apocalyptic times, but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of someone's ideological fantasy.

marc9600 #23 Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 2429 battles

Some good points made by the OP. I certainly think they need to do a better job in terms of announcing the dates for future content to keep people interested. People aren't stupid, they know how much content there is on the PC version and rightly wonder why we have so little in comparison after so many months of testing. Could just be a coincidence, but I was playing last night on the NA East server and the population on the server looked to be quite a bit lower, so not sure if this is a sign of things to come. I also tried playing with a Tier I tank again the other day and every game was 7 v 7, which tells me the influx of new players has already dropped off. Having played the PC version I also never really understood the rationale for having the package system. I can't believe they actually think we can't figure out how to combine modules or work out that an engine with 400hp is better than an engine with 300hp.

Vampire Nox #24 Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3182 battles

The game needs the modular upgrade system.

That's all that can be said. The packages are bad builds made with less than optimal equipment (when compared to the variety that is seen on the PC).

As for the argument of "we wanted to make it easier for console gamers and new players", that excuse doesn't fly when you take into account games like CoD, BF4, and Skyrim. These three games are just a small example of how Gamers on console are very pleased with, and how much they demand, as many customization options you can pack into a game. Console gamers want just as many customization options as PC gamers do, and had you actually polled Gamers, you would have known that.

But this will get listened to about as much as any other post. You guys at WG are as bad as 3fail3 Industries at admitting you made a mistake and judged your populations' desires wrongly.

Just get us the modular upgrades and you'll notice an entirely new, massive up-swing in the popularity of this game. I promise you that.

Life is Killing Me.

My garage: Pz. V/IV (Tier 5, Elite), Pz. IV (Tier 5, Elite), VK 36.01 H (Tier 6, Elite), Tiger (Tier VII)

Currently grinding:  Tiger (Tier VII)

KeystoneCops #25 Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17819 battles
  • [GIRLS]

I personally don't mind the package system, although some specific packages are awful (stock T29). I saved all my free XP up to that point, had more than 35k when I finally unlocked the T29. Still had to play a few matches as a lumbering scout before I could get to the 90mm.

These big grinds to useful packages are the best argument against the package system, IMO. However, since we all have to make the same grinds, it's reasonably fair.

I wish they'd expand the package system at least. If we had more options, there would be fewer complaints.

JAY II 9 II #26 Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:30 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 3570 battles

Great post, well said.

Armoured Reap3r #27 Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16111 battles
  • [UFL]

When this game released I was seeing almost 60-70k people on our servers. Now we struggle to hit 30k(unless I am on at non peak times)..

This alone to me tells me the game is struggling, not one of my friends who had never played this before it came out of beta,has played this still, even with me telling them to give it a try.

I agree with everything the OP has said. Do not think it will make any difference though.

Vampire Nox #28 Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3182 battles

View PostVampire Nox, on 06 March 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

The game needs the modular upgrade system.

That's all that can be said. The packages are bad builds made with less than optimal equipment (when compared to the variety that is seen on the PC).

As for the argument of "we wanted to make it easier for console gamers and new players", that excuse doesn't fly when you take into account games like CoD, BF4, and Skyrim. These three games are just a small example of how Gamers on console are very pleased with, and how much they demand, as many customization options you can pack into a game. Console gamers want just as many customization options as PC gamers do, and had you actually polled Gamers, you would have known that.

But this will get listened to about as much as any other post. You guys at WG are as bad as 3fail3 Industries at admitting you made a mistake and judged your populations' desires wrongly.

Just get us the modular upgrades and you'll notice an entirely new, massive up-swing in the popularity of this game. I promise you that.

View PostArmoured Reap3r, on 06 March 2014 - 07:42 AM, said:

When this game released I was seeing almost 60-70k people on our servers. Now we struggle to hit 30k(unless I am on at non peak times)..

This alone to me tells me the game is struggling, not one of my friends who had never played this before it came out of beta,has played this still, even with me telling them to give it a try.

I agree with everything the OP has said. Do not think it will make any difference though.

We think alike.

Life is Killing Me.

My garage: Pz. V/IV (Tier 5, Elite), Pz. IV (Tier 5, Elite), VK 36.01 H (Tier 6, Elite), Tiger (Tier VII)

SillySpheres #29 Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 20948 battles

Personally I'd like to see a tweak to Premium tanks.  I just dropped 10K gold (more than $40USD) on the JagdTiger 8.8.  I love this tank because I was a big fan of it's bigger brother during the beta.  I do love being able to make a ton of silver in each game- I had one game where I made over $175K, but the elite EXP is pretty much useless to me because I already have some 100K in uncoverted elite experience from my Tiger, VK36, T23, and T14.  The last thing I want to do after spending $40 is to spend more money to get the full benefits of the tank.    Or maybe they could allow me to do something with my fully trained crew...

Maybe provide a 10% free xp bonus on premium tanks?  Or allow me to convert my first X exp for free on a premium tank?  Something.  

I don't mind spending money, but I want to get good value.  I'm already $100 into the game.  I shouldn't have to continue to pop quarters in to fully enjoy what I already bought. 

XKiwiIsAwesomeX #30 Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:56 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 8146 battles

I have posted many times about the stuff on the original post, but that post really summed up all of it in a fantastic way. Nice job!

Now to input my opinion....:justwait:

An optional package system would be the best.  But, as the WGA said, "unlikely that the package system will be removed".  I played the Beta since the start.  It was a lot of fun, and I and my fellow testers whent through hell and back with playing through game-breaking bugs.  EVERYONE has had their game fragmented after the last update, I know this because everyone spawns in 5 seconds late.  Now, I remember in Beta when the game was super fragmented.   At one point, players spawned in 3 minutes late!  I have seen massive amount of progress.  The dreaded package upgrade glitch was fixed.  The "zombie" tank bug was fixed.  Look tankers, in all aspects, I can guarentee a MASSIVE update, with tons of stuff in it WITHOUT a lot of bugs because they spent their time trying to make it as bug free as possible.   We have to wait, and heed the "s" word, soon.  

2nd Wave Beta Tester

:popcorn:

Member of The Wild Bunch

Undefined tw0 #31 Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:37 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 22167 battles
Matthew, why Hetzers always gotta Hetz?

Dakiras, personally if you dropped the price now, it would be slightly annoying, but more important is any lesson you or the DEVs can take in perhaps thinking over the price before finalization and minimizing if not eliminating the need for any changes going forward.  Electronic or intellectual property does not depreciate like a normal purchase would (except maybe for nerfs), so please continue to try to keep prices static in the future!

Nuke2099 #32 Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23562 battles
  • [KMD]

I agree with everything the TC said. I have also experienced the same sort of problems with games such as Duels of the Planeswalkers. I have this nasty feeling that they will just use the game as a quick money grab while not supporting it "well" over a long period of time. Or like someone has already said, this is just an extra "test" until the real game comes out on next gen consoles. Basically their main game is the PC version and the 360 version is their unwanted step child that makes them a quick buck and is then discarded.

I want to be wrong.

lQqtvt1.gif

Cheesie Burrito #33 Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16647 battles

The different is.........

Thai is one of the top players in the world......

So I bet the will listen to his opinion.

Your not gonna like the Truth and there is simply no way to hide from it.

electronaut1976 #34 Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22321 battles

One example that the package system sucks is the horrible grind for the last package ob jagdpanther2. About 90 freakin thousand xp????? On pc it were like 60 k or so for the last gun.

I can tell you being laughed at by enemies tier 9+10 for that long is not cool...

HumdrumSwine2 #35 Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:58 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 11685 battles
Some businesses just don't have the founders judgement. I know n all the other games I've played, when dlc was a day away r more, I was playing to sharpen up and usually bought points for purchases. I'm hiding onto tanks for the crews but am running out of slots. These are good crews that deserve a good home in my next tank. 

Vampire Nox #36 Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:00 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3182 battles

View PostNuke2099, on 06 March 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:

I agree with everything the TC said. I have also experienced the same sort of problems with games such as Duels of the Planeswalkers. I have this nasty feeling that they will just use the game as a quick money grab while not supporting it "well" over a long period of time. Or like someone has already said, this is just an extra "test" until the real game comes out on next gen consoles. Basically their main game is the PC version and the 360 version is their unwanted step child that makes them a quick buck and is then discarded.

I want to be wrong.

Unfortunately, I also agree with this.

Life is Killing Me.

DonThommo #37 Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10703 battles
  • [GUYS]

I don't really see any issue with them not announcing in advance what the new specials/premium tanks are going to be.

It's also not surprising they aren't throwing around dates and names of new things they are going to release, as with any software development process there are inevitable delays and unforeseen issues, and if they promise to release something new on a set date and then it's not ready it either goes live full of bugs or it doesn't and people get annoyed either way.

Personally speaking the package stuff doesn't bother me. I didn't play PC so I don't have that to compare it to, but it's honestly not something that's annoyed me.

Communication seems good, they always respond on the forums quickly to bug tickets and such, and even to your thread here.

My only real gripe at the moment is the small amount of maps, but then it's not really a balanced view point as a Beta player, as we're all going to be a lot more bored of those maps then new players are.

YouTube / TwitchTwitter / My stats on Xbox & PS4 / Our Discord Server

BigHawkeye94 #38 Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5412 battles
^ They respond to fruitless topics not topics that are of the utmost importance. Now one of them did respond " This time " but just like the garbage social media that's run by Wg it was a generic and useless response. Add to the fact that Thai is one of the best on this game then you can see why we had a sighting from one of.  " Them "

" A message to all you miserable bugs out there seeking to ruin my experience in this game. If you dont show yourselves this instant you will be serverly dealt with. Hmmm very well..paparapapa! "

Vampire Nox #39 Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3182 battles

And the thing is, most people who're going to stick with this game for any amount of time and/or spend a significant amount of money on the game; all agree with Thai Sniper.

This package system is absolute garbage, WG.

And I swear I will not shut up about it until it either gets changed to the Modules that the PC enjoys, or you give us quadruple the amount of package choices (at least).

And I will make and comment in thread after thread about this. I will become that annoying pain in your [edited]until you realize how nasty of a mistake you guys made.

Life is Killing Me.

Cheesie Burrito #40 Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16647 battles

I wish they would come out and say....

Hey guys the every month on the 1st we will give you 1,2,3 new maps and 1,2,3 new tank lines....

Honestly I know they could give a @#$% as they already have my money and there is no real incentive to introduce more content yet.

Your not gonna like the Truth and there is simply no way to hide from it.

Also tagged with Packages, Modules, Communication, Bugs, NewContent

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users