Abbey as a Medium

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

BoogaardsFist #1 Posted 29 March 2019 - 07:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13671 battles
Can someone please tell me how to play this map as a medium tank? 

panthermark #2 Posted 29 March 2019 - 07:43 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13306 battles

Sure....

Exit to lobby...

Pick another tank...

Play game...hopefully on a non corridor map or city map. 

3 MOE's: VK 30.01D (VI), T-34 (V), M-24 Chaffee (V)

2 MOE's: Indien-Panzer (VIII), T-20 (VII), Cromwell B (VI), Snakebite (VI), T-37 (VI), M4 Sherman w/Derp (V), VK 16.02 Leopard (V)

Cpl Derren #3 Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:45 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28768 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostBoogaardsFist, on 29 March 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

the only way I’ve been able to be moderately successful is to hang back and support the team from the second line tracking tanks, getting good shots from time to time (occasional gold spam :sceptic:) but in the end I have to hang back and let the heavies secure the flank before I can get to work.

Depends on the tank though. I can be more aggressive in the 48P and to an extent the CAX, but tanks like the Progetto, French meds, etc. you are kinda forced to play support or get killed by heavies and TDs.

going middle is risky because if they send more tanks to secure the abbey then you’re done, also you can get some flank shots on both flanks, but 2 out of 4 sides of the abbey leave you incredibly exposed.

ive never gone the river flank in a medium, and the times I have, never worked out that well.

Come watch me on Twitch! Simply search: cpl_derren

Check out my YouTube channel WoTC Academy!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZCURXxiHul8a_9hRcgfpmA

TheRhino2020 #4 Posted 29 March 2019 - 10:31 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6042 battles

I always just chill and wait for the fight to unfold a bit. You get to play reaction force for whatever lane needs shoring up. It depends on the makeup of your team as well. Of you've got a lot of heavies, you play track breaker from the back line. Lots of TDs means you're in the mid zone spotting and then drawing them back into the TDs. 

No enemy arty means you can ridge fight a little in the road through the abbey. 

Kebabsaurus Rex #5 Posted 02 April 2019 - 11:57 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 19783 battles
  • [ASYLM]

Take the abbey if you can.

You can then shoot across one side (non-water side) and help your heavies advance and win that side.

swindle 321 #6 Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:40 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 38915 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

Abbey's a tough map for a medium tank, the only real play is to hit the abbey, you can do well there and you're usually going to be fighting lights and other meds which is nice. Once you have the Abbey it opens up a lot of potential for engaging red tanks that are distracted on other flanks, which is damage that comes with very little risk to yourself as you can find people that are distracted.

All of what I just said is far easier said than done but like I said it is a tough map for a medium.

YouTube

KD9WjLi.jpg

Earfbound #7 Posted 07 April 2019 - 01:58 PM

Private

• Players
  • 21070 battles
  • [TANQC]

View Postpanthermark, on 29 March 2019 - 07:43 PM, said:

Sure....

Exit to lobby...

Pick another tank...

Play game...hopefully on a non corridor map or city map. 

This. Abbey is utter trash. 

TransparentBlue #8 Posted 01 July 2019 - 08:28 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13414 battles

View PostBoogaardsFist, on 29 March 2019 - 07:35 PM, said:

One of my favorite maps...

If a light tank races for the Abbey, be their follow up to make sure they win that vantage point.  Win the Abbey and you'll win the match more often than not.

Then either stay up there a bit and keep the light tank from being cornered, or slink off into the village to get forgotten for a minute.  Watch for chances to ambush enemies trying to cross over in front of their base.  

When their base camping TDs break cover, you can pick them off, Arty hunt, cap, or circle behind the heavies fighting in the corridors on the edges of the map.

If no lights go for the Abbey, you can, or go into the village on that side.  Biggest hazard is the ridge "windows" over the lake, but they usually have to expose pretty clearly to get their guns down at you.

There are still good options on both edge corridors for mediums, as long as you stay greasy and don't try to trade hit points.

ThermalStone #9 Posted 05 July 2019 - 01:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33003 battles
  • [80085]
Go to the 2 column, the higher road on the western side of the map.  At D2 from the north spawn and G2 from the south there is a small pocket you can sit in and fire into the middle or peak out and fire at tanks on your road.  Sitting in this pocket may deter the enemy from advancing down your road and flanking your heavies congregated at the chokepoint.  If your position is compromised you can bug out by sliding off towards the middle of the map and doubling back to base.  

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users