I’m worried about the life of this game. Concerns: Packages, Communication, Bugs, Content

Packages Modules Communication Bugs NewContent

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

Saseti #41 Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:27 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 2526 battles
  • [AOC]

I didn't want to believe, but unfornately, I have again seen a company use the same exact F2P rope-a-dope tactics as usual. It's a shame, really. I think WoT had the potential to me much easier and player base friendly on the Xbox 360.

Here is a great article I have saved when I start trying to "keep up the with the Joneses"

The Top F2P Monetization Tricks - http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/RaminShokrizade/20130626/194933/

BigHawkeye94 #42 Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:34 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5412 battles
^ Thank you for posting this. I felt this way about a week into playing and tried to brush it off but it still lingered in my head. Now maybe these "defenders " of Wg will stop embarrassing themselves.

" A message to all you miserable bugs out there seeking to ruin my experience in this game. If you dont show yourselves this instant you will be serverly dealt with. Hmmm very well..paparapapa! "

Nemesis CRO #43 Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:55 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10625 battles
last time i said that WG is just going after are money i got attacked and insulted bec im not native english but ya package is not good at all plus i dont like how they made hier tiers so hard to earn money withut premium i get game with tortoise 4000 damage 5 kills and i got 1500 xp i think but i got -3000 silver ammo cost me 25000 silver like wow its sad its killing my will to play the game :(

DARKFALZ VIP #44 Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7320 battles

View PostSaseti, on 06 March 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

I didn't want to believe, but unfornately, I have again seen a company use the same exact F2P rope-a-dope tactics as usual. It's a shame, really. I think WoT had the potential to me much easier and player base friendly on the Xbox 360.

Here is a great article I have saved when I start trying to "keep up the with the Joneses"

The Top F2P Monetization Tricks - http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/RaminShokrizade/20130626/194933/

Thank you for the link.  I think the following quote from the article sums up why WG will not budge on the issue.

"This additional stress is often in the form of what Roger Dickey from Zynga calls “fun pain”. I describe this in my Two Contrasting Views of Monetization paper from 2011. This involves putting the consumer in a very uncomfortable or undesirable position in the game and then offering to remove this “pain” in return for spending money. This money is always layered in coercive monetization models, because if confronted with a “real” purchase the consumer would be less likely to fall for the trick."

There is no "fun pain" involved with the stock T29 grind.

Pr0m3theus123 #45 Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:40 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3215 battles

View PostDARKFALZ VIP, on 06 March 2014 - 05:30 PM, said:

Thank you for the link.  I think the following quote from the article sums up why WG will not budge on the issue.

"This additional stress is often in the form of what Roger Dickey from Zynga calls “fun pain”. I describe this in my Two Contrasting Views of Monetization paper from 2011. This involves putting the consumer in a very uncomfortable or undesirable position in the game and then offering to remove this “pain” in return for spending money. This money is always layered in coercive monetization models, because if confronted with a “real” purchase the consumer would be less likely to fall for the trick."

There is no "fun pain" involved with the stock T29 grind.

Sure there is. It's "fun" for the other guys and "pain" for you. See?

Kuchiki29 #46 Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:12 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19131 battles
  • [SLBM]

I made the.Suggestion of an upgrade system which allows Modules and Packages to Co-exist Months ago,as usual was I ignored by the Devs because im a wee little player on the totem pole as far as rep goes I copied and pasted the Post to here for everyone's review below.

Thought the Timing was Right to Delve back into the Beta Archives and Bring this Post back now that the Game Has Full Released and Veteran Beta Players,Veteran Pc,and People totally new to World of Tanks have been voicing their Dislike of the Package System and the Tedious grind associated with it on top of starting with a Worse of Gun and and other Modules that you left the Previous Tier With Along with this Proposal I also Propose a New Tutorial Video to correspond with the Proposed Solution so their aren't any interface and use issues.

I'm aware that Wargaming wants to stay with the Package system instead of Individual Modules,I say why not have BOTH Options and this is how I Propose it be done: If you go to any of the Tank Packages you will Immediately Notice no use for the X Button. Let the X Button enable us to select that individual Module within the Package for Research and Purchase and deployment(Equip said Module),once that module within that specific package has been researched i.e Tracks,Gun,Turret,Engine the next module in the next.package if available for Research/Purchase/Equip be available to do so.I'm aware of the want for only having Individual Modules like PC,but if this Idea is implemented the upgrade system will still be beginner friendly but still give Fans of The Module System the the ability to mix and match Modules if we so desire to.

I'm not saying we implement this at once but since we will Have Supertesters Soon I want to suggest the Developers make a Beta version of the proposed  system and test it from there for practical Functionality. I thank all my Fellow Forumers for taking Time to Read this.

Fear... It is something vital to us puny creatures. The instant man stops fearing is the instant the species reaches a dead end, only to sink to pitable lows, only to sit and wait apathetically for extinction. Humans who lose the ability to think become creatures whose existance has no value. Wake up! Don't be afraid of knowledge! Think, you humans who are split into two worlds, unless you want the gulf between humans to expand into oblivian, you must think! Signed, Schwarzwald.

Kuchiki29 #47 Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:31 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19131 battles
  • [SLBM]
As far as tue reasoning Behind Packages Many forumers for weeks pressed PainWGA aka Paingod why they implemented packages,His First Statement was so we dont make "Bad Builds", finally we got the truth when I messaged NyxWga and was told that A focus Group with little to no exp playing this game on pc amd during very early beta didnt like modules,they wanted everyhing then and now hence why we have these horrendous Grinds,Modules are the clear Primary Want for players of this Game,I ask Wargaming If Package are so Great why dont you stick Pc Players with them as well....I already know the answer but I will patiently wait

Fear... It is something vital to us puny creatures. The instant man stops fearing is the instant the species reaches a dead end, only to sink to pitable lows, only to sit and wait apathetically for extinction. Humans who lose the ability to think become creatures whose existance has no value. Wake up! Don't be afraid of knowledge! Think, you humans who are split into two worlds, unless you want the gulf between humans to expand into oblivian, you must think! Signed, Schwarzwald.

FancyTuna8 #48 Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:32 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 23370 battles
  • [HNG9]

View PostDakiras WG, on 06 March 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

Thanks for the feedback, THAI V1P3R. Definitely we want the game to be popular, have a good long life, and enjoyable to play so the feedback is much appreciated. Tweaks to packages are very likely, but as for removing them completely in favour of a different system I would think it is unlikely on the Xbox 360 Edition. Since the game is not "complete" as far as content that we want to add, there is definitely room to maneuver and make improvement tweaks with player feedback so I would say to definitely keep posting any things you run into that you believe require some attention so that we can compile the feedback to the development team. :)

I appreciate at least a response from WGA, since this same set of complaints has been posted before (ahem, ahem) with no reply.  I hope that your company gets the idea that forward communication is a good thing; the "gotcha" moments when you do release new content don't work as well.  I can understand not telegraphing new content that is for sale such as premium tanks, but maps, crews, etc is altogether different.  The recent thread proposing a package that we get to choose individual modules in, as a final unlock, is a good idea, and wouldn't compromise your system.  I won't pretend to understand why packages are your Waterloo.

I really like this game, but it sure feels like xbox players are treated like second-class citizens compared to PC.  No one is making me play, but it sure feels like I am staring at a dingy water faucet with a sign above that says "Xboxers Only".

Vampire Nox #49 Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:33 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3182 battles

View PostKuchiki28 CIC, on 06 March 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

I made the.Suggestion of an upgrade system which allows Modules and Packages to Co-exist Months ago,as usual was I ignored by the Devs because im a wee little player on the totem pole as far as rep goes I copied and pasted the Post to here for everyone's review below.

Thought the Timing was Right to Delve back into the Beta Archives and Bring this Post back now that the Game Has Full Released and Veteran Beta Players,Veteran Pc,and People totally new to World of Tanks have been voicing their Dislike of the Package System and the Tedious grind associated with it on top of starting with a Worse of Gun and and other Modules that you left the Previous Tier With Along with this Proposal I also Propose a New Tutorial Video to correspond with the Proposed Solution so their aren't any interface and use issues.

I'm aware that Wargaming wants to stay with the Package system instead of Individual Modules,I say why not have BOTH Options and this is how I Propose it be done: If you go to any of the Tank Packages you will Immediately Notice no use for the X Button. Let the X Button enable us to select that individual Module within the Package for Research and Purchase and deployment(Equip said Module),once that module within that specific package has been researched i.e Tracks,Gun,Turret,Engine the next module in the next.package if available for Research/Purchase/Equip be available to do so.I'm aware of the want for only having Individual Modules like PC,but if this Idea is implemented the upgrade system will still be beginner friendly but still give Fans of The Module System the the ability to mix and match Modules if we so desire to.

I'm not saying we implement this at once but since we will Have Supertesters Soon I want to suggest the Developers make a Beta version of the proposed  system and test it from there for practical Functionality. I thank all my Fellow Forumers for taking Time to Read this.

I couldn't +1 this (too positive for one day, WG???), but I think we need to quote, copy/paste, whatever we need to do, to keep this message high in WG visibility. This is the type of idea that desperately needs to get implemented!!

Great post, and I would +1, but...

Edited by Vampire Nox, 06 March 2014 - 06:36 PM.

Life is Killing Me.

My garage: Pz. V/IV (Tier 5, Elite), Pz. IV (Tier 5, Elite), VK 36.01 H (Tier 6, Elite), Tiger (Tier VII)

Currently grinding:  Tiger (Tier VII)

BigHawkeye94 #50 Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5412 battles
I am proud that about 90 percent of the people that have commented on here don't have the wool over their eyes and I am very happy that at least we stand together on many issues with this game. I think we've made record time in finding out the real motive of a company and were in a good transition state when it comes to what will be done about. I know that we will not mess this up and I am proud of all you guys.

" A message to all you miserable bugs out there seeking to ruin my experience in this game. If you dont show yourselves this instant you will be serverly dealt with. Hmmm very well..paparapapa! "

QaurtzClock #51 Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 2137 battles
I like this post...alot.  Mr. Viper is indeed right in everyway.

"If I don't come back, tell my mom I died doing what I love...WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO! ~ Muscle Man" 

SandM9 #52 Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:46 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 32851 battles

View PostCheesie Burrito, on 06 March 2014 - 07:57 AM, said:

The different is.........

Thai is one of the top players in the world......

So I bet the will listen to his opinion.

That's what makes this sad. Those of us who have been getting hammered for saying the same things for a long time and suddenly every body wants to jump on his jock. No offense Thai.

View PostDakiras WG, on 06 March 2014 - 05:41 AM, said:

Thanks for the feedback, THAI V1P3R. Definitely we want the game to be popular, have a good long life, and enjoyable to play so the feedback is much appreciated. Tweaks to packages are very likely, but as for removing them completely in favour of a different system I would think it is unlikely on the Xbox 360 Edition. Since the game is not "complete" as far as content that we want to add, there is definitely room to maneuver and make improvement tweaks with player feedback so I would say to definitely keep posting any things you run into that you believe require some attention so that we can compile the feedback to the development team. :)

Pathetic.

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

Im A GPS Facial #53 Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 2051 battles

View PostBigHawkeye94, on 06 March 2014 - 06:39 PM, said:

I am proud that about 90 percent of the people that have commented on here don't have the wool over their eyes and I am very happy that at least we stand together on many issues with this game. I think we've made record time in finding out the real motive of a company and were in a good transition state when it comes to what will be done about. I know that we will not mess this up and I am proud of all you guys.

F2P game company wants to make money.

Not a single person is surprised.  Maybe you had some kind of special wool over your eyes.

Edited by Im A GPS Facial, 06 March 2014 - 06:47 PM.

Buckbearazz #54 Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 3291 battles
Very well stated

THAI V1P3R #1 I said this in an earlier post they act like they don't already have the same game to copy off of on the computer. There is no reason to only have 5 maps or only 3 countries and not to have Russia is ridiculous . They need to fix this soon.

THAI V1P3R #55 Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:01 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 22798 battles
Thanks for the input guys. I'm glad most of you have been supporting me. I was surprised to see a dev post on the first page, and, of course, not surprised that they still seem adamant about the package system. Keep the posts coming. Hopefully we'll get them to change sometime. 

Vampire Nox #56 Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:11 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3182 battles

View PostTHAI V1P3R, on 06 March 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

Thanks for the input guys. I'm glad most of you have been supporting me. I was surprised to see a dev post on the first page, and, of course, not surprised that they still seem adamant about the package system. Keep the posts coming. Hopefully we'll get them to change sometime. 

That's the hope.  :)

Life is Killing Me.

My garage: Pz. V/IV (Tier 5, Elite), Pz. IV (Tier 5, Elite), VK 36.01 H (Tier 6, Elite), Tiger (Tier VII)

Currently grinding:  Tiger (Tier VII)

HalfTrack1981 #57 Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 1381 battles

OP: shourite!  +1

Matthew J35U5 #58 Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14028 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostUndefined tw0, on 06 March 2014 - 09:37 AM, said:

Matthew, why Hetzers always gotta Hetz?

Because if Hetzers didn't Hetz, then they wouldn't be Hetzers worth Hetzing about. 

KeystoneCops, on 14 June 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

SuperJay42 #59 Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 876 battles

View PostTHAI V1P3R, on 06 March 2014 - 02:01 PM, said:

I was surprised to see a dev post on the first page, and, of course, not surprised that they still seem adamant about the package system. Keep the posts coming. Hopefully we'll get them to change sometime. 

I don't want to rain on your parade, but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the package system to be scrapped in favor of a modular system like on PC. They're very, very, very unlikely to revisit what are core design decisions at this point. Whether those decisions were good or bad is likely irrelevant - that ship has sailed at this point. The package system is  baked in to the game, and to undo those choices would effectively mean starting over on a major aspect of it. That's just not feasible at this stage, post-release; you can't patch in something so fundamental. They'd have to effectively re-release the entire game, and while I'm sure the disgruntled forum cadre would like that, try and look at it from a software developer's standpoint - it's just not feasible at this stage.

What we're more likely to see (IMO) is changes within the package system. Packages could more easily have their contents shifted around, upgraded, or otherwise altered. Costs of individual packages could be changed fairly easily. My hope is that they'll begin addressing the convoluted aspects of some 'upgrades' which result in effective downgrades and make the progress more clearly linear, rather than spending tens of thousands of silver on a package or a new tank only to find out that you've gone backwards on a couple components. 

I say this not just to you, but to everyone who likes WoT and feels there are flaws in the package design: If you truly want to help the developers make changes to this system and improve the game, your efforts would probably be more productive if directed toward isolating specific packages that show clear problems. Repeating unrealistic demands over and over isn't likely to bear fruit, but helping them make necessary changes within the current paradigm has both a higher chance of getting results and is more likely to be changed sooner rather than later. 

Edited by SuperJay42, 06 March 2014 - 07:51 PM.

UA4LIFE #60 Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 16237 battles
They're never going to get rid of the package system unfortunately, no matter how much we tell them it sucks. If they don't introduce some new content very soon™ I'm also afraid this game is not going to last much longer. Shame too, because it has the potential to be such a great game.

Also tagged with Packages, Modules, Communication, Bugs, NewContent

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users