Vanguard - ELC - Review / Feed-back / details / equipment / what not...

Vanguard ELC light

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

RangerCharlie75 #21 Posted 01 May 2019 - 11:20 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16358 battles
  • [USAV]

Decided to get the base model last night. Had a lot of giggles with it, all Tier 10 games.

Last game I was the last green alive with 6 reds on my tails. I zigged and zagged and laughed so hard as they failed to hit me in my run across the whole map to take out their arty before I was nailed. 

Samtrooper429 #22 Posted 01 May 2019 - 02:42 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15825 battles
  • [A_14]
It is an amazing tank..
Posted Image

Samtrooper429 #23 Posted 01 May 2019 - 02:43 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15825 battles
  • [A_14]
http://wotinfo.net/e...2/signature.png

P6X330 #24 Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:17 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15332 battles
  • [AMXS]
vacant.

Edited by P6X330, 01 May 2019 - 08:18 PM.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

AJH387 #25 Posted 03 May 2019 - 04:01 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15237 battles
  • [HLCAT]

I got it the other night. Only played like 3 battles in it (I've been busy). Seems fun. Of course 2 of the 3 matches I was on a team that instantly melted, plus was 1 of the many glorious city maps in the game, anymore :sceptic:

I am going to play it a bit this weekend and try to figure out how to play it. It's fun but I feel like it could also be frustrating. I quickly found out that I can't be aggressive like I do in the Rover. 

donny007-THX #26 Posted 31 May 2019 - 07:01 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21548 battles

Semi Necro alert - Do not see need for a new thread.

I am going to start playing Vanguard and was just looking at its vision.  Was thinking of a few options to run:

1.  Camo net, Binocs and Vstab

2.  Vstab, Vents and Optics

Camo is very good so that calls the camo net into question.  Is it necessary or useful at this point?       If running Optics instead of Binocs the Vents will bump the vision a little to compensate but total vision will be at a disadvantage...   

My initial thought is run 2.  Mostly due to the fact true passive scouting is something I find tough to do well.  Secondly the Camo factor is good enough a loss of some vision is not that bad.

BTW I don't run camo net on my other lights.....

What has worked for Vanguard owners so far?

When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

donny007-THX #27 Posted 31 May 2019 - 10:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21548 battles
Only had time to run one game in it with Vstab, Vents and Binocs on Siggy Line.  Had about 3,700 assist by working the infield area around the cement pill boxes.  It was kind of hard to sit still long enough to take advantage of the binocs tho.  May just switch to optics and not worry about that extra vision.  TBD
When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

P6X330 #28 Posted 01 June 2019 - 09:37 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15332 battles
  • [AMXS]

View Postdonny007-THX, on 31 May 2019 - 01:01 PM, said:

Semi Necro alert - Do not see need for a new thread.

I am going to start playing Vanguard and was just looking at its vision.  Was thinking of a few options to run:

1.  Camo net, Binocs and Vstab

2.  Vstab, Vents and Optics

Camo is very good so that calls the camo net into question.  Is it necessary or useful at this point?       If running Optics instead of Binocs the Vents will bump the vision a little to compensate but total vision will be at a disadvantage...   

My initial thought is run 2.  Mostly due to the fact true passive scouting is something I find tough to do well.  Secondly the Camo factor is good enough a loss of some vision is not that bad.

BTW I don't run camo net on my other lights.....

What has worked for Vanguard owners so far?

I would not use anything "passive" on a tank that small and that fast...

You went with the right combination of equipment with option 2.

The only tank I run camo on is the AMX Chaffee, but there is rationale behind it. I will post a video of why later on. I need to upload it to YT first.

Bad teams are in the same battle. Good teams work together! don't complain, contribute.

P6X330 #29 Posted 03 June 2019 - 05:55 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 15332 battles
  • [AMXS]

So, as promised, here are two videos of battles with the AMX Chaffee finishing top in the leaderboard on victory.

Towards the end of the battle on Murovanka, I am able to creep on the Black Prince while staying out of detection. I would have most likely been able to eliminate it if given the time.

On Live Oaks, I made a mistake because I had not expected the artillery would have been able to backup faster than me advancing. I made a bad call by simply not staying outside of his detection range. With only 5 hit points left, I was too vulnerable.

Bear in mind, these two games are played the same day, June 1st, and my crew only has Brothers in Arms trained.

donny007-THX #30 Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21548 battles

Thanks for posting videos.  One thing not clear to me is that you use camo net on Chaffee.  From what I saw in the first video you were pretty mobile.  And the stalking on the BP the camo net was not engaged.  I am not sure if you are advocating its use and this was a demonstration of that or not.  

I do think if the game was not capped out you would have taken the BP out.  Just needed a little more time to work him.

For now I am going to mess around with Vstab, Vents and Binocs.  The crew has both of the vision skills (a 11 skill crew) so when moving vision is not bad.  When parked for 3 seconds it gets pretty long reach.  Its more of an experiment as this tank is unique in several ways so my standard load out of Vstab, Vents and Optics is a little TBD. 

Funktastic Ed #31 Posted 03 July 2019 - 02:18 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18260 battles

I like E.T.

Funny tank to play, gun more powerfull than expected, and very easy to hide.

Only problem i have is that nonsense reload time, only 5.13 shotper minutes is pretty poor.

"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

TransparentBlue #32 Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:09 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12573 battles
Best little pay to win tank that money can buy...

Also tagged with Vanguard, ELC, light

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users