Campers......need to leave this game

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

HoverBoyBen #1 Posted 07 April 2019 - 03:34 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3113 battles
ok, first off I hate campers, despise them actual, like a battle yesterday i came across this one player siting aimed at an opening where tanks have to pass through with a rock cliff behind him and to his right. and he was camping. Ive seen this happen in Call of duty where players think that there good because they rack up the kills by camping. camping are for players that are inconsiderate jerks. and should be punished for sitting in one place and not useing skill to defeat a enemy. anyone else agree that camper's of all kinds ruin games now they make it unfun and unfair for players that fight fair...... please feel free to give me feed back on your thoughts.

Kaboost #2 Posted 07 April 2019 - 03:53 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15358 battles
  • [JOCO]

Don’t see how camping isn’t fair. There are some tanks where camping is the only way to play(sneaky TDs, passive lights). If they are camping in a different tank like say a heavy then they are hurting their team more than helping and probably aren’t very good at the game to begin with.

Checking the after battle results and you’ll notice that the top tankers are usually driving a good amount of distance.

Lights tanks need rebalanced(again)

​Update 4.2 and 4.6 were terrible

SGT Rock 1963 #3 Posted 07 April 2019 - 04:33 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 12844 battles
  • [JOCO]

You've been playing since 2013. Nothing new. I have no issues with damage farmers. As long as their playing their tanks strengths. Then their contributing. Hiding on the red line, Shooting nothing is frustrating. 

SGT_Rock_1963   On mixer, Leave a follow. 

HomicidalApple0 #4 Posted 07 April 2019 - 04:42 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2919 battles

Im sorry but that is why you have a .37KD and a 4% survival rating. Id imagine a camper is doing more positive for the team by surviving and putting shots down than driving around more than they should getting surrounded/caught in a crossfire and blown up

deadmeat1027 #5 Posted 07 April 2019 - 05:00 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17077 battles

Camping in tanks isn't really the same as camping in other FPS. A heavy or medium tank probably shouldn't be sitting and watching an opening like that, but the TD class should be watching an opening that tanks have to move through and the tanks coming that way need to know a TD is probably sitting there and work a strategy to get around. A light tank may also be sitting and watching "camping" because they are in a scout role and should be looking for the enemy not attacking directly. These tanks are playing their roles correctly which is different than other FPS where any class can basically do the same things. Tanks are suppose to use armor, gun handling and stealth, depending on class or type to clog up a side of the map and support and attack. There are tanks that are not made to be running and gunning, Swedish TDs for instance cannot move and shoot they are specifically designed to sit in siege mode and shoot or to move to a new position quickly but not have gun handling to shoot. Even heavies have to play differently a t-29 will be better hull down at the front and attacking and a German or Russian heavy on the same map location may be moving and attacking using armor to push through. All are heavy tanks but the t-29 is better in a position to "camp" and use its amazing turret armor and not expose the soft lower armor.

Choco14Chain214 #6 Posted 08 April 2019 - 10:07 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21692 battles

View PostHomicidalApple0, on 07 April 2019 - 04:42 PM, said:

Im sorry but that is why you have a .37KD and a 4% survival rating. Id imagine a camper is doing more positive for the team by surviving and putting shots down than driving around more than they should getting surrounded/caught in a crossfire and blown up

And you're not bad for a re-roll  Move along with you 1600 games played and almost all premiums... The regular tier x and ix have like 50 games......

I know I suck... S

Edited by FourteenChain21, 08 April 2019 - 10:19 PM.

HomicidalApple0 #7 Posted 08 April 2019 - 10:16 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2919 battles

View PostFourteenChain21, on 08 April 2019 - 10:07 PM, said:

And you're not bad for a re-roll  Move along with you 1600 games played 

I’ve literally never played this game before this account, I just have a friend at work that got me to try it and offered tips and I came here and YouTube for Info. But I’ll take that as a compliment since I know this is my first and only account. I have a 1.15KD, that’d be one crappy [edited]reroll and a waste of time for my stats 

Choco14Chain214 #8 Posted 08 April 2019 - 10:36 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21692 battles
You've spent and hell of a lot on money on your tank collection and hand picked the best...  Me on the other hand have bought sold and don't have much to show for it... Ps what KD? 

HomicidalApple0 #9 Posted 08 April 2019 - 11:00 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2919 battles

View PostFourteenChain21, on 08 April 2019 - 10:36 PM, said:

You've spent and hell of a lot on money on your tank collection and hand picked the best...  Me on the other hand have bought sold and don't have much to show for it... Ps what KD? 

Yeah I mean I work a lot and have really enjoyed this game so as I read on here about certain ones and they went on sale I picked em up. Also bought one of those anniversary bundles so 9 of them alone are from that. Look man I meant no disrespect to the OP here, I was just simply trying to tell him that it’s not necessarily camping as much as it playing tanks as they should be played to benefit the team and not just yolo up and get blown up before putting damage down. 

Im a new player myself I just got a lot of help reading stuff here and watching YouTube videos and how they play. 

LongingWinter88 #10 Posted 13 April 2019 - 10:57 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 48339 battles
  • [EGG]

depends on the tank if you are in a TD  with paper thin armor and your advantage is your optics and gun then that players has every right to find a sniper spot and kill  its not his job to make it easy on an opposing player...

example if a flakbus is running around the place trying to take on a kv-1 or churchill while on the move then he would die every time

HAIR OOH INN #11 Posted 13 April 2019 - 11:35 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19069 battles
  • [XRAN]
If you have paper armour and accuracy below .36 free to camp. 

NOW RECRUITING, MSG 4 DETAILS <------------

Very Classy #12 Posted 14 April 2019 - 07:47 AM

Major

• Players
  • 32984 battles
  • [JOCO]
Sounds like OP needs to get Sixth Sense. 

There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?
                                                                                         -- allhavoc

wake_the_move #13 Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:50 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11002 battles

There are plenty of TDs, which are prone to camp. Also as if SS would not be enough you have a default signal on console, which warns you if someone aims at you. Totally ridiculous and makes sniping already way less fun. Not to mention that it took a good chunk of usefulness off of SS. 

jf98rt59 #14 Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:11 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 51547 battles
  • [BDEEP]

Campers don't make it onto my annoying players' list, but I'll give a few examples of who do.  Number 1 is the player "v--pire p---dox. His in-game racial, homophobic and belligerent rants towards other players should be addressed by WG  and PS. If there ever was a poster boy deserving an attitude adjustment or good public [edited]-kicking, he's the candidate. He usually doesn't speak until after he's destroyed then he starts blaming everyone else for his demise and the ranting starts. 

Then there are the players who have to play music over their mic. and never speak a word in-game. Top of my list is a "comic book war hero". Then there are clan or platoon squads that use game chat instead of party-chat to speak in their native language.  I also include players that use a mic without headphones and only carry-on conversations with family members, have crying kids, barking dogs or wives doing housework, never socialize or offer in-game info and you hear their tank communications.

I'm sure there are other players that are annoyed by these and other examples in regards to in-game etiquette. One of the best in-game features is the "Mute" button.  I only wish I didn't have to mute the same player more than once.

panthermark #15 Posted 16 April 2019 - 08:26 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13192 battles

I hate campers....

But that refers mostly to tanks (non TD's) that camp the spawn and back line.  Especially heavies....

Covering a choke point is different than camping.....

3 MOE's: VK 30.01D (VI), T-34 (V), M-24 Chaffee (V)

2 MOE's: Indien-Panzer (VIII), T-20 (VII), Cromwell B (VI), Snakebite (VI), T-37 (VI), M4 Sherman w/Derp (V), VK 16.02 Leopard (V)

CleverJoey1844 #16 Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:06 AM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 46131 battles
  • [STDZ]

View PostHomicidalApple0, on 08 April 2019 - 11:00 PM, said:

Yeah I mean I work a lot and have really enjoyed this game so as I read on here about certain ones and they went on sale I picked em up. Also bought one of those anniversary bundles so 9 of them alone are from that. Look man I meant no disrespect to the OP here, I was just simply trying to tell him that it’s not necessarily camping as much as it playing tanks as they should be played to benefit the team and not just yolo up and get blown up before putting damage down. 

Im a new player myself I just got a lot of help reading stuff here and watching YouTube videos and how they play. 

For a new player you give sound advise. Nothing wrong with having all PM tanks either. Not every heavy is a true heavy tank. Not all lights can be played like a light either. Mediums are basically go where you feel and support where your needed. Each and every player to their own imo. 

TURDF3RG3S0N #17 Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:13 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21068 battles
  • [SDRGN]

View PostHoverBoyBen, on 07 April 2019 - 03:34 PM, said:

ok, first off I hate campers, despise them actual, like a battle yesterday i came across this one player siting aimed at an opening where tanks have to pass through with a rock cliff behind him and to his right. and he was camping. Ive seen this happen in Call of duty where players think that there good because they rack up the kills by camping. camping are for players that are inconsiderate jerks. and should be punished for sitting in one place and not useing skill to defeat a enemy. anyone else agree that camper's of all kinds ruin games now they make it unfun and unfair for players that fight fair...... please feel free to give me feed back on your thoughts.

So much salt.

SmalltalkJava #18 Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:22 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17039 battles
Never overextend from the campers

SightlessRogue0 #19 Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:53 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19848 battles

There is a difference between camping and choosing a strategic spot, I played a game with my new Vanguard or I was well placed on the map to do passive spotting and launch some shots from time to time. I received 2 messages ... there was one that told me GG, because I had won the team, I was ranked best player because of a monstrous accumulation point of assistance with my spotting and the other message was accusing me of being a camper.

You know there are people who believe that each tank class has a specific role to play (for example the light ones must be exclusively rush-suicide), as soon as you change the roles the time of a single game, you become a heretic.

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

WoT BoT3125 #20 Posted 24 April 2019 - 01:45 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 12831 battles
  • [-AXS-]
Try and play mines in comp. 

When the clipper tanks used to be good

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users