Jump to content


Unskinned Iron Rain?


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

P3NNYPACK3R #1 Posted 25 March 2019 - 09:42 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 12839 battles
  • 92
  • [VYPER]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2014
May not happen, but I am curious. If the unskinned Javelin has come and gone, should we expect the " plain " Iron Rain soon? Thanks.

BrogueOne #2 Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:06 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 21893 battles
  • 9,387
  • [ELDER]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016
Iron Rain was the epitome of a one-off Console exclusive reskin.  Much like the Dark Horse tanks and McDragon it is unique unto itself.  There is no precedent for a plain version beyond the TT version unlike the Javelin(which is the reskin of an already existing premium).

Basically....... any non-standard reskin/remodel that didn’t originate on PC is extremely likely to have no plain version released.

Sammael85 #3 Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:06 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 22076 battles
  • 4,247
  • [FAC]
  • Member since:
    08-20-2015

That would mean that they should do an unskinned T32A1 and a unskinned AMX Mle. 58. Thing that WG won't have a shame to release (if it's not already planned) specially after this thread.

 

EDIT: And yeah, i forgot the McDragon and the HMH Fv305. Would be nice to see unskinned versions of these two, specially considering that the Type59-2 actually existed.


"Como se te ocurre pensar eso, ¿no ves que todos los "Pros" tiran premium ? Por algo sera, solo unos pocos están capacitados para hacerlo" - By Enjamio

Si eres español/hispano y te sientes aislado por WG, no estás solo: Hay un Batallón Exiliado dispuesto a ayudarte

Frags, autism, shenanigans and utter lag HERE
 


HomicidalApple0 #4 Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:06 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 1945 battles
  • 525
  • [D7CAV]
  • Member since:
    12-25-2018
Would buy the iron rain or this in a heart beat, make it happen WG


P3NNYPACK3R #5 Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:07 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 12839 battles
  • 92
  • [VYPER]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2014
Sounds good, thanks for the response.

f1mitku #6 Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:32 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 41964 battles
  • 3,550
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016
Even when if they introduce an unskinned version it most probably will be on the same price as the “original”. The latest reskins don’t have camo bonus from the paint job. It’s only visual. 

Pit Friend #7 Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:05 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 31552 battles
  • 16,999
  • [PTATO]
  • Member since:
    07-14-2014

View PostBrogueOne, on 25 March 2019 - 05:06 PM, said:

Iron Rain was the epitome of a one-off Console exclusive reskin. Much like the Dark Horse tanks and McDragon it is unique unto itself. There is no precedent for a plain version beyond the TT version unlike the Javelin(which is the reskin of an already existing premium).

Basically....... any non-standard reskin/remodel that didn’t originate on PC is extremely likely to have no plain version released.

 

At least the McDragon is supposed to be an actual vehicle, the Type 59-II. I still would like to buy that version. 

I hope to one day be wealthy enough to be considered eccentric rather than just plain nuts.  


BrogueOne #8 Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:53 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 21893 battles
  • 9,387
  • [ELDER]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016

View PostPit Friend, on 25 March 2019 - 11:05 PM, said:

 

At least the McDragon is supposed to be an actual vehicle, the Type 59-II. I still would like to buy that version. 

There’s several of our reskins that are based on(or directly inspired by) real tanks.  Snakebite comes from a real life training model Cromwell that actually/accidentally went to the front.  Atomic is another.  Boilermaker comes directly from real battlefield modifications.  Even some of the Mercs have real life counterparts.  Wojtek is a historical pattern applied to a historical vehicle.  

 

I do admit though that I’m also a little miffed that they ignored the Type 59-II.  But at the same time..... I find it endlessly amusing that one of the best medium tanks in the game has the paint scheme most likely to scare off a buyer!



RAGNAR0K N ROLL #9 Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:31 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 18572 battles
  • 10,522
  • Member since:
    06-29-2013
I'd just like an option to apply normal camo to the Iron Rain. I really hate the color of it. At least the Skorpion G has some flair to its brown color

The Warrior of The Wasteland...The Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla....

Lone Wolfing since day 1


 


salomon2007 #10 Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:11 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 44228 battles
  • 2,315
  • Member since:
    02-28-2014

If there were original version tanks on WoTPC, they WGCB would implement WoTCS original paint job version tanks at first and then implement the same version tanks as of WoTPC.

For example, Patriot and T26E5 (original tank on WoTPC), HMH Chrysler K and Chrysler K, Skorpion G and Skorpion, Adler and VK45.03, Javelin and Krupp-Steyr WT, Audace and AMX CDA 105. :)


Edited by salomon2007, 26 March 2019 - 11:57 AM.


Pit Friend #11 Posted 26 March 2019 - 12:21 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 31552 battles
  • 16,999
  • [PTATO]
  • Member since:
    07-14-2014

View PostBrogueOne, on 25 March 2019 - 06:53 PM, said:

There’s several of our reskins that are based on(or directly inspired by) real tanks.  Snakebite comes from a real life training model Cromwell that actually/accidentally went to the front.  Atomic is another.  Boilermaker comes directly from real battlefield modifications.  Even some of the Mercs have real life counterparts.  Wojtek is a historical pattern applied to a historical vehicle.  

 

I do admit though that I’m also a little miffed that they ignored the Type 59-II.  But at the same time..... I find it endlessly amusing that one of the best medium tanks in the game has the paint scheme most likely to scare off a buyer!

 

Yes but those tanks basically exist in the game already. The Atomic is a tweaked Centurion I, Boilermaker is a Firefly, Wotjek/Pudel are simply a VK 30.02M but with less HPs because reasons. There are a few Merc tanks based on actual vehicles but they were hit with the silly stick and don’t have the right parts.  Snakebite is a special case but it’s a unique vehicle so there shouldn’t be other versions of it, and I assume the Thunderbolt VII coming out will be the same way. 

 

The King Dragon we have now is simply a fancied up version of the Type 59-II tank so there isn’t any reason to not have an unskinned version of it. Every other “flag” Premium has a direct plain version other than the Knight. I seriously can't understand why they refuse to release it. 

 

 


I hope to one day be wealthy enough to be considered eccentric rather than just plain nuts.  


BrogueOne #12 Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:11 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 21893 battles
  • 9,387
  • [ELDER]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016

View PostPit Friend, on 26 March 2019 - 12:21 PM, said:

 

Yes but those tanks basically exist in the game already. The Atomic is a tweaked Centurion I, Boilermaker is a Firefly, Wotjek/Pudel are simply a VK 30.02M but with less HPs because reasons. There are a few Merc tanks based on actual vehicles but they were hit with the silly stick and don’t have the right parts.  Snakebite is a special case but it’s a unique vehicle so there shouldn’t be other versions of it, and I assume the Thunderbolt VII coming out will be the same way. 

 

The King Dragon we have now is simply a fancied up version of the Type 59-II tank so there isn’t any reason to not have an unskinned version of it. Every other “flag” Premium has a direct plain version other than the Knight. I seriously can't understand why they refuse to release it. 

 

 

Might not be a *refusal* so much as they likely never planned on it.  They couldn’t even decide what gun to give it



Pit Friend #13 Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:20 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 31552 battles
  • 16,999
  • [PTATO]
  • Member since:
    07-14-2014

View PostBrogueOne, on 26 March 2019 - 09:11 AM, said:

Might not be a *refusal* so much as they likely never planned on it.  They couldn’t even decide what gun to give it

 

That seemed more like a response to the poor reaction the original King Dragon got. It was originally just the upgraded Type 59 instead of them actually upgrading the Type 59 like they should have done. So they slapped the better gun in it to increase sales. You’ll notice they never changed the model to reflect the new gun. 


I hope to one day be wealthy enough to be considered eccentric rather than just plain nuts.  


SaltyMcD #14 Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:29 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 17810 battles
  • 2,092
  • [GUARD]
  • Member since:
    12-21-2016
I want to install a brown camo pattern :B So I can call it Chocolate Rain . 

“ Never trust a forum member that uses an Anime profile pic .”      - SaltyMcD 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users