I’m worried about the life of this game. Concerns: Packages, Communication, Bugs, Content

Packages Modules Communication Bugs NewContent

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

ir0nsloth #201 Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:55 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 13114 battles
I hate reasearching things twice. And when WG fixes it I doubt I'll get that Xp back.   I still love you WG, just disappointed

SaviorMoney #202 Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:49 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 3842 battles
  • [PIGS]

The whole VK 36 package thing burns my @$$. I LOVE that tank but I HATE that I cant have the best gun and engine together. I change the configuration often but with no prior knowledge of what battle I am heading in to, I seldom get the right one. If I go with the gun, I get put in a tier IX match, where my gun does no good. If I go with the engine, I get put in a tier IV match, where a better gun would result in one shot kills instead of giving the enemy time to do damage on me. I make it out either way because, IMO, the VK 36 is the tank in which I do my best work. I really hate that the final upgrade isnt the best of everything though

TiniestAxis3834 #203 Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:22 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 2479 battles
Packages will never work because there is no "Best Option". Each player will have their own preference so the only way to make packages work is to create a package for every possible combination of equipment for every single tank...

The flesh surrenders itself. Eternity takes back its own. Our bodies stirred these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strage ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time. What can we say of this? I occurred. I am not... yet, I occurred.

Nuke2099 #204 Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23562 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostTiniestAxis3834, on 14 March 2014 - 09:22 AM, said:

Packages will never work because there is no "Best Option". Each player will have their own preference so the only way to make packages work is to create a package for every possible combination of equipment for every single tank...

And to also allow the use of guns/parts that carry across from other tanks so the stock tank isn't that bad if it can use those parts.

lQqtvt1.gif

VWGUY1994 #205 Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 8226 battles

View PostTiniestAxis3834, on 14 March 2014 - 05:22 AM, said:

Also known as modules

Matchmaker sucks...

IRON0N3 #206 Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:37 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 4131 battles

View PostT4T2FR34K, on 11 March 2014 - 10:21 PM, said:

Which is why I will...it comes from YOUR gamertag and all of a sudden has more validity than from the people who originally brought it up...lol, arrogant troll indeed...

to be fair since WGA cleaned up the forums and archived the beta section this post is the first people see of it.

keep in mind there are quite a few new people such as myself to the forums due to the official release of the game.

Edited by IRON0N3, 16 March 2014 - 11:02 PM.

Veterans Gaming Clan

IRON0N3 #207 Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:00 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 4131 battles

View PostX L1V3 0R D13 X, on 13 March 2014 - 07:59 PM, said:

Maybe you and your Panzer IV can get a room. ;) just kidding around...Panzer wouldn't fit into a room.

cracked me up.

GOOD game Sir, GOOD game...

Veterans Gaming Clan

Sabber 307 #208 Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:38 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 12818 battles
  • [ATLAS]
I agree with you viper. All of your opinions are also my concerns. I'm invested in this game with time and money. I don't like investing in something that hasn't no future? Lack of information from wargaming wot is bad. And this map business for us to get our next 3 isn't great either. Maybe if we already had 10-12 maps this so called event may have been a good idea? But with so much more needed with countries, crews, finished tank lines, readable stat bars that allow you to see your real stats, upgradable packages, clan wars, I believe it was wrongly timed? I don't even know how close we are at getting our first new map? Now, this and some of my friends, is the game we play. I want to continue playing it as well. But my fear is this...I think that no other country tank lines will be added to the 360 this year? And 3 maps will be our last 3 as well this year? I think crews will happen but when? And clans wars won't ever happen? Like you wrote viper, if they would at wot tell us something about our future instead of good things comes to those who wait, this would help a lot! But I rarely see this and no nothing either about the future except 3 maps we have to wait on and crews coming soon. I hope I'm wrong and they do install at least the Russian tank line? And personally I would love to have the French mediums or Artie's. i hope they havent theirselves gave up on the 360 version? anyway, good luck to all

oopsiezz #209 Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:49 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 3090 battles
Yep, I am definitely concerned also with what the future holds for wot360. The player-base has been on a decline for quite some time with very little new players coming and actually staying. The player-base that plays now is obviously mostly made up of people that have been here for awhile as is evident by the marketplace not even having wot360 listed in that top 537 "most popular" arcade games. For a few weeks after the official launch, wot360 was in the top 5 on that list, now it's not even on the list out of 537 other games, that is a very grim sign in my opinion.

"you know the grille is bigger, slower, less armour, doesn't have a turret, it's only good feature is its gun" - A Dapper Kiwi, comparing the Grille 15 and WT E100.

JamesObain #210 Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:52 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4551 battles

View PostTHAI V1P3R, on 06 March 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

I know WG wants to make this a very popular game on the Xbox 360, but they are not doing a very good job at making their game appeal to new players. The first problem, of course, is the awful package system. Many tanks would not even have close to the excruciating grinds that we have to go through currently. For example, the T29's first package costs 48,200 exp to unlock if you came from the Sherman Jumbo or 34,200 coming from the M6 because they decided it was a good idea to upgrade everything about the tank in one package. The T29 stock is quite useless, especially if you are fighting higher tiers. On the PC you can immediately mount the 90 mm gun coming from the M6 or grind out just 14,000 coming from the Sherman Jumbo. Here is a direct quote from the wiki for the PC about the T29: " The 90mm Gun carries over from the M6 (or if you previously played the T20) and should be installed immediately. The 76 mm is insufficient for anything at this tier. Free XP is strongly recommended if you came from the E2 Jumbo Sherman and don't have the 90mm M3." The wiki even tells you to avoid, at all costs, playing the T29 stock! I know some players have accepted the package system, but why should we when there is no viable reason for it. I have not seen one instance where they have put packages together intelligently. In fact, it is quite the opposite. The VK 36.01 H is a good example of this. Its first upgrade package gives you the Konisch 7.5 cm gun, which is by far the best gun for that tank. The last two packages offer two separate guns that are worse, but you now get the Maybach HL 230 P45 engine, which is the best engine. No one in their right mind would equip a tank with anything but its best modules unless it comes to a preference of gun choice; it seems that WG has done that though. Currently there is no possible way to play the VK 36 with its best configuration. If you think about it, the excuse that we could make "bad builds" for tanks if we had modular upgrading is really just a ploy for them to make more money; their philosophy is probably something like: More frustrating grinds means a player will be more likely to spend money to skip the grind. On the contrary, I think if we had modular upgrading there would be more players that stick with this game and more would spend money. I can see a player converting 1,000-2,000 gold to 25,000-50.000 free experience so s/he could get a high tier module for his/her tank that could make it decently playable. When a player sees that it would cost 4,000-6,000 gold to get the 100,000-150,000 experience to get a package full of expensive modules, his/her likely response is, "Nope! No way I'm spending that much!" That would be on a single tank! S/he would be more likely to just accept the grind or quit this game altogether. Now I do understand this could also have been influenced by Microsoft because Microsoft will get a percentage of all purchases made on this game. It's still a bad business practice either way. Which is would earn you more money, 1,000 players who spend $50+ on the game or 50,000 players who spend $10-15 on the game?

The second thing is the bugs this game released with. Specifically the account lockout bug. This bug kept many players, beta veterans and newbies alike, from playing this game for hours or days at a time. I know many players on Xbox like to try new games when they release, but if the game won't even let them play it they move on. 

The third issue is that we have an utter lack of communication from the developers. Patch 1.0.3 came out yesterday, and we only heard about it a day prior. We were given no information they were releasing the Super Pershing or the Jagtiger 8.8 on March 1. It would be nice if they would give us some useful information well in advance, so we're not kept in the dark feeling like we're in limbo the whole time. People want to know what's going on, or they may not stick around. Even if new content was not coming for another month or more, at least we would know and have something to look forward to, which brings me to the last issue.

When are we going to get new content? I'm not talking about one map here, a two new premiums there, but the finishing of the American, German, or British trees, a new nation, or maybe a couple of maps. All I ever hear or see from the devs on the forums is the word "Soon", and a tweet they sent out yesterday said, "Good things come to those who wait, but we have no details about future content at this moment." Well, when are you going to have any information? A new patch came out with no new content. Players are getting bored here. This game has been virtually the same since the last two months of the beta, minus a couple of bugs. Let's face it, the players from the beta still make up the core of the dedicated community, and we're getting burnt out on this game. 

In the end, a game should be fun to play in all aspects. It's not fun when a game becomes frustrating to play, has a game-breaking bug, and has a lack of communication about patches and new content. How is this game going to draw in new players when there are many other games out there that are fun to play from the start and stay fun all throughout.

Disclaimer: The paragraphs contained herein are my opinions and I have expressed them to the best of my knowledge and ability. If any person has a disagreement or issue my claims, please express your concern with respect and politeness.

There are always going to be someone who wants to try the game...and will spend money on it

"Sometimes you get the Bear, Sometimes the Bear gets you"

Xtra Sauce #211 Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:41 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3024 battles
WG is ALOT smarter than you think. They know that the 360 will be irrevevelent in about 2 or 3 years. This game is just a quick ploy for cash, they threw it out barebones and sprinkled some irratating grinds and a helluva lot of premium tanks for a quick buck. Honestly, do not expect them to be making many adjustments or new content for this game. This is a good time for a quick squeeze for cash for them. They wont have to support this minimally like they are now for long. After this game dies down, which im sure will be pretty swift at this rate, they will probably just copy the pc version to the X1, The game we have now is basically a different game focused to make for a short grab for cash. its working too. Kudos to WG,'though you guys arnt getting a cent outta me, but maybe im the fool cause i think the game is still kinda fun, for what it is.

LuckySkillz 115 #212 Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:19 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 13623 battles
  • [TYS69]
Hell I've been saying that since the beta. I completely agree

Over 80% games in medium tanks and rising --- the Medium Tank Man

http://worldoftanksxbox360edition.com/community/accounts/193411-LuckySkillz%20115/ <-- Link to my Service Record.

Signature made by: PublicSafety <-- Link to topic.

Kuchiki29 #213 Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:48 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19207 battles
  • [SLBM]
Yay they've added new Maps.....too bad I never see them though,seriously tired of campinovka assault

Fear... It is something vital to us puny creatures. The instant man stops fearing is the instant the species reaches a dead end, only to sink to pitable lows, only to sit and wait apathetically for extinction. Humans who lose the ability to think become creatures whose existance has no value. Wake up! Don't be afraid of knowledge! Think, you humans who are split into two worlds, unless you want the gulf between humans to expand into oblivian, you must think! Signed, Schwarzwald.

bluerockets3569 #214 Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:59 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 3094 battles
I think what really kills the game for Newbies is the download time. I just spent about an hour updating to the fixed version.

SteelRhinocerus #215 Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 3088 battles

View PostXtra Sauce, on 23 March 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

WG is ALOT smarter than you think. They know that the 360 will be irrevevelent in about 2 or 3 years. This game is just a quick ploy for cash, they threw it out barebones and sprinkled some irratating grinds and a helluva lot of premium tanks for a quick buck. Honestly, do not expect them to be making many adjustments or new content for this game. This is a good time for a quick squeeze for cash for them. They wont have to support this minimally like they are now for long. After this game dies down, which im sure will be pretty swift at this rate, they will probably just copy the pc version to the X1, The game we have now is basically a different game focused to make for a short grab for cash. its working too. Kudos to WG,'though you guys arnt getting a cent outta me, but maybe im the fool cause i think the game is still kinda fun, for what it is.

I don't have a huge problem with this as it's a given that the 360 will die. What I hope WG do though is ensure it's player accounts carry over to xbone (if/when that happens) 

"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
- General George Patton

Also tagged with Packages, Modules, Communication, Bugs, NewContent

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users