Jump to content


Map Walkthroughs


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Cpl Derren #1 Posted 04 April 2019 - 12:55 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 28729 battles
  • 686
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    10-12-2013
Hi everyone!
 
Im going to start frequently streaming/uploading map walkthroughs soon. I feel this would be VERY beneficial to everyone as WoTC contains maps no longer seen on PC or maps completely exclusive to Console. And I already have a playlist with videos covering Westfield, Malinovka, Heilbronn, and Lakeville. (link below)
 
 
Feel free to take a look, drop a comment, or suggestion for another map you’d like to see next, etc. or feel free to take a look at my FB where you can contact me directly and stay up to date as to when I’m streaming or when a new video is released!
 
 
Thanks for your time!
 
Derren 

Come watch me on Twitch! Simply search: cpl_derren

Check out my YouTube channel WoTC Academy!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZCURXxiHul8a_9hRcgfpmA


Sammael85 #2 Posted 04 April 2019 - 02:47 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 25570 battles
  • 5,096
  • [FAC]
  • Member since:
    08-20-2015
I did enjoy the superb guide that Just an Ace and other guy did long time ago and i was underwhelmed they didn't ever updated their work since, hope this serves as a substitute :)

 

 


Cpl Derren #3 Posted 04 April 2019 - 03:31 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 28729 battles
  • 686
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    10-12-2013

View PostSammael85, on 04 April 2019 - 09:47 AM, said:

I did enjoy the superb guide that Just an Ace and other guy did long time ago and i was underwhelmed they didn't ever updated their work since, hope this serves as a substitute :)

 

is it that PDF he put together? I've been using that as a "rough draft" for my walkthroughs. Of course the meta has changed since then plus new maps so I gotta include current information, but that PDF was a great starting point for me.  I decided to do this walkthroughs since you can only learn so much by looking at a simple top down map. 

Come watch me on Twitch! Simply search: cpl_derren

Check out my YouTube channel WoTC Academy!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZCURXxiHul8a_9hRcgfpmA


Sammael85 #4 Posted 04 April 2019 - 03:52 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 25570 battles
  • 5,096
  • [FAC]
  • Member since:
    08-20-2015

View PostCpl Derren, on 04 April 2019 - 04:31 PM, said:

 

is it that PDF he put together? I've been using that as a "rough draft" for my walkthroughs. Of course the meta has changed since then plus new maps so I gotta include current information, but that PDF was a great starting point for me.  I decided to do this walkthroughs since you can only learn so much by looking at a simple top down map. 

 

That is! Despite the changes on the meta (insert a meme of the doge talking about dynamic gameplay here) is a good basis about where are ubicated the choke points on many many maps being still quite useful.

Of course an update of some sort was needed specially now with several maps added (without entering in personal opinions about how these maps are) so i hope to see your work coming up to great extends! I've overseen the playlist and i must say they are quite complete with over an hour of footage so it's trully a serious ammount of dedication well put in them. :)

 

 


Cpl Derren #5 Posted 04 April 2019 - 04:04 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 28729 battles
  • 686
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    10-12-2013

View PostSammael85, on 04 April 2019 - 10:52 AM, said:

 

That is! Despite the changes on the meta (insert a meme of the doge talking about dynamic gameplay here) is a good basis about where are ubicated the choke points on many many maps being still quite useful.

Of course an update of some sort was needed specially now with several maps added (without entering in personal opinions about how these maps are) so i hope to see your work coming up to great extends! I've overseen the playlist and i must say they are quite complete with over an hour of footage so it's trully a serious ammount of dedication well put in them. :)

 

Thanks! :) Unfortunately it all has to be done via stream so anyone watching could ask questions, as well as the fact that I do not have a capture card, nor does twitch allow the editing of streams. :sceptic:  I want to try to be as detailed as I can, but my only problem will be premium time as I dont have the funds to keep refilling my account. So my dilemma becomes one of finding a clan mate willing to host for me and stuff, until I can get more premium time :teethhappy:

Come watch me on Twitch! Simply search: cpl_derren

Check out my YouTube channel WoTC Academy!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZCURXxiHul8a_9hRcgfpmA


Sammael85 #6 Posted 04 April 2019 - 04:18 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 25570 battles
  • 5,096
  • [FAC]
  • Member since:
    08-20-2015

View PostCpl Derren, on 04 April 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

 

Thanks! :) Unfortunately it all has to be done via stream so anyone watching could ask questions, as well as the fact that I do not have a capture card, nor does twitch allow the editing of streams. :sceptic:  I want to try to be as detailed as I can, but my only problem will be premium time as I dont have the funds to keep refilling my account. So my dilemma becomes one of finding a clan mate willing to host for me and stuff, until I can get more premium time :teethhappy:

 

Twitch is a bit "special" if you ask me, it priorizes streaming on the fly as well as only accepting comments from already registered folks, so your approach on YouTube is the best choice. :)

As long as about funding for Premium time to open up the training rooms well, sure at the beginning it could be quite difficult and i don't see too much room for monetization on YouTube for gaming stuff, but sure you'll find someone able to fund you with a tip at least if you keep the content coming with that level of quality. If there isn't a helping hand coming out from this own forum ;)


 

 


Cpl Derren #7 Posted 04 April 2019 - 04:24 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 28729 battles
  • 686
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    10-12-2013

View PostSammael85, on 04 April 2019 - 11:18 AM, said:

 

Twitch is a bit "special" if you ask me, it priorizes streaming on the fly as well as only accepting comments from already registered folks, so your approach on YouTube is the best choice. :)

As long as about funding for Premium time to open up the training rooms well, sure at the beginning it could be quite difficult and i don't see too much room for monetization on YouTube for gaming stuff, but sure you'll find someone able to fund you with a tip at least if you keep the content coming with that level of quality. If there isn't a helping hand coming out from this own forum ;)

 

while donations would be great, as I would use that to improve my content quality in a heartbeat! That is not my goal. While getting free tanks (or whatever the bonuses of being a CC are) are nice, I only applied to the CC program because I saw my channel as the only PURELY educational, instructive channel, that the entire community could benefit from. I have no plans of "marketing" new premium tanks on my channel. :)

Edited by Cpl Derren, 04 April 2019 - 04:30 PM.

Come watch me on Twitch! Simply search: cpl_derren

Check out my YouTube channel WoTC Academy!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZCURXxiHul8a_9hRcgfpmA


Sammael85 #8 Posted 04 April 2019 - 04:36 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 25570 battles
  • 5,096
  • [FAC]
  • Member since:
    08-20-2015

View PostCpl Derren, on 04 April 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

 

while donations would be great, as I would use that to improve my content quality in a heartbeat! That is not my goal. While getting free tanks (or whatever the bonuses of being a CC are) are nice, I only applied to the CC program because I saw my channel as the only PURELY educational, instructive channel, that the entire community could benefit from. I have no plans of "marketing" new premium tanks on my channel. :)

 

I can understand your point of view as i only stream (in my native language as i'm not that fluent in english despite my writing lol) for [edited]and giggles fun and entertainment, without prosecuting monetization at first until i have an stable set of spectators. However i think your project trully deserve that,and it's a pity that the CC program works as it works and only gives Premium tanks as incentive, not being no one able to exchange them for something else.

 

 


Cpl Derren #9 Posted 04 April 2019 - 04:43 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 28729 battles
  • 686
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    10-12-2013

View PostSammael85, on 04 April 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

 

I can understand your point of view as i only stream (in my native language as i'm not that fluent in english despite my writing lol) for [edited]and giggles fun and entertainment, without prosecuting monetization at first until i have an stable set of spectators. However i think your project trully deserve that,and it's a pity that the CC program works as it works and only gives Premium tanks as incentive, not being no one able to exchange them for something else.

 

It is what it is unfortunately, and my dedication and patience will pay off one day. :) For now my immediate goals are to keep making more people aware of my channel, try to remain consistent in my uploads, and gain viewers so I'm not talking to myself when I stream :teethhappy:

Come watch me on Twitch! Simply search: cpl_derren

Check out my YouTube channel WoTC Academy!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZCURXxiHul8a_9hRcgfpmA


SmalltalkJava #10 Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:09 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 17039 battles
  • 419
  • Member since:
    11-20-2013
Cool.  I’ll try to check them out.   I’m always looking to improve

Wakkomaster #11 Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:14 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 13961 battles
  • 267
  • Member since:
    07-12-2015

View PostCpl Derren, on 04 April 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

Hi everyone!
 
Im going to start frequently streaming/uploading map walkthroughs soon.

 

..and it's going to be called: Derrenology II - where to take your Derren.

 

Oh, it will be glorious!

 

;)


Currently playing World of Tanks on:

Xbox - Wakkomaster

You can also find me on:

Playstation - Wakkopresi

PC - Wakkomaster


Cpl Derren #12 Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:58 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 28729 battles
  • 686
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    10-12-2013

View PostWakkomaster, on 16 April 2019 - 08:14 AM, said:

 

..and it's going to be called: Derrenology II - where to take your Derren.

 

Oh, it will be glorious!

 

;)

 

:teethhappy: I could not help but laugh at this! 

Come watch me on Twitch! Simply search: cpl_derren

Check out my YouTube channel WoTC Academy!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZCURXxiHul8a_9hRcgfpmA


BigBoreBatallio #13 Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:04 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4011 battles
  • 26
  • [BG1TV]
  • Member since:
    04-01-2016
Where would one find the pdf from Just an Ace. I'd like to add it to my library even if it's outdated.

And thank Cpl. Darren for the walkthroughs. I've been finding then helpful.

"Big Bore Battalion"

Give 'em shell! 

Big Bore Battalion. XBGT: BigBoreBattalio





14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users