Your Opinion on having a map preference option?

Maps Poll

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Preferential Map selection (93 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 50 battles in order to participate this poll.

Would you like a feature like this on the game?

1. Yes (48 votes [51.61%])

Percentage of vote: 51.61%

2. No (45 votes [48.39%])

Percentage of vote: 48.39%

Would a feature like this improve your Tanking/Arty experience?

1. Yes (48 votes [51.61%])

Percentage of vote: 51.61%

2. No (45 votes [48.39%])

Percentage of vote: 48.39%

Are you a Tank commander or Arty commander?

1. Tank (56 votes [60.22%])

Percentage of vote: 60.22%

2. Arty (1 vote [1.08%])

Percentage of vote: 1.08%

3. Both (36 votes [38.71%])

Percentage of vote: 38.71%

Vote Hide poll

mockney_piers #21 Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:16 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9633 battles
  • [FILTH]
I'd love them to trial a lobby system, it could be really interesting to see how one fares.

P3NNYPACK3R #22 Posted 27 March 2019 - 11:10 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14141 battles
  • [47R-2]
Although the idea of map selecting is valid, I would be disappointed if it was ever implemented by WG. The random map circulation is a small part of the strategy aspect of the game. Learning the maps and how your tank could/should respond in certain scenarios is unique and helps to keep the gameplay from becoming stale.

Cobravert #23 Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27310 battles
  • [WPLAC]

View PostKaizer Billy, on 27 March 2019 - 04:45 AM, said:

I'm sure they still have lobby voting systems now which would work perfectly, once all 15 tankers have been match made you can vote from a choice of a few maps, simple.

I agree. You only need a majority vote for a map to get the game going. Give them 15 seconds to make a decision once everyone is in, and load that map.

Load a map as the primary, but make the vote available for an optional map. If the primary map is selected, launch. If the second option was selected, load it and start it up!

Doubtful WGing would ever implement such a thing, for they likely don't want certain maps that would be widely avoided to be widely avoided.

redshadowrider #24 Posted 27 March 2019 - 05:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 36667 battles

View PostP3NNYPACK3R, on 27 March 2019 - 05:10 AM, said:

Although the idea of map selecting is valid, I would be disappointed if it was ever implemented by WG. The random map circulation is a small part of the strategy aspect of the game. Learning the maps and how your tank could/should respond in certain scenarios is unique and helps to keep the gameplay from becoming stale.

I agree with you, in principle.  However, WG still can't fix the rotation where you don't play the same maps over and over.  If you get good map repeats it's one thing, but get stuck in a crappy rotation repeat, and only thing to do is quit.  
I'm just saying.....

ThermalStone #25 Posted 27 March 2019 - 06:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 31726 battles
  • [80085]

View PostEl Materdor43, on 26 March 2019 - 07:12 AM, said:

While I agree with you to a point, I think having a choice is a good thing. Your point about bad players only wanting corridor maps could also be applied to good players wanting open maps, such as Prokh, Murovanka and Steppes. As a players who gets Prokh maybe once a week, I would love to veto Pilsen, Abbey, Berlin, Icebound, Amazon, Ardennes and Windstorm to name a few

There's not very many good players and tons of baddies.  Your choices would be downvoted every time.

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.

El Materdor43 #26 Posted 27 March 2019 - 07:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32335 battles
  • [HACKS]

View PostThermalStone, on 27 March 2019 - 01:46 PM, said:

There's not very many good players and tons of baddies.  Your choices would be downvoted every time.

Be that as it may, I would still like to be given a choice. 

Nightlinger 72 #27 Posted 28 March 2019 - 08:47 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 56575 battles
  • [360GC]
I voted no because it was a nightmare in Max Payne 3. If you don't like playing the same map over and over again, it can be a frustrating and boring. Players who didn't get their favored map would just not play and that lead to lopsided teams. 

pilotguy79 #28 Posted 29 March 2019 - 03:06 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 16866 battles
  • [AOO]

This sounds like a bad idea . So basically customizable map rotation has on tank played. This just sounds bad. So I like City maps for my e3 and e4 and wide open  maps for arty and light tanks. 

So yeah. I see no problem with pmm for maps. I don’t mind very very good all the time.

RUNNINGDUDE1 #29 Posted 30 March 2019 - 02:58 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 23541 battles

View PostCobravert, on 26 March 2019 - 07:27 AM, said:

Back in my Halo and CoD days, match making we always were given the ability to pick from one of a couple maps. It was awesome because more it was a majority vote for whichever map, meaning you rarely ever had to play on maps that were unbalanced or generally disliked. It was one less detraction from the game, making it all the more enjoyable overall.

I do not believe for a second that it would have any negative impact on this game either.

So what if some maps are more or less avoided? It should send a message to the map makers of what type of maps people want to play on.

Community division?

That's a red herring.

There will NEVER be an overall unified community on ANYTHING, EVER.

You are wrong on so many levels that you don't even get. Think about how the number of players, classes, and tier levels to make it at least a -1 to -2 spread would be affected by choosing only one map along with the tier restrictions it has. There would be so many more one sided match ups aka one having more higher tiers and or classes and lesser 15 vs 15 match ups. Absolutely a big mistake. No thank you.

Catfishguy1977 #30 Posted 30 March 2019 - 05:38 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12316 battles
Pass on map preference for a multitude of reasons, it's not good for the game to limit maps to people's favorites.

Cobravert #31 Posted 01 April 2019 - 04:09 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27310 battles
  • [WPLAC]

View PostRUNNINGDUDE1, on 29 March 2019 - 09:58 PM, said:

You are wrong on so many levels that you don't even get. Think about how the number of players, classes, and tier levels to make it at least a -1 to -2 spread would be affected by choosing only one map along with the tier restrictions it has. There would be so many more one sided match ups aka one having more higher tiers and or classes and lesser 15 vs 15 match ups. Absolutely a big mistake. No thank you.

So tell me what you really think!

It would work.

*Halo BTB and COD had large player numbers per game. It was no problem there.

*Classes - Again, everyone has the ability to vote. If you don't like the map option, vote for the other to suit your class. If you find that the map you didn't want is selected, and your tank does not perform well there. Guess what. You likely would have had to play on it sooner or later anyhow if you had no option to vote on it.

*Abolish +2/-2, and most of the ills of match making disappear forever. But again, map voting or not voting, this is a NON issue to this end. It happens despite your ability to vote now - Nothing is changed in regards to voting. Being -2 sucks for most and until WGing gets that through their head, it will never change.

*Voting on a map would have NO impact on whether or not the teams that are established are terribly unbalanced. That's Match Making's fault, and has nothing to do with a map.

*Allowing map voting is not a mistake, and you have not given 1 valid argument to say otherwise.

Also tagged with Maps, Poll

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users